Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap

Jan 11, 2013 Read more: Reuters 279

Top Democratic senators urged President Barack Obama on Friday to be ready to raise the debt ceiling without congressional approval in order to avert a damaging debt default.

Read more

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#25 Jan 12, 2013
Obama and Gore to get hitched on Al-Jeezeera.
Al Gore has a cool 500 million to throw around after selling out to the oil sheiks. Obie and Gore are thinking about getting some more Ambassadors killed and having a big party with Beyonce the next day. All on Al. Democrats. They make shit smell good next to them.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#26 Jan 12, 2013
Oh he's ready... Check-Mate; LOL!

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#27 Jan 12, 2013
Frank Lee Plain wrote:
Only Congress can spend money. Raising the debt ceiling does not authorize more spending; it authorizes borrrowing to pay for spending that your Republican Congress already voted for.
Democrat Congress 2006-2010 = most of the damage.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#28 Jan 12, 2013
Frank Lee Plain wrote:
Only Congress can spend money. Raising the debt ceiling does not authorize more spending; it authorizes borrrowing to pay for spending that your Republican Congress already voted for.
Carrying Obama's and the communist party's water just don't pay what it used to.

Media rattled by possible NYT layoffs...

TIME INC. Will Lay Off 700 After Decline...

Location hidden

#29 Jan 12, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Yes, Obama is ready for his moment; Heil Hitler.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#31 Jan 12, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
what a stupid schmuck

Location hidden

#32 Jan 12, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
what a stupid schmuck
Pattie, works in the West Wing and empties Obama's piss pot everymorning.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#33 Jan 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
Democrat Congress 2006-2010 = most of the damage.
George Bush = 2 wars, two recessions turn budget surplus into massive debt

Location hidden

#34 Jan 12, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Al Gore has a cool 500 million to throw around
500 million more than you will ever have, spoogebreath.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Yes, Obama is ready for his moment; Heil Hitler.
Godwin's Law, eh, Au Dumbo?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#36 Jan 12, 2013
The problem is not the debt ceiling, it is about an Imperial President. Why do you think we have 3 equal branches of government? It is so none of them go insane, and act alone. We are a Representative Republic. Congress is a big part, and dictators will be impeached.
equote

Llano, TX

#37 Jan 12, 2013
The Debt (US Constitution):
-
Article I Section. 8.
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;
-
Amendment 14 Section. 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Anyone have case citations?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38 Jan 12, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell is Porky and why the hell are you quoting Ninthman you liberal Cancer? Is porky one of those pigs in the pen that you roll around in liberal shit with? If not, maybe we can arrange that...you know pigs will eat anything...even bones.
Go find a liberal Cesspool to spam your mindless drivel on somewhere on some backdoor e-mail list underground with the rest of your liberal filth. You don't belong here, you're not wanted nor needed here, and TBH the admins here must not be paying much attention at all or they would've kicked your sorry liberal ass a long time ago.
You are nothing but a lying, coniving, evil manical piece of liberal Cancerous shit. Please go and do just one right thing in your life...just the first right thing you've ever done...DIE, so that we won;t have to waste a single bullet on you or any of our time disposing of you worthless shit bag of a carcass. You are not worth our time OR the bullet we'll be using on you if you don't fairly quickly. Just look at yourself in the mirror if you wanna speed that process along and build the balls to do it...look at what a digusting piece of lying, coniving, thieving, Cancerous shit you really are, and if you still don't have the guts to kill yourself as you should've done a long time ago? Then yeah, we'll send you back to hell eventually along with the rest who've already taken their place there.
God damn these bastards are so sickening! They are absolute filth...every fucking one of them! It's no wonder the entire world abhorrs them. Thank God that this former Country and it's people are smart enough to get rid of them, AND in Europe too! They were an abbortion that turned into an accidental birth, and than god we are fixing those mistakes!
I love it when you're deranged! When you're through with those paper dolls, you can gofuckyourself.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 12, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>But he's right...rrright...rright...I mean correct, Elmer.
Kwazy wabbit!

Location hidden

#40 Jan 12, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the lying Cancerous filth already forged that document and presented a nice clean brand new borth Certificate the the American people. Only problem with that was when you foge something, you can't properly age the paper as it would've over the years even in safe deposit box it WILL age. Half the people hell bent on Destroying this Country acted as if they believed it, and they very well may have been stupid enough to when you see what they've done already. The other 1/2 did not...you know, the half the Country now hunting those bastards with no bag limit? Yeah.
Christian Dior is showing the latest in straitjackets - at a looney bin near you!

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#41 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush = 2 wars, two recessions turn budget surplus into massive debt
Congress approved both wars, bonghead.

There WASN'T any budget surplus!

Mr. Clinton purposefully decreased funding on many social programs near the end of the budget cycle. Technically since that money was budgeted from the previous year it created what appeared to be a surplus for the next year. That facade lasted about two years.

As for the guy who claims that we paid down the national debt for two years.... didn't happen. The national debt has continued to rise, even during the last two years of Clinton's presidency when supposedly we had a budget surplus.

In example. Your family eats $200 worth of food per month. In January you budget $200, same in February.... you break even for two months. In March you budget $100 dollars giving a $100 surplus but you still spend $200 on food. Now you have a real deficit of $100 but a budget surplus of $100.

You leftis are so fkn gullible!! LMAO

And he DID have sex with that woman, too!

Location hidden

#42 Jan 12, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Seig HEIL MEIN FUHRER ODUMBA!!!!
Time for your "shower".

Location hidden

#43 Jan 12, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
what a stupid schmuck
Keep leaking from your autobiography, and it'll end up in the remainder bin.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#44 Jan 12, 2013
Sanity Now wrote:
Finally, the Left is admitting that the Constitution means nothing to them. Did Obama supporters know that the second term would be such a horrific nightmare for America? I sure hope not.
I guess you forgot your precious GOP eliminated all consideration of the constitution. Remember they appointed Scalia, Roberts, Alito and Thomas; people who openly admit they will never consider the constitution. Also remember the GOP passed the Pat Act to remove all freedoms for all citizens, and now you complain about the left?

What did the democrats do? They approved all those activist judges and extended the removal of our freedoms. I guess the democrats are right wingers also.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#45 Jan 12, 2013
The Roberts Court is the most Constitutionalist Court in 50 years. Liberals do not recognize the Constitution, because they know so little about it. All they know is gimmee, gimmee, gimmee, mine, mine, mine!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Shake Shack summit that saved the education... 3 hr Cat74 1
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) 6 hr CowboyLawyer 70,454
News Finally, Congress OKs Bill Reshaping Medicare D... 7 hr see the light 12
News Traceability needed in competition Fri lavon affair 1
News Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats... (Jul '12) Fri RayOne 2,348
News Senate Votes for $141 Billion in More Debt to C... Apr 16 see the light 1
News Over 50 and Looking for Love? New Dating Site f... (Dec '12) Apr 14 Roal 35
More from around the web