Hyper-partisan politics stymies Americans

Nov 4, 2012 Full story: USA Today 58

Fruit farmers near Traverse City, Mich., the Sends are waiting - like farmers across the country - on a new farm bill, a massive piece of legislation that in one section gives cash assistance for a cherry crop lost because of last spring's erratic weather.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#46 Nov 5, 2012
I meant Romney.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#47 Nov 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest problem is that Romneu would not be an upgrade.
Romney sure as hell couldn't be a downgrade compared to Obama,nothing could be.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48 Nov 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest problem is that Romneu would not be an upgrade.
My cat would be an upgrade to Obama.......my cat has only left the dead in her litter box (mouse), Obama left our dead in Benghazi.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49 Nov 5, 2012
"I'm a Republican, I've endorsed Mitt Romney and I support him. I intend to vote for him on Tuesday," Christie said. "But the fact of the matter is that if the President of the United States comes here and he is willing to help my people, and he does it, then I'm going to say nice things about him because he's earned it."

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#50 Nov 5, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Romney sure as hell couldn't be a downgrade compared to Obama,nothing could be.
His economic policies are straight out of Fantasyland. When all of his tax cut promises are added up and weighed against the tax loopholes he vows to close, the deficits will likely get even worse than Obama's. Add to that the trillions above and beyond the Pentagon's requests. Romney seems to be even more reckless than Dubya if that is possible and is making promises not unlike Obama made in 2008 which could be equally overoptimistic. If Willard gets elected, I hope he succeeds, but I really doubt it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#51 Nov 5, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>My cat would be an upgrade to Obama.......my cat has only left the dead in her litter box (mouse), Obama left our dead in Benghazi.
Personally, I wouldn't vote for either Obama or Romney. One is an admitted liberal while the other is a closet liberal.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#52 Nov 5, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
"I'm a Republican, I've endorsed Mitt Romney and I support him. I intend to vote for him on Tuesday," Christie said. "But the fact of the matter is that if the President of the United States comes here and he is willing to help my people, and he does it, then I'm going to say nice things about him because he's earned it."
Very good attitude. I respect it greatly.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#53 Nov 5, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I wouldn't vote for either Obama or Romney. One is an admitted liberal while the other is a closet liberal.
I won't vote for either as well. One is an admitted conservative, while the other is a closet conservative. Neither has a liberal bone in their entire body. They don't even make liberal promises, instead only making far right conservative promises. They both promise more war, a conservative principal. They both promise more help for corporations to take money away from the middle class, a conservative principal.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#54 Nov 5, 2012
if obama loses, will all the people that got free obama phones have to return them?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#55 Nov 5, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
if obama loses, will all the people that got free obama phones have to return them?
If Romney wins, will all the people who got jobs have to quit them?

Location hidden

#56 Nov 5, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
If Romney loses, will he pay taxes on all those monies he has hidden in offshore accounts?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#57 Nov 6, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you see the credit that has ran unchecked for so long.
They were "funded" when the times were good.
Promises were made when times were good.
Because people bought their securities and bonds that were good at the time they were offered.
I bet the politicians are still getting their pensions, no problem.
Exactly. The politicians love this stuff about unions in government jobs because those union contracts for big pensions because creating new taxes and raising current taxes makes sure that the politicians get their big pensions too. You are right that the big pension promises were made when times were good. Same thing with adding more and more welfare programs. It was the 80 million baby boomers working and being the first big generation to attend college so that they were making good money and paying a lot of taxes, so yes, back then the politicians could afford to come up with new welfare programs and they could make big pension promises to government workers. Now those baby boomers are old and retiring at the rate of 10,000 every day, and the younger generation is smaller and not as highly educated, so today you have these big welfare programs and big pension promises and the big entitlement promises based on a formula of 80 million educated workers paying for all of it, and the workers are not there to pay for it. It's an old model where the World War II generation was smaller than the baby boomers, so the baby boomers could carry the WWII folks' pensions and entitlements, and also, the WWII people got much smaller goverment pensions. Today we have entitlements set up for a model of 1950, but it's almost 2013, and that model is unsustainable given the new demographics. And, at the same time, the government pensions today are 3 times higher than what the WWII folks got. So it's a real mess.

Paris

#58 Nov 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
OH WOW………ANOTHER APPOLOGY TOUR……..Politico now is saying if Obama loses it’s because the youth vote was ignored………it wasn’t ignored, they woke up to the lies Obama had told them in 08. Libs are setting the stage for failure and riots……….If you go out tonight, go packing.

Paris

#59 Nov 6, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney wins, will all the people who got jobs have to quit them?
Only the Czars and the private army........

Paris

#60 Nov 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney loses, will he pay taxes on all those monies he has hidden in offshore accounts?
Tell you what maggot, list all the money he has hidden and be sure to mark which ones are hidden illegally..........hurry, you only have 6 hours.

Paris

#61 Nov 6, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>His economic policies are straight out of Fantasyland. When all of his tax cut promises are added up and weighed against the tax loopholes he vows to close, the deficits will likely get even worse than Obama's. Add to that the trillions above and beyond the Pentagon's requests. Romney seems to be even more reckless than Dubya if that is possible and is making promises not unlike Obama made in 2008 which could be equally overoptimistic. If Willard gets elected, I hope he succeeds, but I really doubt it.
Show us on a proforma how your theory makes your comment fact instead of fiction.........what, you don't know how to make excel work.......hahahahah neither does Geitner or Pelosi, or Obama. Obama has said after 9th grade algebra he is lost..........shows why his budgets all went bust.

Location hidden

#62 Nov 6, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
OH WOW………ANOTHER APPOLOGY TOUR……..Politico now is saying if Obama loses .
I guess we can just wait to see the excuses for how draft dodger lost it and how you could have been so wrong.

Maybe it was the Black Panthers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#63 Nov 6, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Show us on a proforma how your theory makes your comment fact instead of fiction.........what, you don't know how to make excel work.......hahahahah neither does Geitner or Pelosi, or Obama. Obama has said after 9th grade algebra he is lost..........shows why his budgets all went bust.
Speaking of fiction, anybody who reads your posts will get an overdose of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three U.S. House Republicans to seek Obamacare ... 13 hr Le Duped 10
Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Public Schools (May '14) 21 hr Pam 151
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 21 hr Le Jimbo 171
Congress clears way for second half of bailout (Jan '09) Fri swedenforever 3
State to Look Closer at Caffeine for Possible P... (Dec '07) Fri Eugene Dean 22
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away Fri mjjcpa 196
Sen. Lindsey Graham explores 2016 GOP president... Fri Le Duped 1
More from around the web