chantix - other one is soooo long

Posted in the Healthcare Law Forum

First Prev
of 71
Next Last
theycallmemom

Auburn, AL

#1 May 2, 2007
Hey my computer is a dinosaur, takes to long to load the other thread!!!

Hey jan, True Britt and Meemaw - I got a permanant ban from the other board for welcoming a new person who mentioned Chantix in her post. I never said the word, but got banned for "replying" When I asked Mod1 if he/she/ was kidding and the reply was "not kidding" At first I was mad, but figured Mod1 must be quitting smoking cold turkey - unable to get chantix and is having major withdrawls!! Well - it makes me feel better anyway lol

Smoke Free for 3 days now, and feeling ok - a bit anxious, but nothing real bad, worse time of the day for me seems to be between 3pm and 7pm, so I started going to the gym with my daughter around 5pm, has really helped.

So glad I didnt give up looking for a good message board! Dont think I could have done it without the support you all have given.

NICE TO MEET EVERYONE!!!!!!
Jean

AOL

#2 May 2, 2007
I figured I would start replys on this new thread.
Today is my 50th smoke free day.
I cannot believe it.
I have some times when I would have liked to have a cigarette but stayed strong and the urge passed.
I have gained 5 lbs but I lelevled off last week and this week I have lost 2 lbs.
I only take one pill a day. I felt too sleepy on two pills. I have not noticed any differnce.
I still get slight nauseous when I take the pill but that is a small proce to pay. Without Chantix I would never have made it.
I did try the patches but now that I have read information on other sites I realize since I never cleansed my body of nicotine I was still addicted so that is why i started smoing again after I went off the patch.
Everyone remember just do one day at a time and be proud of that accomplistment.
each day gets easier which I thought would nver happen.

“Excited to be a Non Smoker”

Since: May 07

Opelika Alabama

#3 May 2, 2007
Jean what do you mean by "cleanse your body of the nicotime"? Like by drinking lots of water? I notice a slight nicotine smell coming off my skin - sounds weird I know! I was a chain smoker, for the past 3-4 years, am 44 now and started smoking at age 16. Had a heart attack and bypass surgery at age 27!! No thats not a typo - I was 27. Just had a cardiac cath last month and everything great - so the urge t quit came again! maybe its not to late for me after all!
Anyway - wonder why I have that slight nicotine smell on my skin - especially notice in the morning and after a workout

“Quit date: 5/5/07”

Springfield, MO

#4 May 11, 2007
Hey....yet another thread! Wooowweee!

Glad ya quit smoking theycallmemmom! If someone else smells your skin, do they smell nicotine?
theycallmemom

Montgomery, AL

#5 May 11, 2007
not that anyone has said Cindy, I think it has gotten a bit better, I can smell smoke a mile away now...worried aobut next week, will be done with my first month of chantix, and dont think I can get another months worth, will ask my son if he can help out, he bought the first month, I hate to ask cause its so expensive....wondering if I can go it alone now - but I doubt it

Sacramento, CA

#6 May 12, 2007
Hey Guys, We have 3 threads going!!!! Trish started on also. What should we do, what should we do????
Vickie in NC

Mifflinburg, PA

#7 May 12, 2007
Hello all, I have a question. Did anyone feel really edgy and shaky on Chatix? By the way, my quit date is Monday but I got up today feeling like I could blow up at any moment.

Sacramento, CA

#8 May 12, 2007
Vickie wrote:
Hello all, I have a question. Did anyone feel really edgy and shaky on Chatix? By the way, my quit date is Monday but I got up today feeling like I could blow up at any moment.
Hi Vickie, How long have you been on Chantix? If you are doing it "by the book", this should be @ day 6. The edginess seemed to happen to all of us. We all believe it is the nicotine leaving your system. Chantix blocks the nicotine receptors in your body, so you will feel edgy when the Chantix is doing it's job. It will get better soon......Good luck Monday!!! Keep coming back as often as necessary!!

“Quit Date May 8, 2007 ”

Since: Apr 07

Off Chantix June 12

#9 May 12, 2007
viki wrote:
Hey Guys, We have 3 threads going!!!! Trish started on also. What should we do, what should we do????
Theycallmemom started this thread way back on May 5. Don't you think it would be nice if we honored her wishes since she started a new one first?

“Quit Date May 8, 2007 ”

Since: Apr 07

Off Chantix June 12

#10 May 12, 2007
Linda Clio MI wrote:

Chow Girl,
Good going!! I told you everyone is different. My friends I told you about are still smoking. They can't seems to set a quit date. How is your daughter doing with her quit? I know it is hard, I still struggle almost every day(just for a short time) and then I forget about it. Keep on Keepin on!! One day at a time.

Linda, tell your friends about me if you haven't already. I made 3 attempts before I fnally made it. I was totally consumed with physical cravings the first two times, but the 3rd time it has actually been easy. I am on day 5 smoke free, today. I have thoughts of smoking but no serious cravings. I grab a piece of sugarless candy or gum when the thoughts start to get serious. I hope they keep trying until they can do it, too.

Sacramento, CA

#11 May 12, 2007
Chow Gal wrote:
<quoted text>Theycallmemom started this thread way back on May 5. Don't you think it would be nice if we honored her wishes since she started a new one first?
Sounds good to me!!! Actually maybe three threads are fine!!!! I think I was feeling a little overwhelmed!!!

United States

#13 May 12, 2007
Vickie wrote:
Hang in there, my hubby and I went through that too, it does go away!

United States

#14 May 12, 2007
Hi ALL!

Cindy - Free and Healing for Seven Days, 9 Hours and 22 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 21 Hours, by avoiding the use of 259 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $45.28.

Funky way to put that but I am sure you all get the message!

Wow, 7 days! NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could do this.....
Jersey Girl

Philadelphia, PA

#15 May 12, 2007
ok, found you all. I'm here.

Well the Memorial service was for Judy today and I was one of the ppl who had to say something. It was quite moving and difficult. On top of everything, I forgot to take my pill this am but......I didn't realize it till about 2 pm. I did not really have any stronger than normal urges, and I actually may have recruited a couple more smokers (you know I was sitting outside w/ them to enjoy the smell):o

It is oficially 2 weeks for me and I have had so many things going on this week that if I got through it, i think I have it made. I only took 1/2 pill today.

Oh, then I go in my local Wawa and on their cigarette display, they had the 3 brands I would smoke.......tons and tons of buy 1 get 1 free!!!! I did have a fleeting thought, i am a human ex-smoker,(lol) but I didn't do it.

Congrats Cindy on day 7.....Isn't it the best to say you have a week! Thanks also for asking for me on the other "new" board. I checked in there first.

xoxo everyone!!!

United States

#16 May 12, 2007
2 weeks!!! You go girl!

WAWA, wow, I havent seen one of those in eons!
Jersey Girl

Philadelphia, PA

#17 May 12, 2007
Thanks Cindy, I am exhausted. No smoking though for me today so that makes it a good day.

We have plenty of wawa's and dunkin donuts. Two of the most popular places around for coffee. How bout where your from?

Sacramento, CA

#18 May 12, 2007
Jersey Girl wrote:
ok, found you all. I'm here.
Well the Memorial service was for Judy today and I was one of the ppl who had to say something. It was quite moving and difficult. On top of everything, I forgot to take my pill this am but......I didn't realize it till about 2 pm. I did not really have any stronger than normal urges, and I actually may have recruited a couple more smokers (you know I was sitting outside w/ them to enjoy the smell):o
It is oficially 2 weeks for me and I have had so many things going on this week that if I got through it, i think I have it made. I only took 1/2 pill today.
Oh, then I go in my local Wawa and on their cigarette display, they had the 3 brands I would smoke.......tons and tons of buy 1 get 1 free!!!! I did have a fleeting thought, i am a human ex-smoker,(lol) but I didn't do it.
Congrats Cindy on day 7.....Isn't it the best to say you have a week! Thanks also for asking for me on the other "new" board. I checked in there first.
xoxo everyone!!!
Jersey,

So glad to hear that the service went well. I can imagine how moving it must have been. It is always so sad when a person leaves us before their time.
Way to go on recruiting new people, doesn't it feel good to give them the gift of better health? I hope they follow your lead!!

TWO WEEKS IS SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT!!

Sacramento, CA

#19 May 12, 2007
Darin and Cindy wrote:
Hi ALL!
Cindy - Free and Healing for Seven Days, 9 Hours and 22 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 21 Hours, by avoiding the use of 259 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $45.28.
Wow, 7 days! NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could do this.....
Cindy,

It makes me so happy to hear how excited about your quit. YOU SHOULD BE!!! A week is a huge milestone!!

“Quit Date: Aug. 14, 2006”

Southaven, Mississippi

#20 May 12, 2007
theycallmemom wrote:
not that anyone has said Cindy, I think it has gotten a bit better, I can smell smoke a mile away now...worried aobut next week, will be done with my first month of chantix, and dont think I can get another months worth, will ask my son if he can help out, he bought the first month, I hate to ask cause its so expensive....wondering if I can go it alone now - but I doubt it
Hey Mom,
Ask your doctor's office if they have got any physician's samples. I got my first month that way. My doctor just gave me the first month free. I had to buy the other two months. My insurance did not cover it. It won't hurt to try!!!!! I'll look around the Internet and see what I can come up with. Maybe you could contact Pfizer and they could send you some coupons so that it doesn't cost you as much.

Good Luck to you!!!

Memaw

“Quit Date: Aug. 14, 2006”

Southaven, Mississippi

#21 May 12, 2007
Vickie wrote:
Hi Vickie,
I'm a Vicki too!! But most people call me Memaw!!

You are already having nicotine withdrawls. How much are you smoking? The Chantix is blocking the nicotine receptors so that your body doesn't know it is still getting the nicotine. And it is tell you it doesn't like that fact!! Don't worry though. It won't last very long. After I quit completely, it seemed to get better for me. After day 1 everything else was easier.
Here is a list of the nicotine withdrawls and the Chantix side effects. Notice some are the same. So if you are feeling any of these symptoms, it is completely normal.

Nicotine withdrawal symptoms:
irritability, mood swings, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue
inability to concentrate, sore throat, cough, congestion, headache,
increased appetite constipation, gas, stomach pain, dry mouth
sore tongue/gums , postnasal drip, tightness in the chest.

Chantix side effects:
headache, sleep problems, insomnia, unusual dreams, nausea, stomach pain, indigestion, vomiting, constipation, gas, weakness, tired feeling, increased appitite, unpleasant taste in your mouth.

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 71
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News 10 Mins Ago Burr-Hamilton? Angry lawmaker ... 10 hr Observations 1
News Trump tweets frustration with Republicans 10 hr bottlecap 2
News If there's a war between California and Kentuck... 11 hr Calhoun-Cadiz 139
News Angry lawmaker singles out 'female senators'... 11 hr Putins Glock Holster 1
News Many of key players on Trump health care reform... Sun Hoosier Daddy 1
News Who Would Enjoy Tax Breaks Under The GOP Health... Jul 22 Retribution 92
News $45 Billion to Fight Opioid Abuse? That's Much ... Jul 22 tomin cali 23
More from around the web