Health law birth control coverage before justices

Mar 23, 2014 Full story: Newsday 23

The Obama administration and its opponents are renewing the Supreme Court battle over President Barack Obama's health care law in a case that pits the religious rights of employers against the rights of women to the birth control of their choice.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Mar 23, 2014
nobody wants to deny women their contraceptives...
we just don't want to pay for them...
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#2 Mar 24, 2014
carey529 wrote:
But you don't mind paying for the ED pills.? What about the poor who can't afford the cost? If they get pregnant and have an abortion you complain about "baby" killers-yet you want to do nothing to prevent the pregnancy? If they give birth and have to go on public assistance you complain - paying for contraceptives prevents a lot of issues down the road.
morons

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 24, 2014
Natural birth control costs the taxpayers NOTHING !!!!
Just CLOSE YOUR FREAKING LEGS for chrissakes.
Mister Zappo

Miami, FL

#4 Mar 24, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't mind paying for the ED pills.? What about the poor who can't afford the cost? If they get pregnant and have an abortion you complain about "baby" killers-yet you want to do nothing to prevent the pregnancy? If they give birth and have to go on public assistance you complain - paying for contraceptives prevents a lot of issues down the road.
LOL, Carey529 isn't much with mathematics. 75 cents for a condom versus tens of thousands for welfare, free school lunches, juvie courts, medicaid, etc. Gee, lemme sleep on this one.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#5 Mar 24, 2014
Bible-thumpin' con, Mike Huckabee, signed state legislation in 2005 that required all health insurance plans providing prescription drug coverage to cover contraceptive drugs and devices as well. According to the Arkansas Times, Huckabee's exemption for religious organizations was actually narrower than the exemption in the Affordable Care Act.

"But like the original federal regulation proposed by Obama, the Arkansas law did not exempt church-affiliated hospitals and universities. It exempts only "religious employers" that are nonprofit organizations whose primary mission is "the inculcation of religious values," and primarily employ people who share the same religion, a standard few Catholic hospitals meet."

LMAO at this women's libido boy, who so quickly threw his own past under the bus for another edition of desperate con suck-up.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
foster

Ashburn, VA

#6 Mar 24, 2014
morons wrote:
But the covered ED prescriptions are ok in your thinking?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Mar 24, 2014
carey529 wrote:
And quite possibly, some women may not want to pay to keep your prostate gland healthy or treat it when problems develop, which happens as most men age.

We can't be so self-centered to believe it possible to design a healthcare program that would provide benefits only for those problems that individual participants have. That's not how the traditional heath insurance industry works either.

Enough "me, me, me" think "we."
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#9 Mar 24, 2014
morons wrote:
That means the guys will be hearing a whole lot of no no no no--they can't handle that especially after they have taken their ed meds...just pay for the damn birth control & shut up..
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#10 Mar 24, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
And quite possibly, some women may not want to pay to keep your prostate gland healthy or treat it when problems develop, which happens as most men age.
We can't be so self-centered to believe it possible to design a healthcare program that would provide benefits only for those problems that individual participants have. That's not how the traditional heath insurance industry works either.
Exactly!! Well said thank you. It is unbelievable how divided we have become..divide and conquer...it's getting to be ridiculous!
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#11 Mar 24, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Yet Another Glitch in GlitchyCare?
What a surprise. I'm shocked I tell you...SHOCKED.
The "glitch" is being caused by religious nut jobs-who want things their way and their way only....not obamacare.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#14 Mar 24, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is possible. That's why so many folks lost their health insurance after Obamacare became law. People had insurance plans that covered what they wanted covered and nothing more. The federal government said these were inadequate, so they lost their plans, even though Obama promised multiple times that they would be able to keep their plans.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Mar 24, 2014
OISAW wrote:
<quoted text>Pay for the birth controil at 0 cost to the girls who will scream and yell if they have to pay a $1.00 of their own. But make WOMEN with breast cancer, heart conditions, etc. pay thru the nose. Great idea!!!!!!
You're making an emotional appeal based on a false premise.

Even worse, you insult women by suggesting they would "scream and yell" if they had to pay a dollar out of pocket for birth control before you proceed to cry crocodile tears about them being forced to "pay thru the nose" for treatment for breast cancer and heart conditions, of which I can only assume you approve more than birth control.

If you're genuinely concerned about women's healthcare needs, listen to what women have to say, not carry on like they don't know their own healthcare needs. And mostly, don't try to pass false premises as fact just because you have nothing factual to argue your biases.
Jorja Fox

Cullen, VA

#16 Mar 25, 2014
OISAW wrote:
<quoted text>Obamacare website is the gold standard? I hope your company's computer works as well and the have to get rid of the deadwood like you.
You're a bit confused--the website isn't what we are discussing here. Computer is fine and I'm my own boss...what is your point?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 25, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Yet Another Glitch in GlitchyCare?
What a surprise. I'm shocked I tell you...SHOCKED.
You should have been shocked long ago - with about 30,000 volts.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Mar 25, 2014
most of the libs in topix are the poster boys for birth control.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 25, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
We finally get some credit. Thanks!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 25, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Glad were not 'altar boys' lol!

Location hidden

#22 Mar 25, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Democrats did a sloppy job of putting the Un-Affordable Careless Act together, then screwing it up, and now they wish to push sloppy seconds on the rest of us.
It's as if they are giving us a Clinton cigar when they are exempt from them.
Democrats need to be punished severely for their crippling stupidity and arrogance.
Why do you keep coveting Clinton's "cigar"? You have so many to choose from back at the Y.
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#23 Mar 26, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Democrats did a sloppy job of putting the Un-Affordable Careless Act together, then screwing it up, and now they wish to push sloppy seconds on the rest of us.
It's as if they are giving us a Clinton cigar when they are exempt from them.
Democrats need to be punished severely for their crippling stupidity and arrogance.
Your fetish with cigars is starting to look silly.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Mar 31, 2014
OISAW wrote:
<quoted text>I am a woman who has health concerns not based on birth control and I am trying to figure out how to pay for my meds, because only birth control gets the mandated zero co-pay- try well over $100.00 a month. But Obama brought the women in their 20's and 30's for free birth control. I have also had family members die of heart attacks and breast cancer. So I know the facts do you?
Like most people, I don't know every detail about the ACA law. However, it goes a long way toward making more benefits available to more people at a lower cost by including provisions to reign in the powers of our healthcare industry's major players. It is far from ideal because it retained the unnecessary and costly insurance industry middlemen. We need next to adopt a socialized medicine, single-payer, universal healthcare system.

I don't believe that President Obama bought women in their 20's and 30's with free birth control (I think that's what you meant to say, but if not let me know).

Is your health insurance the same as it was before ACA? Is it better or worse regarding coverage and also cost?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former worker accused of beating disabled resid... 3 hr guest 18
News Pelosi irks some allies with bipartisan bill 8 hr Slamabambam 2
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) 10 hr medview 70,394
News Former nonprofit CEO pleads guilty to diverting... 19 hr Frances 1
News Senate OKs Republican balanced-budget plan, fol... Sat goonsquad 3
News Republican bill would create organic-style cert... Mar 27 questioner 13
News How Ted Cruz wound up on Obamacare Mar 27 CZars_R_US 100
More from around the web