Single parents struggle to get past d...

Single parents struggle to get past due child support

There are 86 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 9, 2009, titled Single parents struggle to get past due child support. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

While many Florida families struggle to pay bills, the state is sitting on $28 million in child-support payments -- largely because it says it can't find the parents owed the money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Justice Advocate

Miami, FL

#84 Feb 25, 2011
Is this a joke? The judicial system is not based on "cover-ups" to fraudulent schemes that promise the outcome of a case in favor of the scheming. Our legal system is an adversarial system, yes, but one that decides cases based on the merits, in good faith, with the ultimate goal of seeking truth and resolving conflict. This should be done with the best interest of the child in mind, not as an elaborate political game. We are guaranteed a fair trial and due process in our courts. Anything in violation of this should be abolished entirely. I hope this is a joke. Love always, Justice Advocate.
Don Pickett wrote:
We at the law firm of Pickett,Marshall,and Rozenson want everyone to know that Don Pickett runs the lucrative child support business around here.We are the vendors (lawyers)for the State of Florida Dept.of Revenue.Our business includes collecting child support for people that do not have custody of the child.We can bill the taxpayers for this also.To cover it up we have judges in the 15th judicial circuit write our orders for us,Because we had the magistrates appointed by the chief judge Kathleen Kroll.So when you go into a child support hearing in Palm Beach County you will that the magistrate Peter Bassaline,Joy Shearer was appointed by the opposing law firm of Pickett,Marshall,Rozenson to rule in their favor.I have best set-up in the child support business.I have it so I just can't lose.I know people try to collect child support by fraud so I use all my judicial connections to cover it up.Chief Judge Kathleen Kroll has been my greatest helper.She appoints my magistrates for me.She's just so good to me.Not to mention my other frinds in the Attorney Generals Office where my magistrates come from.He's been so good to me too.Then there is House representative Mary Brandenburg she's my bud too.I represented her in the famous West Palm Case PAY TO PLAY with mayor Lois Frankel.That was a set up too.We where all on the same team.I'm surprised that no one was smart enough to catch on.Well I have to go and have lunch with the Federal Judge Daniel T.K Hurley.You know the Irish guy that got me set-up in this lucrative child support business so many years ago.I can't thank him enough.Love Always Donald Andrew Pickett
Brian

United States

#85 Apr 6, 2011
Lucky wrote:
I got out of child support when my ex got her new husband to adopt my girls, six months later she dumped him and the poor sucker paid support for 15 years
wow and u post that like it's something to be proud of lol don't u feel like a dead beat knowing that some other man had taken care of YOUR kids for15 years and not you or your ex wife sounds like trash to me god I hope your kids grew up with morals and the capacity to know how to not use people hopefully they were with either one of youse congratulations on being a scum bag sperm donor
jill wardle

West Palm Beach, FL

#86 Feb 9, 2013
i totally agree with the scam of pickett marshall and rozenson and how the firm refuses to disburse past due collected child support this firm acts like it is looking out for the petitioner then viscerates the petitioner in hearings please keep in mind this firm does not represent you it represents the dept of revenue i have been waiting four years for a large sum of back support paid in and i believe this firm and the dept of revenue have quite the scam going anyone wanting to get in touch with me please feel free to email me popoochas@att.net
jill wardle

West Palm Beach, FL

#87 Aug 25, 2013
Don Pickett wrote:
We at the law firm of Pickett,Marshall,and Rozenson want everyone to know that Don Pickett runs the lucrative child support business around here.We are the vendors (lawyers)for the State of Florida Dept.of Revenue.Our business includes collecting child support for people that do not have custody of the child.We can bill the taxpayers for this also.To cover it up we have judges in the 15th judicial circuit write our orders for us,Because we had the magistrates appointed by the chief judge Kathleen Kroll.So when you go into a child support hearing in Palm Beach County you will that the magistrate Peter Bassaline,Joy Shearer was appointed by the opposing law firm of Pickett,Marshall,Rozenson to rule in their favor.I have best set-up in the child support business.I have it so I just can't lose.I know people try to collect child support by fraud so I use all my judicial connections to cover it up.Chief Judge Kathleen Kroll has been my greatest helper.She appoints my magistrates for me.She's just so good to me.Not to mention my other frinds in the Attorney Generals Office where my magistrates come from.He's been so good to me too.Then there is House representative Mary Brandenburg she's my bud too.I represented her in the famous West Palm Case PAY TO PLAY with mayor Lois Frankel.That was a set up too.We where all on the same team.I'm surprised that no one was smart enough to catch on.Well I have to go and have lunch with the Federal Judge Daniel T.K Hurley.You know the Irish guy that got me set-up in this lucrative child support business so many years ago.I can't thank him enough.Love Always Donald Andrew Pickett
wow so thats why the clerk of the court, department of revenue and don pickett are withholding 30,0000 from my son and i our battle to get our money will never end the fact that you think you can decide who you think deserves the back support and who doesnt is the real kicker
news channel 5

Stuart, FL

#88 Apr 8, 2014
im currently getting all info against the DOR to be aired on the news .pickett needs to be exposed , im all for supporting my children and have for many years and still do , DOR is pushing me to continue to pay for children that are in their mid to late twenties, ex wife didn't initiate process but doesn't mind collecting money , they have cost me thousands to prove I payed all of my court ordered support(actually paid thousands more than required by court), I have a signed order by a judge to vacate child support order ,P{ickett now wants to have the case reheard by the court, wasting taxpayers money, why don't they get the real dead beat dads and leave the ones who pay alone . suspension of drivers licence and passport are violations of civil rights , STEALING MONEY IS A CRIME MR PICKETT
Jill Wardle

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#90 Nov 4, 2015
Just had a deposition for the back support, don pickett and company are well aware of Clerk.of courts was also subpoenaed Mind you these subpoenas were ordered by a judge Don and the clerk entrusted with our public funds didn't show up Amongst others. Iwonder how many of us would get away with not showing up after being subpoenaed This month we get to do it all again and maybe PBSO will actually do their jobs and stick the thieves that don't show up in jail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone heard of Pfizer's Chantix (Dec '06) 17 hr CowboyLawyer 70,595
News Winnebago Mental Health Institute plagued by ne... (Sep '07) Sun Rockinreg 60
chantix - problems after quitting or weaning (Jun '07) Jan 12 nancy 6,520
News Congress deals 2 blows to 'Obamacare' Jan 12 Guest 399
News Bredesen joins race to succeed Sen. Corker in T... Jan 11 gotta love it 2
News No tax cuts for Christmas? Trump might delay bi... Jan 5 Red Crosse 4
News America's forgotten towns: Can they be saved or... Jan 5 Small World 2
More from around the web