Single parents struggle to get past due child support

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

While many Florida families struggle to pay bills, the state is sitting on $28 million in child-support payments -- largely because it says it can't find the parents owed the money.
Comments
61 - 80 of 85 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2014
DARKSIDE

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Hillary wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe that. The way the blacks carry on, sleeping with everyone in sight, who knows who the fathers could be
Paternity testing would clear that up.You do agree that a man SHOULD NOT have to pay for a child that is not his creation...right? I might add that there are waaaaaay more single White moms than there are single Black moms.It may be true that 70% of all Black children are born out of wedlock.It then is also equally true that 30% AND GROWING of all White babies are born out of wedlock.That's 30% of a much larger population of Whites.Then you factor in that Whites DIVORCE like it's a sport..and you get an EVEN LARGER NUMBER of single White moms.MOthers who are'nt likely to let the father be involved in the kids' life.Even if he is making his payments.And to think I used to sleep with White girls because I thought they were smarter about birth control.Guess not.
Hillary

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Judged:

DARKSIDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Paternity testing would clear that up.You do agree that a man SHOULD NOT have to pay for a child that is not his creation...right? I might add that there are waaaaaay more single White moms than there are single Black moms.It may be true that 70% of all Black children are born out of wedlock.It then is also equally true that 30% AND GROWING of all White babies are born out of wedlock.That's 30% of a much larger population of Whites.Then you factor in that Whites DIVORCE like it's a sport..and you get an EVEN LARGER NUMBER of single White moms.MOthers who are'nt likely to let the father be involved in the kids' life.Even if he is making his payments.And to think I used to sleep with White girls because I thought they were smarter about birth control.Guess not.
No, it is the blacks that breed out of control
DARKSIDE

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Hillary wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So why is it that Blacks only make up 12% of the TOTAL US POPULATION? Apparently bad schools are'nt just a "inner city" phenomenon.Get a clue.
Billy Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

realist wrote:
I'm glad I never rushed into marriage. The commitment seems hard and unrealistic for many people. It's kind of like trying to finish the Leadville 100 miles run under 21 hours or trying to go undefeated in the SEC. Most people aren't able to make it despite strong confidence and performacne at the start of the journey. At some point, they fade.
You know you are (unfortunately) right.

Since: Apr 07

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Hillary wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU
John Gotty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

baby daddy drama wrote:
<quoted text>We still can change it to direct deposit so it will be deposited into our own acct.Do you know mother's pay for water,electric,rent/mortgage,s hoes,socks,underwear/diapers, wipes,clothes,food,school clothes,school supplies,field trips,dr appts, ETC... Stop whining & take care of your child!!!! Regardless how he/she is paying for things... If you don't want your kid/kids then sign over your right's u FUCKN LOSER!!! Your kids are still living with that parent....
Since you must go there.I want you to know that I have sole custody of my son and the mother was ordered to pay me support. I told them I didn't need anything from her.
Lisa Boggess

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

Stephen Mossey wrote:
Yeah where is my child support.It should going tome the child, not the non-custodial parent.Wait a second,If I'm the child and my mother is collecting it,and she does not have custody, then that is called an ORGANIZED SCHEME TO DEFRAUD.
Stephen, I miss you. I'm sorry you went through this in your life. Your mom was brainwashed but that is no excuse for what she did. Aunt Lisa
Nikki

Middleburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

I too am one of those parents that has been given the run around by DOR. I have even sent letters with no response to the county that is now handlimg my case; which by the way was transfered to my home county but is not my home county. I have almost given up on ever collecting any of the $20,000 + i am owed. My child will be 18 next year and he would really like to have a few words with his father. I use the internet frequently for searching for"Public information". This is free information that is available to any and everyone. I have called DOR and even given the website that i use to get "Public Information". If i can find the information then they can too. I feel as though they (DOR) owe my some sort of compensation for doing thier NCP location work for them. Some how my sons' father has seemed to have fell of the face of the earth; "we have not been able to locate him" is what i have been told for over a year now. He and his new wife were able to apply for a loan of $145,600.00 for a new home 4 years ago but i was always told by DOR that deliquent child support is reported to all credit agencies. How can this ever be corrected, what kind of apology could ever be given to me or better yet what kind of excuse can be given to my son! Someone needs to be held accountable for the DOR and it's slacking.
Public information sites
www.publicrecordcenter.com/floridapublicrecor... Public records. Change the state name for searches in any state that you want.
www.dc.fl.us ,- Florida Department of Corrections
www.6.hsvm.state.fl.us - Florida drivers license
--- all "Public information".
Nikki

Middleburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

Broward Family Court wrote:
The biggest joke the judges cant even make decisions they send you to their special master friends very economical takes 3 years to get a hearing, judges support the lawyers dragging it on and on. Is there one good lawyer out there who knows how to get a hearing not just a motion calendar?
I tried for years to get my case transfered and finally after i drove all the way down there (Broward County) and told them that i drove all the way there and he didn't even show; then they decide to do me a favor and "transfer the case to moms home county" they went too far north on that transfer and now i begin the transfer process again but whats the use he (NCP) fell of the face of the earth.
The Real Stephen Mossey

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Stephen Mossey wrote:
Yeah where is my child support.It should going tome the child, not the non-custodial parent.Wait a second,If I'm the child and my mother is collecting it,and she does not have custody, then that is called an ORGANIZED SCHEME TO DEFRAUD.
You know, I really don't appreciate my father impersonating me. Especially when he kicked me out of my house on my 18th birthday, put me through hell while I lived with him, and broke ingto my grandparents home to beat me.
Stop impersonating me,'dad' or I'll take legal action...again.
The Real Stephen Mossey

Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Lisa Boggess wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen, I miss you. I'm sorry you went through this in your life. Your mom was brainwashed but that is no excuse for what she did. Aunt Lisa
So now you're impersonating my aunt too? Do you ever stop? Its been a year since you kicked me out and you're still harping on this. Let bygones be bygones for goodness sake.
Your brother

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Where are you, I'll pick you up. If you really are who you say you are, you can google me and find me.
Monica Mossey wrote:
I'm at motel somewhere in Palm Beach County,Still living out P.O.Boxes with my girlfriends who like to rob the police.While we have Palm Beach County Judges cover it up for us.
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

my son has to pay for 3 kids but 2 are not his how can we force them to do dna on them. they said he is still married to her there his but she left him ,tell me thats not wrong.
ricky sebring

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

child support enforcement is just a way to screw the non custodial parent i dont have a job yet but i am fixing to start they want me to pay 7,020 backpay or i am goin to court the state of florida is screwed up and i believe the child support enforcement is really messed up.
Colin CASE FIXER

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Courtwatch wrote:
Just check the child support ledger in Palm Beach County for what Jay Gordon and Lewis Kasman owe. Horrible that they fail to support their family. They should go to jail. They are a disgrace. No wonder their children despise them. They should be taken to court and made to pay. That would be justice.
How much is Henry Handler paying you off to throw cases for him?
Scott

Waynesville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

As a resident of Missouri I can not get Polk county Florida to collect on some $20,000 in back support.They are too busy to respond to my state.I would be ashamed if my state turned its back on deadbeat parents.Polk county child support enforcement should be ashamed of the way it is ran.Might want to replace some of these case workers who are to important to deal with support orders.
Scott

Waynesville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

You can easily scam Polk county child support ..They got scammed using an agreement between my ex and me that was a voided contract,that was even stated in the contract that if she did not follow contract it would be void.My ex and here Lakeland lawyer took it before Polk county child support and a judge,knowing this contract was void.Without investigating the contract Polk county child support presented it to the judge,the judge not knowing got played along with Polk county child support division,and set up a new payment schedule.Quess was if she didnt pay the first $20,000 what make you think she will pay with a new payment schedule?Over a year later quess what shes not paying.This case worker for Polk county Florida child support division should be fired on the spot for passing fraudulant papers to a judge.Being her boss I would not want this on my resume,because I will fight this to the end,you were wrong and you are to lazey or stupid to correct your mistake.I dont understand so please tell me which one you are
BIG DADDY

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

The Real Stephen Mossey wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I really don't appreciate my father impersonating me. Especially when he kicked me out of my house on my 18th birthday, put me through hell while I lived with him, and broke ingto my grandparents home to beat me.
Stop impersonating me,'dad' or I'll take legal action...again.
The only thing that you'll be doing is some good jail time for what you did and the lies that you told.Your threats are weak,just like your lies.Bring it on.The real story and the truth need to come out now anyway.The sooner the better my little corrupted one.
BIG DADDY

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

The truth will all come out in the end. You can take that to the bank and cash it.The real story hasn't come out yet,but it will,all of it.
BIG DADDY

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

By the way my little legal evil knievel,all jumpy and a big mouth.Talk is cheap.Action speaks louder than words.That's why you lie so much.You were taught by the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••