Single parents struggle to get past d...

Single parents struggle to get past due child support

There are 86 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 9, 2009, titled Single parents struggle to get past due child support. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

While many Florida families struggle to pay bills, the state is sitting on $28 million in child-support payments -- largely because it says it can't find the parents owed the money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
realist

Tallahassee, FL

#1 May 9, 2009
I'm glad I never rushed into marriage. The commitment seems hard and unrealistic for many people. It's kind of like trying to finish the Leadville 100 miles run under 21 hours or trying to go undefeated in the SEC. Most people aren't able to make it despite strong confidence and performacne at the start of the journey. At some point, they fade.
Bull

Albany, NY

#2 May 9, 2009
Listen the system is so messed up. I was laid off not long ago and I am behind on my support but only because the government screwed up this country. My son is with me 4 days and nights a week with me but I am suppose to pay $135 a week they want to suspend my drivers licence. Were is the justice. All I can say is that I hope every judge that favors the mother (JUST BECAUSE SHE GAVE BIRTH INSTEAD OF WHO IS THE BETTER PARENT..) I hope the same thing happens to them and she takes everything you have you dumb a$$ judges...
Broward Family Court

Lake City, FL

#3 May 9, 2009
The biggest joke the judges cant even make decisions they send you to their special master friends very economical takes 3 years to get a hearing, judges support the lawyers dragging it on and on. Is there one good lawyer out there who knows how to get a hearing not just a motion calendar?
From Broward to Duval

United States

#4 May 9, 2009
It's sad, that Fla. knows their system is messed up and do nothing about it.They get interest off uncollected money and not trying to find the custodial parent, all they have to do, is research the SS# or credit bureaus. I just check to see if I have uncollected money and the system is not working. I knew of an attorney John Lonergan, I think he is in Naples or Fort Myers. Best attorney ever, he once worked as attorney for child support. When he filed a motion we got a date swiftly. He sued child support for my legal fees and won, when they refused to send me my money. I got the fees paid, my money and interest.
big daddy LEO

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 May 9, 2009
Sometimes its cheaper to keep her!!!!!
Courtwatch

Delray Beach, FL

#6 May 9, 2009
Just check the child support ledger in Palm Beach County for what Jay Gordon and Lewis Kasman owe. Horrible that they fail to support their family. They should go to jail. They are a disgrace. No wonder their children despise them. They should be taken to court and made to pay. That would be justice.
MONICA MOSSEY

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 May 10, 2009
Palm Beach County Child Support Fraud/ Monica Mossey tries and collects child support for a child that she does not have custody of.Palm Beach Case no. nine two seven six six four FY. Ann Coffin knows exactly what is going on in this case.I am the custodial parent.NOT THE OTHER PARENT WHO IS COLLECTING IT.Ms. Ann Coffin knows that MONICA MOSSEY is fraudulently trying to collect child support for a child that she does not have custody off due to Abandonment,Abuse,Neglect.
Don Pickett

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 May 10, 2009
We at the law firm of Pickett,Marshall,and Rozenson want everyone to know that Don Pickett runs the lucrative child support business around here.We are the vendors (lawyers)for the State of Florida Dept.of Revenue.Our business includes collecting child support for people that do not have custody of the child.We can bill the taxpayers for this also.To cover it up we have judges in the 15th judicial circuit write our orders for us,Because we had the magistrates appointed by the chief judge Kathleen Kroll.So when you go into a child support hearing in Palm Beach County you will that the magistrate Peter Bassaline,Joy Shearer was appointed by the opposing law firm of Pickett,Marshall,Rozenson to rule in their favor.I have best set-up in the child support business.I have it so I just can't lose.I know people try to collect child support by fraud so I use all my judicial connections to cover it up.Chief Judge Kathleen Kroll has been my greatest helper.She appoints my magistrates for me.She's just so good to me.Not to mention my other frinds in the Attorney Generals Office where my magistrates come from.He's been so good to me too.Then there is House representative Mary Brandenburg she's my bud too.I represented her in the famous West Palm Case PAY TO PLAY with mayor Lois Frankel.That was a set up too.We where all on the same team.I'm surprised that no one was smart enough to catch on.Well I have to go and have lunch with the Federal Judge Daniel T.K Hurley.You know the Irish guy that got me set-up in this lucrative child support business so many years ago.I can't thank him enough.Love Always Donald Andrew Pickett
Stephen Mossey

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 May 10, 2009
I know my Mom tries to collect child support when she does not have custody of me.What she's really doing is stealing from me just like she did to my grandmother.She left her broke and penniless.She had to back to Ohio so her family could take care of her and protect her from my mother and the Leon Gang.
Stephen Mossey

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 May 10, 2009
Yeah where is my child support.It should going tome the child, not the non-custodial parent.Wait a second,If I'm the child and my mother is collecting it,and she does not have custody, then that is called an ORGANIZED SCHEME TO DEFRAUD.
Monica Mossey

West Palm Beach, FL

#11 May 10, 2009
I'm at motel somewhere in Palm Beach County,Still living out P.O.Boxes with my girlfriends who like to rob the police.While we have Palm Beach County Judges cover it up for us.
Obama

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 May 10, 2009
So after reading this story, who is ready now for a government-run health care system?
dazz

Homosassa, FL

#13 May 10, 2009
realist wrote:
I'm glad I never rushed into marriage. The commitment seems hard and unrealistic for many people. It's kind of like trying to finish the Leadville 100 miles run under 21 hours or trying to go undefeated in the SEC. Most people aren't able to make it despite strong confidence and performacne at the start of the journey. At some point, they fade.
You dont have to be married to have child support problems.
Lucky

Micanopy, FL

#14 May 10, 2009
I got out of child support when my ex got her new husband to adopt my girls, six months later she dumped him and the poor sucker paid support for 15 years
websharp

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 May 10, 2009
One more time the Child Support Enforcement Agency is proving to be a colossal joke. The only time the state cares to get and distribute the money is when it is repaying it's welfare coffers. You can bet there aren't any screw ups there. Those of us who actually WORK for a living don't get our child support. This is the worst-conceived, most ill run agency on both the state and federal levels. It needs to be completely overhauled or abolished.
you play to win the game

West Palm Beach, FL

#17 May 10, 2009
It's a racket through and through. 5 years ago my husband was laid off. It took him more than a year to get a modification hearing and the special master "Imputed" a good deal of income for him. Nothing really happened until we scraped up $1500 and hired a lawyer. then we got a reduction commensurate with what the law says. As a kicker he showed us how to hide his income with 1099's and DBA's. It's all a raquet and if your not playing to win somebody is playing you!!
european

AOL

#18 May 10, 2009
the beeitchas get to much..........honey
alimony sucks

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 May 10, 2009
just because a court forces you to pay $$$$ does not mean you have it!! all though I believe in child support. ALIMONY is a scam that destroys a mans ability to live will his ex lives high on the hog!! alimony must be abolished or scaled back to a token amount!!
Turnip Truck Driver

Tibbie, AL

#20 May 10, 2009
I guess the initial article a few weeks ago didn't spawn enough controversy for them. Sun Sentinel are repetitive scab pickers.
Turnip Truck Driver

Tibbie, AL

#21 May 10, 2009
MONICA MOSSEY wrote:
Palm Beach County Child Support Fraud/ Monica Mossey tries and collects child support for a child that she does not have custody of.Palm Beach Case no. nine two seven six six four FY. Ann Coffin knows exactly what is going on in this case.I am the custodial parent.NOT THE OTHER PARENT WHO IS COLLECTING IT.Ms. Ann Coffin knows that MONICA MOSSEY is fraudulently trying to collect child support for a child that she does not have custody off due to Abandonment,Abuse,Neglect.
My gawd man, INCREASE your meds and pick a SINGLE identity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican Leaders: Senate Won't Vote On Obamac... 50 min Chilli J 5
News Bernie Sanders:Time is ripe for Medicare for all 5 hr inbred Genius 29
News Collins Is A No Again 7 hr Just So You Know 2
News Terre Haute protesters decry Graham-Cassidy bill 19 hr Trump 5
News GOP Health Care Bill in Limbo After Another Rep... Mon Retribution 14
News More Mon Jeff Brightone 1
News Elected officials, GOP activists meet at Chili ... Mon Stephen D Clark 1
More from around the web