Paul

Bronx, NY

#43 Feb 21, 2011
I stopped the chantix fri 2/18 I have a rash chest abs thighs it doesn't itch burn I only took it two weeks and stopped will the rash go away ? I'm going to call the doc but would lime to know if the rash goes away on it own?
Barbara

Palmer, TX

#44 Feb 21, 2011
Bev wrote:
Is anyone taking or has taken Chantix and having a burning sensation on their inner and back of their thighs?
I started taking Chantix in September of 2009, I never pay attention to the side affects that they advertise on T.V. but boy I will now. My body was constantly soar & tired while I took this stuff, so it is possible you are having a side effect, also After starting the Chantix I started getting little red patches on my skin they didn't itch or hurt but just looked bad, they were on my chest and arms. My daughter finally got me to go to the doctor and they biopsied it,@ first the came back with skin lupus so they sent me to a rheumatologist, turns out I have Sjorgrens Syndrome (I think that is how you spell it) & now I can not be in the sun at all I have dry mouth and dry eyes, I honestly think Chantix caused this because there is nothing like this in our family. And one of the side effects is a rash developing.
Barbara

Palmer, TX

#45 Feb 21, 2011
Paul wrote:
I stopped the chantix fri 2/18 I have a rash chest abs thighs it doesn't itch burn I only took it two weeks and stopped will the rash go away ? I'm going to call the doc but would lime to know if the rash goes away on it own?
Hey Paul, just seen your comment if you don't mind send me a picture of your rash on your arms and upper chest because I got the same thing and you will see my comment about it, are you in the sun alot? Here is my email bgrillet0@aol.com
Barbara

Palmer, TX

#46 Feb 21, 2011
Barb wrote:
I took Chantix for 3 months I quit taking it in December 09 but still have a rash on my forearms and now developing one on my chest, also my face looks like it is starting to lose its pigmentation, does anyone else have this ?
Do you still have the rash ?
mousy

Melbourne, Australia

#47 May 12, 2011
omg omg omg, that is incredibly scary. I used chantix for 3 weeks and because i was vomiting about 3 times a day from them i stopped taking them. I no longer smoke at all, but it has only been a week without anything. My worry, is that IM ITCHY!!! face, head, back, inner thighs, calves, everywhere!!! Can anyone tell me if this will go away??

“Freedom...NOPE”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#48 May 12, 2011
mousy wrote:
omg omg omg, that is incredibly scary. I used chantix for 3 weeks and because i was vomiting about 3 times a day from them i stopped taking them. I no longer smoke at all, but it has only been a week without anything. My worry, is that IM ITCHY!!! face, head, back, inner thighs, calves, everywhere!!! Can anyone tell me if this will go away??
Sounds like it's time for a doctors visit...Good luck to you! Keep the quit...hold on tight!! Easier to keep the quit than to have to start all over......I never want to have to go back to the first week!
Sarah B

Cleveland, TN

#49 May 17, 2011
Kathleen wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!!! I know its been 2 years since you posted this question and I hope you are checking this thread. I have an appt in a couple of weeks with a neurologistb ecasues of my twitching. I have recently pieced it together with the Chantix. Are you still experiencing twitching now 2 years later?
OH MY GOSH! I took Chantix for aprox 2 weeks over a year ago and began having pseudo-seizures. Then I began to twitch and shake during all waking hours of the day and have migraines almost constantly. I even had to quit my day job because I couldn't function to work. I saw TWO neurologist and neither could give me a neurological diagnosis.
It has been almost an entire year now since I began taking Chantix, but I am STILL twitching, have no insurance, no full time job, and no hope for improvement.
Tina

Conway, AR

#50 Jun 23, 2011
Hi Bev,

Your reasoning is faulty here. Just because it's been months does not mean it's not the Chantix causing it. I've been all over the internet trying to find evidence by way of other patients that the various bizarre things going on with my body are from the Chantix. I knew they were, I just wanted to know if others were having some of the same troubles. The burning I feel in the muscle in my upper left forearm is not tingling, it's not circulation, it's like someone stuck a pan from the oven on my skin. That's not circulation returning from quitting smoking.

Chantix is a bad drug. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't, and I certainly would not suggest it to anyone.
Helpful One wrote:
Bev,
Since you haven't taken Chantix in months, that should be your clue that Chantix is not to blame for the burning sensation in the back of your thighs.
If you have any tingling sensations, that would be due to quitting smoking and the ensuing healing process.
Tina

Conway, AR

#51 Jun 23, 2011
Whoops! That should have been addressed to Helpful One, whose handle doesn't fit at all.
Dave

Tampa, FL

#52 Jul 6, 2011
I am not a doctor, but the side effects everyone could be experiencing is "Erythema multiforme".
Tracy

Lees Summit, MO

#53 Jul 6, 2011
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still have the rash ?
After three years of stopping chantix my "rash" is finally settling down. Only comes and goes now infrequently and is kept under control by prescription creams and antibacterial body wash.
Lynne

Sanford, FL

#54 Aug 11, 2011
I just took my first "Day One" Chantix pill. About 10 minutes later, I developed a rash on my forarms and a small blister inside my lower lip. I called my Doctor, and he has yet to get back to me (5 hours later...), but needless to say, I will not be taking anymore Chantix. At least I experienced ill side effects after 1 pill, not after 3 months of taking it. I have had 2 friends that were successful in quiting (for like 3 months)on Chantix, and they said the only side effect they had was bad dreams. So I guess, it's going to be hypnosis and the patch for me to quit again...then I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, SAY, "I'LL JUST HAVE ONE"!!!!

“Freedom...NOPE”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55 Aug 11, 2011
Lynne wrote:
I just took my first "Day One" Chantix pill. About 10 minutes later, I developed a rash on my forarms and a small blister inside my lower lip. I called my Doctor, and he has yet to get back to me (5 hours later...), but needless to say, I will not be taking anymore Chantix. At least I experienced ill side effects after 1 pill, not after 3 months of taking it. I have had 2 friends that were successful in quiting (for like 3 months)on Chantix, and they said the only side effect they had was bad dreams. So I guess, it's going to be hypnosis and the patch for me to quit again...then I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, SAY, "I'LL JUST HAVE ONE"!!!!
Hi Lynne...Hope you find a way to quit....Smokefree is great & worth the hard work!!! Have you studied up on the e-cigarette? I don't know anything about it but if I hadn't already found Chantix first & was successful with it..the e-cig would have been of interest to me.

Always remember what you swore to after you go for even one day without a smoke...That is really all it takes...resolve!!
Woodie523

Waukesha, WI

#56 Aug 16, 2011
mememarg wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lynne...Hope you find a way to quit....Smokefree is great & worth the hard work!!! Have you studied up on the e-cigarette? I don't know anything about it but if I hadn't already found Chantix first & was successful with it..the e-cig would have been of interest to me.
Always remember what you swore to after you go for even one day without a smoke...That is really all it takes...resolve!!
Lynn, Good luck! I have been on Chanitx for four weeks, with little success. This is my third time. I am going to make it this time! I have to! I too developed a rash on both arms, but it comes and goes. Looks like welts. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow as it is not getting better.
Murphy

United States

#57 Oct 11, 2011
Tracy wrote:
I started Chantix last July and quit smoking on the 19th of July. I continued taking the chantix until mid October. I broke my ankle and had developed a rash around the injury. It then covered my legs, arms, back, hands, feet, buttocks and scalp. I was given a shot of prednisone and a 10 day oral dose. The rash went away while on the prednisone, but soon after the dose was complete, the rash reoccurred. I was again given a 10 day oral dose of prednisone and would only get relief while on the prednisone. I was referred to a dermatologist who did a biopsy and said it was eczyma. I am 44 years old and have never had eczema even as a child. I continue to struggle with the rash which stays somewhat constant without steroids. This is six months later and I have not taken chantix again, but feel it played a part in what I now go through. I believe quitting smoking is very important, but I am now struggling daily with the side effects the chantix left behind.
The Chantix is not responsible for the rash. Rash is included in the possible side effects in the medication insert, why no one reads this insert still baffles me. Rash caused by an allergic reaction to medication is usually severe and/or sets in very quickly. As the half life of chantix is only a few days at most the possiblility of it causing the rash is non existant. Especially considering that it did not go away with the cessation of taking the medication.
Eczyma with adult onset is more common than you think. Considering that it is an autoimmume disorder it is not caused by outside factors. Eczyma is the body's inability to sluff off dead skin cells at a reasonable rate. This causes patchy, itchy, burning patches that may need steroids to temporarily clear up. Your foot it a cast probably agrivated your condtion and just brought it to a first outbreak.
Eczema is autoimmune, like lupus, it will come back because your immune system is to blame for the problem. This is genetic disorder
Raegirl

Billings, MT

#58 Jan 12, 2012
I took Chantix for a month. After developing large red itchy bite like spots all over, some grouped some not. I quit taking it. It's been a month and they are still here. I itch like crazy and I had gotten my roots done during this process and got a horrible chemical burn on my scalp. I had used the same formula I always do. I have done it since quitting and no burning so the chantix really messed with me. Does anyone know how to get these ugly bumps to go away? They look like measles with a dry ring of skin around them.
john

Montgomery, AL

#60 Jan 19, 2012
This is my third time on Chantix. Only side effect in the past was wierd dreams that slowly went away. After about 3 months on it, i noticed some bumps on my arms and legs but kept taking it. Two weeks later I have bumps(hives) on both arms, both legs and on my back. The itching got so bad, I had to go to the hospital for a steriod shot. I quit the Chantix. A week later I was back at the ER because of the itching. Now I have been on steriods for 3 weeks and the hives are still on my arms and legs. Will this ever end?
Laura

Louisville, KY

#61 Feb 19, 2012
Stop going to the ER for a rash. That is why there are primary care doctors. Number one reason our medical care costs so much. People jump at going to the emergency room for anything...
Tammy

Portland, OR

#62 Mar 21, 2012
Has anyone else developed a rash on the face from the Chantix? Can anyone provide a picture of what the rash looks like?
ANNABELLE

Arlington, TX

#63 Mar 24, 2012
I have exzema and have had this condition since I was an infant. Unfortunatley, I break out in a rash while trying different antidepression meds. this has only occurred with the last year. As of today I have been on chantix for 7 days and not wanting to smoke, however, the exzema has flared up and I am taking antihistamines, but I am itching so badly. I really wanted to stay on Chantix, wondering if I should just suffer the rash before I quit taking the Chantix. I really want to be smoke free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Healthcare Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 4 min Foster 32
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 21 hr UTB 56
GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) Sun swedenforever 17
Sex pills can cause blue vision and vision loss (Sep '09) Sat billbans 46
Boehner Moving Toward Late-July House Vote on O... Oct 18 Swedenforever 6
Is sex only for rich people? Oct 17 marty72 2
Nurse anesthetists aren't the same as anesthesi... (Sep '10) Oct 17 RLV9412 116

Healthcare Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE