Environment: Safeway to pay fine for ...

Environment: Safeway to pay fine for leaky freezers

There are 1 comment on the Summit County Voice story from Sep 7, 2013, titled Environment: Safeway to pay fine for leaky freezers. In it, Summit County Voice reports that:

Under a court-ordered settlement, Safeway will pay a $600,000 fine and upgrade equipment and management practices to cut emissions of ozone-depleting refrigerants by 100,000 pounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Summit County Voice.

LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#1 Sep 7, 2013
For a store chain that size, this amounts to no more than a 'slap on the wrist'. Time to take this seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environmental Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 9 hr RiccardoFire 2,583
News EPA to ease emission restrictions on coal-fired... 9 hr Trump is a joke 319
News Once again, the ACLU takes its place on the fro... (Feb '17) Tue C Kersey 11
News Norfolk Southern Takes Responsibility For Fuel ... Mon Get out of my pocket 1
News 'The war on coal is over': US a step closer to ... Jan 11 Solarman 10
News Obama pulls coal mine permit (Jan '11) Jan 4 Swedenforever 4
News EPA: Climate bill could add $100 year in costs (Oct '09) Jan 3 don t drink the k... 380
More from around the web