Sutherland Global Services Faces Class Action Lawsuit

May 29, 2007 | Posted by: Rochester14620 | Full story: www.sutherlandovertimesuit.com

Sutherland Global Services, formerly known as The Sutherland Group is facing a collective action (known as a class action) lawsuit for not paying their employees overtime and/or commissions.

Comments
41 - 60 of 308 Comments Last updated May 28, 2014
Fed up

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jul 15, 2007
 
need to know ssm wrote:
i have never been to this site before & i came here by mistake **& I m glad i did *** i have been working for sg since october 2003 & i am currently on the dell program in SSM & we have been informed if we do not get our metrics up that we will lose the program to the windsor office or windsor will loose the program but sources tell me its going anyway no matter what are metrics are (go figure) or else & i will have to go to a campangn that pays less is there not a Ontario law that says that if you work for the same company that yopy can not take a pay cut the reason i asked is this when i first worked for Sg i was on a program that paid $8.50 p/h & another program downsided the one Sue was on & they were making more an hr then we were but there wage was not cut when they joined our program but they are doing it now what has the law change or does sg have its own law as far as labour in ssm they are over paid government worker who do not care about us as long as they get there long week ends & high paying soft job case in point RMH the first call center in ssm broke a lot of rules as far as treating the employee & they said so sad to bad nothing can be done!
The employees at Dell in Windsor, are getting the same story. Can you verify your rate of pay with Dell in the Sault, so we can compare to us, here.
thanks
Fed up

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jul 15, 2007
 
Busted broke wrote:
Ive been at the sutherland in SSM for over a year, I have worked thru 5 campaigns. Dell, Att outbound DSL, United online, Microsoft (networking) and now CIngular. For the most part the errors that I see that come on paychecks happen outside of the office most of the time in the rochester offices. I once waited for 3 weeks to receive a manual Check from Jeff Mortlock, because some dumbass decided to leave the unsigned check on his desk while he was on vacation. This $200 check cost me $90 in NSF fees. Now the same thing is happening, I had a supervisor recalculate my stat pay, and they ended up owing me an extra 3 hours, total after all the recalculations on that paycheck I was down about 15 hours. 3 weeks later I still hadnt received a check, I asked about it. and was told it was never submitted. the second time they recalculated I was owed only 11 hours (YA RIGHT) eitherway its been over 6 weeks since the victoria day holiday and still have yet to receive ANY money for it. IF a class action suit is filed in canada YOU CAN GARUNTEE alot of names will be taking part in that.
Can you post your info onto crazysutherland.com . Also, I wonder if you can verify the rate of pay in Sault for At&T, Dell and HP (if you worked this campaign)
It sounds like a very frustrating experience that must make you wonder- what's the use?
Post your reply and let other's know about this page and crazysutherland. People are watching who want to help. When enough posting are submitted a general meeting will be called.
fedup

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jul 15, 2007
 
i have yet to see a bonus, and now realize i should take a better look at my paycheques from now on because i know this company is capable of anything. the moral is so low in this place, and customer service is NOT what they stand for. SELL SELL SELL. waste time following the privacy script, and piss the customers off even more, so that you dont get docked on qualities, because if you get bad qualities, DSATs, or not enought CSATs you dont get bonuses. yeah right, WHATEVER! what happened to the customers needs and what happened to the agents ability to do their jobs, without all the bullshit coming from management right down to the floor. im a single mother, working to feed my children and dont want to go on the goverment's dime. when sutherland came to windsor amid all the hoopla, i was told a lot of positive things, nothing could be futher from the truth. this place is a JOKE. cant wait to get out!
truthurts

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jul 20, 2007
 
Sutherland's going down.

Come watch the fireworks.
Sunshine

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jul 21, 2007
 
I'm still waiting for the 32 hours of regular pay that they owe me. It was improperly inputted manually by them and then they treat you like they are doing you a favour because "they are working on it". I too have lodged a complaint the Ministry of Labour. I have already been verbally reprimanded by the individual who will be my new supervisor after "next" week for having to ask for too much support. Figure I won't be there long because I fully intend on politely informing this person that I am not afraid of their coercion or intimidation tactics. I still have a couple of tricks up "my" sleeve for if/when they fire me.!
debs wrote:
i work at the Sutherland office in Windsor and they keep promising us these $50 gift certificates for each product we sell, and now they're stalling on giving them to us because they didn't think we'd get so many not to mention our IROZ is screwed up, Sutherland's taking most of out money from our employer and they treat us like crap scaring the new people into selling so they can raise their commissions. I HATE THIS COMPANY!!
Sunshine

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jul 21, 2007
 
Can I get tickets for the front row please?????
truthurts wrote:
Sutherland's going down.
Come watch the fireworks.
Sue from the Soo

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jul 21, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Sunshine: I totally can relate to your situation ...about the intimidation tactics. I experienced the same thing at the SSM2 location in Sault Ste. Marie. I can't stand the bitch (Helen) who happened to catch me while I was on the Employment Standards Act site, and then dragged me into the HR office. There was no need for that. She was in the WRONG 100%, that bitch.
mimi

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jul 23, 2007
 
Hey, I need advice on a part time job..and I was thinking of sending my resume to sutherlands...from the looks of it, sutherland doesn't seem like a pleasant place to work in. I was wondering if someone can fill me on what qualifiactions are needed to work there.
Please comment:)
Sue from the Soo

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jul 24, 2007
 
mimi: not too sure about the Windsor location, but if you were applying to the Sault locations, I can help you out. They hire anyone off the streets, literally. No special credentials are required. If you can't type, no problem! If you can't navigate on the internet, no problem either. When I was helping out on floor support, there were reps who were typing with 2 fingers, and didn't know how to navigate from different window, so, my point is, they won't turn anyone down, even if they have a criminal record. They aren't too swift in doing criminal background checks either. That's a known fact !!!
Mike Clifford

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jul 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Sutherland is nothing but a body shop. As a program manager, I profited at the employees' expense while the going was good and left. Suck it up. It's capitalism.
Sue from the Sault

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jul 24, 2007
 
It was so pathetic at the SSM2 location, I shake my head and wonder why I didn't leave any sooner. I once witnessed a rep come to the duty desk and spoke with the on duty supervisor and said she was sick and needed to go home. The supervisor asked her what her shift was and then asked her if she can hold on and finish her shift (there were several hours left in her shift). After hearing that, I'm thinking to myself, what the f**k ? What is this, elementary school?? We have to get permission from the principle to go home? If a person says they are sick, they are sick. End of story. If a person is consistently taking time off, then address the issue as it comes up. That's it, that's all. Simply pathetic.
Chad Newton

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jul 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

I am currently a Sutherland employee and I have been one for 1 year. I must say that Dilip Vellodi must have some knowledge or influene over how the management treat the employees and their ethical conduct.
Recently, employees have been discouraged from taking fifteen minute breaks by having their phones logged out of AUX just for being in AUX. The "workforce management" team represents no more than three people on our floor who constantly monitor all agents who are inbound agents. Myself as well as several of the top selling reps have been relentlessly logged out of our phones, therefore affecting our absenteeism which also affects our ability to receive full commission payouts. Essentially, I refer to these workforce managers as "drama makers". They only know how to be coercive.
In fact, the entire organization operates with autocratic leadership styles. Although my client is AT&T Wireless, formerly Cingular, I have heard similar complaints from agents who sell products and services for Intuit programs, Microsoft, and Hewlett-Packard. Where does the madness end? How can Mr.Vellodi be so blind to know that when his company's reputation as an employer to the Rochester public is less than adequate, the majority of agents last only three to six months before either being fired or quitting, and a class action lawsuit regarding ethical conduct and law breakage regarding workers' rights, that there are things profoundly wrong in his company that can only be influenced by his character?
This corporation has only been in existence since 1986. This is a fairly new company that has already incurred several complaints against it that are legitimate. My suggestion to Mr.Vellodi:
Take your India-like mind and keep it over in India and all the other third world countries where you're opening up new call centers. You are obviously not opening more in the US because us Americans are not tolerant of such coerciveness. Otherwise, you would open up more. When is the last time you actually donated any charitable funds to the stakeholders in Rochester out of which you are incorporated? Hmmmmmmm, are you embarrassed yet?
Charlie McKernan

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jul 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Chad Newton wrote:
I am currently a Sutherland employee and I have been one for 1 year. I must say that Dilip Vellodi must have some knowledge or influence over how the management treat the employees and their ethical conduct.
Not only is he aware of what his underlings are doing, he encourages ethically challenged business practices.
Chad Newton wrote:
Recently, employees have been discouraged from taking fifteen minute breaks by having their phones logged out of AUX just for being in AUX.
I would strongly suggest each of you bring a bucket in and place it under your chair. Inside the bucket, place a brownie inside of it.
Chad Newton wrote:
The "workforce management" team represents no more than three people on our floor who constantly monitor all agents who are inbound agents. Myself as well as several of the top selling reps have been relentlessly logged out of our phones, therefore affecting our absenteeism which also affects our ability to receive full commission payouts. Essentially, I refer to these workforce managers as "drama makers". They only know how to be coercive.
Name names on this board. Also, report these scam artists to the IRS. Obviously, they are getting paid "under the table" profits. Can you say untaxed income?
Chad Newton wrote:
Where does the madness end?


UNIONIZE!!!
And don't let those boot licking manager wannabes scare you in believing your job will go to India.
Chad Newton wrote:
How can Mr. Vellodi be so blind to know that when his company's reputation as an employer to the Rochester public is less than adequate, the majority of agents last only three to six months before either being fired or quitting, and a class action lawsuit regarding ethical conduct and law breakage regarding workers' rights, that there are things profoundly wrong in his company that can only be influenced by his character?


The only color he sees is green. He has no moral compass. If he does, it's broken or it was made in India!
Chad Newton wrote:

This corporation has only been in existence since 1986. This is a fairly new company that has already incurred several complaints against it that are legitimate. My suggestion to Mr.Vellodi:
Take your India-like mind and keep it over in India and all the other third world countries where you're opening up new call centers. You are obviously not opening more in the US because us Americans are not tolerant of such coerciveness. Otherwise, you would open up more. When is the last time you actually donated any charitable funds to the stakeholders in Rochester out of which you are incorporated? Hmmmmmmm, are you embarrassed yet?
And what about the Corporate Welfare Dillip received from New York State to excellerate outsourcing US jobs to India? Forget embarrassed. Americans should be angry and expose this fraud for what he is.
Team Lead

Burlington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jul 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Funny how somethings change and yet somethings stay the same. Where ever Sutherland decides to open up there are problems and they are always the same problems it seems. This company is pure BS and doesn't give a damm about the employee's and never will no matter where they go. The truth about Sutherland is that they open up sweat shops where ever they go they get in and get out when someone sues them.Just look at their locations on the map and you will see that most of their operations are run in Third World countries. Enough said they need us because customers are tired of speaking to India who's command of the english language isn't that great and the customers have had enough of that. The fact is that Sutherland not only cheats the employee's but also the clients HP,Dell and AT&T if you look closly at the metrics you will understand that last statement. So if they can cheat the client then who the hell are we? How do I know they cheat because they trained me too.

EX Sutherland Manager
truthurts

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jul 25, 2007
 

Judged:

2

Sue from the Soo wrote:
I can't stand the bitch (Helen) who happened to catch me while I was on the Employment Standards Act site, and then dragged me into the HR office. There was no need for that. She was in the WRONG 100%, that bitch.
Helen is in the wrong. 100%.

No company can block a government web site from it's workers. The only thing they can do is make sure you don't spend all day on one.

If they reprimand or fire you for being on the Employment Standards Act site, get a lawyer. You will win far more than back pay.

Far more! I promise you that.

Any government site pertaining to legislation or laws cannot be censured by a company. This is a FEDERAL crime.

I was on the Labour Board's website on company time, using company computers. I dare them to fire me or reprimand me for it.

I dare them.
truthurts

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jul 25, 2007
 
Sunshine wrote:
Can I get tickets for the front row please?????
It's gonna be a big big show. Should be able to see it for miles!:)(or Kilometers, whatever the case may be!)
Sue from the Sault

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jul 26, 2007
 
truthurts, thank you for that info.! I am going to message that info to my ex-supervisor.
Susan Seifried

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jul 26, 2007
 
I agree with Sue Sutherland in Sault Ste Marie should be looked at as well.
Sue from the Sault

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jul 26, 2007
 
Susan, I should have gone to the Ministry of Labour as soon as I uncovered a scam that was going on with the statuatory pay error, and the fact that the bitch Helen scolded me in the HR office about being on a government website.
Anonymous

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jul 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

truthurts wrote:
<quoted text>
No company can block a government web site from it's workers. The only thing they can do is make sure you don't spend all day on one.
If they reprimand or fire you for being on the Employment Standards Act site, get a lawyer. You will win far more than back pay.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the ESA Legislation. If you are terminated for FOLLOWING the ESA, then there would be trouble (being terminated for being pregnant, or receiving below minimum wage.) Any and all webpages can be blocked by any business.
truthurts wrote:
Any government site pertaining to legislation or laws cannot be censured by a company. This is a FEDERAL crime.
Prove it: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca
truthurts wrote:
I was on the Labour Board's website on company time, using company computers. I dare them to fire me or reprimand me for it.
I dare them.
Okay, what's your real name then? I'll let management know.

You brag about regular personal surfing, brag about violating company policy, you want people to pity you, and you have a talent for lying and creating "facts". Too many lazy workers in the Soo..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••