UPS faces class-action ADA lawsuit ov...

UPS faces class-action ADA lawsuit over working conditions

There are 47 comments on the The Plain Dealer story from Jul 30, 2007, titled UPS faces class-action ADA lawsuit over working conditions. In it, The Plain Dealer reports that:

“We feel it's totally without merit”

Kris B. Mamula - Pittsburgh Business Times A federal judge in Pittsburgh has granted class-action status to a lawsuit alleging that United Parcel Service Inc. via The Plain Dealer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Plain Dealer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mary C

AOL

#1 Aug 1, 2007
It's adout time. I can name two people off the top of my head that have been through the mill over this issue and ended up lossing their jobs due to a work related injury.
Mudasr

Pakistan

#2 Aug 17, 2007
Dear Justice in spain

Dear Sir My Name is Mudassar and i live in Pakistan Azad Kashmir
i do Work a Computer Shop i do Work Hardware and Softwer Windows installer
and build up Computer System
Der Sir I Do to You a Request i Arrive in your Country But your Country
Embassy Told to Me if i Have Spancer and work Proment then Give
Me Visa i Askad to you Sir if any Poor People want in your Country
and thy have not a Sponcer and not live his Reltive live your Country
then why he do ?????
Dear Sir i Give up Some Money A Agint He told Me He give me England
Country Visa i am not Thainking he give Me froud i am Crzy and Happy i Do Sela my
Shop and i Give up Money
50000thousand repese in paksitan and he give Me Fake paper i Check up Paper
on My Country jareey office the Told me this is Fake paper i am very Sad and
Warry i do Give a Applictionin My City Poilce Station The Police Office
Askad To Me How Much Maney Give Me Plece Point Note This Pakitanti Police
50000 to gone and 1000 More Gone i thinking this all system Worng i do Not Change This Alone
So Dear Sir
i am only Arrive in your Country do to work Because i live in poor
Country my Country or my city Azad Kashmir Many People Leving in
England and 100% to 35% Peaple return to home town and live in
2 wekes 3 wekes or maxim 6 wekes and Return to England
so dear i am not gone to England i gone to other Country i know
England Mostly live in England Pakistani india and banladashi people
i am not like this people i want live in Defrent Country and live Defren
Cultural So
My Dear Sir i want to you some Help pleace you do to my
help and Allowed me i Arrive in your Country
Dear Sir i Askad to you are Justice or your Embassy comation
your Justice they want thy come to Arriveand give us Visa in your Country
they have not want and not like him so they have not Give up Visa
Dear Sir i want Happy live and Good live but pakistani Country not
give me happy life so
My Dear Sir pleace you do to a good Decision on my Future life
if you not good Decision on my self so dir sir my live past very bad
because pakistani Cultural give us People Worng Mainder people i dont
like this people.
Sir i Give you all thinks if you Askad and want to me in my life and other
think i give you Real on and True .
i give up 100%belive if you want ,,,,

Dear Sir i See you are and Your System Defrent or Same and your Decision Same or Defrent

ok my dear sir i want to gone pleace allow to me .
Deppo

Mount Pleasant, SC

#3 Aug 19, 2007
On this topic, www.thedarkersideofbrown.com is just as good a read.
Rick

AOL

#4 Aug 27, 2007
My wife was fondled by a supervisor while she was a temporary employee during peak season. She was afraid to report it because she wanted the job. She should have owned a piece of the company! She wouldn't tell me till years later because I would of "killed" the guy! Now 12 years later and a permanent part time employee she fell out of the back of a feeder truck and struck her head. She was told if she reported it she would be fired!
Chylloh

AOL

#5 Aug 29, 2007
Rick wrote:
My wife was fondled by a supervisor while she was a temporary employee during peak season. She was afraid to report it because she wanted the job. She should have owned a piece of the company! She wouldn't tell me till years later because I would of "killed" the guy! Now 12 years later and a permanent part time employee she fell out of the back of a feeder truck and struck her head. She was told if she reported it she would be fired!
I use to would find this hard to believe, not now. The UPS in Louisville, KY has been on the backs of the drivers except for two black women who choose their time and their loads. If they see something on their truck in which they donot want to take, they just take it off. The consensus at many customers business is these two rule the nest there. The other drivers are over loaded, donot leave in 8 hrs like these two women do each day, it is more like 10 to 12 hrs of work with a continous harassment of the supervisors for the other drivers to do more than they should. The heat index was 107 but inside the trucks which are not air conditioned is a bout 115 to 120 degrees. The goodness of the hearts of UPS offered the drivers EITHER a bottle of water or a bottle of gatorade (only one).To make the condition a hostile environment, the supervisors accuse and yell slanderous accusations at the drivers who are out there busting their buttes. If you have not done this, don't post,'they need to get off of their buttes and work' they are because they are doing extra work to make up for what the others such as the two black women donot do. As for the union, yeah as for the union what need is it, just to collect the union dues.
MR CHRIS

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 3, 2007
Mudasr wrote:
Dear Justice in spain
Dear Sir My Name is Mudassar and i live in Pakistan Azad Kashmir
i do Work a Computer Shop i do Work Hardware and Softwer Windows installer
and build up Computer System
Der Sir I Do to You a Request i Arrive in your Country But your Country
Embassy Told to Me if i Have Spancer and work Proment then Give
Me Visa i Askad to you Sir if any Poor People want in your Country
and thy have not a Sponcer and not live his Reltive live your Country
then why he do ?????
Dear Sir i Give up Some Money A Agint He told Me He give me England
Country Visa i am not Thainking he give Me froud i am Crzy and Happy i Do Sela my
Shop and i Give up Money
50000thousand repese in paksitan and he give Me Fake paper i Check up Paper
on My Country jareey office the Told me this is Fake paper i am very Sad and
Warry i do Give a Applictionin My City Poilce Station The Police Office
Askad To Me How Much Maney Give Me Plece Point Note This Pakitanti Police
50000 to gone and 1000 More Gone i thinking this all system Worng i do Not Change This Alone
So Dear Sir
i am only Arrive in your Country do to work Because i live in poor
Country my Country or my city Azad Kashmir Many People Leving in
England and 100% to 35% Peaple return to home town and live in
2 wekes 3 wekes or maxim 6 wekes and Return to England
so dear i am not gone to England i gone to other Country i know
England Mostly live in England Pakistani india and banladashi people
i am not like this people i want live in Defrent Country and live Defren
Cultural So
My Dear Sir i want to you some Help pleace you do to my
help and Allowed me i Arrive in your Country
Dear Sir i Askad to you are Justice or your Embassy comation
your Justice they want thy come to Arriveand give us Visa in your Country
they have not want and not like him so they have not Give up Visa
Dear Sir i want Happy live and Good live but pakistani Country not
give me happy life so
My Dear Sir pleace you do to a good Decision on my Future life
if you not good Decision on my self so dir sir my live past very bad
because pakistani Cultural give us People Worng Mainder people i dont
like this people.
Sir i Give you all thinks if you Askad and want to me in my life and other
think i give you Real on and True .
i give up 100%belive if you want ,,,,
Dear Sir i See you are and Your System Defrent or Same and your Decision Same or Defrent
ok my dear sir i want to gone pleace allow to me .
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "SIR". I THINK YOUR ON THE WRONG PAGE.
Casandra

AOL

#7 Dec 20, 2007
The Big Brown at my facility has a short chubby bald guy running it and he struts around with his "I don't care! phrases. until safety or HR come around and Mr Proactive comes to an about face and pretends to care. He'll have his sups actually locate the over 70 tape and then acknowledge the safety laws that are there for a reason.
Our cocky little Union Steward "Uncle Bozo" is to busy recruiting young mermaids to come in the facitlity and bypass the hard working seniority group. If you complain, your simply told that it is their choice on determining "who goes where" without regard to seniority or the respect the fact that, we have given 3, 5, 7 years to this company, waiting for a position that goes to a young new person that does not know squat. I am paying my dues to a person who treats us like that,right before our eyes? We can't go to the boss because he is too busy fasting to shed pounds as he pursues and dazzles the new girl with his world travel stories.
No one can get a Management position because they go to the bar crushes or nephews who by the way sexual harasses every one. You can't quit because your body is so torn up from the repition and redundancy of the whole shabang, insurance becomes a must. God help our preachers who have sold their sole to the mighty big brown. 2 self proclaimed preachers, One reminds the tax payers how he doesn't have to pay taxes because he is a preacher. Amen! and may God forgive you when you lie, manipulate everyone in sight. Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. Oh I love the Big Brown, I lean toward symolic idealistic things. I told myself "I want to work for this company" and I believe that UPS has earned it's name by doing something right, with the volume of packages that fly through each day. The Big Brown is a good company but unfortunately, the inside can be brutal.

----------

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#8 Dec 21, 2007
You all think that is bad Try being a outside driver bringing packages into UPS. They treat Truck drivers like we where nothing but subhuman waste and all we are doing is helping with the over flow this time of year because they do not have the trucks to handle it, It got so bad I just refused to take there loads, It almost cost me my job. I do not drive now due to On the job injury. But the one in memphis Tn was the worst out of all the ones I went to. But that was a few years ago, it might have chaned.
hair

Allendale, MI

#9 Dec 28, 2007
Casandra, go above your union steward to someone at a higher level of the teamsters. You should have priority for seniority positions regardless of some bar crush or nephew being in the mix. I am a supervisor in Michigan and do not, I repeat do not go into management. You think the treatment you get as a union member is rediculous, try not having union representation.
Good luck
Casandra wrote:
The Big Brown at my facility has a short chubby bald guy running it and he struts around with his "I don't care! phrases. until safety or HR come around and Mr Proactive comes to an about face and pretends to care. He'll have his sups actually locate the over 70 tape and then acknowledge the safety laws that are there for a reason.
Our cocky little Union Steward "Uncle Bozo" is to busy recruiting young mermaids to come in the facitlity and bypass the hard working seniority group. If you complain, your simply told that it is their choice on determining "who goes where" without regard to seniority or the respect the fact that, we have given 3, 5, 7 years to this company, waiting for a position that goes to a young new person that does not know squat. I am paying my dues to a person who treats us like that,right before our eyes? We can't go to the boss because he is too busy fasting to shed pounds as he pursues and dazzles the new girl with his world travel stories.
No one can get a Management position because they go to the bar crushes or nephews who by the way sexual harasses every one. You can't quit because your body is so torn up from the repition and redundancy of the whole shabang, insurance becomes a must. God help our preachers who have sold their sole to the mighty big brown. 2 self proclaimed preachers, One reminds the tax payers how he doesn't have to pay taxes because he is a preacher. Amen! and may God forgive you when you lie, manipulate everyone in sight. Don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. Oh I love the Big Brown, I lean toward symolic idealistic things. I told myself "I want to work for this company" and I believe that UPS has earned it's name by doing something right, with the volume of packages that fly through each day. The Big Brown is a good company but unfortunately, the inside can be brutal.
----------
Casandra

AOL

#10 Jan 9, 2008
UPS Hammond is out of control. The plant manager fired another supervisor for a text message he sent to the girl in data act. They use to date and he sent her a nasty text a year or so ago and she told her new boyfriend the plant manager Don Herald, ad he fired him. She was laughing and bragging about how she will get anyone who messes with her. She also said she as dating the plant manager for financial reasons. I imagine she will grow tired of him and sue him for sexual harrassment. Everone has lost respect for him. The drivers were talking about how the plant manager was showing someone naked pictures of her on his cell phone. Now, that is professional. If you complain about anything, they will make your life hard there.
If you go over their they will make your life miserable. The Union guys is in with the plant manager and calls him his son. Everyone claims he rigged the election to get votes and voted for the drivers who were on vacation.
Everyone is in need of serious conduct and diversity training.

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#11 Jan 9, 2008
AAAhhhhhh yes the mighty UPS. why, if it such a great place to work, then why is every other article about them have the word "lawsuit" in them.
X upser

Gig Harbor, WA

#12 Jan 16, 2008
I worked for them for 18 years as a driver--run in to the ground by them, in fact. disabled I was a collegiate athlete, and am now disabled thanks to UPS not following their own safety practices. Thinking about writing the ultimate expose on the inside of UPS and how their CRIMINAL treatment of employees ruins peoples lives. I'll start with TIMECARD FIXING, INTIMIDATION AND HARRASSMENT, SAFETY VIOLATIONS, HAZMAT VIOLATIONS, and go from there. Like Michael Moore. Maybe I can enlist his help.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#13 Jan 16, 2008
X upser wrote:
I worked for them for 18 years as a driver--run in to the ground by them, in fact. disabled I was a collegiate athlete, and am now disabled thanks to UPS not following their own safety practices. Thinking about writing the ultimate expose on the inside of UPS and how their CRIMINAL treatment of employees ruins peoples lives. I'll start with TIMECARD FIXING, INTIMIDATION AND HARRASSMENT, SAFETY VIOLATIONS, HAZMAT VIOLATIONS, and go from there. Like Michael Moore. Maybe I can enlist his help.
Please you do not need that Communist help for anything, He falls in the same list as Jane Fonda.
X upser

Gig Harbor, WA

#14 Jan 17, 2008
Tuvok wrote:
<quoted text>Please you do not need that Communist help for anything, He falls in the same list as Jane Fonda.
That's where you are wrong, Pal. Have you seen any of his work? The big brown is just like the other Corporate bastards he's taken on. You kinda chant their party line, in fact. Pity.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#15 Jan 17, 2008
X upser wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you are wrong, Pal. Have you seen any of his work? The big brown is just like the other Corporate bastards he's taken on. You kinda chant their party line, in fact. Pity.
I would not waste my time on him, I would throw my money in the street before I spent it supporting it to see his trash.
X upser

Gig Harbor, WA

#16 Jan 17, 2008
Free country, Paunch. Back to the point: UPS will get theirs. And I don't need any one else but my damn good attorney.
REB

Denver, CO

#17 Jan 26, 2008
Mary Please E-mail me as I have a likely lawsuit for the same situation. I don't know how to reach you without giving e-mail for all to harass me or my phone. Any suggestions. I am in Denver CO
Mary C wrote:
It's adout time. I can name two people off the top of my head that have been through the mill over this issue and ended up lossing their jobs due to a work related injury.
REB

Denver, CO

#18 Jan 26, 2008
Please contact me if you can I have a situation much like Mary comments on in Denver CO.

suggestions in how I can receive info without listing my e-mail and phone number here and thus get harrassment .
Mary C

AOL

#19 Feb 17, 2008
Reb if you need to you can e-mail me at [email protected] (not my choice on the e-mail address it was done to me as a joke)
bob franks

Oak Ridge, TN

#20 Mar 1, 2008
eel once in a feeder got up and couldn't walk. my supervisor refused to take me to the hospital. told another worker" he can drive his damn self." The company took care of me fighting me from coming back to work until the supervisor involved was gone. And the government protect these companys. I work for ups and think that the company is just like all other big companies. They feel they are above the law and any remorse. When I was hired they told me I was just a number they had people standing in line for my job. 13 years later and two injuries I'm trapped working for them. And left in debt. The company is never at fault. I f
Rick wrote:
My wife was fondled by a supervisor while she was a temporary employee during peak season. She was afraid to report it because she wanted the job. She should have owned a piece of the company! She wouldn't tell me till years later because I would of "killed" the guy! Now 12 years later and a permanent part time employee she fell out of the back of a feeder truck and struck her head. She was told if she reported it she would be fired!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Employment / Labor Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First Sexual Orientation Discrimination Decisio... Aug 23 Rainbow Kid 1
News Drug Epidemic Handicaps Workforce (Dec '15) Aug 20 LocNess Supertramp 4
News U.S. judge says funeral home had religious righ... Aug 20 Sneaky Pete 4
News Judge dismisses case over transgender embalmer'... Aug 18 TerriB1 1
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... Aug 18 Go Blue Forever 406
News Report: Ferris wheel that dropped girls had wor... Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 1
News Silicon Valley's tech workforce diversity has l... Aug 13 KIP 29
More from around the web