Suit accuses Putnam family law judge of abusing authority, unprofessional conduct

May 10, 2012 Full story: The West Virginia Record 92

A pastor is seeking to stop a Putnam County judge's directives he says are destroying his family.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Putnam Johnny

Belle, WV

#1 May 10, 2012
Watkins is a great man. This article is rubbish.
lisa

New York, NY

#2 May 10, 2012
This is crazy! I think he is a very fair judge.
Putnam Johnny

Belle, WV

#3 May 10, 2012
lisa wrote:
This is crazy! I think he is a very fair judge.
Watkins is the best!
ascotinva

Sterling, VA

#4 May 10, 2012
Watkins is a disgrace to the legal profession.
i know her too

New York, NY

#5 May 10, 2012
I had no problem with him at all. I think he's the best too!!
jamiekay

Hurricane, WV

#6 May 10, 2012
Hage is a joke n all about money
Watkins is THE BEST !!!
PASTOR HAGE NEEDS TO GO LAY DOWN
Leave Watkins Alone
Hrmm

Charleston, WV

#7 May 10, 2012
If you all think he's the best, then you've obviously never had him in court. He doesn't do what's best for anyone. He does whatever is fastest for him to get the case over with.
Tired of hyocrites

Prichard, WV

#9 May 11, 2012
Art Hage is insane and after money. Judge Watkins has a great record. Hages family is smart to get away from him. No man of God would do the things he does. He's a God profaner.
MyTwoCents

Saint Albans, WV

#10 May 11, 2012
Idk this Hage guy, but in my Divorce case Watkins was a very fair and impartial judge for my case. I can see how he can come across as harsh in his actions and his words, but he is a good judge and I honestly Belive that he really takes into consideration everything about a case before giving a verdict.
funny

United States

#11 May 11, 2012
This guy sued his daughters for amounts ranging from $400,000 to $1 Billion, yes with a B. This guy needs mental help.
thinking

Prichard, WV

#12 May 11, 2012
Sounds like Watkins ruled this one right. Hage is abusing the tax payers and his "family".
Anyone

Huntington, WV

#13 May 12, 2012
Does no one realize how many lawsuits have been brought against Watkins in the last year alone? You don't see any other judge getting lawsuits and ethics complaints against them on a regular basis.
Putnam Johnny

United States

#14 May 12, 2012
Hage is a nut job
Mija

Calumet City, IL

#15 May 12, 2012
I think this pracher sounds like he needs psychiatric help. If his wife wants a divorce why would he want to prevent it. From what I've heard he's the one that has been bad mouthing her. Why would she want to back to him? Sounds to me like the judge was making a necessary ruling. Someone above mentioned the preacher was a tax abuser. I've wondered about that........seems like the "church" owns a lot of propeties and is trying to get more. Why? Are all the others in use? Something seems mighty strange there.
that guy

Hurricane, WV

#16 May 12, 2012
He's an evangelist. They're all money grubbers.
Except for Billy Graham. He's the only legit one of the bunch.
about time

Prichard, WV

#17 May 13, 2012
Hage is the same dude in the news not long ago, who needed our money for the Pink Pony and the more than a half a dozen buildings ( total worth= millions?)that sit empty, tax free that he and his "church" already own. Go to work,Hage, get an hosest job. The judge is a good man.
ohio

Waverly, OH

#18 Jun 29, 2012
It is money grubbers like him to waste valuable time and money by taking up unnecessay time in the courts. The tax payer pays for in the end.
He can't stand the fact that his wife got the restraining order against him and he isn't able to talk about her illness. He probably wants to talk about it to scam some more money from his job at the church. Sympathy money.
Anyone can get a restraining order against someone else. He could bring in every person in WVa for his character witness. It will do no good unless they were there when the crime happened and were eye witnesses.
It is easy to see he is an abuser just by reading the past news articles about him He thinks he is God.
ohio

Waverly, OH

#19 Jun 29, 2012
Additionally, Hage says Watkins refused to listen to his pleas about getting Lillian treatment for her perceived hormonal and chemical imbalance. Instead, Hage says Watkins, in granting the protective order, prohibited him from discussing Lillian's medical condition with anyone until the order expires in 2030.
----------
See he can't discuss her medical condition until 2030. Now you tell me why he would even want to do such a thing to his wife. Go around talking about her to others about her medical history???
He is sick sick sick.
----------
http://www.wvrecord.com/news/243918-suit-accu...
Mindy

AOL

#21 Jun 30, 2012
Putnam Johnny wrote:
Watkins is a great man. This article is rubbish.
And you my dear friend, are just STUPID. Get your head out of the sand and see what is going on around you. Putnam Co. Courts are a JOKE - all of them.
Kim

AOL

#22 Jun 30, 2012
To "Putnam Johnny" - are you blind? or maybe just don't know any better. You do not have any good sense about you, you are a moran. Do your homework.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Additional charges filed against man accused of... Wed Birds Landing Bob 3
Man arrested after barricade in Bath County Sep 14 angeleyes 1
Survey: Vermont homeless population increases b... Sep 13 DrJohnGofman -Pro... 25
Women speak out on domestic abuse Sep 12 Joe Balls 6
Malorie Ferrell was shot multiple times in the ... Sep 11 Unknown 1
Bega arrest: man charged with 23 sex offences Sep 10 Roy the Boy 1
Rhasean Lowry, 34, Charged With Child Abuse And... Sep 9 True Spit 10
•••

Domestic Violence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••