Police: Junction City Baby Scalded In Bathtub By Stepfather

Oct 26, 2012 Full story: WIBW-TV Topeka 34

A Junction City man is facing child abuse and aggravated battery charges after police say he scalded his 10-month-old stepson in the bathtub.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grampa

Junction City, KS

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Within the brotherhood of man you will occasionally encounter that brother that is just begging to have his ass whipped.

As a man, you are obligated to assist him.
JCKs18

Junction City, KS

#2 Oct 28, 2012
This so-called soldier is a number one, PRIME example of the white trash (and other) Army garbage that Fort Riley has dumped into our midst over the last 2-3 years. I have another example of it in my neighborhood with a couple of military famlies living in one very small house, accompanied by several large dogs -- constantly barking and disturbing. Yet, we keep being told by our illustious Mayor, and others that think they are the owners of this town, that we MUST keep up our support and devotion to Fort Riley. I cannot do that anymore as, the geneal rule. I think many here are burned out on Fort Riley and the expense and trouble it causes these days in Junction City. I know the bashing will begin and to each his own comment. I will read them, laugh and not repond. But, my observations are correct!!
JC MAN

Manhattan, KS

#3 Oct 29, 2012
hey JCKs18, there are always gonna be dipshits like you that think that Army Personel are trash, just like there are some Army Personal that think JC is full of nothing but trash (that includes all races in JC)....my advice to you and anyone else that feels the same as dipshit..there are 2 major highways that head in 4 major directions, pick one and leave if you dont like JC and/or Ft. Riley
Concerned Citizen

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Oct 29, 2012
Grampa wrote:
Within the brotherhood of man you will occasionally encounter that brother that is just begging to have his ass whipped.
As a man, you are obligated to assist him.
The brother that is begging to have is ass whipped should be you for being stupid enough to believe what the media puts out. The media is making it all out to be that he purposely abused his son. What the media doesn't tell you is that the baby was joining his brother that was already in the bathtub playing. But the media doesn't want you to know the the truth. Only what they want you to know in order to make an innocent man hang for accident that I'm sure he isn't the only father in this world to make.
sam

Junction City, KS

#5 Oct 29, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The brother that is begging to have is ass whipped should be you for being stupid enough to believe what the media puts out. The media is making it all out to be that he purposely abused his son. What the media doesn't tell you is that the baby was joining his brother that was already in the bathtub playing. But the media doesn't want you to know the the truth. Only what they want you to know in order to make an innocent man hang for accident that I'm sure he isn't the only father in this world to make.
Okay...there was one child in the tub and then he puts the 10 month old in....SO...that makes it okay to scaled the child???? I am just trying to understand YOUR reasoning. Helps us out here.
sam

Junction City, KS

#6 Oct 29, 2012
Oops...made a typo there...should say "scald" not "scaled".
Grampa

Junction City, KS

#7 Oct 29, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Officials say Perry’s stepson was taken to Geary Community Hospital and then transferred to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City with second degree burns."

1. Second degree burns are caused by long term application of bare flesh to scalding water. What was the brother, a lobster?

2. The Officials who make medical judgements in such cases transferred the baby to Childrens Mercy in KC. I trust their judgement over yours, donkeybonker. But miraculously the older brother (who was playing in the water) had no wounds at all?

You, sir, are full of shytt and both you and this little b@sturde needs to have a man slap ya full and hard upside the head a couple hundred times.
Concerned Citizen

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Oct 30, 2012
Grampa wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Officials say Perry’s stepson was taken to Geary Community Hospital and then transferred to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City with second degree burns."
1. Second degree burns are caused by long term application of bare flesh to scalding water. What was the brother, a lobster?
2. The Officials who make medical judgements in such cases transferred the baby to Childrens Mercy in KC. I trust their judgement over yours, donkeybonker. But miraculously the older brother (who was playing in the water) had no wounds at all?
You, sir, are full of shytt and both you and this little b@sturde needs to have a man slap ya full and hard upside the head a couple hundred times.
And again beliveing what the media tells you. Have you no mind of your own. Yes the child was transferd to Childrens... Its a childrens hospital that specilizes in the treatment of children. And yes the older brother who was already in the water has no wounds. As the baby was put in the water with his brother he began to cry and was imediatly brought out of the water. So again before you go aroud offering "man slaps" try to get the real facts of what is really taking place in your own area. The corupt officials that are behind all this are taking accident and twisting it into everything thing that they can just to milk every penny and dime out of a young solider that they can. They dont care if they ruin his life, his wife's, or the two children's. All they care about is lining thier own dirty pockets.
Concerned Citizen

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Oct 30, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>Okay...there was one child in the tub and then he puts the 10 month old in....SO...that makes it okay to scaled the child???? I am just trying to understand YOUR reasoning. Helps us out here.
I'm not arguing the fact of the scalding. Yes the child was scalded by the bath water, and yes the the older brother was already in the bath water with no problems. What I am arguing is the fact that the CPS and the police are saying that the man intentionally scalded the child. And now he is facing criminal charges that have the potential to completely ruin his life. From the reports that I have read they are also labeling him an endangerment to all children, which means he won't even be allowed to walk into a McDonald's simply for the fact that there are children there. I want you to think about this one, If you and your child (if you have children) are out side and you are showing them how to climb a tree. If your child falls and breaks their leg, you can be charged with child abuse because you were the one encouraging them to be in danger. If an older sibling throws a toy a younger sibling and it leaves a mark, the parent can be charged. Spanking.... and this one takes the cake in my opinion. If you spank your child you can be prosecuted for child abuse.
agree

Junction City, KS

#10 Oct 30, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing the fact of the scalding. Yes the child was scalded by the bath water, and yes the the older brother was already in the bath water with no problems. What I am arguing is the fact that the CPS and the police are saying that the man intentionally scalded the child. And now he is facing criminal charges that have the potential to completely ruin his life. From the reports that I have read they are also labeling him an endangerment to all children, which means he won't even be allowed to walk into a McDonald's simply for the fact that there are children there. I want you to think about this one, If you and your child (if you have children) are out side and you are showing them how to climb a tree. If your child falls and breaks their leg, you can be charged with child abuse because you were the one encouraging them to be in danger. If an older sibling throws a toy a younger sibling and it leaves a mark, the parent can be charged. Spanking.... and this one takes the cake in my opinion. If you spank your child you can be prosecuted for child abuse.
sad but true.
Grampa

Junction City, KS

#11 Oct 31, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And again beliveing what the media tells you. Have you no mind of your own. Yes the child was transferd to Childrens... Its a childrens hospital that specilizes in the treatment of children. And yes the older brother who was already in the water has no wounds. As the baby was put in the water with his brother he began to cry and was imediatly brought out of the water. So again before you go aroud offering "man slaps" try to get the real facts of what is really taking place in your own area. The corupt officials that are behind all this are taking accident and twisting it into everything thing that they can just to milk every penny and dime out of a young solider that they can. They dont care if they ruin his life, his wife's, or the two children's. All they care about is lining thier own dirty pockets.
You're widdle soldier boy didn't do nothing, did he mamma?

He stuck his 10 month old stepson into a tub of water that was SO HOT it scalded the baby. And then he left him in there long enough to develop second degree burns severe enough that the baby had to be transported to a hospital specializing in burn care.

"...corupt officials that are behind all this..."

The evil is really the dozens of medical doctors, hospital care workers and social agency workers that treated the baby and are all out to get your widdle big man.

"All they care about is lining thier own dirty pockets."

Now how does that work? Dr. Burnbaum holding out his hand for a bribe or he'll tell on your boy? Inspector Jim needing his palm greased or your boy will do time for child abuse? LOL!

Were you also defending your baby boy as he hurt animals and pulled the wings off flies?
Something does not add up

Sun Prairie, WI

#12 Oct 31, 2012
If a son was already in the tub.....how can putting the 10 month old in the tub get scalded and the older one not.

Something isn't adding up. String the guy up!
Iditiot

Sun Prairie, WI

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You my dear sould is an IDIOT! Putting him in the tub where his brother was.....why didn't the brother get scalded. Looks like you are trying to cover up for the abuser.
U where there

Sun Prairie, WI

#14 Oct 31, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were there???? You must be the spouse of this idiot and covering up for him so you don't lose your military pay. No one is corrup but you and the abuser. Neither of you don't need kids.
Robert J

Junction City, KS

#15 Oct 31, 2012
If it`s not on FoxNews , it`s not true.
Rogets

Junction City, KS

#16 Oct 31, 2012
mil-billys

Noun

That collective group of uneducated, unwashed, low-class knuckle dragging volunteer soldiers that barely made it into the service and now drag down the concept of "modern soldier" due to their inability to behave in a standard human fashion.

Used in a sentence:

You gonna run to Walmart for that?

Hell no. It's military payday. The fking milbillys will be stinking up the place.
no doubt

Junction City, KS

#17 Nov 1, 2012
Rogets wrote:
mil-billys
Noun
That collective group of uneducated, unwashed, low-class knuckle dragging volunteer soldiers that barely made it into the service and now drag down the concept of "modern soldier" due to their inability to behave in a standard human fashion.
Used in a sentence:
Hell no. It's military payday. The fking milbillys will be stinking up the place.
They were all at the Sundown Salute , Mr. Jackson.

“Conscience of the Hearland”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#18 Nov 1, 2012
Rogets wrote:
mil-billys
Noun
Used in a sentence:
By any definition, that makes them to be persons of greater quality and morals than a scumbucket like you and the useless offspring you produced.
Concerned Citizen

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Nov 1, 2012
U where there wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were there???? You must be the spouse of this idiot and covering up for him so you don't lose your military pay. No one is corrup but you and the abuser. Neither of you don't need kids.
No I'm not the guys wife. Nor do I care about his mil pay. And no I was not there. But I have read the offical reports, And have seen this same type of thing enough times to make me sick.
Concerned Citizen

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Nov 1, 2012
Iditiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You my dear sould is an IDIOT! Putting him in the tub where his brother was.....why didn't the brother get scalded. Looks like you are trying to cover up for the abuser.
I am not covering for anyone. I would have to have some sort of personal gain in all this to cover up. I am really starting to wonder what is really going on the minds of you people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 men charged with incest (Apr '10) Dec 20 Kandi Kane 178
Mooreville mother jailed for child abuse Dec 20 Martha 1
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... Dec 19 Observer 18
Black Women's Roundtable Releases Statement Hig... Dec 19 PERVY 1
Police: Fernley mother stabbed sleeping son (Nov '10) Dec 19 truthmongerdotinfo 8
Sheriff's Captain Behind Bard for Alleged Child... Dec 17 Duck Caller 1
Cops: Two arrested for putting boy in dress as ... Dec 13 barbj 1
More from around the web