Child Abuse and The Watchtower

Child Abuse and The Watchtower

There are 142 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Child Abuse and The Watchtower. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Jehovah's Witnesses have received global media attention for their child protection policies, which put children at risk and serve to protect pedophiles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Serious Questioner

London, UK

#65 Jul 20, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who is disassociated from the world wide congregation and the one truth of Jehovah God, has made the decision to return to this world, same as a cleaned pig that has returned to wallow in the mud.
2Peter 2:22
This world and all the false doctrines the many different Churches teach will soon be gone from this earth forever, and so will every person that refuses to obey the Law of Christ as it is taught by Jehovah's witnesses.
Isaiah 48:17,18
One of Jesus comments was that true Christians will be known by the love they show for others. I see no evidence of anything remotely resembling love in anything you post. Therefore, you are obviously not living according to the law of Christ, as you wrote, and will suffer the consequences.

SQ
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#66 Jul 21, 2013
Serious Questioner wrote:
<quoted text>
One of Jesus comments was that true Christians will be known by the love they show for others. I see no evidence of anything remotely resembling love in anything you post. Therefore, you are obviously not living according to the law of Christ, as you wrote, and will suffer the consequences.
SQ
I reflect the view of our King Jesus, who is now ruling over his loyal subjects, not this world, yet. That means that you are outside and remain outside unless you accept and obey the requirements necessary for your survival. John 3:36

You are looking for love in my posts, I am showing love to my fellowman by being here to help those who want the Truth. If you are content with what you know to be truth, then you should be happy. Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, must know, love and serve Jehovah God, Jesus said that, no me.
Matthew 22:37-39

You do not know, love or serve Jehovah God, that would take a Scriptural education and only taught by Jehovah's witnesses. When a person turns his back on this education or fights against the Scriptural direction given by spiritual men taking the lead, they are rejecting the only way to their survival, they will be destroyed at Armageddon.
Revelation 22: 15

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
One of Jesus comments was that true Christians will be known by the love they show for others.
Love among themselves:

*** John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#68 Jul 21, 2013

Location hidden

#69 Jul 21, 2013
Prov 8:13 The fear of Jehovah detests all injustice, as well as insolence and pride, and ways that are leading to evil… He hates the perversions of men who are bad.
dee lightful

Stanley, NC

#70 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I reflect the view of our King Jesus, who is now ruling over his loyal subjects, not this world, yet. That means that you are outside and remain outside unless you accept and obey the requirements necessary for your survival. John 3:36
You are looking for love in my posts, I am showing love to my fellowman by being here to help those who want the Truth. If you are content with what you know to be truth, then you should be happy. Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, must know, love and serve Jehovah God, Jesus said that, no me.
You do not know, love or serve Jehovah God, that would take a Scriptural education and only taught by Jehovah's witnesses. When a person turns his back on this education or fights against the Scriptural direction given by spiritual men taking the lead, they are rejecting the only way to their survival, they will be destroyed at Armageddon.
Where is the scripture that says you must follow men of the WTS who lied and said they were necessary for salvation?
You need to stop following liars in order to be a true Christian witness for you are not following Christ but men who lie.You cannot have two masters. Matt 6:24.
You are either follow Christ or you follow an org of men of the WTS
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#71 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Where do any of the Scriptures you cited say anything remotely resembling your comments?

False Unchristian witness said:
"That means that you are outside and remain outside unless you accept and obey the requirements necessary for your survival. John 3:36"

John 3:36 says:
The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.

"Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, must know, love and serve Jehovah God, Jesus said that, no me.
Matthew 22:37-39"

Matthew 22:37-39 says:
He said to him,“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

"You do not know, love or serve Jehovah God, that would take a Scriptural education and only taught by Jehovah's witnesses. When a person turns his back on this education or fights against the Scriptural direction given by spiritual men taking the lead, they are rejecting the only way to their survival, they will be destroyed at Armageddon.
Revelation 22:15"

Revelation 22:15 says:
Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

Revelation 22:14 says:
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.

I have one question for the JW's on this board...

How does a person who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#72 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No it isn't. That site is administered by a fanatical jw who posts on here, and merely states what the watchtower would like us to believe regarding their handling of child abuse cases.
The real story is here:
http://www.silentlambs.org/
SQ
103 Bible Verses about Obeying Authority
http://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_auth...

As a gay man and a Christian it sickens me to hear and read all the vile posts that claim I molest children while the churches of these same people HIDE child molesters and obstruct the police investigating these instances.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#73 Jul 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>103 Bible Verses about Obeying Authority
http://www.openbible.info/topics/obeying_auth...
As a gay man and a Christian it sickens me to hear and read all the vile posts that claim I molest children while the churches of these same people HIDE child molesters and obstruct the police investigating these instances.
I think the Jehovah'sWitness cult does this to try and lessen the crime of those who sexually assault children, and lump it with being gay.
There are plenty of gay Jehovah's Witnesses which is their choice to be in the stupid cult, many of them get guilted into living at Bethel where they can have lots of homosexual sex, but must agree to work for the WBTS as slaves, to atone for their "sins". Again, this is an adult choice.

Jehovah's Witnesses also like to dress up their children as mini adults, and their culture has ZERO respect for the rights of any child to a safe and happy childhood.

If a child is sexually assaulted by a male Jehovah's Witness, the Jehovah's Witnesses will always side with the pedophile, and blame the child.

There is absolutely no correlation between being homosexual and being a criminal who sexually assaults children.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#74 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I reflect the view of our King Jesus,5
ROTFLMAO!!
You reflect the "view" of your evil governing demons who protect men who sexually assault children!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#75 Jul 21, 2013
hMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Jehovah'sWitness cult does this to try and lessen the crime of those who sexually assault children, and lump it with being gay.
There are plenty of gay Jehovah's Witnesses which is their choice to be in the stupid cult, many of them get guilted into living at Bethel where they can have lots of homosexual sex, but must agree to work for the WBTS as slaves, to atone for their "sins". Again, this is an adult choice.
Jehovah's Witnesses also like to dress up their children as mini adults, and their culture has ZERO respect for the rights of any child to a safe and happy childhood.
If a child is sexually assaulted by a male Jehovah's Witness, the Jehovah's Witnesses will always side with the pedophile, and blame the child.
There is absolutely no correlation between being homosexual and being a criminal who sexually assaults children.
Crowds cheering your response:

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#76 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes I see you preach but not practice Matthew 25:31-46.

I've studied the Bible. I had to out of self defense from folks like you.

I'm a Christian and Gay. And you can have your heaven full of bigots. I'll pass thanks.

“GOD is LOVE”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#77 Dec 25, 2013
Here is another video with some information about the pedophilia problem in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and the dishonest way the governing body deals with it:

Location hidden

#78 Dec 26, 2013
JustAnotherChildOfGod wrote:
Here is another video with some information about the pedophilia problem in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and the dishonest way the governing body deals with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3l25-MbvQyQXX
interesting video, and very on the mark, the WT does not care about children, nor do they care about the elders, they use them to protect the organization, 1984 orwell. the party come first, and what the party says is final or else.

The GB do not and have never cared about children they will write in mags about caring and as this chap said the secrecy is to remain secret, the policy does not mention anything about what real.

The fact that lives have been destroyed is of not interest to the GB, they are only interested in preserving their image, and themselves, while the elders take the heat, and that is their choice, I dont feel sorry for the elders either, I use to but NO they chose to protect a pedophile over a child. Imagine having shepherds like this, to go to for protection, they will go straight to the bethel lawyers to be instructed on what to do, nothing to do with the bible and obeying the superior authorities at all, or protecting the child, they have to live with it.

But what goes round come round. they have no fear of Jehovah, only fear of being exposed, and blamed, no fear God is watching, they are a disgrace to his name, and Christ would be wiping his hands of the lot of them.

WTBTS is a corrupt money making organization using others to keep them afloat and hiding and lying the truth from those that trust them. EVIL AND FROM THE DEVIL

Location hidden

#79 Dec 26, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Love among themselves:
*** John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
where is the love among themselves when elders do not take the lead, they do not protect the children, but opt out to obey the GB on standing by pedophiles in court.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#80 Dec 26, 2013
array wrote:
where is the love among themselves when elders do not take the lead, they do not protect the children, but opt out to obey the GB on standing by pedophiles in court.
Standing by the sanctity clergy privilege has nothing to do with standing by pedophiles of any other criminal. It is a separate principle.

Jehovah's Witnesses will and do always cooperate with the courts when ordered to do so. They leave it up to the courts to decide is clergy privilege applies or not.

Take the case of Gordon Leighton in the UK. The elders completely cooperated with the court in revealing privileged information when ordered to do so by the court.

As a result of their cooperation the pedophile was imprisoned for many years.

But AS WE KNOW the anti-JW haters are spinning the fact that the elders stood up for the sanctity of clergy privilege as them wanting to "protect the pedophile". The real reason is simply that they felt duty bount to uphold the sanctity of clergy privilege for its own sake.

It is not dissimilar from a doctor treating pedophile. Just because the doctor treats the pedophile that does NOT mean that he likes the pedophile or that he has any desire to protect the pedophile. He is simply honoring what he considers his sacred duty as a doctor.

But because we all love doctors there are no groups out there trying to stir up hatred against doctors for treating pedophile patients.

Not so with Jehovah's Witnesses. The hate groups are using their sense of duty to the sanctity of clergy privilege as an excuse incite other people to hate them.

There is currently a nasty menacing video on youtube encouraging people to hate certain elders, who claimed clergy privilege, and to commit violence against them - EVEN THOUGH THEY FULLY COOPERATED WHEN ORDERED TO DO SO.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#81 Dec 26, 2013
FIX ERRORS:
array wrote:
Standing by the sanctity of clergy privilege has nothing to do with 'standing by pedophiles' or any other criminal.

It is a separate principle.

Jehovah's Witnesses will and do always cooperate with the courts when ordered to do so. They leave it up to the courts to decide if clergy privilege applies or not.

Take the case of Gordon Leighton in the UK. The elders completely cooperated with the court in revealing privileged information when ordered to do so by the court.

As a result of their cooperation the pedophile was imprisoned for many years.

But AS WE KNOW the anti-JW haters are spinning the fact that the elders stood up for the sanctity of clergy privilege to make it look like thet WANTED to "protect the pedophile". The real reason is simply that they felt duty bound to uphold the sanctity of clergy privilege for its own sake. There is no evidence that they WANTED the pedophile to escape justice.

It is not dissimilar from a doctor treating pedophile. Just because the doctor treats the pedophile that does NOT mean that he likes the pedophile or that he has any desire to protect the pedophile. He is simply honouring what he considers his sacred duty as a doctor.

But because we all love doctors there are no hate groups out there trying to stir up trouble against doctors for treating pedophile patients.

Not so with Jehovah's Witnesses. The hate groups are using the elders' sense of duty to stand by the sanctity of clergy privilege as an excuse incite other people to hate them.

There is currently a nasty menacing video on youtube encouraging people to hate certain elders, who claimed clergy privilege, and to commit violence against them - EVEN THOUGH THEY FULLY COOPERATED WHEN ORDERED TO DO SO.

Location hidden

#82 Dec 26, 2013
aneirn supports the elders and GB to neglect the child and stand in defence for pedophiles.

There is nothing in their policy about made public to JW about going to bethel lawyers and following their instuctions on HOW to protect the organziation from being exposed, also on how to protect the GB failed rules which resulted in children being abused by KNOW child molesters.

Now to cover their tracks they take the stand and stand by the pedophile by GB secret directions through their lawyers.

Aneirin has no concern for victims and stands by child molesters, would take the stand and not defend those he has been intrusted to protect, but rather disobey the authorities and publicly disgrace Gods name and lie for an organzation that is to blame.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#83 Dec 26, 2013
JustAnotherChildOfGod wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3l25-MbvQyQXX
This guy who made this video is just using poor child victims to further his personal agenda of hatred against Jehovah's Witnesses. He clearly WANTS people to commit acts of violence against those elders which is why he is naming them and putting the idea into people's heads that they can be "got at" where they work.

It is a disgusting video inciting religious hatred and acts of violence while PRETENDING to be about caring for children.

The man makes a lot of completely unsubstantiated claims to promote a "conspiracy theory" with the Watchtower Society that doesn't exist.

The ONLY thing of substance here is the fact that three elders stood by what they believe to be the sanctity of clergy privilege and when it was ruled that such privilege did not apply they fully cooperated with the courts.

Haters will ALWAYS use CHILDREN to further their agenda of spreading hate.

They use child victims because they know people get so angry and emotional over it that they stop thinking rationally. That makes them more susceptible to believe whatever boat-load of lies the haters slip in alongside the grains of truth that their propaganda is hinged upon.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#84 Dec 26, 2013
array wrote:
aneirn supports the elders and GB to neglect the child and stand in defence for pedophiles.
This is their CLASSIC response to try to brand anyone who exposes their agenda and who sticks up for logic and reason and justice as somehow in league with the pedophiles.
array wrote:
There is nothing in their policy about made public to JW about going to bethel lawyers and following their instuctions on HOW to protect the organziation from being exposed, also on how to protect the GB failed rules which resulted in children being abused by KNOW child molesters.
That is because that is NOT what happens.

The reason the elders go to the WTS lawyers is so that the case is handled properly and according to the law. It helps prevent elders from handling these sensitive cases badly and from making mistakes.
array wrote:
Now to cover their tracks they take the stand and stand by the pedophile by GB secret directions through their lawyers.
You see these people have to encourage people to believe there are "secret directions" because they have NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for their false claims. They have a tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory and NOTHING to prove. So they spout propaganda hinting at "secret instructions" that only exist in their imaginations.

When they say "secret instructions" what they REALLY means is "we have no evidence".
array wrote:
Aneirin has no concern for victims and stands by child molesters, would take the stand and not defend those he has been intrusted to protect, but rather disobey the authorities and publicly disgrace Gods name and lie for an organzation that is to blame.
Again with the personal slander.

I, as would every Jehovah's Witnesses elder, would do their utmost to protect children. Who wouldn't?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Children's Mercy Hospital Honored for Combating... Jun 25 Nmc 2
News Mother lets son drive golf cart at resort, gets... Jun 18 Sundancerr2004 4
News East Tenn. mom charged with abuse for allegedly... (Aug '14) Jun 18 Worley 8
News Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Jun 14 Oneangrygodmother 44
News Sikeston man arrested on child abuse charges Jun 11 guest 2
News Amber Heard's ex-girlfriend defends her over as... Jun 9 Here is what I 1
News N.Y. pol claims bishop bribed her to give up ch... Jun 7 I am right 1
More from around the web