Child Abuse and The Watchtower

Child Abuse and The Watchtower

There are 142 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Child Abuse and The Watchtower. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Jehovah's Witnesses have received global media attention for their child protection policies, which put children at risk and serve to protect pedophiles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#24 Jul 12, 2013
Serious Questioner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when I posted this, the thought occurred to me that Aneirin might answer in this way, but then I thought, he's an adult, and only childish people would use such reasoning.
Well Aneirin, I obviously overestimated your intelligence. There is a thread asking how old you are, and one poster suggested 12. Your reply is something a 12 year old might make, so maybe he's right.
Those links I posted were of newspaper reports about Jehovah's witnesses who went to prison having been found guilty of child sexual abuse. They are the tip of the iceberg, there are plenty more. You may not wish to acknowledge the fact, or maybe you dare not, but, unlike you, courts uphold the law, not the views of people like yourself, and send child abusers to jail, whatever religion they belong to.
SQ
If you mean "Jehovah's Witnesses" you should not say "Watchtower".

I mean are you not smart enough to tell the difference?

My job is to show people the truth. Your job is to hide the truth, which is why you say "Watchtower" when you mean "Jehovah's Witnesses".

There is nothing childish about exposing the truth.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#25 Jul 12, 2013
array wrote:
<quoted text>"The righteous one is knowing the legal claim of the lowly ones. He that is wicked does not consider such knowledge." -(Prov29:7)
"The righteous understands the cause of the poor, but the wicked is unconcerned." -
*** Ps 34:13 Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking lies.

Phat chance.
Serious Questioner

London, UK

#26 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
My job is to show people the truth. Your job is to hide the truth, which is why you say "Watchtower" when you mean "Jehovah's Witnesses".
You knew very well what I meant. And to show people the truth, you have to know it first, which you clearly don't know.

By the way Aneirin, are you born again? If not, you can't really know anything about God's Kingdom, according to Jesus. Therefore, without being born again, you surely cannot know the truth, so how can you show it to anyone else?

Now there was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (a leader, an authority) among the Jews,

2 Who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know and are certain that You have come from God [as] a Teacher; for no one can do these signs (these wonderworks, these miracles—and produce the proofs) that You do unless God is with him.

3 Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.

John 3: 1-3 Amplified Bible

SQ
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#27 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you are an agent of the WBTS, and you are actually being paid (free room and board at least) to come on this forum and promote the agenda and propaganda of the WBTS.
Boy, I thought that was forbidden by Topix.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#28 Jul 12, 2013
Well Aneirin
If you want to continue to believe the watchtower's lies, that's your right Don't expect to convince anyone on here.
You said that you are not of a single instance of child abuse in the watchtower. Well, I'll help you, click these if you dare.
http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/94886...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/497...
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/...
All newspaper articles about jw abusers getting their just desserts.
SQ
Very telling that as usual Anerin (who is an unpaid slave of the Watchtower) plays semantics, instead of addressing the fact the Jehovah's Witness cult is a pedophile paradise.
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#29 Jul 12, 2013
hMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you are an agent of the WBTS, and you are actually being paid (free room and board at least) to come on this forum and promote the agenda and propaganda of the WBTS.
Boy, I thought that was forbidden by Topix.
For years, RBR and I have been saying that he is the Watchtower's wench.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#30 Jul 12, 2013
You knew very well what I meant.
I spoke accurately whereas you spoke inaccurately and I'm the bad guy...?
And to show people the truth, you have to know it first, which you clearly don't know.
Yet I spoke the truth and you got it wrong.
By the way Aneirin, are you born again? If not, you can't really know anything about God's Kingdom, according to Jesus. Therefore, without being born again, you surely cannot know the truth, so how can you show it to anyone else?
Now there was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (a leader, an authority) among the Jews,
2 Who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know and are certain that You have come from God [as] a Teacher; for no one can do these signs (these wonderworks, these miracles—and produce the proofs) that You do unless God is with him.
3 Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.
John 3: 1-3 Amplified Bible
SQ
You are clearly NOT "born again" even if you think you are. So, by your own reasoning you know nothing of the truth.
Serious Questioner

London, UK

#31 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke accurately whereas you spoke inaccurately and I'm the bad guy...?
<quoted text>
Yet I spoke the truth and you got it wrong.
<quoted text>
You are clearly NOT "born again" even if you think you are. So, by your own reasoning you know nothing of the truth.
In your opinion, that's all it is, and I don't value that at all. As for who spoke the truth, well, that's a matter of opinion as well, and we obviously differ there.

By the way, I didn't ask for opinion as to whether I am born again or not, I asked you if you are, so would you care to answer my question rather than posting your opinion of me?

SQ
becky joe

Wausau, WI

#32 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Phat chance.
Take your own advice Gareth ,you Don't speak truth ,all you ever do is CUT And PASTE the dangerous Cults FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS And DOCTRINES ,how is that PROVING the truth ?
You NEVER have back up with any Literature that you actually STUDIED from and Not JWS materials either ,I mean SOLID PROOF with Literature from other WELL CERTIFIED and CREDIBLE people who have knowledge in this cult !!

Your really not to bright Gareth as for you posting the SAME Jws FALSIFIED ,MISLEADING ,LYING ,MANMADE GARBAGE materials to read shows and PROVES your not educated enough to even defend this dangerous cult of jws..

Nobody is interested in this Cult materials that we had ourselves UNTIL we burned and threw away All The DANGEROUS CULTS MATERIALS and replaced them with real Christian materials ...

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#33 Jul 12, 2013
As for who spoke the truth, well, that's a matter of opinion as well, and we obviously differ there.
It is certainly NOT a matter of opinion.

The Watchtower is a publishing company in New York. That is a hard fact, not open to "opinion".

Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT the "Watchtower".

Plain truth not open to negotiation.
Serious Questioner

London, UK

#34 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Watchtower is a publishing company in New York. That is a hard fact, not open to "opinion".
Still avoiding the question of whether you are born again I see, Aneirin. Are you? The Bible says you need to be

1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, Nic&#8231;o&#8231;de &#8242;mus was his name, a ruler of the Jews.2This one came to him in the night and said to him:“Rabbi, we know that you as a teacher have come from God; for no one can perform these signs that you perform unless God is with him.”3In answer Jesus said to him:“Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

John 3:1-3 NWT

You see, even the Watchtower Society's own Bible says it!

SQ
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#35 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
When a Jehovah's Witness tells his local congregation that he will not have anything to do with the Watchtower Society, including reading or distributing its literature from that moment onward IS HE STILL CONSIDERED A Jehovah's Witness by the local congregation?

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#36 Jul 12, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
When a Jehovah's Witness tells his local congregation that he will not have anything to do with the Watchtower Society, including reading or distributing its literature from that moment onward IS HE STILL CONSIDERED A Jehovah's Witness by the local congregation?
I don't see why not. But he would definitely have to be a total and utter weirdo.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#37 Jul 12, 2013
becky joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your own advice Gareth ,you Don't speak truth ,all you ever do is CUT And PASTE the dangerous Cults FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS And DOCTRINES ,how is that PROVING the truth ?
You NEVER have back up with any Literature that you actually STUDIED from and Not JWS materials either ,I mean SOLID PROOF with Literature from other WELL CERTIFIED and CREDIBLE people who have knowledge in this cult !!
Your really not to bright Gareth as for you posting the SAME Jws FALSIFIED ,MISLEADING ,LYING ,MANMADE GARBAGE materials to read shows and PROVES your not educated enough to even defend this dangerous cult of jws..
Nobody is interested in this Cult materials that we had ourselves UNTIL we burned and threw away All The DANGEROUS CULTS MATERIALS and replaced them with real Christian materials ...
Are you on drugs?
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#38 Jul 12, 2013
oops i think gareth finally made a mistake and let everyone know he really is a big wig in the org... wow.... now what gareth? go back to the big shots in NY and say oops i made a mistake and said.... and those who were real jws picked up on it...and to ask someone if they are on drugs. how mean is that
now we know you are a big shot in the org.. thanks...
Honesty

Miami, FL

#39 Jul 12, 2013
hMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Very telling that as usual Anerin (who is an unpaid slave of the Watchtower) plays semantics, instead of addressing the fact the Jehovah's Witness cult is a pedophile paradise.
Sorry but if you are here to claim things do it with evidence and facts not hate sites that are poorly informed And repect anerin the poster is twice the man you are
UNchained

Louisville, TN

#40 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why not. But he would definitely have to be a total and utter weirdo.
I personally know 3 JW's who did that.

Within a week their names were announced from the platform between the "Announcements" and the "Service Meeting" by the Secretary that they were no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#41 Jul 12, 2013
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know 3 JW's who did that.
Within a week their names were announced from the platform between the "Announcements" and the "Service Meeting" by the Secretary that they were no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Like your word is trustworthy...

I bet more was involved. But UNchained is never going to tell the whole truth here.

In fact UNchained doesn't even know the whole truth here because the judicial meetings are private. He has no idea WHY they were disfellowshipped.
Serious Questioner

London, UK

#42 Jul 13, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your word is trustworthy...
I bet more was involved. But UNchained is never going to tell the whole truth here.
In fact UNchained doesn't even know the whole truth here because the judicial meetings are private. He has no idea WHY they were disfellowshipped.
I'd believe Unchained in front of you any day, he knows more about the truth than you will ever know, unless of course you unlock your mind and see the watchtower society's writings for the half-truths and outright lies they really are.

You just can't bear anyone having an opinion that disagrees with yours, so when someone dares to challenge you, you then resort to insults. I was told, when I was a jw, that the true Christian congregation would be known for showing love. Well, I haven't seen much evidence of it in anything you've written on here.

By the way, you seem determined to avoid answering this question, but I'll give you another chance. You claim that I am not born again, although you don't put forward a convincing argument as to why you say so.

Are you born again Aneirin?

SQ

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#43 Jul 13, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Phat chance.
where are the lies, show them!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Arrested After Domestic Violence and Pursuit Aug 18 Bradleyjacksonisa... 3
News Deputies: Toddler's hospital visit revealed sig... Aug 15 Watching 3
News Kansas man gets 50-year term for sex abuse of c... (Feb '11) Aug 11 FUEVERYONE 13
News Osceola Mills Child Abuse Case Called "Worst" D... Aug 7 DERRT 11
News The Casey Anthony trial is dissected again in a... Aug 7 Notorious 34
News Albuquerque man accused of abusing baby release... Aug 7 tas 3
News Indiana changes child abuse reporting procedures Aug 6 lowpreople 1
More from around the web