Child Abuse and The Watchtower

Jul 8, 2013 Full story: Free Republic 134

Jehovah's Witnesses have received global media attention for their child protection policies, which put children at risk and serve to protect pedophiles.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#1 Jul 8, 2013
Try to refute that, Jehovah's Witnesses.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#2 Jul 8, 2013
it has to be made public more and more
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#3 Jul 9, 2013
The Watchtower's best PR reps who usually handled threads like this disappeared about 2 weeks ago when they found out they are about to be sued for defamation of character.

It is obvious that the other TOPIX JW's haven't been educated by the society on techniques to use when threads of this nature arrive on their front doorsteps.
Serious Questioner

Derby, UK

#5 Jul 11, 2013
Billy wrote:
The real story about the Jehovah's Witness child abuse issue is here.
http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.ht...
No it isn't. That site is administered by a fanatical jw who posts on here, and merely states what the watchtower would like us to believe regarding their handling of child abuse cases.

The real story is here:

http://www.silentlambs.org/

SQ

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 11, 2013
UNchained wrote:
Try to refute that, Jehovah's Witnesses.
Its the same old BS that has been refuted years ago.

unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#9 Jul 11, 2013
how would you know aneirin gareth> your not a jw unless your a liar
no REAL JWs

Wausau, WI

#10 Jul 11, 2013
unlisted wrote:
how would you know aneirin gareth> your not a jw unless your a liar
He is not a Jws,and he's is a Liar ....

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11 Jul 11, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
show a link to a WT article that says the same thing, thridwitness is an apologist for the Wt only, and nothing more.
becky joe

Wausau, WI

#12 Jul 11, 2013
I myself have witnessed a lot of physical child abuse in many different kingdom halls ..
Even to the point of having to report a case to the authorities and all children were removed immediately out of the home of these jws and they were charged with many crimes against the children .
This is a very common thing among the many halls I visited ...
I gave so many dirty looks at sisters who abused their children ...
I hardly ever allowed a jws to care for my daughter because I couldn't trust them that they wouldn't hurt my child also.
One thing was weird in that I never heard of child molestation going on,they were real secretive about this issue .. Found that kind of errieeeee.
Serious Questioner

Derby, UK

#13 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
If it had been refuted, why are jws still going to prison for abusing children? Why do people like Candace Conti take the org to court? If the watchtower were open about this, then there would be no need for court cases or sites like Silent Lambs.

The fact is, the watchtower say one thing but do another. You can say ex and current jws who report the abuse they suffered to the authorities are liars, but that isn't what the courts are saying, and jws are still going to prison for their crimes.

Child abuse problems is, of course, not restricted to the watchtower. In the church I attend, we have had to deal with such problems in the past, and everyone in any leadership position must undergo a CRB check, which would reveal any offenses of any kind, before they are appointed. The watchtower may have introduced this, I wouldn't know, but f they haven't then it's time they did.

The watchtower has been known, whether the jw apologists on here acknowledge it or not, to have actively attempted to conceal abuse cases. There are plenty of examples of this on Silent Lambs, in fact it's why the site was set up. If the watchtower ever becomes open about its child abuse issues, then SL won't be needed, but I very much doubt that that day is coming ay time soon.

http://www.silentlambs.org/

SQ

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#14 Jul 12, 2013
Serious Questioner wrote:
If it had been refuted, why are jws still going to prison for abusing children?
Because this has nothing to do with their being paedophiles among Jehovah's Witnesses. This is about child protection policies.
Why do people like Candace Conti take the org to court?
Greed and the lust for money.
If the watchtower were open about this, then there would be no need for court cases or sites like Silent Lambs.
That's what anti-JW hate-sites like silent lambs want people to believe.
The fact is, the watchtower say one thing but do another. You can say ex and current jws who report the abuse they suffered to the authorities are liars,
No one is saying that. Of course some people get abused. No one denies that.
but that isn't what the courts are saying, and jws are still going to prison for their crimes.
Yes, indeed they are. But this is still irrelevant to the point.
Child abuse problems is, of course, not restricted to the watchtower.
I am not aware of a single instance of Child abuse in the Watchtower.
In the church I attend, we have had to deal with such problems in the past, and everyone in any leadership position must undergo a CRB check, which would reveal any offenses of any kind, before they are appointed. The watchtower may have introduced this, I wouldn't know, but f they haven't then it's time they did.
The vast majority of child abusers have no previous criminal record. Having CRB checks can therefore give people a false sense of security since most child abusers would have passed the CRB test with flying colours.

There is no substitute for actually looking after your children.
The watchtower has been known, whether the jw apologists on here acknowledge it or not, to have actively attempted to conceal abuse cases.
That is what anti-JW hate-sites like silent lambs want people to believe but I have seen no evidence of this.
There are plenty of examples of this on Silent Lambs,
Yet not a single successful court case. Funny that.
in fact it's why the site was set up.
No, it was set up to attack Jehovah's Witnesses.
If the watchtower ever becomes open about its child abuse issues, then SL won't be needed, but I very much doubt that that day is coming ay time soon.
The Watchtower is not going to spread lies about itself the way silent lambs spreads lies about it.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#15 Jul 12, 2013
becky joe wrote:
I myself have witnessed a lot of physical child abuse in many different kingdom halls ..
Even to the point of having to report a case to the authorities and all children were removed immediately out of the home of these jws and they were charged with many crimes against the children .
This is a very common thing among the many halls I visited ...
I gave so many dirty looks at sisters who abused their children ...
I hardly ever allowed a jws to care for my daughter because I couldn't trust them that they wouldn't hurt my child also.
One thing was weird in that I never heard of child molestation going on,they were real secretive about this issue .. Found that kind of errieeeee.
Most Jehovah's Witness women abuse their children? That sounds very convincing. I believe every word.

I am sure you are not telling any lies here at all.

And I am sure the fact that you have a religious agenda against Jehovah's Witnesses is not influencing your "story" at all.
Serious Questioner

Derby, UK

#16 Jul 12, 2013
Well Aneirin

If you want to continue to believe the watchtower's lies, that's your right Don't expect to convince anyone on here.

You said that you are not of a single instance of child abuse in the watchtower. Well, I'll help you, click these if you dare.

http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/94886...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/497...

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/...

All newspaper articles about jw abusers getting their just desserts.

SQ

Location hidden

#17 Jul 12, 2013
Well Aneirin
If you want to continue to believe the watchtower's lies, that's your right Don't expect to convince anyone on here.
You said that you are not of a single instance of child abuse in the watchtower. Well, I'll help you, click these if you dare.
SQ
and these are the ones we know about, for such a small denomiation as JW the child abuse issue is far greater than one would think, and its the policy of the WT that have made it easy for pedophiles to exist among a trusting so called spiritual paradise. But they are being exposed and all the GB/FDS are worried about is apostates, calling them mentally diseased while they sAy nothing about the problems of child sexual abuse within.

“Paradise Earth”

Location hidden

#18 Jul 12, 2013
Well Aneirin
SQ
None of those occurred in the Watchtower.

The Watchtower is a publishing company in New York.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
they occured within the congregation of the so called spirtual paradise in a so called trusting environment, where innocent children were put at risk by the GB/FDS policies that failed to protect innocent JW children, and of course you think everything is ideal as long as no body knows the truth, and when that truth comes out you make excuses, no you don't really care about JW your only concern is about the image of the organization.
Serious Questioner

Derby, UK

#20 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when I posted this, the thought occurred to me that Aneirin might answer in this way, but then I thought, he's an adult, and only childish people would use such reasoning.
Well Aneirin, I obviously overestimated your intelligence. There is a thread asking how old you are, and one poster suggested 12. Your reply is something a 12 year old might make, so maybe he's right.
Those links I posted were of newspaper reports about Jehovah's witnesses who went to prison having been found guilty of child sexual abuse. They are the tip of the iceberg, there are plenty more. You may not wish to acknowledge the fact, or maybe you dare not, but, unlike you, courts uphold the law, not the views of people like yourself, and send child abusers to jail, whatever religion they belong to.
SQ
becky joe

Wausau, WI

#21 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Jehovah's Witness women abuse their children? That sounds very convincing. I believe every word.
I am sure you are not telling any lies here at all.
And I am sure the fact that you have a religious agenda against Jehovah's Witnesses is not influencing your "story" at all.
Since when is stating FACTS That WERE PROVEN ,even in our local newspaper considered "attacks "? This is your BIASED OPINION Not A FACT ...
You mean each and every time PROOF has been shown and posted to HELP JWS GAIN THEIR OWN BRAIN BACK and help them escape this dangerous cult ,your saying it's a ATTACK ? Then if proof posted is considered a ATTACK by your opinion only ,then why do You ASK For PROOF if your considering proof as ATTACKS ?

You are one messed up dude ,you make absolutely no sense and CONTRADICTING YOURSELF in your own BIASED OPINION !

Are you really that uneducated that you don't know the real true meaning of the word ATTACK ? You really need a strong education as this jws forum has got you insane ...

Do yourself a favor and look up the word ATTACK and I can bet ya there will be no mention of a person showing proof on a dangerous cult of jws site !

hahahaha
lololololol

Where did I ever say I am against jws? proof please ! Those are Your FALSIFIED And BIASED OPINION ,not to be confused with the real facts that in my area Most jws mothers DO INDEED ABUSE THEIR CHILDREN ..I didn't say all but yes most of what me and my daughter along with other bible studies did witness this terrible abuse ,even to the point a few bible studies STOPPED THEIR STUDIES because they were appalled at what we all witnessed ..

Don't care if your so weak and brainwashed that you can't differentiate truth from a lie,not my turn to babysit your opinions Gareth ...

Location hidden

#22 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
"The righteous one is knowing the legal claim of the lowly ones. He that is wicked does not consider such knowledge." -(Prov29:7)

"The righteous understands the cause of the poor, but the wicked is unconcerned." -

Location hidden

#23 Jul 12, 2013
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this has nothing to do with their being paedophiles among Jehovah's Witnesses. This is about child protection policies.
<quoted text>
Greed and the lust for money.
<quoted text>
That's what anti-JW hate-sites like silent lambs want people to believe.
<quoted text>
No one is saying that. Of course some people get abused. No one denies that.
<quoted text>
Yes, indeed they are. But this is still irrelevant to the point.
<quoted text>
I am not aware of a single instance of Child abuse in the Watchtower.
<quoted text>
The vast majority of child abusers have no previous criminal record. Having CRB checks can therefore give people a false sense of security since most child abusers would have passed the CRB test with flying colours.
There is no substitute for actually looking after your children.
<quoted text>
That is what anti-JW hate-sites like silent lambs want people to believe but I have seen no evidence of this.
<quoted text>
Yet not a single successful court case. Funny that.
<quoted text>
No, it was set up to attack Jehovah's Witnesses.
<quoted text>
The Watchtower is not going to spread lies about itself the way silent lambs spreads lies about it.
"The righteous one is knowing the legal claim of the lowly ones. He that is wicked does not consider such knowledge." -(Prov29:7)

"The righteous understands the cause of the poor, but the wicked is unconcerned." -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man charged with child abuse for alleged inappr... (May '11) Mon hatechildmolesters 19
Man arrested after trying to handcuff 14-year-o... (Mar '14) Mon voter 28
Knoxville victim opens up on why it is difficul... Sep 25 David HAWK wifeBe... 1
My recovery from abuse Sep 24 Kingartoro 1
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... Sep 23 Gremlin 17
Obama rolls out "It's On Us" initiative to comb... Sep 22 Aprilvue 19
Lawmakers: Judge in abuse case should resign Sep 20 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1

Domestic Violence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE