Former principal acquitted on abuse c...

Former principal acquitted on abuse charge

There are 20 comments on the Point Pleasant Register story from Jul 26, 2013, titled Former principal acquitted on abuse charge. In it, Point Pleasant Register reports that:

More than a year after a video of a stalemate between a student and a former principal on a school bus divided the community, that principal was acquitted of the charge of child abuse causing risk of injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Point Pleasant Register.

Frank Hemetek

New Haven, WV

#1 Jul 27, 2013
Thank God..How can a community be divided over a Principal doing his job. This student kicked teachers and other students. Don't you care about how your child is treated by another student.
really?

Powell, OH

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Frank Hemetek wrote:
Thank God..How can a community be divided over a Principal doing his job. This student kicked teachers and other students. Don't you care about how your child is treated by another student.
Laying his GROWN ADULT HANDS on a CHILD is not "doing his job". It is disgusting and the fact that the man has been acquitted just proves how ignorant mason county is. If the CHILD was such a problem CHILD you help them, you don't just lay your hands on them and further teach them that it's okay. Backwoods ass idiots.
Oh pooh

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2013
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
Laying his GROWN ADULT HANDS on a CHILD is not "doing his job". It is disgusting and the fact that the man has been acquitted just proves how ignorant mason county is. If the CHILD was such a problem CHILD you help them, you don't just lay your hands on them and further teach them that it's okay. Backwoods ass idiots.[/QUOTE]Confused? Can't spank these kids, but we can roll them down the aisle of a bus. What's next? Thank God this kid didn't have a back ailment or joint disease. If I were rolled down that aisle I would be in pain. Not to mention dizzy.
Reaper

Burton, WV

#4 Jul 27, 2013
Oh pooh wrote:
<quoted text>Confused? Can't spank these kids, but we can roll them down the aisle of a bus. What's next? Thank God this kid didn't have a back ailment or joint disease. If I were rolled down that aisle I would be in pain. Not to mention dizzy.
Yeah ... well, maybe if this kid was taught to respect authority and stop acting like a little thug that he is he could've walked off the bus instead of throwing himself in the floor and throwing a temper tantrum!

Maybe you can bring that point up at one of his criminal hearings one of these days ... hopefully it involves you being victimized by this little angel!
good

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Jul 27, 2013
Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... well, maybe if this kid was taught to respect authority and stop acting like a little thug that he is he could've walked off the bus instead of throwing himself in the floor and throwing a temper tantrum!
Maybe you can bring that point up at one of his criminal hearings one of these days ... hopefully it involves you being victimized by this little angel!
seriously? did anyone watch the video? that dumba** not so little "child" threw himself backward out the seat like a moron and started rolling his fat-ss himself to, he's obviously mental and should be locked up. parents don't want to parent and teachers aren't allowed, that's why crime rates are so high, spoiled people raised by lazya** crybaby parents
Oh pooh

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2013
Have you ever heard of the term mentally impaired child? A little different dealing with then the typical child. I say educate adults who have to deal with children of this nature.
lala

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Jul 27, 2013
Would it be ok if I threw your dog across the yard bc it was chasing my cat? Or what if I smacked it for sh*tting in my flower bed? Would you be ok with that? Why is it ok to physically put your hands on a child or anyone else for that matter as a form of punishment? Police officers are not allowed to drag you out of your car for running a red light!! SO why in the world do so many people think that children are a good target for violence?!! This just making me want to scream! Why doesn't anyone understand?!!! What if you parked your car to close to another at the store and the owner waited for you to come out and just beat the crap out of you bc they thought you needed to be taught how to park?! I think you would call the cops and press charges and sadly enough they would go to jail but a poor helpless child can be subject to the same treatment and its called discipline! Wtf?! Animals have more protection then children, that is pathetic!! Mason County is also pathetic, and failed that child! Shame on them!!!!
Well

Ashburn, VA

#8 Jul 27, 2013
Cops use tazers if people do not comply. I hear they hurt like hell too.
bounty hunter

Cedar Grove, WV

#9 Jul 27, 2013
that LALA is a nut case.
Well

Ashburn, VA

#11 Jul 27, 2013
bounty hunter wrote:
that LALA is a nut case.
A good imagination with the word IF used several times.

WHAT IF? WHAT IF? WHAT IF?

IF a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its asss
Oh pooh

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>A good imagination with the word IF used several times.
WHAT IF? WHAT IF? WHAT IF?
IF a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its asss
when people start making sense, especially if its a sense you don't want to hear, you automatically call them a nut case? Huh?
Skull and Bones

United States

#13 Jul 28, 2013
You can thank all the bleeding heart liberals for the lack of discipline in schools and at home. They have made it a crime to discipline your child in any fashion. I went to every elementary school in Point Pleasant. Also Point Jr. and Sr. High.(the old High) and Vocational. My ass has kissed every paddle at each one of these places of learning. I'm still alive and a better man for it. These "sit in the corner" and "time out" sessions are an absolute joke. The child ultimately learns nothing. You are coddling the next Charles Manson perhaps. Just look at how the crime rates have exploded since the late 80's. Proof is in the pudding as they say. Spare the rod, spoil the child. That's EXACTLY what we have these days. A bunch of spoiled children running wild because of a lack of discipline. You liberals need to "Man Up" and say "Look here, we were wrong on this taking the paddles out of school thing." You might save a child.
Mountaineeer

Syracuse, OH

#14 Jul 28, 2013
lala wrote:
Would it be ok if I threw your dog across the yard bc it was chasing my cat? Or what if I smacked it for sh*tting in my flower bed? Would you be ok with that? Why is it ok to physically put your hands on a child or anyone else for that matter as a form of punishment? Police officers are not allowed to drag you out of your car for running a red light!! SO why in the world do so many people think that children are a good target for violence?!! This just making me want to scream! Why doesn't anyone understand?!!! What if you parked your car to close to another at the store and the owner waited for you to come out and just beat the crap out of you bc they thought you needed to be taught how to park?! I think you would call the cops and press charges and sadly enough they would go to jail but a poor helpless child can be subject to the same treatment and its called discipline! Wtf?! Animals have more protection then children, that is pathetic!! Mason County is also pathetic, and failed that child! Shame on them!!!!

This kid didn't shit in the flower bed or chase a cat. He didn't park too close to my car. He was disobedient and was disrespectful. Somebody has to let him know that he isn't supposed to act like that. Obviously his parents haven't done that. Kids don't get disciplined at home and the teachers and principals aren't allowed to. I applaud Mr. Moffet for having the guts to take appropriate action.
lala

Leon, WV

#15 Jul 28, 2013
Mountaineeer wrote:
<quoted text>This kid didn't shit in the flower bed or chase a cat. He didn't park too close to my car. He was disobedient and was disrespectful. Somebody has to let him know that he isn't supposed to act like that. Obviously his parents haven't done that. Kids don't get disciplined at home and the teachers and principals aren't allowed to. I applaud Mr. Moffet for having the guts to take appropriate action.
I'm not saying that he did! I'm saying those are examples of other disobedience. My question is, can I toss your animal across the yard as discipline for being disobedient? Can I sling your mother across the parking lot as punishment for not knowing how to drive? That wasn't his child and not his place to put his hands on that kid.
Mountaineeer

Syracuse, OH

#16 Jul 28, 2013
lala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that he did! I'm saying those are examples of other disobedience. My question is, can I toss your animal across the yard as discipline for being disobedient? Can I sling your mother across the parking lot as punishment for not knowing how to drive? That wasn't his child and not his place to put his hands on that kid.
An animal shitting in the flower bed and my mother not driving well are NOT examples of disobedience. When I was in school, the principal and teachers could put their hands on students when they acted out. If we don't give them some latitude, how can we expect the kids to behave? If the kids know they can't be punished, where is the incentive to behave? And parents today are not like my parents. If I got a whipping at school, I got another one at home. Today, if a teacher scolds a student, mommy and daddy are there wanting a full-scale investigation. It's all bullshit.
good

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Jul 28, 2013
lala wrote:
<quoted text>
did you watch the video? and that's how cops handle criminals if the criminal gets violent so is that wrong? how many tiny innocent children did this "little" kid hurt? he is crazy, you can see plainly on the video AND as I said before he threw himself on the floor and started rolling on his own like a crazy person and screamed several times for no reason
lala

Point Pleasant, WV

#18 Jul 28, 2013
Mountaineeer wrote:
<quoted text>An animal shitting in the flower bed and my mother not driving well are NOT examples of disobedience. When I was in school, the principal and teachers could put their hands on students when they acted out. If we don't give them some latitude, how can we expect the kids to behave? If the kids know they can't be punished, where is the incentive to behave? And parents today are not like my parents. If I got a whipping at school, I got another one at home. Today, if a teacher scolds a student, mommy and daddy are there wanting a full-scale investigation. It's all bullshit.
In my opinion your animal using my flower bed IS disobedience... I don't want them doing that. I would never treat it as that child was treated though. Kids need love and attention at home not beatings. If parents were more Loving and attentive kids wouldn't feel the need to act out. You have to remember, it's not the child's fault it's the parents fault and instead of treating the child as a piece of trash we as adults should be there to help those unfortunate children. I do not spank my child and he is well behaved and respectful. In not saying that people should not be able to discipline their children as they see fit but that doesn't give any other person the right to decide how they would like to discipline them.
lala

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Jul 28, 2013
good wrote:
<quoted text>did you watch the video? and that's how cops handle criminals if the criminal gets violent so is that wrong? how many tiny innocent children did this "little" kid hurt? he is crazy, you can see plainly on the video AND as I said before he threw himself on the floor and started rolling on his own like a crazy person and screamed several times for no reason
I did watch the video, several times. Shame on you for talking about a CHILD like that! That's all the response your getting from me.
Craze

Charleston, WV

#20 Jul 28, 2013
lala wrote:
<quoted text>
I did watch the video, several times. Shame on you for talking about a CHILD like that! That's all the response your getting from me.
I agree with you lala. Soon all these pompous assed people will get theirs. Glad that moffett the bully and his pack of thugs represented here on this forum can sleep well at night knowing that this whole situation was wrong. Lol, karma
Truth

Charleston, WV

#21 Jul 29, 2013
The principal needs a raise and a promotion.

Why should an entire bus of children be effected by the actions of one child?

If the child truly has special needs, then it's up to the parent to provide for them not me, not my kids, not the teachers, not the bus driver, and not the other passengers on the bus which this special child didn't care about.

The only people who would disagree would be those who are pi$$ed about the acquittal and hope to get some money through yet another lawsuit which I don't believe stands a chance in Hades of being won.

Liberal sheep want someone else to be responsible instead of being responsible parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News East Tenn. mom charged with abuse for allegedly... (Aug '14) 2 hr East phartse 22
News Magalia man arrested after barricading himself ... Mon Larry Thompson 1
News Tennessee school district made 611 reports of a... May 19 Joey 1
News Spotify urged to stop promoting more artists ac... May 15 Ismael Gerli 1
News Abuse, neglect claims investigated at 460 Tenne... May 15 Joey 1
News YWCA seeks to curb domestic violence through in... May 14 semantics 1
News Powerful men like Eric Schneiderman show 'hypoc... May 10 Annie Oakly 7