Mingo County Commission conducts even...

Mingo County Commission conducts evening meeting

There are 19 comments on the Williamson Daily News Online story from Mar 20, 2014, titled Mingo County Commission conducts evening meeting. In it, Williamson Daily News Online reports that:

Various topics were open for discussion during the last meeting of the Mingo County Commission for the month of March, as several groups and organizations addressed upcoming events, while others expressed the need for financial support from the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Williamson Daily News Online.

blade

Gilbert, WV

#1 Mar 21, 2014
County Commission doing great things.Soon be time to Vote! lol
yep

Logan, WV

#2 Mar 21, 2014
blade wrote:
County Commission doing great things.Soon be time to Vote! lol
Yep, and I say vote 'em all out!
Yes

East Peoria, IL

#4 Mar 22, 2014
Go Mingo!!
Not Kidding

Georgetown, KY

#5 Mar 22, 2014
It couldn't be any worse if you voted Shafer,Vinson and Heflin to the county commision. Heck, it might even be better. SMH LMAO
noneya

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Mar 31, 2014
in my opinion I plan on leaving the vote for county commissioner blank. I would like to say ,I DONT WANT ANY MORE CAREER POLITICIANS!!!
yes

Charleston, WV

#7 Mar 31, 2014
I will be voting for justice for county commissioner I like him he is new
noneya

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Mar 31, 2014
yes wrote:
I will be voting for justice for county commissioner I like him he is new
tell me more then about him and why. and what is his platform. I like to make an informed decision.
Mack

Oakvale, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2014
I think it is time to vote out all the incumbents....most of them have done little to nothing and it's time we make a change. We sure can't elect anyone worse than the one we have and if we do, next time around vote'em OUT!
Mack

Oakvale, WV

#11 Mar 31, 2014
noneya wrote:
<quoted text>tell me more then about him and why. and what is his platform. I like to make an informed decision.
Go to one of his or her speeches. Best way to get to know the candidates and find out what their platform is. If you like to make informed decisions, it would be best if you find out for yourself. GOOD LUCK!
Concerned

Washington, NC

#12 Apr 3, 2014
Mack wrote:
<quoted text>Go to one of his or her speeches. Best way to get to know the candidates and find out what their platform is. If you like to make informed decisions, it would be best if you find out for yourself. GOOD LUCK!
It seems that Team Mingo is still running. Most are the same people who promoted, encouraged, and knew of everything that was going on in our county, with Hootie and Justin Marcum being prime examples. Are we going to show how ignorant we are again by re-voting them into office????
IMO

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Apr 3, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>It seems that Team Mingo is still running. Most are the same people who promoted, encouraged, and knew of everything that was going on in our county, with Hootie and Justin Marcum being prime examples. Are we going to show how ignorant we are again by re-voting them into office????
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is yes. The Mingo County voter does not care about what these individuals have been involved in, but rather vote based on what the individual does for them or their families. The Mingo County voter is not smart enough to vote them out; therefore, politics in Mingo never has nor ever will change.
good o boys

Charleston, WV

#15 Apr 3, 2014
Not voting team mingo this time
voice

Charleston, WV

#16 Apr 3, 2014
Things will never change as long as people sit at home an think like Mr. Gosinya Voices being herd make the difference getting people out to vote make a difference new faces an leadership make the difference my friend an this county is ready for change dont know where you get your information but i think you are wrong
Me Me

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 3, 2014
No team mingo for me eaither they have made a laughing stock of this county . Its gonna take alot of hard work for for our new leaders to sort this mess out

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#18 Apr 4, 2014
Please remember ALL of Greg "Hootie" Smith's crooked dealings during his years of office on The Mingo County Commission. Please remember his close associations with the jail birds. I hope and pray he is arrested before the election, along with the others that kissed the ring of the big daddy in charge of the MINGO MAFIA! Also, keep in mind who he and others of Team Mingo have hand-picked to run for office. Webb-Messarian, candidate for magistrate, is Hootie's sister-in-law AND R. Rumora's sister-in-law. SEND A STRONG CLEAR MESSAGE TO ALL OF THEM.

"Mingo tax break wrangle may be headed to court"

Paul J. Nyden, The Charleston Gazette
8 months 21 days 1 hours ago |17 Views | 0 Comments || Email | Print
"A tax break given by the Mingo County Commission to a mining equipment operator may be headed to court, following a rebuke by the state tax department.
Coal operator Clayton Cline, owner of Triple C Equipment based in Gilbert, asked the Mingo commission to remove $1.8 million worth of mining equipment from his property tax ticket on Feb. 20, 2008.
Cline made his request when the commission was meeting as the Board of Equalization and Review. Triple C Equipment saved $35,000 in property taxes when the commission ruled in Clines favor.
Earlier this month, State Tax Commissioner Christopher G. Morris wrote to Mingo County Assessor Ramona Mahon, stating the equipment -- an underground Joy mining machine and a coal-feeding machine -- were in the possession of [Triple C Equipment] on July 1, 2007, and were taxable for the 2008 tax year.
Cline argued his company should not be taxed because the equipment was never used and later sold to another coal company. A mining operation where Cline planned to use the new equipment apparently never opened.
Mingo County Sheriff Lonnie Hannah, who also serves as county treasurer, said, You can own a car or a boat and never use it. But you still owe [property] taxes.
After buying the equipment in July 2006, Hannah said, Triple C sold it in September 2007 for $2.05 million.
Minutes from the Feb. 20 meeting noted, Cline states he ordered the equipment [that] sat in the warehouse until it was sold to Gatling LLC from Beckley.
Jerry Maynard, who represented the state Tax Department during the Feb. 20 meeting, told the Mingo County Commission that Clines request, if granted, would violate state law.
Maynard, according to the meetings minutes, pointed out, Cline was charged [for] the equipment because he owned it [on] July 1, 2007, and anything owned must be paid on because it was not sold until September 2007.
Commissioner [Greg Hootie] Smith stated that Cline had been a very good taxpayer and this is the first time he has appeared before the Board of Equalization in all his years of being in the coal industry and feels that since the miner was bought and sold soon after ... having never been used.
Commissioner Smith made a motion to exonerate the entire tax ticket for Triple C Equipment due to the equipment being stored only, was not used and has now been sold, the minutes state.
County Commissioner David L. Baisden seconded the motion, which passed unanimously. John Mark Hubbard, the third county commissioner, was then president of Persinger Supply Co., which sold equipment to mining companies.
On Friday, Smith said, I wont be able to give any comments on this because I just got a letter the other day from an attorney named Irwin L. Conrad saying that he is going to litigate this matter ... regarding the [state Tax] Commissioners letter.
So since its going to be in litigation, Im not going to be able to comment, Smith said.
On Tuesday, Mingo County Assessor Ramona Mahons office referred all questions about the Triple C dispute to the Mingo County Commission. On Friday, Mahon was unavailable for comment, her secretary said, because she was attending the state high school basketball tournament in Charleston.
Cline could not be reached at his company offices in Gilbert."
corruption

Gilbert, WV

#19 Apr 5, 2014
Ramona, Hootie& John Mark need to go to jail
hello

United States

#20 Apr 5, 2014
team mingo who good by
Kermit

Charleston, WV

#21 Apr 6, 2014
The Corridor G Regional Development Authority is scheduled to meet Wednesday come and support our counties representatives. These meetings typically take place on the second Wednesday of the month at 9:00 AM in room 227, Building B, Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, Mount Gay, West Virginia last for not over two hours.

Confirmation of the meeting can be had three days prior to the meeting by visiting:
http://apps.sos.wv.gov/adlaw/meetingnotices
lil

Prestonsburg, KY

#22 May 20, 2014
Bghjj

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cowboys' Elliott gets another reprieve, will pl... 1 hr GOPMS 14
News Oklahoma Makes Cuts To Social Service Agencies 11 hr yep 1
News Coaches teaching athletes about respecting women (Dec '14) Oct 13 Shadow Knows 12
News Local Business Owners Involved In Shooting Oct 6 Expect Anonymous 2
News djr-2017-10-04-news-domestic-violencep3 Oct 5 DrBrownStain 4
News Lesbian couple sentenced to 20 years for extrem... Oct 5 Abrahamanic Relig... 5
News Most Women in Prison Are Victims of Domestic Vi... Oct 3 poetscan 1
More from around the web