Senate Introduces LGBT-Inclusive Domestic Violence Act

Feb 5, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.advocate.com

The U.S. Senate is expected to vote to reauthorize an LGBT-inclusive version of the Violence Against Women Act, which provides help and resources for victims of domestic violence.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
David Traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Great! much needed.. Too many frustrated people take to their fists nowadays.. not with their physical equals or superiors, naturally.. Coward stuff..
Coltraine

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Doesn't change anything. Just a way for some politicians to pay lip service (wrong choice of words) to the LGBT crowd for votes. Sounds good tho doesn't it? "LGBT inclusive version"

There are laws already to protect everyone from violence, abuse, battery etc....

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Coltraine wrote:
Doesn't change anything. Just a way for some politicians to pay lip service (wrong choice of words) to the LGBT crowd for votes. Sounds good tho doesn't it? "LGBT inclusive version"
There are laws already to protect everyone from violence, abuse, battery etc....
Sorry, but the existing laws don't adequately address the issues of domestic violence in the homes of same sex couples. Since under the law in most states same sex couples are nothing more than legal strangers to one another, what should be treated as a domestic violence situation ends up viewed as nothing more than an assault on somebody who happened to be in the same house. Opposite sex couples that have done nothing more than date each other have actually had more legal protections than same sex couples caught up in in the same kind of ugly violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••