Buckhannon Man Accused of Shaking Dau...

Buckhannon Man Accused of Shaking Daughter to Death

There are 27 comments on the WDTV Bridgeport story from Dec 2, 2010, titled Buckhannon Man Accused of Shaking Daughter to Death. In it, WDTV Bridgeport reports that:

Stewart Michael Fernandez, 26 of Buckhannon pleaded guilty to child neglect resulting in death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTV Bridgeport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
enraged father

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Dec 8, 2010
we were made to love, protect, and nurture our babies!! this scum deserves punishment i dont have words for.. may the angels bless and keep this child and the imps of the netherworld keep the fires stoked for him
rumors

Morgantown, WV

#4 Dec 8, 2010
there was a rumor that the mother got pregnant again by the same man.
rumors

Morgantown, WV

#5 Dec 8, 2010
sorry- dont know why that posted twice
FUNNY BUNNY

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 20, 2010
FACTS-------Mother did have second child by him. His sentencing is January 4, 2010 in Upshur County Circuit Court. Come see the scum----3 to 15 years is not enough but only hope someone shakes the shit out of him in prison.
wanna know

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Dec 21, 2010
How come everyone on here is ready to see this "man" hanged but no one finds it wrong that Misty Dawn Wimer Linger left her son in a very hot car and let him die a miserable death? I believe that she deserves the same prison term as this man. Fair is Fair!
FUNNY BUNNY

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 21, 2010
I am ready to see both of them go up the river together!
toodles

Chantilly, VA

#9 Jan 20, 2011
terrible
X-buccaneer

Maricopa, AZ

#10 Jan 21, 2011
I see this to often in upshur co. What happened to the case of poor little Chandler Oberg. To many people are getting away with senseless child deaths.
wondering

Morgantown, WV

#11 Jan 22, 2011
very sad
hey

Elkins, WV

#12 Mar 22, 2011
i know the mother very well and she is a great person.as for anyone who can harm a child should get the max in prision.but our system lets these pricks get by with these brutal crimes.when will we start protecting our kids and quit defending their abusers?
FUNNY BUNNY

Charleston, WV

#13 Mar 22, 2011
hey wrote:
i know the mother very well and she is a great person.as for anyone who can harm a child should get the max in prision.but our system lets these pricks get by with these brutal crimes.when will we start protecting our kids and quit defending their abusers?
If you know her well then tell her to stop defending him!
hey

Elkins, WV

#14 Mar 22, 2011
everyone has thier own thoughts on this, but she has the right to defend who she pleases as i don't agree with her defending him it's her choice.as for him she knows how people feel.and i will slways be her freind.as for him he is scum!!!!
IknowRight

Elkins, WV

#15 Mar 22, 2011
wanna know wrote:
How come everyone on here is ready to see this "man" hanged but no one finds it wrong that Misty Dawn Wimer Linger left her son in a very hot car and let him die a miserable death? I believe that she deserves the same prison term as this man. Fair is Fair!
Yea, her trial should be coming up soon! I just hope that her family hasn't had time to get her out of this. This girl has problems. She "forgot" her son in a hot car for a long period of time. Too many people are getting by with abusing their children. I have heard that this was not the first time that she left her son in the car while she did other things....like shopping, etc.
Its a waiting game....I just wish I was on the jury.
HopeItsNotTrue

AOL

#16 Apr 8, 2011
IknowRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, her trial should be coming up soon! I just hope that her family hasn't had time to get her out of this. This girl has problems. She "forgot" her son in a hot car for a long period of time. Too many people are getting by with abusing their children. I have heard that this was not the first time that she left her son in the car while she did other things....like shopping, etc.
Its a waiting game....I just wish I was on the jury.
I've known Misty for years and I hope to God she's telling the truth and didn't just forget her child. There is a big difference between shaking your baby to death and her child getting into the car without her knowing. Yes as a mother I would hope I would know where my child is at all times but I know that is not possible so I can not judge her since i was not there. I do know accidents happen and hopefully that's all this was. And as long as I think she would not do something to her child intentionly I will stand by her. If someone can prove she just "forgot" about him being in the car that would not be forgivable no matter who she is.
HopeItsNotTrue

AOL

#17 Apr 8, 2011
When it comes to Misty Dawn I sure as hell would not want to be on the jury. Think about it if she is telling the truth about not putting him in the car and forgetting about him how would you feel if u found her guilty . Which as a friend of hers for years and a mother myself I hope she is telling the truth because no matter what the jury decides she is already blaming herself for not being able to protect her child and that is worse than anything a judge and jury can do.
Mistys relative

Fairmont, WV

#18 Aug 3, 2011
Thanks to Hopeitsnotetrue for taking up for Misty! Our family has been through enough and if Misty had done something wrong we wouldn't be able to get her out of nor would we want to. Nick is missed by us all and we would give anything to have him back. Misty would never hurt him! She never left him in the car while she shopped and nor did she leave him in the car the day he died. If anyone knew Nick they knew he was a very energetic little boy. So before you go judging anyone remember anything is possible and God forbid anything like this happen to you or someone in your family but any thing is possible!
mommyl

Fairmont, WV

#20 Aug 17, 2011
she left him in there just like she did at the bar and when she pad locked him in there room til he fell asleep crying. she will get what she deserves
Daaaaave

Washington, DC

#21 Nov 12, 2011
I heard the girl never woke up.

She was shaken, not stirred.
Heartbroken

Warren, RI

#22 Jan 30, 2012
The boyfriend - Johnathan Queen - of the druggie-who*e- mother-of-the-baby-Charissa Mick is in Tygart awaiting trial on a charge of child endangerment resulting in death. And Charissa was pregnant by Queen but decided she didnt want to be the mother of a convicted felon, so no baby. He might get 20 years, 10 to serve, for throwing a 20 month old against a wall.
Heartbroken

Warren, RI

#23 Jan 30, 2012
Last comment is about Chandler. WV child protection laws need to be strengthened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court Transcripts: Bill O'Reilly Abused His Wif... May 23 Tazo 1
News Mother Sentenced For Leaving Toddler At Home Wh... May 17 Kim Freeman 4
News Martina McBride returning to Reading with 'Ever... May 12 spunky 1
News Florida vs. Obamacare: A critical healthcare fu... May 12 the Ace of Spades 2
News Ouisa D. Davis: Step up to help victims of viol... May 11 UR BS 13
News Layton mother, boyfriend arrested for suspected... May 9 discocrisco 1
News Pittsfield Community Development Block Grant re... May 8 cops are liars an... 4
More from around the web