What's Going on in the Hunt County Juvenile Detention Center?

Sep 24, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Ellis County Observer

Donna Clyce and her son will be discussing their fight against corruption in Greenville and, more importantly, the Hunt County Juvenile Detention facility, on the Tuesday edition of The ECO Show:A http://www.blogtalkradio.com/elliscountyradio/2011/09/28/hunt-county-child-abuse Ellis Co.

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IT_Dept

Lone Oak, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 29, 2011
 
What????? definitely need to find out what's going on here
someone who knows

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

These are bad ass kids. Regardless of what their parents think. They get in there and act like total idiots. Try and fight staff, take craps on the floor. Just be the worst they can be. They may have their parents fooled but, Hey guess what ITS JAIL they arent supposed to enjoy it. And it they get roughed up by the staff its because their bad asses deserve it.
Dear someone whothinkshek

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Does this mean that the detention, officers are suppossed to drug them with barbiturates, move their cell, and take all of their bedding too, and break their jaw, arms, and injure their pelvis, and hip, and cripple them for life, even if they do talk back. These detention officers are suppossed to be trained to restrain these children. This is why there are so many pediophiles working for these places, the detention officers can get away with molesting these kids, and society thinks that they are bad children and do not believe the child. Most of these children are there for truancy, tresspassing, things like that, but, there are some really bad kids that go to these places. county juvenile detention center is a PRE ADJUDICATION Facility, most kids only stay there a short period of time. My child was there for two weeks, now he is permanently crippled. Is that what he gets for one ever tresspassing charge. Crippled for Life???? It is very very sad, but, if you will read up on injuries and deaths in many other juvenile detention centers, there are many deaths and injuries that nobody knows what happened to these kids. There was one death in a juvenile detention facility where a detention officer picked a kid up, threw him against the cement, then he could no longer walk, and then the jury found the detention officer innocent because he had immunities, and the jury could not decide if the child died from the first time he was thrown and hit his head, or the second time that he fell and hit his head. I'm sure that you have NEVER EVER made a mistake or done ONE THING wrong when you were a child???
trent

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dear someone whothinkshek wrote:
Does this mean that the detention, officers are suppossed to drug them with barbiturates, move their cell, and take all of their bedding too, and break their jaw, arms, and injure their pelvis, and hip, and cripple them for life, even if they do talk back. These detention officers are suppossed to be trained to restrain these children. This is why there are so many pediophiles working for these places, the detention officers can get away with molesting these kids, and society thinks that they are bad children and do not believe the child. Most of these children are there for truancy, tresspassing, things like that, but, there are some really bad kids that go to these places. county juvenile detention center is a PRE ADJUDICATION Facility, most kids only stay there a short period of time. My child was there for two weeks, now he is permanently crippled. Is that what he gets for one ever tresspassing charge. Crippled for Life???? It is very very sad, but, if you will read up on injuries and deaths in many other juvenile detention centers, there are many deaths and injuries that nobody knows what happened to these kids. There was one death in a juvenile detention facility where a detention officer picked a kid up, threw him against the cement, then he could no longer walk, and then the jury found the detention officer innocent because he had immunities, and the jury could not decide if the child died from the first time he was thrown and hit his head, or the second time that he fell and hit his head. I'm sure that you have NEVER EVER made a mistake or done ONE THING wrong when you were a child???
You should have done a better job patenting.
trent

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 3, 2012
 
trent wrote:
<quoted text>You should have done a better job patenting.
^parenting
This is interesting

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 17, 2012
 
It's not easy being a parent, and sometimes kids will skip school, and end up in the juv. det. center. Or something like that! Not all children that end up in the juvenile det. center are bad, my child is now making all A's. It is interesting to me that there are so many people willing to just turn a blind eye to the child abuse, that is going on in many juvenile det. facilities, simply because a child made a mistake, and believe the adult detention supervisor/officers, over the child getting abused. I just wonder how many pediophiles are in these facilities, and child abusers. Something needs to be done to stop it, and I think maybe the problem is now/recently, FINALLY being monitored and stopped by people that really care about children.
Personal experience

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 31, 2013
 
I've been in there many of times, for long periods if times.. Kids there just act like fools.
hmm

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 31, 2013
 
Personal experience wrote:
I've been in there many of times, for long periods if times.. Kids there just act like fools.
You've been there "many times" for "long periods" and you are calling them fools? Wow! What a wonderful world of ignorance and lack or responsibility and accountability we live in.
Someone who knows

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 10, 2013
 
Dear someone whothinkshek wrote:
Does this mean that the detention, officers are suppossed to drug them with barbiturates, move their cell, and take all of their bedding too, and break their jaw, arms, and injure their pelvis, and hip, and cripple them for life, even if they do talk back. These detention officers are suppossed to be trained to restrain these children. This is why there are so many pediophiles working for these places, the detention officers can get away with molesting these kids, and society thinks that they are bad children and do not believe the child. Most of these children are there for truancy, tresspassing, things like that, but, there are some really bad kids that go to these places. county juvenile detention center is a PRE ADJUDICATION Facility, most kids only stay there a short period of time. My child was there for two weeks, now he is permanently crippled. Is that what he gets for one ever tresspassing charge. Crippled for Life???? It is very very sad, but, if you will read up on injuries and deaths in many other juvenile detention centers, there are many deaths and injuries that nobody knows what happened to these kids. There was one death in a juvenile detention facility where a detention officer picked a kid up, threw him against the cement, then he could no longer walk, and then the jury found the detention officer innocent because he had immunities, and the jury could not decide if the child died from the first time he was thrown and hit his head, or the second time that he fell and hit his head. I'm sure that you have NEVER EVER made a mistake or done ONE THING wrong when you were a child???
It is unfortunate what happened to your kid. But I have seen it first hand and not hardly any of them are in for skipping school. The majority are in for felonies. And when they find out that they are going to TYC (kid Prison) they think it is the end of the world and go nuts. These kids plot scheme and do just about anything they can to break the rules. That facility is the most kid friendly (convict friendly) place their is. These juveniles are coddled and if they have even a little headache they get meds for it. It is jail they should not ever want to come back. That does not mean they get abused. They have more rights than the the people who are there to protect them (from themselves). The ONLY time a child is ever touched is when he is out of control and then it is done by the book. The Detention officers get injured all the time trying to break up fights in a manner that keeps these little innocent babies from getting hurt. Everything is on camera. Im sorry for what happened to your child but these officers are doing a very difficult job. And the juveniles there dont make it easy in any way. I know if my kid acted like 95% of the ones who come in there he would beg to be in HCJDC instead of my home.
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 11, 2013
 
I'm happy that you think the children are coddled there, but, I have proof that my child was not. Maybe they have changed there. Felonies, I doubt that, I know many parents that their child has been placed in there for fighting at school, truancy, small things like that from the county that I lived in, when my child was sent there. I'm happy you think that is a nice place, and maybe it has changed, but, my story is not the only horrific story that I have heard about that place. Thanks for your opinions, and I do hope that nothing else bad happens there to a child.
someone who knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 28, 2013
 
Yes felonies. By far more felonies than fighting or truency. Ive been in that line of work for years. Im not sure where you get your info but ive seen kids in that facility as young as 10 years old for rape, attempted murder burglary. Many of these kids are violent offenders. I think maybe you should go work there for one week and after you have called a bitch or worse 15 to 20 times a day. You may change some of your opinions.
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 28, 2013
 
Oh please a 10 year old is not physically able to rape somebody, I assume you are a female that has no children on your own.
I've sat and watched the Judge send children to the juvenile for mostly minor offenses. Teenagers that are in the Juvenile usually are not very happy, but, when detention officers ignore them, and push them because they are not walking fast enough for them, what is it you expect them to say to the detention officers, THANK YOU, AND CAN YOU PUSH ME AROUND SOME MORE PLEASE!
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 28, 2013
 
By the way, my son makes mostly A's in school now, and he has not been in any trouble with the law at all since February 2008. My son is not a BAD CHILD, and he is now crippled because of these peoples' negligence, and I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. My son was playing football for the school before he went there, NOW, HE CANNOT PLAY FOOTBALL, BECAUSE HE CANNOT USE HIS LEFT LEG ANYMORE, HE CAN ONLY LIMP TO CLASS, HE CANNOT PLAY BASKETBALL, HE CANNOT PLAY SOCCER, HIS LEG DOES NOT ROTATE ANYMORE, AND HE WAS PERFECTLY NORMAL WHEN HE WENT INTO Hunt County Juvenile Detention Center in February 2008. If the detention officers had been following the rules, my son would be fine now, and he would not have to just sit and watch the other kids play and run, and cry because his leg no longer works, because, he was not given medical treatment in time!
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 28, 2013
 
Yes it is true that they are supposed to have cameras in these places, but, they write over the tapes all the time, and there is somebody monitoring the cameras, who can turn the cameras off at any time that they choose to. Also, the supervisor over the cameras can erase whatever they want to at any time from the tapes, or turn the cameras off. I know personally a detention officer that did this in the control room, he just turned the cameras off at his convenience.
The Juvenile Detention Centers reuse the tapes, they do not keep all of the tapes forever from what I understand, only for a short period of time, if THEY SAID nothing bad happened, and by the time a complaint gets back to them, they can have written over the tape for that complaint period, and then of course "There is NO EVIDENCE!"
guess

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 28, 2013
 
Donna Clyce wrote:
By the way, my son makes mostly A's in school now, and he has not been in any trouble with the law at all since February 2008. My son is not a BAD CHILD, and he is now crippled because of these peoples' negligence, and I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. My son was playing football for the school before he went there, NOW, HE CANNOT PLAY FOOTBALL, BECAUSE HE CANNOT USE HIS LEFT LEG ANYMORE, HE CAN ONLY LIMP TO CLASS, HE CANNOT PLAY BASKETBALL, HE CANNOT PLAY SOCCER, HIS LEG DOES NOT ROTATE ANYMORE, AND HE WAS PERFECTLY NORMAL WHEN HE WENT INTO Hunt County Juvenile Detention Center in February 2008. If the detention officers had been following the rules, my son would be fine now, and he would not have to just sit and watch the other kids play and run, and cry because his leg no longer works, because, he was not given medical treatment in time!
I'm guessing there's much more to this story. Delusion can change reality, but it can't change the truth.
guess

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 28, 2013
 
Regardless of what you say, "good" kids rarely if ever go the JD. You sweet little boy probably wasn't so sweet or your rise colored glasses altered your view.
Local Dude

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 28, 2013
 
Um, has anyone checked the web site this thread links to?
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 1, 2013
 
Hunt County Juvenile Detention Center is a Pre-Adjudication facility, which means that they hold kids there that have NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME YET! My child is by no means perfect, and his body sure is not perfect like it was when he went into that place, but, like I said this is a place kids go to BEFORE they are Convicted of a crime, NOT TO serve out a Sentence.
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 1, 2013
 
My child NEVER went to serve a sentence in the Texas Youth Commission (TYC).
Donna Clyce

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 1, 2013
 
You can believe what you want to, that is fine, but, there was a big reform done against TYC because, there were so many pediophiles that worked there, and children getting sexually, and physically assaulted, and other abuse. They fired 111 felons that worked there, and many pediophiles, and many employees with misdemeanors, that had somehow gotten a job at TYC. Like I said, My son NEVER went to serve a sentence at TYC in 2008, or any other time, but, this is just an example of how corrupt TYC was. Hopefully, it is alot better now since the sweeping reform over the last few years. These children that did go to TYC, NOT MINE, do not deserve to be sexually, and physically abused, and medically neglected, while they are serving their sentence, by the Juvenile Detention Officers which are perverts, and pediophiles, and just plain sick adults. Then these suppossed detention officers/psuedo police officers of the TYC, get away with hurting children, then they say, oh the child is LYING, LOOK, the child is a CRIMINAL. Well, finally alot of these adult supervision officers at TYC have gotten fired, and put in jail for their abuse to these children who had to stay at TYC. Again, my child NEVER received a sentence to go to TYC. But, it angers me that there are perverted adults that stalk these juvenile detention centers, and prey on these children, because, they are incarcerated. I realize that they are not all perverts, and sick adults, but, there were many working there at TYC, that were put into jail, and fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••