Couple charged with abusing kids

Nov 26, 2012 Full story: WTHI-TV Terre Haute 17

A Terre Haute couple was arrested Friday, accused of what police called the worst case of child abuse they have seen.

Full Story
yep

Clinton, IN

#1 Nov 26, 2012
No surprise here. I've lost count of the families turned into CPS for similar things and the investigation is unsubstantiated with the families being called wonderful people. Kids are not a priority in Indiana
burp

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
That story makes me so mad. I would love to have a hr alone with each of them with a roll of duck tape.
Justice

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Whe they get locked up, they will realize what abuse is like. Convicts love child abusers.
Caring mom

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
The system fails these children. People get reported al the time but they fail to take the children!! Even though this was a foster family they were not properly visited by CPS workers. And when it comes to the mothers cps is to busy wanting to keep the family together to worry about the children. It is really a shame that cps walks around with their eyes closed!!
Caring mom

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Totally agree with Yep!
yep

Clinton, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Caring mom wrote:
The system fails these children. People get reported al the time but they fail to take the children!! Even though this was a foster family they were not properly visited by CPS workers. And when it comes to the mothers cps is to busy wanting to keep the family together to worry about the children. It is really a shame that cps walks around with their eyes closed!!
You're right about everything but the statement that they walk around with their eyes closed. If they bother to investigate at all, they see what's in front of them, then lie about it later. The government system leans towards the lower life forms. Just look at these 2 people, you can tell at first sight what they are. These types of people assure caseworkers of their paychecks. The scum of the earth keeps them employed, they'll protect them to the end. The kids are just collateral damage.
Snookem

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Nov 26, 2012
The Case worker for the Foster children are supposed to be checked on at least once a month in the home. What happened with that? And what about the unit that is supposed to check on Foster Parents so these things don't happen? Disgusted that the safeguards that the state has put in place to police the very thing that these Foster Parents are accused of were not done as they should have been. These poor children would not have been abused. Shame on you DCS !
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Snookem wrote:
The Case worker for the Foster children are supposed to be checked on at least once a month in the home. What happened with that? And what about the unit that is supposed to check on Foster Parents so these things don't happen? Disgusted that the safeguards that the state has put in place to police the very thing that these Foster Parents are accused of were not done as they should have been. These poor children would not have been abused. Shame on you DCS !
do you really think once a month check is going to prevent this crazy stuff? i dont think that is why this happened. if you knew someone was gonna come check your house once a month i would guess you could fake it for one day.
yep

Clinton, IN

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Snookem wrote:
Amen!! It looks like James Payne stepping down and making that dept look bad wasn't enough to make them do the right thing.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Nov 26, 2012
if i check my balls ONCE A MONTH, they are gonna smell different on each day. there may even be some duck butter by day 30.
Snookem

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
do you really think once a month check is going to prevent this crazy stuff? i dont think that is why this happened. if you knew someone was gonna come check your house once a month i would guess you could fake it for one day.
So.... Why are you telling them when your coming? Why not do a drop by visit??
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Snookem wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... Why are you telling them when your coming? Why not do a drop by visit??
dont you think that maybe people dont come to the door or answer the phone when the case manager arrives? its not like they can stake the place out for hours waiting for movement. and i cant tell you all those juicy secrets..its secret squirrel dookie.
Snookem

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
dont you think that maybe people dont come to the door or answer the phone when the case manager arrives? its not like they can stake the place out for hours waiting for movement. and i cant tell you all those juicy secrets..its secret squirrel dookie.
Hmmm... Smart one... You are awful defensive...if a Foster Parent doesn't answer the door when a Case Manager knocks.... That would make me wonder what they are hiding. That should be a clue. Go get your job back waiting tables!!
Trash

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur wrong smartass! RANDOM CHECK INS!! YOU DON'T TELL THEM UR COMING YOU JUST SHOW UP!! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO PROTECT?? THE HOUSE IS A SHIT HOLE & THERE IS NO HIDDING THAT!!
pffft

Elmwood Park, IL

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Snookem wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm... Smart one... You are awful defensive...if a Foster Parent doesn't answer the door when a Case Manager knocks.... That would make me wonder what they are hiding. That should be a clue. Go get your job back waiting tables!!
If a foster family adopts a child(ren) child protective services close the case. These kids were adopted 8 years ago!!! Why would they be knocking there is no more random or scheduled checks period!!!
Disturbed

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Nov 27, 2012
He shouldn't have ever been able to care for children other than his own given his criminal history.
Pea picker

Clinton, IN

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Disturbed wrote:
He shouldn't have ever been able to care for children other than his own given his criminal history.
l

What criminal history does he have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 men charged with incest (Apr '10) Dec 20 Kandi Kane 178
Mooreville mother jailed for child abuse Dec 20 Martha 1
Tamir Rice's father has history of domestic vio... Dec 19 Observer 18
Black Women's Roundtable Releases Statement Hig... Dec 19 PERVY 1
Police: Fernley mother stabbed sleeping son (Nov '10) Dec 19 truthmongerdotinfo 8
Sheriff's Captain Behind Bard for Alleged Child... Dec 17 Duck Caller 1
Cops: Two arrested for putting boy in dress as ... Dec 13 barbj 1
More from around the web