Rogersville man arrested for abusing ...

Rogersville man arrested for abusing 18-month-old child

There are 61 comments on the TriCities.com story from Feb 22, 2012, titled Rogersville man arrested for abusing 18-month-old child. In it, TriCities.com reports that:

On Monday, Feb. 20 the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office responded to the Wellmont Hawkins County Memorial Hospital Emergency Room in reference to a possible child abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MEMEME

El Segundo, CA

#1 Feb 22, 2012
this SOB needs to be Dahmered
Aaron

Bristol, TN

#2 Feb 22, 2012
Man arrested for child abuse in Rogersville
A 18-month-old child was brought into the emergency room where doctors noticed bruises on the child's body. Christopher Clammons, the mother's boyfriend, admitted to abusing the child.

Christopher G. Clamons

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn.--
On Monday, Feb. 20 the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office responded to the Wellmont Hawkins County Memorial Hospital Emergency Room in reference to a possible child abuse.

Upon arrival at the scene deputies spoke with emergency room staff in reference to an 18-month-old female child whom had been brought in by the child's mother for a possible rash. After observing the child condition, Deputies notified Detectives whom responded to the scene and noticed that the child had been abused. The child suffered serious bruising and marks on her face, neck, torso and legs which was consistent with abuse.

Detectives notified Child Protective Services whom responded to the scene and placed the child with a family member.

During the course of the investigation detectives interviewed the mother's boyfriend, Christopher G. Clamons, 22, of Rogersville, Tenn. whom gave detectives a statement admitting to inflicting the injuries to the child.

Clamons was charged aggravated child abuse and neglect. He is currently being held in the Hawkins County Jail, on a $50,000 bond. He will appear in Hawkins County General Sessions Court in Rogersville on March 5.
A family member

Asheboro, NC

#4 Feb 23, 2012
Oh, I wish I could get ahold of this scumbag... that little girl is my cousin... what in the world possesses people to be so ******* ignorant and mean? Chris, you are a pathetic excuse for a "man."
Blah blah

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2012
A family member wrote:
Oh, I wish I could get ahold of this scumbag... that little girl is my cousin... what in the world possesses people to be so ******* ignorant and mean? Chris, you are a pathetic excuse for a "man."
Where was her mother?
Let Me At Him

Lenoir City, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Me. Him. A Baseball Bat. In a room for 5 minutes, that's all I'd need...
courthouse

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2012
I think people like that should be hung in front of the courthouse.After doing this several times I think we would get the point across. Why would you want to put a lowlife like this up and feed him? I wouldn't give him air in a jug....And why did the suppose to be mother not have the child in the ER for the child abuse? I think her name should be made public. She is no better than he is.That child was depending on her.Does she have access to this child?I personally don't think she should have any contact.
guilty

United States

#8 Feb 23, 2012
the mother is just as guilty,she should be in jail too. the mother should have known what kind of person she exposed her child too.
OMG

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Taylor will let him out or some bail bonds man!! This low life shouldn't have a bond set to begin with! How many childern need to go through this & another to die! Please the people of this town we all need to band together a take this town back & protect these childern cause the system and child services don't give a darn about childern & we need to get rid of the low life Judge's and CS of this town & state!!!!
tumble

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2012
Hope they give him so much jail time and do the worst to him
courthouse

United States

#11 Feb 24, 2012
hopefully while he's in jail, theres a inmate that will do worse to him than what he did to that child.
don

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Feb 26, 2012
hey he is my cousin and i dont think he done it and his stupid girlfriend shouldve never left her daughter with him she probably done it and blamed it on chris and the truth will come out her ass needs to take blame to she is just as guilty.they best not be no threats to my cousin someone will pay for his death andyou scum bags want to talk shit you are innocent until provin guilty so watch your mouth .her name needs to apppear on here to.
please tell

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2012
Well Don, it seems you have so much to say, why don't you tell her name. That is, if you even know it.
guilty

United States

#16 Feb 28, 2012
she is guilty as well, so what is her name
don

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Feb 28, 2012
her name will come out in the trial .and no dam inmate better not touch him .she probably did do it and blamed him . chris tryed to get his life together . but no somebody always got to put somebody down in that scumbag town .i"m so glad i left that town .and yes i feel for the child but as a mother u should always have that parental instinc to protect ur child . at any cost if that much abuse was done to the child i beleive as a mother i would notice right away .but then again that might have been her way to get the baby to hospitial so she could get authoritys to come arrest christpoher.as u please tell who is the girl of the baby . i really feel sorry but she is probably a druggie too and scumbag to have some man like u all explain chris is in her life and her childs so u all who want to judge before a jury or judge can u all need to take a look in mirror .especiallly u young mothers who get caught up in drug life and or let pple.like that come in ur or childs life .i reallly hope the child recovers from who ever did this .and i hope the mom seeks couseling for herself she will need it if she cares at all about the child .
sumbuddy

Lenoir City, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2012
Wish you could SPELL & WRITE cogently. Don...
teen_mom

Herndon, VA

#20 Mar 3, 2012
not all of us"young moms" are like that. personally i would f*ck up anyone who hurt my baby in any way. he deserves WHATEVER happens to him in jail or on the streets.
John Driman

Lenoir City, TN

#21 Mar 3, 2012
They don't understand Big Wurds like "Cogent"...They think it refers to a vaguely remembered '70s TV show starring Telly Savalas...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#22 Mar 4, 2012
I got sick trying to read what Don wrote.Couldn't finish it,didn't sound like english. I wish I had help 30 years ago when my x husband took a 2by 4 to my son's back who was only 6. Then he took a tie down strap with the hook on the end and used it on my other son,age 4. I left him several times,but had no help, I wanted someone to show him he was not as big as he thought he was.He was finally arrested for 2ed degree aggravated assult.The pain that has caused me and to my sons,I will never forget. When I hear of another child getting abused, I do hope they get what ever they deserve,what goes around,comes around.
breanna

Sevierville, TN

#23 Mar 11, 2012
well he will get what he has coming to him in jail or on the streets this town will never forget his name. I do Doubt he will get out since he gave detectives a statement admitting to inflicting the injuries to the child. So, even if he does people will run him outta town, back in the 80`s this woman named tammy trexler had a lil boy named scottie trexler and the lil boy got abused by the boyfriend of he mama`s and the mama knew and didnt do anything about it and they both went to jail he got like 25 years and the mama didnt get to long and got out and the town of rogersville ran her outta town. All i know if someone was abusing my lil 18 month old baby i would kill someone over my child, and the mama had to know her baby was being hurt there isn`t any way in hell she didnt know and i think both should be in jail for the rest of their lifes for wat they did to that child. My heart goes out to the child and the family. i hope you guys get the justice you and the baby deserve.
A Nonny Mouse

Lenoir City, TN

#24 Mar 11, 2012
I had a friend who worked at the hospital when Kerry Bowers-the guy who "Abused"-Read "Murdered" Scottie Trexler-trial was going on. He said Bowers claimed he was "Sick" & "In Pain" all the time, & they had him at the hospital frequently..My bud said there was really nothing wrong w/him, he was just trying to load up on as much dope as they would give him. Because of that trial, they changed the law here in Tennessee & I think a boyfriend or girlfriend who causes the death of a child by willful abuse like that can get the death penalty themselves. My bud said Bowers was the kind of person you automatically took a BIG dislike for, he was always spouting off about his "Rights", & how the hospital staff HAD to treat him-or else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albuquerque man accused of abusing baby release... 4 hr this 2
News Family of 'Peter Boy' trying to block book docu... Jul 22 Francine 3
News Man Arrested After Domestic Violence and Pursuit Jul 19 Youdumasfuck 2
News How 'The Boyfriend Loophole' Arms Domestic Abusers Jul 17 Jagermann 1
News Protective orders -- a tool against domestic vi... (Oct '14) Jul 15 Bad billy 5
speaking of domestic dispute jesus christ havin... Jul 10 seriously entered 1
News The Casey Anthony trial is dissected again in a... Jul 8 kauna 31
More from around the web