Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Comments (Page 90)

Showing posts 1,781 - 1,800 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

yawn
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

No offense, Pastor Chuck who I just quoted. Sorry for that.
It's a funny song on a South Park DVD I was watching southpark.com says Who?
Who.
General Reasder,
please refer to the previous
fifteen or twenty-so of the pages on any given thread.
-
In a recent podcast JulieAnne .com said
she was enormously impressed with facets of the Grenier accusations.
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I know Julie Anne reads here.
When she has her conspiratorial communications with Alex, I'm sure she'd never admit it to him.
But I know she reads here.
-
Dear General Reader,
If you have not read the statements the Grenier father has made in print, I encourage you to do so.
Maybe I'll compile the hyper-links here... Just a thought...
-
In the 21st century, we are saddled with new challenges. One of those challenges is the ubiquity of the internet and common human disagreements.
With the inclusion of multiplier effects, speech acts are becoming more and more important. For better or worse? Worse, I contend.
This is why the Grenier case is important.
-
To reconstruct the entire chronology of the Grenier saga is beyond the scope of topix.com . The fact is that Alex' reconstruction of the past is suspect.
Suspect in all ways.
In my nearly three years interacting with him here at topix.com , I have found Alex to be evasive at BEST, and downright obfuscatory as a matter of course.
I know first-hand why Alex' father has refused further communications with him that are not mediated by an attorney. Alex regularly threatens with physical violence those that refuse to be cowed by his bullying rhetorical tactics.
Rather than choosing frank and open discussion, he chooses to be afraid of interacting with others that refuse to accept his conclusions before seeing the evidence that is supporting his premises.
Because of the multiplier effects inherent in the internet, the damaging effects of the behavior that Alex displays are proportionally magnified.
-
When his inconsistent and therefore unbelievable reconstructions of past personal history are splayed out like a dressed bear, the need for strict enforcement of the defamation laws on the books becomes more apparent.
-
Given how mental incompetence is often shrouded in shame and pain and silence and secrecy, imagine how
ANY ONE OF US, ANY CITIZEN
has the potential to be in Bob's shoes right now.
All it takes is a false allegation (or some set thereof) to be spouted with vigor on the twenty-four hour twenty-first century internet
added to
anti-SLAPP legislation
and, as I told someone earlier today,
EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY GETS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN.
-
Presumption of innocence is tossed out the window on day one. Only those pieces of information that will play to a target audience make it to the public's ears, and the hate campaign originator, by avoiding participation in the honest, sometimes frank discussion of ideas, gets something for nothing.
Usually, when you are getting something for nothing, it is because what you are doing is illegal.
Just a thought.
My name is Who.
hashtag-WhoWould JesusSue

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Struck some nerves I see ;-)

Had a good interview with the New York Times yesterday.

Again, Camp BG can whine, moan, name-call etc. Won't accomplish a thing other than hardening our resolve.

The allegations aren't false and I and others have the right to speak publicly about them as BG and others are Positions of Trust and public figures within Institutions of Trust in churches and govt.

You can sue all you want and spend God's $$$ on fighting a battle you won't win. The Truth and the Law is on our side, and God is, too.

You can respond in that empty box below ;-)
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

you says
"...The allegations aren't false..."
Who says
And you just expect me to take your word for it? People lie about other people every day of the week, and the courts KNOW that.
you says
"...I and others have the right to speak publicly..."
Who says
Incorrect. You do not have the right to defame.
You have the right to act, does that mean you have the right to murder? Obviously not. So also with defamation. Defamation is not protected speech.
you says
"...The Truth and the Law is on our side, and God is, too...."
Who says
Spoken like a true nutbag with delusions of messianic grandeur and a persecution complex.
My name is Who.
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

But you are doing great Alex. The court of public opinion will influence the secular court. Truth will prevail. You are doing a great thing.

Keep up the good work Alex!! I support you 100%

My name is Who!
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever.
Pick a different name.
try being original for once, you Alex-puppet.
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

My name is Who and I stand against child abuse. Bob Grenier molested his own son ans was removed from his position as a chaplain for the police department. This cones shortly before his arrest, which is the logical next step.

Dear readers, thank you for your support for Alex and his brothers.

My name is Who
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Your statements are false and defamatory.
My name is Who.
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I believe they are true. I believe Paul, who said them. So your statement is false and does not qualify. Read a book
My name is Who
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

You don't understand the defamation laws very well, do you? This is the way the law works. Case after case backs this up. I believe Paul. I believe his sworn word. I repeat what he has told me. I am not defaming anyone. The truth is my defense because I believe it.

Whether you like that or not it is our right.

Go ahead spin and lie. Whether I like it or not, it's what you do.
Who

Fletcher, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The reverend is a quack.

My name is Who.
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

from alex' twitter campaign.
-
Calvary Chapel‏@CalvaryAuror a
#littlelevi saying "what's up?" http://instagr.am/hg/WBOlWQFLz_/
Alex Joye Grenier‏
@CalvaryAurora What a cutie! Now imagine if someone abused her. Would you be righteously angry?#WhoWouldJesusSue
Calvary Chapel‏@CalvaryAuror a
@alexgrenier7 I'm not sure why you are responding like this to my tweets but I'm asking you to not include my grandson at all.
Alex Joye Grenier
@CalvaryAurora Didn't know it was ur grandson, sorry no offense intended in that regard & agreed, no problem
Retweet
Jim Jr

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Can't we just get along?

My name is Sam Garcia Who.
My goodness

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

I don't believe BG abused anyone; I do believe Alex is fueling his own evil needs and is now using his own brother!
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

I am not Sam Garcia. You are a delusional conspiracy theorist that believes that there is a secret government operation black-tie 007 internet plant.
I read Sam. He had good stuff. I thought he raised great points.
Unlike Who?
You, that's Who to you!
Who

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

My name Sam Jim Jr Who. I'm an idiot. Yawn. It's not me saying the same things by myself everywhere with everyone ignoring me. Waaaah!

My name is Who
Who

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Who are you? I am Who. It's Who to you. Jim Jr Who. Sam Garcia Who. Who Who. You Who? NO, Me Who!

Yawn. Conspiracy black tie butt flicker. What's your name?
Who

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

BG abuses everyone he meets. Why do you think he doesn't? You don't even know him. Do you? Nope.
Who re Anyone

Phelan, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

So when is this civil trial supposed to take place??!!
Never knew one could be so prolonged.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,781 - 1,800 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••