Local: Visalia pastor sues son over '...

Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

There are 1863 comments on the The Fresno Bee story from Oct 18, 2012, titled Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'. In it, The Fresno Bee reports that:

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Fresno Bee.

Who

Manteca, CA

#1641 Feb 8, 2013
Dear General Reader,
It is highly unfortunate that Alex has to date not put together a coherent chronology of events leading up to the lawsuit.
Had he, I believe you, General Reader, would come to some different conclusions than the ones Alex is trying to lead you to using his hate campaign.
-
Fact: Alex has exhibited, with various contributors at michaelnewnham.com , a propensity/proclivity to mischaracterze, misrepresent, misreport and outright lie about private conversations and communications that he has with other people. There is an e-mail and blogging trail to support this fact.

Fact: There is (and has been for some time) a division in the Grenier household.

Fact: Divisions in a household are not illegal, and in fact have sometimes been known to be unavoidable, especially when one party is intransigent....it takes two to tango, and if the partner doesn't want to tango, well there's not much that can be done to remedy the situation.
This is not illegal. And in fact, with all relevant information on the table, such a division in a household can actually be seen to be understandable. Shocking, I know!

Fact: Alex' assertion that the General Reader will have to, and I quote, "wait for the details," shows that Alex has a habit of/proclivity to keep all relevant information away from the general reader in an attempt to carefully manipulate public opinions against his mother and father.

Who

Manteca, CA

#1642 Feb 8, 2013
Proposition: The Westboro Baptist Church is immoral/wrong for protesting soldiers' funerals to further their own ideological agenda.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1643 Feb 8, 2013
2004 - Alex has a conversation with Bob.
Alex has written about this, but given his credibility issues (that I've seen exampled with participants at michaelnewnham.com ), Alex' account of this conversation must be met with healthy skepticism until evidence is given to the general reader to support his, Alex' conclusion.
-
It seems that this is when the breach in the family occurred, and since Alex began professing Christianity in 2009, it is possible that the discussion was religious in nature, and not about falsely alleging abuse.
At any rate, we cannot today know what was the source of Alex' conflict with his father, and we cannot know why the division in the family occurred.
If we were flies on the wall during that conversation, the division in the family might even be (gasp!) understandable.
-
2004 - Alex continues to hound his father about his concocted and thus false allegations of abuse.

2005- Alex' son is born, division in the family continues, Alex continues to hound his father and mother after they have made it clear that any and all contact is undesired by them.
This is not illegal, and may in fact be quite understandable, especially if Alex is using bullying tactics to goad his parents into further connection.

2006 - Alex continues to attempt to bully his way into communication. He contacts Bob a "few" times and contacts his mother "several" times, and his attempts are rebuffed.
This is not illegal, and might even be understandable. We would have to know ALL of the facts, and these facts are exactly what Alex has refused to provide, for going on a few years now.

2007 - At a funeral--YES, AT A FUNERAL (thus the Westboro Baptist connection), Alex' wife brings her children to CCV and attempts to bully her way into a meeting with Alex' mother. Alex is not present.
KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS AT A FUNERAL.
Amy's attempt is rebuffed by Gail. This is not illegal, and may even be understandable.

2007-2008-2009 - Alex sells his advertising business. Alex moves to Idaho with his wife and children and opens a pawn and gun shop. Alex' wife discovers topix.com . Alex begins a phone call and e-mail campaign to any and every person even tangentially associated with Bob Grenier, wherein Alex makes all sorts of accusations about conduct that he says occurred roughly FIFTEEN YEARS PRIOR.
Alex finds these people cold to his courting.

2010 - Gene Pensero recommends that Alex take his concerns to CCOF. Alex does so. CCOF refuses to, in the absence of evidence, bend their rules to serve Alex' agenda.
This is not illegal, and may even be understandable.

June 2010 - Who begins posting at topix.com .

July/August 2010 - Alex starts his refuse collector of a hatesite whereon he continues making all sorts of non-specific allegations without in any way providing supporting evidence that would allow the disinterested reader to come to his or her own conclusions.

Late 2010/early 2011 - Once again Alex' wife Amy shows up at CCV, unannounced and WITHOUT ALEX, and attempts to bully her way into a meeting with Alex' mother.
Just like three years prior, Alex' mom refuses to be bullied into meeting with someone with whom she may have a good reason for not wanting to meet with.
This is not illegal, and may in fact be understandable.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1644 Feb 8, 2013
From THIS side of the fence, Alex' wife looks more culpable than Alex.
My guess is that Amy hates Gail and Alex is conducting a hate campaign to keep Amy off his ass for procrastinating on washing the dishes.

2011- Paul's accusation surfaces for the first time.

2012 - Alex' allegations grow and grow like Pinnochio's nose to include accusations that seem constructed to give credence to Paul's claims.
Why was a "showering" incident completely unmentioned by Alex until 2012? Could it be that reading about the Sandusky affair gave him ideas? Seems likely to me, more likely in fact than the possibility that the showering incident occurred.
If Alex were a serial killer we would call him a copycat.

My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1645 Feb 8, 2013
It is my hope that this loose chronology (which is the best that I could do given Alex' attempts to muddy the chronological, ideological and factual waters) will help the general reader navigate their way through the enduring saga that is
Alex Grenier's cyberbully hate campaign against the only family that loved him enough to raise him, a hate campaign motivated by Alex' disgust that his father made him shop for clothes at Miller's Outpost in high school in lieu of letting Alex wear Smiths t-shirts like all the other wanna-be pre-emo losers.
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1646 Feb 8, 2013
And you, David Sessions, can put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.
Who

Nampa, ID

#1647 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
Dear General Reader,
Fact: Who has exhibited, with various contributors at topix.com , a propensity/proclivity to mischaracterze, misrepresent, misreport and outright lie about private conversations and communications that he has with other people. There is a topix and blogging trail to support this fact.
I agree Who! Good point!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1648 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
Dear General Reader,
Alex has to date put together a coherent chronology of events leading up to the lawsuit.
I believe you, General Reader, would come to some conclusions than the ones Alex is trying to lead you to using his truth campaign.
-
Fact: Alex has exhibited consistency in reporting the facts of the Grenier story and has much corroboration from third parties that are credible
Fact: There is (and has been for some time) a division in the Grenier household due to the abuse in the home and bob's lying about it
Fact: Divisions in a household are not illegal, and in fact have sometimes been known to be unavoidable, especially when one party is an abuser...
Abuse is illegal. And in fact, with all relevant information on the table, such a division in a household can actually be seen to be understandable. Shocking, I know!
Fact: Alex' assertion that the General Reader will have to, and I quote, "wait for the details," shows that Alex is listening to his lawyers and being wise and prudent.
EXCELLENT POINTS WHO!!!!!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1649 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2004 - Alex confronts Bob about the child abuse in the home..
Alex has written about this, Bob denies the abuse but given his credibility issues (that I've seen exampled over the years with many testifying to such), Bob's account of this conversation must be met with healthy skepticism until evidence is given to the general reader to support Bob's conclusion.
Who, call you butta, you're on a rollllll! Good points Who!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1650 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
When Alex confronted the abuse in the home, It seems that this is when the breach in the family occurred. Alex recommitted his life to the Lord in 2009, which is entirely irrelevant to the facts surrounding the abuse and corruption by Bob as corroborated by testimony of many others.
At any rate, we can know that the source of Alex' conflict with his father was the confrontation regarding the child abuse in the home as evidenced by the subsequent split and shunning and multiple testimonies and evidence of such.
If we were flies on the wall during that conversation, the division in the family might even be (gasp!) understandable. Abuse in the home is a serious issue and when the perpetrator of abuse doesn't take responsibility for his actions it is understandable to see why the abuser would shun the victims and why the victims would no longer associate with the abuser.
Good points Who!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1651 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
-
2004 - Alex continues to confront his step-father about the abuse in the home
2005- Alex' son is born, division in the family continues, due to Bob's deflection and covering up the abuse in the home and not taking responsibility for it. Bob begins a strategy to lie and deflect the abuse from being known and implements a shunning campaign and poisoning the well campaign to smear his children who are rightfully confronting his abusiveness. Alex doesn't succumb to Bob's pressure and denial of the facts and continues to confront the abuse.
This is not illegal, and may in fact be quite understandable, victims have the right to confront their abusers and to seek justice and to speak out about it, even publicly, especially when it is a pastor and police chaplain who presents himself as a public example of morality.
Wow Who! You are on it today! GREAT points!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1652 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2006 - Alex continues to attempt to hold his step-father accountable and to get justice. He contacts Bob a "few" times and contacts his mother "several" times, and his attempts are rebuffed.
This is not illegal, and might even be understandable for a son to want a relationship with his mother while not succumbing to the abuse in the home and bob's continued lying about it and bob's continued dodging of taking responsibility for it. We would have to know ALL of the facts, and these facts are exactly what Bob has refused to provide, for going on a few years now.
That's solid stuff WHo. Wow.
Who

Nampa, ID

#1653 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2007 - Big tell, LOL! CAMP BOB alert! Camp Bob alert! Smoking gun!!! Woohoo! You just can't keep it together and there is legal precedent for your sort of behavior, I have a recent case to refer to. Your efforts have been harassing and in response to whisteblowing and for the sole purpose, as you have stated many times, to silence me
Good points Who!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1654 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2007 - Alex' wife brings her children to CCV as an invited guest at a long-time friend's funeral. She thinks that her in-law would want to see her grandkids. What grandma wouldn't want to see her grankids?.
Wow, that's a sobering question Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1655 Feb 9, 2013
Dear General Reader,
It is highly unfortunate that Alex has to date not put together a coherent chronology of events leading up to the lawsuit.
Had he, I believe you, General Reader, would come to some different conclusions than the ones Alex is trying to lead you to using his hate campaign.
-
Fact: Alex has exhibited, with various contributors at michaelnewnham.com , a propensity/proclivity to mischaracterze, misrepresent, misreport and outright lie about private conversations and communications that he has with other people. There is an e-mail and blogging trail to support this fact.

Fact: There is (and has been for some time) a division in the Grenier household.

Fact: Divisions in a household are not illegal, and in fact have sometimes been known to be unavoidable, especially when one party is intransigent....it takes two to tango, and if the partner doesn't want to tango, well there's not much that can be done to remedy the situation.
This is not illegal. And in fact, with all relevant information on the table, such a division in a household can actually be seen to be understandable. Shocking, I know!

Fact: Alex' assertion that the General Reader will have to, and I quote, "wait for the details," shows that Alex has a habit of/proclivity to keep all relevant information away from the general reader in an attempt to carefully manipulate public opinions against his mother and father.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1656 Feb 9, 2013
2004 - Alex has a conversation with Bob.
Alex has written about this, but given his credibility issues (that I've seen exampled with participants at michaelnewnham.com ), Alex' account of this conversation must be met with healthy skepticism until evidence is given to the general reader to support his, Alex' conclusion.
-
It seems that this is when the breach in the family occurred, and since Alex began professing Christianity in 2009, it is possible that the discussion was religious in nature, and not about falsely alleging abuse.
At any rate, we cannot today know what was the source of Alex' conflict with his father, and we cannot know why the division in the family occurred.
If we were flies on the wall during that conversation, the division in the family might even be (gasp!) understandable.
-
2004 - Alex continues to hound his father about his concocted and thus false allegations of abuse.

2005- Alex' son is born, division in the family continues, Alex continues to hound his father and mother after they have made it clear that any and all contact is undesired by them.
This is not illegal, and may in fact be quite understandable, especially if Alex is using bullying tactics to goad his parents into further connection.

2006 - Alex continues to attempt to bully his way into communication. He contacts Bob a "few" times and contacts his mother "several" times, and his attempts are rebuffed.
This is not illegal, and might even be understandable. We would have to know ALL of the facts, and these facts are exactly what Alex has refused to provide, for going on a few years now.

2007 - At a funeral--YES, AT A FUNERAL (thus the Westboro Baptist connection), Alex' wife brings her children to CCV and attempts to bully her way into a meeting with Alex' mother. Alex is not present.
KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS AT A FUNERAL.
Amy's attempt is rebuffed by Gail. This is not illegal, and may even be understandable.

2007-2008-2009 - Alex sells his advertising business. Alex moves to Idaho with his wife and children and opens a pawn and gun shop. Alex' wife discovers topix.com . Alex begins a phone call and e-mail campaign to any and every person even tangentially associated with Bob Grenier, wherein Alex makes all sorts of accusations about conduct that he says occurred roughly FIFTEEN YEARS PRIOR.
Alex finds these people cold to his courting.

2010 - Gene Pensero recommends that Alex take his concerns to CCOF. Alex does so. CCOF refuses to, in the absence of evidence, bend their rules to serve Alex' agenda.
This is not illegal, and may even be understandable.

June 2010 - Who begins posting at topix.com .

July/August 2010 - Alex starts his refuse collector of a hatesite whereon he continues making all sorts of non-specific allegations without in any way providing supporting evidence that would allow the disinterested reader to come to his or her own conclusions.

Late 2010/early 2011 - Once again Alex' wife Amy shows up at CCV, unannounced and WITHOUT ALEX, and attempts to bully her way into a meeting with Alex' mother.
Just like three years prior, Alex' mom refuses to be bullied into meeting with someone with whom she may have a good reason for not wanting to meet with.
This is not illegal, and may in fact be understandable.
Who

Manteca, CA

#1657 Feb 9, 2013
From THIS side of the fence, Alex' wife looks more culpable than Alex.
My guess is that Amy hates Gail and Alex is conducting a hate campaign to keep Amy off his ass for procrastinating on washing the dishes.

2011- Paul's accusation surfaces for the first time.

2012 - Alex' allegations grow and grow like Pinnochio's nose to include accusations that seem constructed to give credence to Paul's claims.
Why was a "showering" incident completely unmentioned by Alex until 2012? Could it be that reading about the Sandusky affair gave him ideas? Seems likely to me, more likely in fact than the possibility that the showering incident occurred.
If Alex were a serial killer we would call him a copycat.

My name is Who.
Who

Nampa, ID

#1658 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2007-2008-2009 - Alex sells his advertising business. Alex moves to Idaho with his wife and children and opens a pawn and gun shop. Alex' wife discovers topix.com . Alex feels bad for the people on topix who are sharing their terrible stories about BG and CCV. Alex feels a conviction to speak up and validate these people's hurts and abuses and lets them know not all is as it appears on the BG surface and that they aren't bad people and that BG is not what he presents himself to be as the beacon of public morality. Alex is inundated with responses and emails and many people reach out to him after he speaks out. Alex is informed about a lot of very bad stuff. Alex begins to speak out more and begins to re-confront the abuses and begins to approach the church authority structure and the legal system to bring justice and accountability to these matters. Alex continues to speak out to warn, expose, tell it unto the church, rebuke them publicly, etc as the bible commands and Alex continues to call for BG to repent, etc. exercising his rights under the Constitution of the United States, etc. and following his spiritual convictions
Who, those are such excellent points.
Who

Nampa, ID

#1659 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
2010 - Gene Pensiero recommends that Alex take his concerns to CCOF, we do not know why CCOF and Roger Wing received many first-person testimonies of abuse and corruption but did nothing to our knowledge. That may be uncovered later and would probably take a court action due to the opacity of CC and the history of dodging responsibility.
Good point WHO!
Who

Nampa, ID

#1660 Feb 9, 2013
Who wrote:
June 2010 - Who begins a hate campaign and cyberbullying effort with the expressed goal of getting Alex to stop speaking out. To date that Campaign has been highly successful. Not..
LOL, GREAT point who!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arrests posted May 3, 2015, on the Lafayette Pa... 19 hr Harley Rider 1
News Ohio police begin use of domestic violence scre... Sun Kill the Patriot Act 1
News Duggar Scandal Should Prompt TLC To Help Fight ... May 30 New Perspective 3
News Court Transcripts: Bill O'Reilly Abused His Wif... May 23 Tazo 1
News Mother Sentenced For Leaving Toddler At Home Wh... May 17 Kim Freeman 4
News Martina McBride returning to Reading with 'Ever... May 12 spunky 1
News Florida vs. Obamacare: A critical healthcare fu... May 12 the Ace of Spades 2
More from around the web