Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Comments (Page 75)

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
You used to post on topix.com incessantly before who showed up? Before Who showed up. And to think that all I did was ask very basic questions.
Next page I will take you back to square one
and go over each successive step with you again.
minus the wiktionary.org quotes.
My name is Who.
Sounds good. Bring it don't sing it.

You'll never get me to stop posting on topix.

and if you disagree, you are free to use that box provided by topix below to respond

my name is calvarychapelabuseDOTcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Chain of Causation. I post you reply. As you stated, I was posting long before you and I will be posting long after you. Who? YOu that's Who.

the box, use it!

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

you post, I reply, I post you reply, the ongoing discussion is part of our First Amendment rights and not Luddidiot canard will stop me from

....posting on topix

your turn

use the box
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Step 1:
Alex Grenier is a semi-experienced former media professional that is currently engaged in and is actively managing an internet-driven, cyberbully hate campaign against those he wishes to blame for the way his life turned out, which makes him feel good about himself, like a drug.
Do you agree or disagree with the previous proposition?
Please provide your one-word answer and your reasonS for that one-word answer in the empty box that topix.com has provided for you below.
Thank you in advance, Who.
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Most that have suffered abuse do not go on to abuse.
Those that do abuse have likely been abused.
Some that abuse have not been abused.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Here's a paradigmatic example of abuse.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
Step 1:
Alex Grenier is a semi-experienced former media professional that is currently engaged in and is actively managing an internet-driven, cyberbully hate campaign against those he wishes to blame for the way his life turned out, which makes him feel good about himself, like a drug.
Do you agree or disagree with the previous proposition?
Please provide your one-word answer and your reasonS for that one-word answer in the empty box that topix.com has provided for you below.
Thank you in advance, Who.
Disagree.

First Amendment right, biblical command to "expose, warn, rebuke them publicly, tell it unto the church universal, etc"

Media experience is irrelevant. "cyberbully hate campaign" is a made up term and a non sequitur. There is no case law, no such thing.

"against those he wishes to blame for the way his life turned out": Red Herring. My life turned out pretty good considering the abuse I have had to overcome

"which makes him feel good about himself, like a drug.": I feel good about myself for standing up and speaking out and advocating for Just Causes and making a dent.

My turn:

Bob was a drug dealer and drug smuggler while flying the Lt. Gov of Florida around (in Bob's own words). Took a really good talent in deceit and lying to pull that off without getting popped

Bob got "saved" yet he continued to do very bad things like abuse his kids, abuse church monies (according to many witnesses) and his blood son Paul accuses him of molestation

Bob has close political ties with local law enforcement as evidenced by all the endorsements in bob's book and by the fact that Bob has campaigned for several and has had them speak at his church (which is an endorsement)

It was discovered in my investigation that Bob confessed to punching Geoff, a minor child in bob's care, in the face and that the CCV board didn't report the matter to police. Much abuse happend before and after that incident of abuse. I and another were eyewitness to that violent episode which was much more than a punch to the face.

Bob was confronted for his abuse privately, the next step was to try and work through the church which thwarted the effort for justice and accountability and they covered up and protected the abuser. The next step per Matt. 18 is to "tell it unto the church" as I discovered that the bad behavior continued long after I was cult-like shunned for speaking up.

The government has been and is being petitioned to take action and bring justice. Speaking out is continuing to "expose" and "warn' and draw attention to the serious true issues of a public figure in a position of trust.

The statute of limitations may have expired on the physical child abuse (which is the official reason I was given by VPD as to why the child abuse case didn't move forward). Other investigations that may or may not be happening...I don't know the result and assume they might be ongoing.

Paul alleges Bob molested him. Serious issue that needs to be fully investigated by Law Enforcement.

Whether you like it or not, Who won't shut me up. Ever.

Question: If a blood son of a Police Chaplain comes forward with allegations of being molested, should the Police Department of that Chaplain take the charges seriously and launch a formal criminal investigation?
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I'm assuming they were part of Paul's original statement to VPD?
If they were, then they HAVE been investigated.
If they were not, why the delay?
If they were not a part of Paul's original report, and the allegation surfaces a mere month or so AFTER he talked to VPD, why the delay?
Seems to me to be a transparent tactic to "spread out" the allegations over time in a specious attempt to restore momentum to a hate campaign that was obviously running out of steam.
A little too convenient for you for my taste.
There's your answer.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Fact: Geoff was a muscular, violent bully whose behavior necessitated a harsher form of discipline than would be required for a little bitty girl. His steroid abuse made an appropriate level of discipline both more necessary and more difficult to administer.

Fact: Alex perceives his childhood as filled with poor parenting, and he is now years later armchair quarterbacking his way into court. Alex recounted his perceptions of poor parenting to Detectives of the Visalia Police Department a few years back ('ish).
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Fact: Alex has only within the last year spoken of showering with his father once. He either remembered it, made it up, or assigned to it a significance that it had previously not held for him. His memory was only written about after he and Paul met with an attorney that pays his rent by suing people and organizations that he believes he can win against.

Fact: Family members of the same gender have been known to, out of occasional necessity, bathe together. This is not prima facie abusive, and Alex gives it a spin that the unmentioned event had never had for him before.

Fact: Fathers occasionally and out of necessity sometimes leave their bedroom in their longjohns.

Fact: Bob Grenier had a vasectomy, and Alex is levying various claims regarding this that are being made for the first time today. His claims would have more credibility if they were part of his story from day one. However, given Alex' propensity to exaggerate and invent, I believe that Alex' most recent claims should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Fact: Former staff claim that there occurred financial abuses and corruption, though there is no evidence presented to support those assertions, and said staff have received no specialized training in those areas of life and are thus in no position to make a valid determination.

Fact: There is much more coming down the pike because Alex has an active imagination and has no problem inventing other events as he sees fit.

Fact: Bob is acquainted with some law enforcement agencies, and Alex claims that Bob has "very strong political connections" without providing any account of what those connections are, who those connections are with, and how Alex came to know of said alleged connections.

Fact: The abuse and corruption is illegal. Despite some investigating that was instigated by Alex, no wrongdoing or illegal activity has been found to have occurred.

My name is Who.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
I'm assuming they were part of Paul's original statement to VPD?
If they were, then they HAVE been investigated.
If they were not, why the delay?
If they were not a part of Paul's original report, and the allegation surfaces a mere month or so AFTER he talked to VPD, why the delay?
Seems to me to be a transparent tactic to "spread out" the allegations over time in a specious attempt to restore momentum to a hate campaign that was obviously running out of steam.
A little too convenient for you for my taste.
There's your answer.
My name is Who.
You'll have to wait for those details. You assume much and assume wrongly, but I believe that is intentional manipulation on your part as part of the Who canard and intentional harassment to try and silence me, which you have stated is your goal to get me to "stop posting on topix"

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
Fact: Geoff was a muscular, violent bully whose behavior necessitated a harsher form of discipline than would be required for a little bitty girl. His steroid abuse made an appropriate level of discipline both more necessary and more difficult to administer.
Fact: Alex perceives his childhood as filled with poor parenting, and he is now years later armchair quarterbacking his way into court. Alex recounted his perceptions of poor parenting to Detectives of the Visalia Police Department a few years back ('ish).
Read my response further up the thread, I can copy and paste it if you'd like.

Again, looks to be intentional tactic by you to try and harass and get me to stop speaking out on topix which is your stated goal (many times).

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
Fact: Not a fact at all and I think Geoff could sue you. Geoff was not big at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and he got bigger at 15 and 16, but he did not deserve the extreme violence and abuse he somehow endured for many many years, from a small child to a teen. Geoff was not taking steroids at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

Geoff has never tested positive for steroids in college or pros and he denies Bob's statement and says the statement is defamatory. Geoff did not get really big until his senior year of high school and college..well after Bob kicked him out of the home after Bob punched him in the face.

Geoff did not deserve to be abused and he was beaten and abused regularly for many many years. I personally witnessed the violent episode where Bob confessed to punching Geoff in the face. Geoff did not deserve it as you seem to suggest. Bob beat the kid down for so long, imprisoned him in the coat closet, kicked him when he was on the ground writhing in pain from an appendicitis attack (but Bob said he was faking it, but Geoff had his appendix removed hours later), beat Geoff all over his body with the branch of our mulberry tree, hit the kid in the face with open hand punches as hard as he could, pinched the kids neck like spock, beat the kids lower back, back of legs and buttocks leaving bruises constantly, threatened the kid, intimidated the kid and inflicted numerous amounts of intentional harm on him and I have only described some of the abuse.

Bob should be ashamed of the abuse. Bob chose to frame it as a "temper problem" rather than accepting responsibility for his abusive actions toward all of us. If the CC Visalia Board had reported the abuse that was confessed to them, I am confident an investigation by police would have resulted in an arrest, possibly PTSD counseling and treatment for Bob and further abuse could have been stopped.

It is "Fact" that Bob told his Board and other pastors that he 'struggled" with a "temper problem". Unfortunately, that was a reframing of Child Abuse and Spousal Abuse as the actions that arose from Bob's "temper problem" were abusive.

And, if you don't like hearing the truth stated publicly, you can sue me.

My name is CalvaryChapelAbusedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
Fact: Bob's words to spin the abuse as "perceived poor parenting" is an attempt to reframe the Child Abuse as something other than what he did. There is a big difference between "poor parenting" and Child Abuse. My report to the Detectives included recounting many examples of specific Child Abuse and I even demonstrated the severity of the hits to the face. The interview was tape recorded and I followed up the interview with emails (which I have on file and are referenced in the Report) as a follow up to make sure I had proof of the testimony given to the Visalia Police Department. The email history shows the emails being sent and received and they included the many details I shared in the interview with Detectives and many of the specific incidences of abuse described meet and exceed the definition of Child Abuse per the State of California.

The VPD told me the DA kicked back the case and didn't press formal charges due to "statute of limitations"

There is no spiritual statute of limitations however, and there is no statute of limitations on my speaking out publicly about the abuse. Bob can sue me all he wants, his goal (and Who's stated goal) to shut me up will not work. Again, if you want to shut me up, you'll have to kill me.

I call on Bob to confess and repent and come clean and seek mercy while answering for his abuses.

I petition the Government in Visalia to administer Justice in these matters.

This is a Marathon, not a Sprint. I look forward to the results of the lawsuit and I hope it leads to action and justice being meted out to our Abuser.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Response to Who above:

Fact: Untrue. I have told others well before this last year and I can provide those witnesses if this becomes a Criminal investigation. I also believe I disclosed this to Detectives at the VPD years ago (and the interviews were tape recorded, so there should be a record of it unless they say they lost it like they did Paul's police report he filed years ago for the threats made against him). The interview can be checked and I believe I recall telling the Detectives that Bob had made me shower with him naked but that I don't ever recall him touching me or being aroused when we were showering.

Kelly Clark actually does a lot of Pro Bono work and from my time with the man, he really cares about Victims

CC better hope they never face Kelly Clark in a more victim-friendly state...they'll rue the day.

I hope the VPD will produce the tapes of the interviews. I would like the hear what was told them in total and then compare it to the report that they compiled. I would also like to see if I did in fact disclose the fact that Bob made me shower with him. If I didn't disclose it at that time (and I think I did) it would be because I was focused on the physical Child Abuse and I didn't consider the showering to be abuse at the time, though I thought it was weird and it made me uncomfortable.

After Paul disclosed his molestation allegations, I began to realize the showering might be more than just weird.

After talking with a licensed therapist who is an expert in these matters, she told me that Abusers with often "groom' their victims and that sometimes sexual abusers will start with small steps like "showering" and exposing themselves (like walking around naked in front of the children) and then later beginning to touch them, etc etc.

In hindsight, I have a different perspective on the showering and Bob walking around buck naked, genitals exposed.

Fact: A licensed therapist who is an expert in sexual abuse told me that "showering" is often a gateway into further abuse. If Bob making me shower with him naked was all there ever was, that would be one thing. If another, years later, was made to shower and then reported molestation...that is another ballgame.

The event was not unmentioned, I have told others over the years about it, many years ago. It was weird. Now that Paul alleges molestation, the showering takes on a whole new context to me.

Fact: Bob walked around us buck naked, with genitals fully exposed. That is different than wearing longjohns. He did this as a regular practice during many years in our home. He made a joke about it called "naked preacher man". In hindsight, with Paul's allegations of molestation, I don't find it funny.

Who is a canard in an effort to silence free speech and speaking out about abuse and corruption in the church.

Fact: I have recounted the fact Bob showed me his swollen genitals as a result of his vasectomy. His nuts swelled up like a punching bag. It was weird that he would do that and it takes on a different context for me after hearing Paul's molestation allegations.

I think Bob's story should be met with a healthy level of skepticism.
Fact: There is much more coming down the pipe. Marathon, not a Sprint. Some big players are paying attention to CC

Fact: Bob's book is endorsed by Phil Cline, former DA, Bill Wittman, Sheriff, a former VPD Police Chief etc. I have personally witnessed the close relationship Bob has with Sheriff Bill Wittman over the course of many years and I have witnessed Bob's close relationship with the Visalia Police Department. I have heard these men speak at Bob's church and I have heard Bob endorse them publicly for office.

Fact: The Child Abuse was rejected due to "Statute of Limitations" which is the official reason I was given. I am not aware of the results of any other investigations that may have occurred. I assume any potential investigations would be ongoing and not completed.

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Psalm 7:15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

My intention is to get you to explain yourself.
you says
"...You'll have to wait for those details. You assume much and assume wrongly, but I believe that is intentional..."
Who says
Big red flag here. If your motives were what you continually say they are, there would be no need to make people "wait for details."
Seems that you are , ONCE AGAIN, withholding relevant details from the reading public in an attempt to gather a head of steam for your hate campaign---if you were telling the truth, there'd be no need to gather a head of steam.
You are confirming my suspicions about your motives here.
you says
"...You'll never get me to stop posting on topix..."
Who says
I agree. But a judge might succeed. And it is a fact that your posting at topix.com has been effectively curtailed by who? By Who, that's Who.
All I do is ask straightforward and simple questions that are relevant to providing the reading public with the information necessary to come to their own conclusions, and you repeatedly fail to provide the answers. Why is that?
Could it be that you do not want the reading public to make up their own minds? Could it be that you withhold information from the reading public for the purpose of controlling and manipulating public opinion, trying to move it in the direction you'd like to move it?
That's manipulation via media. Which is what I've accused you of for awhile now.
It's nice to see you giving me and the reader yet more evidence that your concern is not over truth. Nice to see you show me and the reader that your concern is not over victims of abuse.
It is about you regularly withholding information from the public with the hope that the public will have a diminished view of your father as a result.
you says
"...You'll have to wait for those details...."
Who says
This has always been, and continues to be, a huge red flag for me.
And that red flag is why I post on topix.com .
And I'll say it again...me asking simple straightforward questions with the attempt to bring as many relevant facts to the public eye is what drove you away from posting on topix.com like an inner-city crack ho.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

you says
"...Who is a canard in an effort to silence free speech..."
Who says
I really don't mind the 'free speech' canard---you piping it over and over again just makes you sound foolish.
Just like your fetish for posting topless pictures of yourself with not-so-witty captions all over the internet makes you look foolish.
-
The bill of rights provides for protection of the individual from the government.
It is technically impossible for one individual to silence another's free speech. Only the government can silence speech.
A newspaper is not required to print every cuckoo letter to the editor, and if they choose to NOT publish a kooky letter to the editor, they are NOT violating the letter writer's constitutional guarantee.
And you keep popping off like your neighbor can silence your speech.
Now.
If your neighbor asks very good questions that you refuse to answer because the answers you would be forced to provide and remain truthful would make you look foolish and you know it, that is not silencing free speech-that is your neighbor showing you to be a fool to the rest of the world.
It's not silencing your speech to ask you questions that you'd rather not answer. Your mouth may be shut, but that's not because of me; it's because YOU don't want to look like a fool if you can help it. And the Constitution does not guarantee to help keep you from looking like a fool-that would be government interference in the free marketplace of ideas.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

you quote
"...Psalm 7:15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made...."
Who says
So now you are using Bible verses to threaten me with legal action or physical harm?
I think the verse is currently WAY more applicable to you than it is to me.
I mean....you are the one that is paying for an attorney's services right now.
How does it feel, Alex, to sit in the bottom of the muddy pit that you dug?
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Why did that bad man rape my mom? Why did he spare me? Ramsaxker unite!

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Who wrote:
My intention is to lie, spin, obfuscate and play games in an effort to get you to stop posting on topix but it's not working
I agree Who!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••