Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Comments (Page 47)

Showing posts 921 - 940 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

DD DeWhoon Hoof Trimmer wrote:
When your alcohol soaked brain became the defender of child molesting conmen. That's Who.
I had two beers three weeks ago, and before that I hadn't been drunk in like two months, so keep painting me as an alcoholic in an attempt to deflect the general reader's attention away from my cogent probing of your hate campaign motivations.
you says
"... the defender of...conmen...."
Who says
That statement is libelous, slanderous and defamatory on its face. Please retract the statement, or I will label you 'douche.'
Thank you for your retraction and apology in advance.
Cordially,
Who.
Crack Baby

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>I had two beers three weeks ago, and before that I hadn't been drunk in like two months, so keep painting me as an alcoholic in an attempt to deflect the general reader's attention away from my cogent probing of your hate campaign motivations.
you says
Who says
That statement is libelous, slanderous and defamatory on its face. Please retract the statement, or I will label you 'douche.'
Cordially,
Who.
You a funcin ahole. why u protect child molesters fool.
Crack Baby

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>I had two beers three weeks ago, and before that I hadn't been drunk in like two months, so keep painting me as an alcoholic in an attempt to deflect the general reader's attention away from my cogent probing of your hate campaign motivations.
you says
Who says
Cordially,
Who.
u must like rapin littleboys to. fool
Zooom Hard

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

What the heck is this Who guys problem. He seems like a complete wackjob. Why does he like preachers who molest their own sons?
Zooom Hard

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Quack Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaahhhhh! He cyberbullied meeeee!
Ya, that law is for children, not for adults with a bully pulpit and an affinity for little boys.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

yawn
Afterwhile Pedofile

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Zooom Hard wrote:
What the heck is this Who guys problem. He seems like a complete wackjob. Why does he like preachers who molest their own sons?
No one really knows the answer to that one. He's just an idiot. A child molesters best friend. Why else would you back a guy with 3 out of 4 sons saying he did evil things to him. 1 says he molested him.

Why back a guy like that and make every excuse in the world for him. You are either him or you commited the same evils, hope not to get caught and defend the monster in hopes of saving his own butt.

Twisted and sick.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

you says
"...Why else would you back a guy..."
Who says
Once again, to all the newbies...I am not Bob. I do not necessarily "back" Bob.
If some person came forward with credible evidence that Bob is a bad guy, I'd be the first to agree that Bob is a bad guy.
Unfortunately for the gullible, I, Who, have yet to see a credible shred that would lead me to the conclusion that Bob is a bad guy.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but people lie about other people every day here on this earth.
Disgruntled sons trying to make life more difficult for the person that they blame for their own failings in life is not at all uncommon.
Just because Alex saying something doesn't make it true, any more than the NRA saying we should have guns in schools is reason to leave gun laws in America unchanged.
My name is Who.
If you disagree with me, then you should go to whatever institution that is responsible for your education and ask for a refund. Yes, I am THAT good!
Whos Dickless

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Alex says they were beaten.
Geoff says they were beaten.
Paul says he was molested.
Bobby says he likes fat girls and cows.

Paul & Bobby are tied for worst.

Who is dickless
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

George Bush Sr. says
"Read my lips. No new taxes."
George Bush Jr. says
"Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction."
Bill Clinton says
"I did not have sex with that woman."
Who says
"Seven point five inches."
Who also says
Only one of these quotes is the truth.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Sorry...can't help myself.
To any reader that finds themselves sipping the snake oil Aslix has sold them, read the following post from michaelnewnham.com to witness what drivel a mind the quality of Alex' is capable of inventing...
http://michaelnewnham.com/...
Now.
Alex says
"...I believe God “is”…the Uncaused Cause…the Eternal Being…the Singularity from which all things were created and caused.
Who says
I wouldn't call God a singularity, but why quibble?
Alex says
"...I don’t understand the Trinity. Neither do any of you. Those who claim to are either too stupid to realize they don’t understand it fully or they are lying...."
Who says
There is a substantive difference between "understanding" something and understanding something "fully." To distinguish between the two, other users of the English language use a verb different than "understand," but not Alex! He makes up his own rules for how the English language operates, and belittles anyone that disagrees that his unique usage is invalid.
Alex says
"...I believe that Salvation is through Faith/belief in Jesus Christ as Messiah. How that works itself out in Works vs. Grace etc, dunno for sure…neither does anyone...."
Who says
With one hand Alex says salvation is via faith in Christ. With the other hand he says salvation "works itself out" via "works vs. grace."
In other words, Alex DOESN'T believe salvation is via Christ. Alex believes salvation is via "Christ, works and grace." So which is it, Alex? Is salvation via Christ, or is salvation via Christ and works and grace?
Alex says
"...I believe that the bible is illogical, unreasonable and contradictory. I believe that Spiritual is by definition not reasonable or logical..."
Who says
So far, so good, except that "Spiritual" under Alex' analysis is disqualified from being spoken about at all. Once again, so far, so good.
Alex continues
"...I also believe that doesn’t make it “not truth”…it makes it illogical and unreasonable…and “foolish” at times…"
Who says
Here is the crux of Alex' problem. He believes that "truth" is "illogical, unreasonable and contradictory."
Well, hate to break this to you, Alex, but the way the language game is played, "unreasonable" and "truth" are mutually exclusive. I understand you may be unknowingly using language incorrectly. Personally,I believe you are using language manipulatively.
In any case, you, Alex, have the position that something can be both true and unreasonable.
Using this type of reasoning, many people every day convince themselves that like Jesus, murder is just alright.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Oops!
"and belittles anyone that disagrees that his unique usage is invalid."
should read
"and belittles anyone that disagrees that his unique usage is valid."
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Is it any wonder then that Alex' mouth spews forth all manner of bullshit.
I suppose if asked he would insist that his account of Grenier home life is the truth, and that his account is NOT illogical, contradictory and/or unreasonable.
So, when Alex' hate campaign needs truth to be objectively valid (i.e. true in all possible worlds), then that is the cereal he finds on top of his refrigerator.
When Alex is outside of his hate campaign he has no problem with truth being unreasonable and/or contradictory.
Personally, I've yet to see any evidence that would cause me to change my conclusion that Alex is a walking contraDICKtion.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Asheville, NC says
"...and the other abused siblings..."
Who says
This is exactly the point at issue, and what you are doing with that sentence is known in logical circles as 'begging the question.'
The question before the court of public opinion is whether or not Alex is telling the truth.
In your sentence, you assume that Alex is telling the truth.
You are free in this country to make that assumption, just like you are free in this country to shoot yourself in the kneecap with a shotgun.
You are free to do that...does that mean you should, simply because you can?
According to Alex' line of reasoning, you should, simply because you can.
It's a good thing he is in charge of a pawnshop and not something important.
It's a good thing you, NC, are typing on topix.com and NOT interacting with others in the real world.
But then if you are interacting with others, you are in North Carolina, so what do I care?
Didn't Dave Matthews teach you any better?
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

you says
"...Your stepson is..."
Who says
I have no stepson. Oh...I get it now! You think I'm Bob Grenier!
Ummm....I'm not Bob.
That's why I am free to call you douchebag. It's not like I'm a pastor or anything.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Who wrote:
Sorry...can't help myself.
To any reader that finds themselves sipping the snake oil Aslix has sold them, read the following post from michaelnewnham.com to witness what drivel a mind the quality of Alex' is capable of inventing...
http://michaelnewnham.com/...
Now.
Alex says
"...I believe God “is”…the Uncaused Cause…the Eternal Being…the Singularity from which all things were created and caused.
Who says
I wouldn't call God a singularity, but why quibble?
Alex says
"...I don’t understand the Trinity. Neither do any of you. Those who claim to are either too stupid to realize they don’t understand it fully or they are lying...."
Who says
There is a substantive difference between "understanding" something and understanding something "fully." To distinguish between the two, other users of the English language use a verb different than "understand," but not Alex! He makes up his own rules for how the English language operates, and belittles anyone that disagrees that his unique usage is valid.
Alex says
"...I believe that Salvation is through Faith/belief in Jesus Christ as Messiah. How that works itself out in Works vs. Grace etc, dunno for sure…neither does anyone...."
Who says
With one hand Alex says salvation is via faith in Christ. With the other hand he says salvation "works itself out" via "works vs. grace."
In other words, Alex DOESN'T believe salvation is via Christ. Alex believes salvation is via "Christ, works and grace." So which is it, Alex? Is salvation via Christ, or is salvation via Christ and works and grace?
Alex says
"...I believe that the bible is illogical, unreasonable and contradictory. I believe that Spiritual is by definition not reasonable or logical..."
Who says
So far, so good, except that "Spiritual" under Alex' analysis is disqualified from being spoken about at all. Once again, so far, so good.
Alex continues
"...I also believe that doesn’t make it “not truth”…it makes it illogical and unreasonable…and “foolish” at times…"
Who says
Here is the crux of Alex' problem. He believes that "truth" is "illogical, unreasonable and contradictory."
Well, hate to break this to you, Alex, but the way the language game is played, "unreasonable" and "truth" are mutually exclusive. I understand you may be unknowingly using language incorrectly. Personally,I believe you are using language manipulatively.
In any case, you, Alex, have the position that something can be both true and unreasonable.
Using this type of reasoning, many people every day convince themselves that like Jesus, murder is just alright.
Excellent contribution to the discussion, Who!
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Who wrote:
Is it any wonder then that Alex' mouth spews forth all manner of bullshit.
I suppose if asked he would insist that his account of Grenier home life is the truth, and that his account is NOT illogical, contradictory and/or unreasonable.
So, when Alex' hate campaign needs truth to be objectively valid (i.e. true in all possible worlds), then that is the cereal he finds on top of his refrigerator.
When Alex is outside of his hate campaign he has no problem with truth being unreasonable and/or contradictory.
Personally, I've yet to see any evidence that would cause me to change my conclusion that Alex is a walking contraDICKtion.
Excellent summary, Who!
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Thanks for noticing, Who!
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Motions filed

More stuff coming
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

This is from RadicalRealist of the Daily Kos who has been following our story for some time now and sees through the Camp Bob obfuscation and spin.

This is what he had to say on the blog today:

"Alex, I listened to all of your interviews on Remnant X Radio. Your command of the facts is compelling and your arguments are convincing. I am non-religious, politically progressive, while most of my siblings involved with cc churches. I think your experience provides a remarkable illustration of the mind-bending, authoritarian tactics that get used by leaders in this movement. How dare Chuck Smith describe your effort to shed light on Bob’s history of abuse as having a “bee in your bonnet.” I note that Remnant X Radio espouses a theology not unlike CC churches and seems pretty anti-gay. Their “theory” that the whole CC movement was tainted because Lonnie Frisbee happened to be gay is more than a little weird. Of course, in my opinion, It was bullying of people like Lonnie Frisbee by leaders of the Christian Right that helped taint the movement. Statements about your step-brother Paul suggest you might buy into this “theory” that LGBT folks are by nature victims of abuse. Since you are devoted to following the facts, I strongly recommend that you and others in the evangelical movement apply extreme rigor to facts about differences in sexual orientation.“Homosexuality” is a concept unknown to people who wrote the Bible, and we are only beginning to understand the variables that influence ingrained differences in human sexuality. Another possibility, one I find more convincing, is that LGBT kids get targeted for sexual abuse by predators and get bullied by peers because they are different. I hope Paul is getting lots of positive support and acceptance from everyone in his life. Time to end the cycle abuse."

Those outside the Camp CC / Bob/Who/ bubble see the stuff pretty clearly. I think the legal system will see it clearly as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 921 - 940 of1,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••