Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 Full story: The Fresno Bee 1,861

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Full Story
Ma Ma DeWhoon Fbombmer

Visalia, CA

#267 Nov 23, 2012
"OH YA,MY NAME DEWHOON AND I HAVE BALLOONED!"
Ma Ma DeWhoon Fbombmer

Visalia, CA

#268 Nov 23, 2012
"The top of the next page is mine also cause I'm so fat"
Who

United States

#269 Nov 23, 2012
you says
"...I think CC gets tested again in molestation lawsuits and..."
Who says
Your vindictive stance toward all things your father is on display here. Molestation cases aren't about 'testing' some group, they are about finding people guilty of a crime and punishing them for it. But this statement of yours betrays the fact that you care less about punishing criminals and consoling victims than you do about watching a judge blast people that you have been spewing vitriol about for years now.
Now.
If CC were behaving like the RCC, then you'd have a better argument. As it stands, you are trying to convince the general reader that CC equals RCC when the facts don't warrant that. Your attempts to bring public opinion into line with your personal views and agenda are deplorable. I completely disagree with you, and for that I and others that agree with me are branded
'free speech chillers.' Imputing a motive to someone doesn't make that their motivation. Just like saying you were abused doesn't make it true. Look up Fred West/House Of Horrors on youtube.com , General Reader, for what the courts consider 'abuse.'
you says
"...I think a good case can be made for agency relationship between mother ship and affiliated/associated CC's..."
Who says
Consider communicating with Another Voice from michaelnewnham.com on the agency relationship. He has some wonderful insights that directly contradict your version of reality, and his position has more law and facts on its side than does your position. But hey....if by typing this sentence you can influence other people to change their mind about your target, well...it's not like truth is important or anything...
you says
"...but it may take an attorney like a Kelly Clark to show this and maybe a court in a state like California..."
Who says
I've read your advertising for this lawyer before...is he giving you a reduced percentage of settlement for all the advertising you give him?!
Sure. Lone Ranger will somehow change facts.
And for all your political ruminations, it seems from my side of the aisle that when you want reduced gov't involvement, you spout heavy about tea party principles, and then when you have an axe to grind against a church you prefer an active judiciary.
It is unprincipled, and THAT'S my problem with your typing...you type what you think will get you what you want, and if you'd wanted something different, you'd simply type something else.
When done in a public forum such slippery principles look to me like public opinion manipulation. Which is after all what you received training for in college, and it is what you USED to do for a living. I think all of this is about how you are addicted to the media game, and when you found yourself out, you'd be willing to type anything to get back in.
no one is trying to intimidate me into silence? you says
"...What planet are you from LOL..."
Who says
Like Benicio Del Toro, I'm from Mars.
-
I'm going to drink some coffee right now, I'll respond to each of your latests points that I haven't touched on later....Like in a few minutes.
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#270 Nov 23, 2012
you says
"...Like the threats i've received..."
Who says
I have no knowledge of this and I have a healthy skepticism regarding your claims here. Claiming you've received threats certainly helps your argument, but it is for that reason I'm skeptical. It's just a little too convenient.
you says
"...and all the stuff from you and others telling me to shut up etc..."
Who says
All I've done is provide an alternative narrative to your public pronouncements and interpretations. You seem to think that if a person disagrees with you and says so, they are trying to chill your speech. That's just not the way things work, dog!
you says
"...isn't an effort to silence me?..."
Who says
I'm not trying to silence you. I'm merely disagreeing with you, and that is not nearly the same thing. You started posting at topix.com , not me. And since you are still posting to your heart's content, IF there was an attempt to silence you, it certainly hasn't worked. Ergo the lawsuit is NOT an attempt to chill speech. It is an attempt to bring a lawbreaker, you, to justice.
you says
"...like Chuck and his attorney's guilt trip telling me the blog is all lies...isn't an attempt to silence me?..."
Who says
No. It's an attempt to show an (ostensible) bro in Christ the error of his (your) ways.
you says
"...BG's ridiculous lawsuit isn't an attempt to silence me and intimidate me into silence?..."
Who says
No. You have broken the law with regard to libel/slander/defamation. Is a criminal proceeding against a confessed child molester an attempt to curb his freedom? I guess in some loose literary sense; it is MORE an attempt to hold said molester accountable for his actions. That's what this lawsuit is about....you have broken the law, and that's what people end up going to court for, usually. Criminal!
you says
"...Oh, OK, LOL. Clearly an effort to silence me from speaking out..."
Who says
Once again, not an attempt to silence you so much as it is a suit designed to get you to accept responsibility for your illegal behavior. ILLEGAL. UNLAWFUL. LAWBREAKER.
you says
"...about an institution of trust and public figure..."
Who says
There are MANY such institutions, and yet you go after a church that your father is in charge of like a pit bull. Your 'positions' argument would work better if your net were wider. But it ain't, and it's never been. Your net is shaped like Bob Grenier.
you says
"...about things that are very much in the public interest..."
Who says
Oh, I get it. Innuendo-izing, theorizing and speculating and implying and lying is allowed as long as it's in the 'public interest'? Okiedokie--I'm going to go mug that rich doctor because he has too much money in his wallet and since I'm going to spend that money at small local shops tomorrow, obviously my mugging him is not illegal because it is in the public's interest to have that money spread throughout the economy, because God knows that doctor isn't going to spend it!
you says
"...and very much a righteous cause.."
Who says
I'm not surprised to read you say that, but simply saying it doesn't make it true. I'm sure the Son of Sam believed he was engaged in a righteous cause, but his belief that he was righteous doesn't change the fact that he was a murderer.
Your relativistic thinking is evidence for the substandard education that Master's College is offering. Either that, or your former professors disavowed you like three years ago.
"Alex Grenier? No...Never heard of him. I was not his teacher..."
My name is Who.
Ma Ma DeWhoon Fbombmer

Visalia, CA

#271 Nov 23, 2012
DD DeWhoon has Ballooned wrote:
DD DeWhoon has Ballooned wrote:
Who wrote:
oh that's funny. If i WASN'T DRUNK RIGHT NOW i'D TRY TO GIVE YOU AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.
iF Y9OU HAVE FACTS, LET THEM FLY, IF NOT GO FUCK YOURSELF. i DON'T LIVE IN CHURCH AS A MATTER OF EXPERIENCE.
MY NAME IS wHO.
pS I KNOW THE CAPS LOCK
"Fact: Who Drunk Molester Pants doesnt know anyone involved.
Fact: If Who doesn't actually know anyone involved how can he have any facts? He can't.
Fact: Who is a drunk with no credibility.
Fact: Who is a paid cyber troll who works for CCVisalia.
I'll say this one again because it is the truth.
Fact: If Who doesn't actually know anyone involved how can he have any facts? He can't!
You don't know anything because you don't know anyone involved. You are a liar and a fool.
More lies, less substance then before.
"it's not that I defend Bob its that Alex won't answer my stupid poorly worded open ended questions. I asked really stupid things and when nobody answered them, I made up my own answers and that's how I know he truth, I created it"
I gotta say, that's some really stupid reasoning Who. More pathetic then ever.
Who said "Now its not enough that I bully Alex on here, I have to go to other sites to try to peace together my own hate campaign since I coined the phrase and everyone gives me credit for the lawsuit and I'm the best!"
"Oh and I'm Who, waaaaaaaaaaah!"
Poor Who, he can't dispute the facts so he makes up his own.
Ever get tired of lying and spreading hate Who? Do you ever get tired of defending a child molester?
Have you gone to met the man you defend Who? Have you coward?
Go meet him. He'd love to pat you on the back. It's a common thing. Happens all the time. See where that leads you. Lol
I'm 100% positive that he would have nothing but contempt for you. Because you are "beneath him." But that won't matter, you'll still worship at his alter. The alter if Bob.
The Alter of Bob. That's a scary thought isn't it.
Who wrote:
oh that's funny. If i WASN'T DRUNK RIGHT NOW i'D TRY TO GIVE YOU AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.
iF Y9OU HAVE FACTS, LET THEM FLY, IF NOT GO FUCK YOURSELF. i DON'T LIVE IN CHURCH AS A MATTER OF EXPERIENCE.
MY NAME IS wHO.
pS I KNOW THE CAPS LOCK
My name is Who, I spout more crap them humanly possible. Hey Who, did you ever go meet the man you are defending. Did you tell him what you are doing for him? Did ya?
Ma Ma DeWhoon Fbombmer

Visalia, CA

#272 Nov 23, 2012
DD DeWhoon has Ballooned wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote:
oh that's funny. If i WASN'T DRUNK RIGHT NOW i'D TRY TO GIVE YOU AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.
iF Y9OU HAVE FACTS, LET THEM FLY, IF NOT GO FUCK YOURSELF. i DON'T LIVE IN CHURCH AS A MATTER OF EXPERIENCE.
MY NAME IS wHO.
pS I KNOW THE CAPS LOCK
You know it's times like this that I like to look back on the testimonies if all the people Bob Grenier has screwed over the years. Some have moved on to other churches, in fact some have moved on to other CC with the full knowledge that what Bob did to them and others, can happen in any CC anywhere because the pastors own everything. No one is safe in any CC, there is no accountability and it is full if people like Who. Blind followers who will do everything they can to discredit anyone who goes against their false prophet. They don't worship God in CC, they worship the pastor and he worships power and money.

WWJD, CC wouldn't have the faintest idea.
Who

Manteca, CA

#273 Nov 23, 2012
No. Completely unnecessary. He's taking my arguments into court. What good would meeting me do?
DeWhoon has Balloned

Visalia, CA

#274 Nov 23, 2012
WWJD, He'd run around CC flipping tables and chasing people like BG out with whips.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#275 Nov 24, 2012
I skimmed some of your responses, too much garble and too incoherent to digest it all (as usual).

The molestation lawsuits are in the larger context of, as the Boy Scouts, Mormon Church, Catholic Church and others have learned in the courts...is about Agency relationship between and organization and its representatives.

Churches are Institutions of Trust, as Kelly Clark, Child Abuse attorney (friend of mine) who was recently featured in CNN, NBC etc. who stated recently he is "very much in my corner", have a Responsibility in our Society to make sure they do all they can to protect kids.

Calvary Chapel creates Positions of Trust and mini-Institutions of Trust by way of its Affiliation and Association contract with Calvary Chapel Senior Pastors.

I think in time they'll be held accountable for lack of being responsible in providing CC System-wide requirements to protect children in CC care and influence.

Calvary Chapel has flown quietly under the radar for many years. They're getting a closer looksie now, and partly thanks to BG, Chuck Smith's buddy.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#276 Nov 24, 2012
BG is a microcosm of a larger Problem in the Church.

I rely on my personal experience to help in the cause b/c it's my personal experience and a situation I know well and I have been contacted by many who have had similar experiences.

You may not like it, but I have the right to advocate and speak out and it's perfectly within the law and protected by the law.

You can throw a hiss fit all you want, doesn't change a thing :-)
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#277 Nov 24, 2012
What's also hilarious is that I've been lobbied by pastors from within Calvary Chapel (big names mind you) and many others from within CC to focus "just" on Bob and to leave the rest of CC alone, LOL.

They want me to only focus on Bob, but my focus is much broader b/c Bob is simply a microcosm of a larger problem in Calvary Chapel and in our Chaplains Programs across the Nation and in the Evangelical Church at large.

But, I'll still discuss my personal experiences and the truth whenever I want. This is America, not Iran or Soviet Russia (yet).
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#278 Nov 24, 2012
like I told you early on (and have reminded you of many times), I'll speak out until the day I die as I have not only the right, but also the conviction and responsibility to do such...and nothing you can do to stop it, remember that and just accept it ;-)
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#280 Nov 24, 2012
AV (Steve) is your Agency Law expert? LOL. He sold insurance and is a pastor.

I think I'll stick with an attorney like Kelly Clark's take.

Again, the Apparent Agency/Implied agency link would have to be established and argued well in a court like California.

We'll see what happens in the coming years. Very interesting that Big Calvary Chapel dissolved CCOF and fired Roger Wing etc and transitioned to the Calvary Chapel Association recently. Why did they do that?
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#281 Nov 24, 2012
btw, not buying your canard of random troll

you've got skin in the game as they say, that is obvious
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Caldwell, ID

#282 Nov 24, 2012
Person with skin in the game said, "All I've done is provide an alternative narrative to your public pronouncements and interpretations."

Ya, well, I'm doing the same. I disagree with Bob's book "A Common Miracle" and his public proclamations from the pulpit and his PR in the media etc etc.

In my opinion he shouldn't be trusted for the many reasons I and others have laid out.
Who

Manteca, CA

#283 Nov 24, 2012
you says
"...I skimmed some of your responses, too much garble and too incoherent to digest it all (as usual)..."
Who says
Pot, meet kettle! I'll go get some coffee and respond to your jumbled garble later.
Seven posts! Doesn't seem like your speech is chilled...just sayin'
Who

Manteca, CA

#284 Nov 24, 2012
you says
"...Calvary Chapel creates Positions of Trust and mini-Institutions of Trust...."
Who says
Sloppy thinking here. If a nonCC pastor plants a church, is that pastor in a position of trust? If yes, then obviously something else is doing the 'creating.' If no, then you have an axe to grind.
Fact is, Alex, there are many Positions of Trust, and they are created by social groupings called, well, SOCIETY.
If a police department hires a new officer, and that officer commits some horrible act, is it the department that is responsible for his crime?
Maybe in lawyer-land where everyone is looking for fees and settlements to make their rent.
Fact is, individuals commit crimes, individuals are thrown in jail, etc.
You've hate-raged against your family on the internet for years now.
You've tried to convince at least two people to bring charges against your father, and to date no one has.
I forgot the old nursery story...how many times did the little boy cry wolf?
My name is Who.
Who

Manteca, CA

#285 Nov 24, 2012
VPD and DA have investigated your claims and have found no supporting evidence to support you.
I know you disagree with that, but who cares? I don't.
People lose in court every day, and many of the losers skulk and complain about no justice----hell, they may spend the rest of their natural life BELIEVING that they were right and the courts were wrong.
But it just ain't worth a squirt of piss...and maybe they WERE wrong, and it's just that no amount of reasoning can convince them otherwise.
So, should the earth stop spinning on its axis, and should everyone up and leave work to try to explain to this one person how they are mistaken? No one has the time, and it's the LOSER'S responsibility to come to terms with reality.
More later. But I guess you knew that already.
Who

Manteca, CA

#286 Nov 24, 2012
Who says
"...If a nonCC pastor plants a church, is that pastor in a position of trust?..."
Who says
New idea for the legal industry. Whenever a crime is committed, LET'S SUE THE CITY!
Oh look, this business owner committed a crime. Let's sue the city (because they accepted his taxes in the form of a business license). Obviously if they had not taxed the businessman, then he couldn't legally conduct business. And since they tax him by giving him a license, they (the license) have created a position of trust in our city.
Oooohhh, the possibilities! Hear about a little insurance fraud? Sue the city! Obviously, since the fraudster lives in the city, the city is responsible, for, heck, if the city had not allowed him to live there, well then the fraud would not have been committed(?!).
My name is Who.
Sloppy reasoning by Alex, of course. I couldn't do it without you!!!!
Who

Manteca, CA

#287 Nov 24, 2012
you says
"...there are many Positions of Trust..."
Who says
Here's a good angle. Sex relations between adults and children are prohibited precisely because this "position of trust" exists between ANY adult and ANY child.
Which means that 'position of trust' is BAKED RIGHT IN any connection between an adult and a child.
The homeless man is in a position of trust over any child for this reason. Which is to say that the 'position of trust' argument is redundant at best, bottom-feeding fish food at worst. I opt for the latter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Domestic Violence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protective orders -- a tool against domestic vi... Oct 22 paraniod states 3
SAFE to hold domestic violence rally on Wednesday Oct 21 Liberal forever 1
Special Report part 4: The violence at home Oct 21 William Morgan 2
Vigil honors Pulaski County murder victim Oct 21 DISGUSTED 2
US expands reporting rule on campus sexual assault Oct 20 SirPrize 6
Utica women accused of falsely accusing men of ... Oct 17 curious 1
Honolulu police: No criminal case in sergeant a... Oct 15 Bakatari 5

Domestic Violence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE