Missouri toddler's death under investigation

Nov 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV

MOBERLY, MO - The Highway Patrol is helping investigate the death of an 18-month-old boy in central Missouri's Randolph County.

Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No Comments

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

?????
YOLO

Mexico, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Randolph County man was arrested Sunday in connection with the death of an 18-month old child.

Officials arrested 23-year-old, Joe Laswell Sunday afternoon after 18-month-old, Jaden Bradds was pronounced dead at the Moberly Regional Medical Center.

Laswell is being charged with second degree domestic assault and child abuse with additional charges pending. Laswell is an acquaintance of the child's mother and is being held at The Randolph County Jail.

The investigation is on-going, and an autopsy has been scheduled for Monday at the Boone County Medical Examiner's office in Columbia.

An autopsy of the boy is scheduled for Monday in Boone County. Investigators with Missouri State Highway Patrol are working the case along with the Randolph County Sheriff's Office.

(I copied this from the KOMU website)

Another innocent child died a child who could not defend themsleves.
so sad

Mexico, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

This is so sad. And to think that he will get away with this because lets face it, the sheriffs office couldnt solve a thing, even if it was on video with a written apology next to the tape.
The sheriff needs to budget for a third detective so they can be complete set of stoogies unstead of just larry and moe.
Such a shame, only hope is the patrol is involvef
well

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I'm tired of every month or so hearing about some baby or little kid being beaten to death. What the hell is wrong with people. I know about the meth and crack problem we have around here. What I don't understand is why aren't the parents talking to their kids and educating them about not using drugs and the consequences of using. If the drugs make you so stupid you can hurt or kill a little kid or baby then seriously don't use them! It's not a hard talk but it definitely needs to be discussed and understood! It's not an excuse either. If you're messed up on bath salts, oxycotton, meth, crack... whatever drug and you kill or hurt a little kid then well you deserve exactly what you gave to an innocent child who can't defend itself. I would really like to get a hold of these people and beat them to death!
That Casey girl, I'd like to hold her underwater till she can't breath. Eye for an eye!
I'm tired of hearing about children being murdered! Tired!!!
Kirsten

Ottumwa, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

THis was my baby cousin. I never even had the chance to meet him. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. That baby boy was taken so sudden, its not fair. But I know he is with the good lord now. Everything will be ok
like what

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

It breaks my heart when I hear of a child being hurt or killed by some no good for nothing piece of trash. And thats what they are, just plain pieces of trash. My hope is that they put this no good person to death, even though we'll have to house and feed him for umpteen years before he meets his maker. However, what is wrong with the mother of this child that she would have to have a man so bad that she would subject her baby to him? I don't understand these women that would put the baby in harms way. At least now, the little thing won't be hurt by another bully.
common sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
I'm tired of every month or so hearing about some baby or little kid being beaten to death. What the hell is wrong with people. I know about the meth and crack problem we have around here. What I don't understand is why aren't the parents talking to their kids and educating them about not using drugs and the consequences of using. If the drugs make you so stupid you can hurt or kill a little kid or baby then seriously don't use them! It's not a hard talk but it definitely needs to be discussed and understood! It's not an excuse either. If you're messed up on bath salts, oxycotton, meth, crack... whatever drug and you kill or hurt a little kid then well you deserve exactly what you gave to an innocent child who can't defend itself. I would really like to get a hold of these people and beat them to death!
That Casey girl, I'd like to hold her underwater till she can't breath. Eye for an eye!
I'm tired of hearing about children being murdered! Tired!!!
Im tired of hearing about kids being killed too but also tired of hearing people blaming parents for their kids doing drugs. you can teach your kids all the right things and them still do all the wrong things!! I dont know if drugs was involved in this childs death, all i know is whats been posted here but if the guy was on drugs, he was 23 and no longer his parents responsibility. do you think that a parent of a meth head or any other drug addiction is happy to watch their kid self destruct? It is hard to watch a kid or any loved one do that to themselves and once they are headed down that path they usually wont listen to anyone unless they hit rock bottom and you can only hope that rock bottom isnt dead or having killed someonelse. STOP always blaming the parents, it isnt always their fault.
Got it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I agree..parents are not responsible for a 23 yr old, however...they are responsible for an 18 month old! Where was mom??? You would have to KILL ME before you would EVER touch my child!
single mom

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I have been a single mom before. I have had to "settle" on who watched my kids. I couldn't afford anything more. You hope and pray that people are good. Not all are, and you don't always know someone is going to "snap". I never had any problems, but that mom was working. When you ask where was she...she was out taking care of her family. Would you ask the same of a man out working? She is hurting, she is blaming herself. You don't need to judge her, she will be harder on herself than any of you could. Have sympathy.
No excuse

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

single mom wrote:
I have been a single mom before. I have had to "settle" on who watched my kids. I couldn't afford anything more. You hope and pray that people are good. Not all are, and you don't always know someone is going to "snap". I never had any problems, but that mom was working. When you ask where was she...she was out taking care of her family. Would you ask the same of a man out working? She is hurting, she is blaming herself. You don't need to judge her, she will be harder on herself than any of you could. Have sympathy.
I don't care if she was working or not at some point in time she had to know he was being abused , for goodness sake there was bruises on the child from prior to this incident. It is in the court documents. As far as being a single mo I to was and I would never just "Settle" for someone when it came to watching my child, children's safety is not something to gamble with. Another thing , why is it that she had a man living there with her taking from her and her children, she should have had a clue right there that he was a worthless POS . Another thing , why is it that she still wants to be with this monster after he killed her child.....? She should blame herself she allowed this man to do this to her child , she should have done something when the bruises were first put on the child, she is just as guilty as him and should go to jail. She also should not have custody of the little girl either. I would like the chance at both of thief, guaranteed they will never hurt another child!!!!!!,!!!
well

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I apologize if I offended parents or if you think I am saying it was because of this boys parents this baby is dead. I do believe a lot of our problems with all these babies being beat and killed is the lack of educating and pushing our children to not procreate until they are positively ready. Do all the drugs you want as a teen or young person just wait to bring a child into the stupidity until you've outgrown it. I do believe this can be taught at home around the dinning room table.
I come from a rough background. I didn't have this guidance as a child either and I ended up being a teen mom. I really wish my mother had pushed contraceptive issues and instilled the hardships of being a parent into my dumb head. I love my kids and wouldn't talk a million dollars for them (won't give a nickle for another either) anyway
These lessons about having kids, drugs, right and wrong people, places and things do start at home.
The schools cannot teach our children everything. They are there to teach a curriculum not life lessons. Kids graduate (hopefully) and the teachers never deal with them again, parents are there till death. They do need to be more involved in their kids present and future, till death!
I realize the boys was 23 years-old. If it was my boys I'd be at the jail to beat the crap out of him.
I will keep the Bradds family in my thoughts and prayers. Along with this boys family. I doubt either will sleep well for a long, long time!
Got to say

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

That you people who want to bash the mother of this baby.........Get facts straight!!! And She is NOT still wanting to be with this man! PLEASE tell me how you get Your information! Or is it that you all have nothing better to do!!! Lacy is a very good mother!
Mindy

Tonganoxie, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

single mom wrote:
I agree with you. People have taken their kids to daycares before AND schools, only to find out the Janitor or someone molested them or abused them. It happens all of the time.

My heart goes out to this Mother. I am sure she is devastated. Sometimes people fool us. Sometimes we have no idea what people will do when we are not around.
Got to say

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Mindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. People have taken their kids to daycares before AND schools, only to find out the Janitor or someone molested them or abused them. It happens all of the time.
My heart goes out to this Mother. I am sure she is devastated. Sometimes people fool us. Sometimes we have no idea what people will do when we are not around.
Very Well Said! and so true.
No excuse

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Got to say wrote:
That you people who want to bash the mother of this baby.........Get facts straight!!! And She is NOT still wanting to be with this man! PLEASE tell me how you get Your information! Or is it that you all have nothing better to do!!! Lacy is a very good mother!
I know the facts that are in the probable cause statement and it clearly states there were old and new bruises. I see you didn't deny that. She had to know that child was being abused.
No excuse

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Got to say wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Well Said! and so true.
Read the probable cause statement it clearly states there was old and new bruises, so she had to know or she was doing it herself, it's not the same as leaving your child at a daycare and something happening, she had to have prior knowledge of the abuse. When those things happen at a daycare a caring parent does not take them back if they see bruises from abuse they report it, so do not try to make it look like she is unaware.she or he one had abused this child before if there were old and new injuries.
Mindy

Tonganoxie, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

No excuse wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the probable cause statement it clearly states there was old and new bruises, so she had to know or she was doing it herself, it's not the same as leaving your child at a daycare and something happening, she had to have prior knowledge of the abuse. When those things happen at a daycare a caring parent does not take them back if they see bruises from abuse they report it, so do not try to make it look like she is unaware.she or he one had abused this child before if there were old and new injuries.
Where do you find the probable cause statement because I would like to see how this reads??
KIRKENDOLL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

FOR GOD SAKES NO EXCUSE!!! BACK OFF...i really dont give a fuck "where" your getting your facts from but im someone who grew up and been threw alot of things with lacy she comes from a great family the same goes for jaydens father i grew up around him and he also comes from a good family...jayden was 18 months old babies do fall...joe will get what hes got coming hes a POS and we all know it!!! He will burn in hell and unless your sleeping with a cop how would know all these supposed so called "facts"...and HONESTLY THINK ABOUT IT IF IT WERE YOU IN LACYS SHOES WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE BASHING YOU UNLESS THEY KNEW THE WHOLE STORY. Again THINK ABOUT IT....YOU claim to be a mother but honestly no mother would bash another mother like that unless they were there!! And knew the damn story...rumors are like assholes honey everyones got one.SO SIT BACK SHUT UP AND LET THE DETECTIVES FINISH DOING THEIR JOBS!! JUSTICE WILL BE DONE FOR JAYDEN REGARDLESS!!! Again remember all your doing is upsetting alot of people
No excuse

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find the probable cause statement because I would like to see how this reads??
KMIZ website, you will have to search for it now because it was yesterday when it was posted . Just type in jayden in search local news , it will bring u to 2 stories the one where the POS was arrested and one where he went to court, click on the one where he went to court, at the bottom of the story there is a link labeled court documents. Click on it then scroll down till you get to the second page , that is the probable cause statement. So no I am not sleeping with a cop , I can read . Not everyone sleeps with people to get info or things sorry if you have to. There is a name for people like that,. Sorry you must be one.
U CANT FIX STUPID

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

To No Excuse I usually read these posts and laugh but this one has pissed me off. You know nothing about the facts in this case. This entire family is going through hell and its not helping that you spout off about shit you know NOTHING about. You really think this mother or this family knew this was going on? Its people like you that I PRAY does not have kids and if you do, I hope this NEVER happens to you. What the hell happened to pulling together as a community and helping people when their entire life has been ripped out from under them? Not to mention the fact her life will never be the same. Then you have the nerve to make comments like your last post to her family. I hope nothing horrible ever happens to you because with judgements like this, you wont have the support you need to make it through it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••