Police: Student Blackmailed Schoolmat...

Police: Student Blackmailed Schoolmates on Web for Gay Sex

There are 42 comments on the www.edgeboston.com story from Feb 6, 2009, titled Police: Student Blackmailed Schoolmates on Web for Gay Sex. In it, www.edgeboston.com reports that:

An 18-year-old male student is accused of posing as a girl on Facebook, tricking at least 31 male classmates into sending him naked photos of themselves and then blackmailing some for sex acts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.edgeboston.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#1 Feb 6, 2009
I mentioned this story the other day on a different thread because i didn't see it on Topix.

I'm glad someone posted it here.

This teenager (an adult) is in trouble. He faces anywhere from probation to 300 years in prison.

I think the main cause of something like this happening is a lack of resources, and meeting places for gay teenagers.
Shirley Nott

London, UK

#2 Feb 6, 2009
I think he is just a wrong 'un.
Reverend Alan

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2009
Anthony Stancl, of New Berlin, was charged Wednesday with five counts of child enticement, two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child, two counts of third-degree sexual assault, possession of child pornography, repeated sexual assault of the same child and making a bomb threat.

ALAN: This is going to be interesting.
Reverend Alan

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Daniel P: I think the main cause of something like this happening is a lack of resources, and meeting places for gay teenagers.

ALAN: The internet is full of places for gay teens to meet each other. There is no reason this guy had to do what he did except there is something really really wrong with him, in that he can only find sexual partners through blackmail. Is he that undesireable? Or just that criminal?

These poor children were terrified their family and class mates were going to be shown pictures of themselves naked and told that they have gay sex. If this story is true, he deserves to be dealt with severely for threatening these 31 boys.

He had alternatives. Had he asked for gay boys to send him pictures he might have got thousands from willing, eager and ready gay boys.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 6, 2009
It is sad all around. He has just ruined his life as well as scarred other innocents. What a devious plan from someone so young!
Disgusted America

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Feb 6, 2009
No doubt he was probably on the DL..most likely due to "religious Dogma"....so he could ONLY shame himself and others into having sex.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Feb 6, 2009
I'm just wondering who the supposed "straight" kids are that had repeated sex with him? Something sounds fishy here.

“in eastern nc”

Since: Apr 07

Jacksonville /CampLejeune

#8 Feb 6, 2009
all this is because they took god out of our classrooms... I think the boy was smart to think this up, although it is illegal, but he will have fun in prison where he will meet some nice guys who will love him for who he is.
PS: the first line is bull s--h, god wouldn't have helped or hindered
Sacgary

Sacramento, CA

#9 Feb 6, 2009
He was wrong to do what he did no doubt.

I am curious about the legality of sending him the pics and vids by the boys he enticed. Isn't what they did also illegal?

It would seem to me that if they were willing enough to send him naked pics, they should have been able to tell him "no" when he threatened to expose them and be just as willing for their friends to see him too.

Nevertheless, he didn't force them to send him the pictures, but he did force them to have sex which was wrong. Lack of resources or places to meet are not the cause. Fear of homophobia at school may have been a factor.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#10 Feb 6, 2009
Sacgary wrote:
He was wrong to do what he did no doubt.
I am curious about the legality of sending him the pics and vids by the boys he enticed. Isn't what they did also illegal?
It would seem to me that if they were willing enough to send him naked pics, they should have been able to tell him "no" when he threatened to expose them and be just as willing for their friends to see him too.
Nevertheless, he didn't force them to send him the pictures, but he did force them to have sex which was wrong. Lack of resources or places to meet are not the cause. Fear of homophobia at school may have been a factor.
You're right about the boys sending the pics. It IS illegal, and some teens have already been arrested for doing that. I hadn't thought of that.

I doubt that we will ever hear of all the details of this case because of the probably ages of the boys involved. From what I have read, he is liable for anywhere from probation to 300 years in prison.

What the heck was he thinking ?!

“Editor of Gay News Blog”

Since: Feb 06

CA & CT

#11 Feb 6, 2009
This is the second time this story has been posted here - but that is par for the course with Puma. Day late and ....
Matthew R

New York, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2009
The behavior is undeniably sociopathic, and he should be punished. Consider this, though:
Let’s entertain a scenario in which the accused actually WAS the 18 year old girl he posed as. The law, after all, is about technicalities; once you turn 18, if you sleep with someone 3 days younger than you, you are not only a rapist but a pedophile, right? Ask yourself, would any prosecutor seek to sentence an 18 year old female to 300 years in jail for the blackmail and rape of her fellow, male classmates? I say no - I would be willing to bet they wouldn’t be anywhere near as frenetic about this. The only reason this case is considered so scandalous is because the accused posed as a girl and subverted masculine sexual security. The only reason he will be in prison for the rest of his life is because he is GAY. We can’t lynch ‘em like they do in Iran so we sentence them to 300 years! Shame, shame, shame on people who use the black and white nature of the American legal system so harshly, for their own bigotry.
Reverend Alan

Rohnert Park, CA

#13 Feb 9, 2009
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I'm just wondering who the supposed "straight" kids are that had repeated sex with him? Something sounds fishy here.
ALAN: Yeah, I noticed that too.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#14 Feb 9, 2009
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ALAN: Yeah, I noticed that too.
If they are underage, and sent him nude photos or video of themselves, then those kids committed an illegal act also.
whattt

Antioch, CA

#15 Feb 9, 2009
Matthew R wrote:
The behavior is undeniably sociopathic, and he should be punished. Consider this, though:
Let’s entertain a scenario in which the accused actually WAS the 18 year old girl he posed as. The law, after all, is about technicalities; once you turn 18, if you sleep with someone 3 days younger than you, you are not only a rapist but a pedophile, right? Ask yourself, would any prosecutor seek to sentence an 18 year old female to 300 years in jail for the blackmail and rape of her fellow, male classmates? I say no - I would be willing to bet they wouldn’t be anywhere near as frenetic about this. The only reason this case is considered so scandalous is because the accused posed as a girl and subverted masculine sexual security. The only reason he will be in prison for the rest of his life is because he is GAY. We can’t lynch ‘em like they do in Iran so we sentence them to 300 years! Shame, shame, shame on people who use the black and white nature of the American legal system so harshly, for their own bigotry.
he is sick he would only get worse remeber jeffery glad he is gone on the other hand what guy would sleep with him give me a break

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 9, 2009
whattt wrote:
<quoted text>he is sick he would only get worse remeber jeffery glad he is gone on the other hand what guy would sleep with him give me a break
If you are going to reply to someone, at least make an attempt at posting with at least a 4th grade expertise. My God, your point is totally lost in your ability to grasp the grammatical English language. I'm assuming that was your language preference?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Highspire, PA

#17 Feb 9, 2009
The accused is not well, and there's little doubt he will be punished.

But what about the awesome stoooopidity of the males who would send nude photos also revealing their faces anonymously over the net? I mean, this world is dumb, but that's really sumpin'.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#18 Feb 9, 2009
Thomas Jackson wrote:
This is the second time this story has been posted here - but that is par for the course with Puma. Day late and ....
At least he linked to a news source and not his blog, which is par for the course for certain editors here.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#19 Feb 9, 2009
A kid who pulls something like this was likely abused himself.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#20 Feb 10, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
The accused is not well, and there's little doubt he will be punished.
But what about the awesome stoooopidity of the males who would send nude photos also revealing their faces anonymously over the net? I mean, this world is dumb, but that's really sumpin'.
Sending the nude images to him was also illegal and they could be prosecuted for doing so. Recently, underage kids HAVE been criminally charged with sending nude images of themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former U.S. Border agent sentenced in attempted... 4 min FBLM 45
News Duke Approves - Safe Space' For Illegal Immigrants 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Can cities legally protect undocumented immigra... 11 hr davy 3
News US investigating allegations on Albuquerque pol... 20 hr andy 1
News CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O... Fri DedRed 948
News Hoops Not Crime initiative aimed at building be... (Jun '16) Fri Cops are degenerates 17
News Chiropractor pleads guilty to healthcare fraud ... Fri Buzzkill 2
More from around the web