Daytona Beach gang arrests: 33 in custody and more to come, police say

Jun 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

A 20-month investigation into violent gun- and drug-related crimes in Daytona Beach by a street gang known as the "819 Boyz" has resulted in charges against 42 people.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whitegirl2100

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

i wish the chief of police would say what he really doing is what they do do daily target the black youth of these low income area ,,why not go to the beach side and to port orange to buy and sale drugs and see what u come up with...its easy to come in the black hoods and take down the bad guy removing these kids from their family .but more drugs or sold in port orange and beachside.but thats not important just in the black area is where it need to stop huh...why not try going over there to help those kids instead of taking there life,,by high speeds and set ups..the police are bigger crimals then those kids they just cover it up with there title....
paradise_lost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

whitegirl2100 wrote:
i wish the chief of police would say what he really doing is what they do do daily target the black youth of these low income area ,,why not go to the beach side and to port orange to buy and sale drugs and see what u come up with...its easy to come in the black hoods and take down the bad guy removing these kids from their family .but more drugs or sold in port orange and beachside.but thats not important just in the black area is where it need to stop huh...why not try going over there to help those kids instead of taking there life,,by high speeds and set ups..the police are bigger crimals then those kids they just cover it up with there title....
And this is how "No Child Left Behind" works in the real world. Thank your Congressman.
Red

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Thank the police for getting them off the street. They would be dead otherwise. At least in prison they have three meals a day and a free education
Educated but understated

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Red wrote:
Thank the police for getting them off the street. They would be dead otherwise. At least in prison they have three meals a day and a free education
Well since you know so much about those people's future can you tell me what lotto numbers to pick? You are assuming that those people were guilty, uneducated and that you would like to pay for their 3 meals because they aren't free. So I can't decide if possibly innocent people spending your money is a greater crime than an under eduated person(you obviously) making a judgement based on nothing more than your lack of anything better to do. Maybe you should join them and get your "Free Education and Meals". Wouldn't want you to "end up dead otherwise". What makes any of us any better I'm accusing you of being a blithering fool are you guilty?
Sandman

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

@whitegirl - learn English dumbass.
Black

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

I think the FBI needs to investigate the daytonabeach police with races cops beating up black kids or putting rongful charges on them I should no I was one of them so the cheif of police call his self cleaning up as he say scum bags but he has scum bags on his force as we call them dirty cops
L Kicklighter

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Black wrote:
I think the FBI needs to investigate the daytonabeach police with races cops beating up black kids or putting rongful charges on them I should no I was one of them so the cheif of police call his self cleaning up as he say scum bags but he has scum bags on his force as we call them dirty cops
I think you needs to get a job.....sellin crack and watchin scarface dont count..........porch sittin soup coolin lips b***h
magic

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

They are guilty.and they cost the taxpayer more by being on the street than in jail. Maybe you are right, leave them alone and hope they kill off each other,the only problem with that is, the taxpayers have to continue feeding these animals.Or maybe you have a better answer on what do do with these idiots!
nooooo

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

is the black area you are talking about? i know when you turn right off atlantic ave it is nothing but black and if they see white people the throw rocks at their cars. are they gang people?
Tony Soparno

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Who are these freggin fools?
Kyle

Kennebunk, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

nooooo wrote:
is the black area you are talking about? i know when you turn right off atlantic ave it is nothing but black and if they see white people the throw rocks at their cars. are they gang people?
Any gang member should be executed after even a simple violation they are terrorist
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

Whitegirl, if you know where the drug dealers are in port orange & daytona and defending them, you're part of the problem not the solution. Your comment about the daytona police, is a racial slur if you think they are racist. crime is crime it has no color
John

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Whitegirl is not white at all, he/or she is someone of color stating an idiotic opinion taking the side of a black person and making, racial comments about a mixture of both black & white people on the daytona police force.
James

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

first of all if you turn right, off of atlantic ave. A1-A you'll be on the beach. The bad neighborhoods, are Mason to LPGA boulavard, Nova rd. to in and around Derbyshire. Some of the residence, are fine, but there are bad elements. Also Ridgewood ave. to Jean St. (several arrests have been made in that area) Just south of Orange ave.
Mike

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

Judged:

Black wrote:
Refer to someone that 'targets' a specific race is in itself a racist remark. You're defending the color of a person's skin & stating that it's false arrest without knowing anything in general about a persons crimal past. You are a racist!!
Bubba

Chester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Gangs are weak individuals who can't stand on their own. There not capable of acting on their own they need someone to exploit them to sell drugs. And terrorize people who work for their income. LOL
819 boy

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

We never been a gang its a project that got tore down we got love for each other and we hustle to live
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

This forum has always ben used by -other- people just to write down meaningless none sense because they want a rection. idiots!
dogbite

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Have you looked at where all these commets have come fromonly a few are even from the Daytona Beach ares. Sometimes I think the police do stero-type young black males but you must also relize that there are alot of you people that make things bad for all, thats where parents need to know who there kids and young adults are associating with. love your kids and look out for thier best intrests even if they hate you for it they will love you later.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

How much does anyone really know about the person making a comment about the police being racist? Rumors are dangerous, prejudice can be based on rumor. Too often stories reported in the Daytona Beach News Journal are one sided, missing the right information, or missing the point of the story altogether. How much does anyone want to know, when the end result is that crime, is being taken off the street? People making these comments could be on parole and tell you they're not. It's just bad thinking on anyones part to agree with the idea, when not enough information is there. People need to be informed a lot better. These people are prejudice for spreading this type of rumor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••