Texas inmate pleads guilty to anti-gay hate crime

Nov 9, 2012 Full story: Wisconsin Gazette

An inmate in a federal prison in Texas has pleaded guilty to an assault against another inmate suspected of being gay.

Full Story

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Somebody is loving the 'free ride' he is getting in prison. He got 10 yrs for the assault, GOOD!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
Somebody is loving the 'free ride' he is getting in prison. He got 10 yrs for the assault, GOOD!
What the federal government should have, so congress should write a bill and pass it, as well as EVERY STATE in the union, is a "three-strikes law". More than 98% of American citizens are law-abiding people who never committ a crime. But our lives get so messed up by the tiny percentage of people who insist on being criminals and adversely affecting all our lives.

Some poeple make one or 2 mistakes, but learn their lesson, and then lead law-abiding lives. Other people just insist on being criminals (I've had teh unfortunate experience of meeting 2 or 3 in the past 50 years.:().

If you insist on committing a third crim after being convicte dof 2 (and you probably have committed a LOT more crimes that you weren't prosecuted for for whatever reasons), then you should be removed from society for life, and spend the rest of your miserable time in prison.

And for people who don't believe in teh death Penalty (I'm a big supporter of it), then sentence these scum to life in the electric chair in solitary confinement. They can sit in the chair, and not move, in an unlit cell, for life, until they die. Food and water for them is optional.

(And if you ever meet a person without a navel, like I have, RUN the other way as fast as you can !)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#4 Nov 9, 2012
I can't justify the death penalty or life in prison if someone shoplifts 3 times. But under some 3-strikes law, it would be possible. Mandatory sentences tend to be excessive; minumum sentences give a judge some standards without falling into the pit of draconian law, which is the opposite of judstice.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
What the federal government should have, so congress should write a bill and pass it, as well as EVERY STATE in the union, is a "three-strikes law". More than 98% of American citizens are law-abiding people who never committ a crime. But our lives get so messed up by the tiny percentage of people who insist on being criminals and adversely affecting all our lives.
Some poeple make one or 2 mistakes, but learn their lesson, and then lead law-abiding lives. Other people just insist on being criminals (I've had teh unfortunate experience of meeting 2 or 3 in the past 50 years.:().
If you insist on committing a third crim after being convicte dof 2 (and you probably have committed a LOT more crimes that you weren't prosecuted for for whatever reasons), then you should be removed from society for life, and spend the rest of your miserable time in prison.
And for people who don't believe in teh death Penalty (I'm a big supporter of it), then sentence these scum to life in the electric chair in solitary confinement. They can sit in the chair, and not move, in an unlit cell, for life, until they die. Food and water for them is optional.
(And if you ever meet a person without a navel, like I have, RUN the other way as fast as you can !)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#5 Nov 9, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I can't justify the death penalty or life in prison if someone shoplifts 3 times. But under some 3-strikes law, it would be possible. Mandatory sentences tend to be excessive; minumum sentences give a judge some standards without falling into the pit of draconian law, which is the opposite of judstice.
<quoted text>
Not only IS it possible, in California at least, there ARE people serving life sentences for shoplifting. AND SCOTUS HAS reviewed those cases and found them PERFECTLY FINE and constitutional.

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#6 Nov 10, 2012
I didn't say it wasn't unconstitutional; I said it wasn't justifiable. It's amazing that the same people who whine about welfare are usually fine spending a helluva lot more to house petty criminals for the rest of their lives.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only IS it possible, in California at least, there ARE people serving life sentences for shoplifting. AND SCOTUS HAS reviewed those cases and found them PERFECTLY FINE and constitutional.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson will be buried on his 51st birt... (Aug '09) 2 hr Dude 5
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 2 hr Ingrid 34
Ky. Lawmakers Review Cost Of Illegal Immigration (May '09) 3 hr Lucy 5
No Charges Against Luce County Troopers, Prosec... (Jun '09) 7 hr Sneaky Pete 306
Member of Outlaws motorcycle club says raid vio... (Feb '10) 9 hr southbronx 31
Willie Horton II? Dems claim 'race-baiting' ove... 9 hr Le Jimbo 9
FBI turns animal cruelty into top-tier felony e... 11 hr Bama Yankee 38

Criminal Defense Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE