MSU administrator on student lawsuits: Bring it on

Sep 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

Roslyn Artis, executive vice president at Mountain State University, told a group of nursing anesthesia students she isn't afraid of their lawsuits and that they should "bring it." CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Top Mountain State University officials intimidated and threatened students after learning they were going to sue the university, according to audio ... (more)

Comments
361 - 380 of 591 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2014
morons

Beckley, WV

#371 Nov 19, 2012
The biggest lie was when Ros said, "I'm a pretty good lawyer...." No, you weren't/aren't. If you were a success, why did you wind up a college administrator? A successful lawyer has the potential to make waaaayyy more money.
Pathetic Bully

Beckley, WV

#372 Nov 19, 2012
I agree totally!
morons wrote:
The biggest lie was when Ros said, "I'm a pretty good lawyer...." No, you weren't/aren't. If you were a success, why did you wind up a college administrator? A successful lawyer has the potential to make waaaayyy more money.
Pathetic Bully

Beckley, WV

#373 Nov 19, 2012
Looks like JamieWV is up to it again. LOL
Pathetic Bully wrote:
I agree totally!
<quoted text>
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#374 Nov 20, 2012
Where will Ruth Ann Wylie go after MSU closes? Has she been offered a job at UC? Elsewhere? The poor lady has worked her AS_ off and I hope she gets a nice job out all of this. Shes a damn good person and has a lot more to offer a school.
Conterpoint

United States

#375 Nov 20, 2012
I hear your notations yet many believe her to be a mean spirited shell of a human being and lacking in any value as a leader.
Concerned wrote:
Where will Ruth Ann Wylie go after MSU closes? Has she been offered a job at UC? Elsewhere? The poor lady has worked her AS_ off and I hope she gets a nice job out all of this. Shes a damn good person and has a lot more to offer a school.
Jobless

Beckley, WV

#377 Nov 22, 2012
Wonder how pushy here she will be with no job?
Questions

Pineville, WV

#378 Nov 23, 2012
Hold your horses honey wrote:
I disagree.
The efforts of Ruth Ann Wylie and Bill White to recruit first tier students were quite successful. Having a degree from an accredited institution was always a priority for those being considered for the program as far as I know. However, honey, I must point out that even Harvard is not accredited. Many national experts agree that the DEL was in many ways superior to degrees offered by various Ivy League institutions. Ruth Ann Wylie and Bill White sweat blood and tears to ensure that the program was unique, accessible, while also adhering to the most rigorous of standards.
Who are these "national experts"? I discredited your statement that Harvard is not an accredited college and posted a link to the correct information. Please name the experts you are referring to, so that the public can verify the information. I say this because some previous posts, which may flow with nice adjectives and power phrases, are lacking in substance and accuracy.
FHarvard Youare clueless

Beckley, WV

#379 Nov 23, 2012
LOL Why don't we re focus on the dishonest and incompetent behavior that the MSU administration. This behavior has hurt our community terribly. Take ownership. You could have stood up before things got to this point yet you all were cowards, took the big salaries, and did NOTHING. You could have gone to the paper, quit, or god bless been honest to the public. No everyone said all is well come on SIGN UP FOR SCHOOL AT MSU. Disgusting!

We are not interested in Harvard in Southern West Virginia or any related discussion. The small minds here trying to be big shots have certainly had their tactics backfire.

Lets focus on the real issues as they owe us a big apology rather than blaming everyone in their Apex Thinking fashion. It is time for anyone related to the MSU administration to go now!

http://www.mountainstate.edu/about-msu/accred...

They try to run from Apex Thinking now but it is way too late.

UC you will be foolish to hire any of these people.
Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are these "national experts"? I discredited your statement that Harvard is not an accredited college and posted a link to the correct information. Please name the experts you are referring to, so that the public can verify the information. I say this because some previous posts, which may flow with nice adjectives and power phrases, are lacking in substance and accuracy.
FHarvard Youare clueless

Beckley, WV

#380 Nov 23, 2012
Read each and every part of this report very carefully.

Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions

Pineville, WV

#381 Nov 23, 2012
FHarvard Youare clueless wrote:
Read each and every part of this report very carefully.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, it's hard for me to go any further down the page than the link at the tip that says HLC Withdrawal.

And there doesn't seem to be any information regarding the quality of the DEL program. So, it appears that you are the clueless one in this situation. If you can't provide the information, admit that it was a lackluster program and be done with it.
Questions

Pineville, WV

#382 Nov 23, 2012
FHarvard Youare clueless wrote:
LOL Why don't we re focus on the dishonest and incompetent behavior that the MSU administration. This behavior has hurt our community terribly. Take ownership. You could have stood up before things got to this point yet you all were cowards, took the big salaries, and did NOTHING. You could have gone to the paper, quit, or god bless been honest to the public. No everyone said all is well come on SIGN UP FOR SCHOOL AT MSU. Disgusting!
We are not interested in Harvard in Southern West Virginia or any related discussion. The small minds here trying to be big shots have certainly had their tactics backfire.
Lets focus on the real issues as they owe us a big apology rather than blaming everyone in their Apex Thinking fashion. It is time for anyone related to the MSU administration to go now!
They try to run from Apex Thinking now but it is way too late.
UC you will be foolish to hire any of these people.
<quoted text>
I would rather focus on the misinformation that people on this thread are posting--we already know what the administration brought to MSU. I'm interested in the follow up on the questions that I asked the poster regarding his/her comments about the DEL. As to the Harvard comments--you may not be interested in them because you are associated with the poster who made the erroneous claim. And, it isn't the central point. Claims about "national experts" were made. I would like to probe deeper into what I suspect is a heaping, steaming pile of MSU crap.
Pathetic

Beckley, WV

#383 Nov 23, 2012
LOL hope your diversion works! LOL
Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather focus on the misinformation that people on this thread are posting--we already know what the administration brought to MSU. I'm interested in the follow up on the questions that I asked the poster regarding his/her comments about the DEL. As to the Harvard comments--you may not be interested in them because you are associated with the poster who made the erroneous claim. And, it isn't the central point. Claims about "national experts" were made. I would like to probe deeper into what I suspect is a heaping, steaming pile of MSU crap.
Pathetic

Beckley, WV

#384 Nov 23, 2012
Excellent posting.
I disagree wrote:
The entire school had been granted a 10 year accreditation award. This did not mean much in the end.
The doctoral program body included students from unaccredited schools such as Bob Jones University among others. Students enrolled in the program would not know much better as they had never enrolled in legit doctoral courses and/or completed a dissertation at another school.
Everyone knows virtually anyone breathing could get in the program and even some of the leaders of the program has discussed among various private forums the "quality" issue of the student.
In the end MSU as about the money and the doctoral program was designed around this very issue.
Compelling NOT sorry honey. We are not impressed with our program or certainly not the Apex Thinking stupid teachers and leadership.
<quoted text>
Questions

Pineville, WV

#385 Nov 23, 2012
Pathetic wrote:
LOL hope your diversion works! LOL
<quoted text>
Oh, it's no diversion. It's a side conversation. Someone obviously associated with the leadership program made claims, and I would like to see the information to back them up. There's a thing called "facts" that I'm calling someone out on; claims were made, and I would like the poster to present them.
Time

Beckley, WV

#386 Nov 23, 2012
Snicker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, I know! Do you think real Aida's lawyer got ahold of fake Aida??? Would love to see that real name in the Register Herald for all the stuff she wrote on here.
How could someone even have the time to be so crazy. Obsessed.?? A reveal would be interesting!!
DEL Ivy League Pedigree

Charleston, WV

#387 Nov 26, 2012
The DEL program was studied by numerous experts on doctoral level learning. They made serveral public proclamations both in person- on site and in writing affirming the efficacy of the doctoral curriculum and the unquestionable expertise of the faculty. In fact, some even used the outstanding DEL and MSSL programs as case studies in talks conducted across the nation. There is no question, folks, Ruth Wylie and Bill White were really on to something. It is a tragedy that UC has decided not to continue to the DEL. They probably do not have the intellectual capital currently to manage a program of this caliber. If they were to hire Dr. Sidor, Dr. Wylie or even Dr. White, they would. Southern WV DOES need a Harvard-like program such as the DEL in its midst.
Obsurddontyouthi nkLOL

United States

#388 Nov 26, 2012
This must be a JOKE. LOL If you believe this I have some wonderful swamp land with toxic water at a really good price. LOL
DEL Ivy League Pedigree wrote:
The DEL program was studied by numerous experts on doctoral level learning. They made serveral public proclamations both in person- on site and in writing affirming the efficacy of the doctoral curriculum and the unquestionable expertise of the faculty. In fact, some even used the outstanding DEL and MSSL programs as case studies in talks conducted across the nation. There is no question, folks, Ruth Wylie and Bill White were really on to something. It is a tragedy that UC has decided not to continue to the DEL. They probably do not have the intellectual capital currently to manage a program of this caliber. If they were to hire Dr. Sidor, Dr. Wylie or even Dr. White, they would. Southern WV DOES need a Harvard-like program such as the DEL in its midst.
RemakinghistoryP LEASE

United States

#389 Nov 26, 2012
Many believe that the DEL as created to generate income for other programs. Moreover many of us believe that a great number of students were accepted into the program that could not have gained graduate status at this level at any other normal school.

Live your fantasy yet the truth was very different.
Huston Policenoraise

United States

#390 Nov 26, 2012
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/artic...

This does not seem like they are very Harvard like! LOL
MSU Admcharacter

United States

#391 Nov 26, 2012
Another shining example of the MSU's administrative character.

http://dailymail.com/Opinion/Editorials/20120...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Reverend Alan 622
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 1 hr Citizen44 24
Ex-referee is charged for nude photos (Sep '09) 2 hr Torch Lake attorney 16
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 2 hr bunner 257
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr Lon Spector 196
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 2 hr eJohn 72
Dangerous Motorcycle Gang in Cincinnati (Aug '09) 10 hr Dottie 8,070
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••