Ex-con: Madoff will be terrified in prison

Full story: CNN 34
Larry Levine is an ex-con who now counsels white collar criminals on what to expect behind bars. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#30 Jun 30, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly if you support that supposition, you are guilty. Time for you to leave the board.'Nuff said.
For your edification this is America, and no one has to go anywhere because you decide so! Perhaps you might look into going to Idaho, I hear there is a guy there named Fuhrmann who holds to your views.
Ehav

Elmora, PA

#33 Jul 1, 2009
I detest what Bernie did.
But I wouldn't wish what he is going to encounter on anyone.
Shortly, he will be killed or he will strap himself up.
Say the Truth

Lincroft, NJ

#34 Jul 1, 2009
Ehav wrote:
I detest what Bernie did.
But I wouldn't wish what he is going to encounter on anyone.
Shortly, he will be killed or he will strap himself up.
Either that or he'll start giving investment advice to the other cons.
just dont get it

United States

#35 Jul 1, 2009
too bad he wasn't terrified enough to stop him from swindling all those people. may whomever was in this with him be equally as terrified.
T Pup

United States

#36 Jul 1, 2009
just dont get it wrote:
too bad he wasn't terrified enough to stop him from swindling all those people. may whomever was in this with him be equally as terrified.
The only reason he confessed is because the market turned bad. He couldnt get new investors to pay the old investors. I'm sure he fully intended on doing this until death. He just couldn't keep it up because of the market. And I'm sure the others involved are shitting bricks right about now. If they arn't there fools.
just dont get it

United States

#37 Jul 1, 2009
T Pup wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason he confessed is because the market turned bad. He couldnt get new investors to pay the old investors. I'm sure he fully intended on doing this until death. He just couldn't keep it up because of the market. And I'm sure the others involved are shitting bricks right about now. If they arn't there fools.
that's one of the reasons. but the is that his sons turned him in when they found out that he was busted. they probably thought they would be treated with some leniency for cooperating, when it was there turn in the hot seat.
The Examiner

Montréal, Canada

#38 Jul 1, 2009
T Pup wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, if the market hadn t turned sour and the amount of money invested in his investment firm was more than the money people wanted to withdraw at any time then his "ponzi scheme" would not have been discovered.

Then this "ponzi scheme" would not be a bad thing and every one would be happy to receive a 10+ percent gain/year for their invested money.

After all, the security system is based on this ponzi scheme, or is it not???
T Pup

United States

#39 Jul 1, 2009
just dont get it wrote:
<quoted text>
that's one of the reasons. but the is that his sons turned him in when they found out that he was busted. they probably thought they would be treated with some leniency for cooperating, when it was there turn in the hot seat.
Good information, I hadn't realized the boys turned him in.
T Pup

United States

#40 Jul 1, 2009
The Examiner wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, if the market hadn t turned sour and the amount of money invested in his investment firm was more than the money people wanted to withdraw at any time then his "ponzi scheme" would not have been discovered.
Then this "ponzi scheme" would not be a bad thing and every one would be happy to receive a 10+ percent gain/year for their invested money.
After all, the security system is based on this ponzi scheme, or is it not???
As long as he could keep paying his investors it was good to go. I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall (with the market downturn and its chances for a quick recovery) and knew the jig was up. He (or his sons) turned him(self) in for leniancy.

Since: Oct 07

Boston, MA

#41 Jul 1, 2009
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Sorry 'bout your luck, Bernie.....But don't worry. You'll be getting out in 2159...just around the corner.
Ha ha ha; the time will just fly by in a snap...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#42 Jul 1, 2009
His sons may have turned him in..but, how much have they profited off the scheme? Could they be just as guilty..The dad just took the blame..How much money does the family have?
The Examiner

Montréal, Canada

#44 Jul 1, 2009
Joe wrote:
Jack Nicholson -'I warned him'
The 72-year-old Oscar winner was dining at the Wolseley restaurant in London when a photographer told him about the sentencing.
After saying, "That's awful," Jack added &#8220;I warned him," but refused to elaborate.
you mean the man who flew over the cukooo's nest knew it?
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#45 Jul 2, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your racist rants elsewhere. Admiring Fuhrmann just shows the ridiculousness of your position.
Joey, you seem to envision yourself as having big comment board cahonies.
What are you compensating for----shortcomings in other areas????
Is what you have catching in Yorktown , IN? If it is I'll wear a contagion mask if I ever come near there.
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#49 Jul 2, 2009
Joe wrote:
What a hillbilly.
<quoted text>
What a racist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 6 min Johhnie 64,381
A Fervent Cop Supporter Changes His Mind About ... 36 min Real Worlder 13
Ukiah police and fire log: Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 6 hr Here Is One 44
Murder trial begins in 35-year-old NY missing c... 6 hr Cordwainer Trout 9
Former Mayor Frey accused of improper use of ca... 7 hr im just sayin 33
Rosepine police chief indicted for malfeasance,... 8 hr Magnificent Majesty 10
Sonny Borrelli's DUI Bill Targets Medical-Canna... 15 hr arizona 1
More from around the web