Ex-con: Madoff will be terrified in prison

Full story: CNN 34
Larry Levine is an ex-con who now counsels white collar criminals on what to expect behind bars. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Columbia, MD

#1 Jun 30, 2009
He's getting exactly what he deserves!
American Man

Cocoa Beach, FL

#2 Jun 30, 2009
Shhhhhhh. Let it be a surprise !!!
car man

Fairfax, VA

#3 Jun 30, 2009
money is the most important thing
just dont get it

United States

#4 Jun 30, 2009
now i've heard everything. if i get laid off, i now know exactly what industry i'll migrate to. i'll commit a crime (because i'm a low-life scuzball) get convicted and then when i get out i can make a living counseling other low-life scuzballs on what they can expect in jail (like nobody on the outside has cable tv) and i'll become a multi-millionaire. God bless america!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#5 Jun 30, 2009
Sorry 'bout your luck, Bernie.....But don't worry. You'll be getting out in 2159...just around the corner.
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jun 30, 2009
An insight into our society! A man OJ Simpson either kills two people, in the first person, or he has them murdered by proxy. A trial ensues, where the American justice system is made a mockery of, inept counsel ( prosecutors ), wannabe a TV star judge ( Ito ). The result after one year in the court system ....---he WALKS! Very few people outside of the immediate family and friends, and at least one prosecutor, really care.

Fast forward fifteen years. An aging Bernie Madoff rips off numerous folks, over a fiteen year period, of a large part, if not all of their savings. Buyer beware---Jesus said " stand clear of the money changers" . It then became ultimately important that Madoff be given 150 years in prison, and if the death penalty was available in his case, I am quite convinced it might have been administered.
Quite a parable on what we view and hold fast to as being important in our society. Yes Madoff deserves jail time, but overkill for the almighty dollar does not greatly help our American justice system, nor strengthen our moral conscience!
Mtrs

Langenhagen, Germany

#7 Jun 30, 2009
when will real criminals just like bush, cheney, rumsfeld, these generalies and commanders from US military who are responsible for crime against humanity, massacres, tortures be injailed and tried and impeached?
Yak Yak Yak

Americus, GA

#9 Jun 30, 2009
Hey, smallfish, you have an interesting perspective, but I believe it too simplistic. O.J. used race, successfully, in his first trial. He was lucky, but his luck ran out when he went to Vegas, so he too is rotting, thankfully.

Madoff will be dead within a year from now as he will certainly be shanked by someone seeking to make a name for himself. Madoff will be treated no better than a pedophile.
just dont get it

United States

#10 Jun 30, 2009
Mtrs wrote:
when will real criminals just like bush, cheney, rumsfeld, these generalies and commanders from US military who are responsible for crime against humanity, massacres, tortures be injailed and tried and impeached?
you forgot to mention hitler!!!
T Pup

United States

#15 Jun 30, 2009
smallfish wrote:
An insight into our society! A man OJ Simpson either kills two people, in the first person, or he has them murdered by proxy. A trial ensues, where the American justice system is made a mockery of, inept counsel ( prosecutors ), wannabe a TV star judge ( Ito ). The result after one year in the court system ....---he WALKS! Very few people outside of the immediate family and friends, and at least one prosecutor, really care.
Fast forward fifteen years. An aging Bernie Madoff rips off numerous folks, over a fiteen year period, of a large part, if not all of their savings. Buyer beware---Jesus said " stand clear of the money changers" . It then became ultimately important that Madoff be given 150 years in prison, and if the death penalty was available in his case, I am quite convinced it might have been administered.
Quite a parable on what we view and hold fast to as being important in our society. Yes Madoff deserves jail time, but overkill for the almighty dollar does not greatly help our American justice system, nor strengthen our moral conscience!
His jail term was mandated by the countless victims. If someone killes someone they get 30 years. If they kill two people they get life. See how it works?
Say the Truth

Wallingford, PA

#17 Jun 30, 2009
Mtrs wrote:
when will real criminals just like bush, cheney, rumsfeld, these generalies and commanders from US military who are responsible for crime against humanity, massacres, tortures be injailed and tried and impeached?
When you go back to where you came from.
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jun 30, 2009
T Pup wrote:
<quoted text>
His jail term was mandated by the countless victims. If someone killes someone they get 30 years. If they kill two people they get life. See how it works?
Okay, let me get this straight the value on human life is 30 years, while the value on monetary theft is 150 years. Oh by the way some murderers only get 5-7, and some, a few get off scot free. You make my point as well as I do--Thanks!
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jun 30, 2009
Yak Yak Yak wrote:
Hey, smallfish, you have an interesting perspective, but I believe it too simplistic. O.J. used race, successfully, in his first trial. He was lucky, but his luck ran out when he went to Vegas, so he too is rotting, thankfully.
Madoff will be dead within a year from now as he will certainly be shanked by someone seeking to make a name for himself. Madoff will be treated no better than a pedophile.
OJ didn't use race, race used OJ. To say it is OK to overlook a crime in a peremptory manner that the crook will eventually messup and get caught later--down the line, is like waiting for rain after the game is already past 4 1/2 innings. It may happen but it is irrelevant. Oh by the way white collar crooks ( Madoff ) don't go to " shank " prisons. They go to prison with other white collar crooks.
Mr Voter

Midlothian, IL

#21 Jun 30, 2009
hope they rape him with a broom, then sel him to some pimp before they do a jeeery dahmer on him....now that will be funny!
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#22 Jun 30, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, smallfish, Negros and Jews need to be sent to jail.
" Joe " don't attribute statements you apparently understand as being in accordance with your racist diatribe. Learning to read and comprehend will go a long way toward greater understanding on your part. OJ may have gone to jail for Brenwood if he were a white man. But by the same token Madoff would not have been allowed to rip people off for fifteen years if he were black. Our criminal justice system is but a mirror of our morays and values. That mirror, as is some peoples minds, has become clouded by race, ethnicity, political correctness, and above all by the almight dollar. If a serial killer were right out in the open killing folks for fifteen years, as was Madoff in his ponzi schemes, I seriously doubt he would have succeeded for so long. Madoff was not the only person who hugely profited from his nefarious theft. Again money ruled for fifteen years.
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#24 Jun 30, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you can't recognize that you are a racist and anti-semite.
This from the person who said, " send all negroes and jews to jail". Minorities have been mistreated in this country for centuries in part because of slanderous communication such as yours being attributed to other sources. If you believe something say it in the light of day. I think others who read these blogs ( comments ) can readily acknowledge who made racist, antisemite comments. Again you cloud the issue!
smallfish

Johnson City, TN

#25 Jun 30, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, smallfish, Negros and Jews need to be sent to jail.
This kind of thinking allows our society to incarerate young black males at an alarming, disproportionate rate, almost 8%, 11 times their white counterparts, and believe it is OK! Of all men on death row, 37% are black. Societal misjudgement does not end with a money changer in New York, it rather extends and permeates all who fall in its pervue.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#27 Jun 30, 2009
That he sucked thousands with his schemes is sad...that it included an ass like Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey is priceless.

“Enlighten Me”

Since: Dec 08

USA

#28 Jun 30, 2009
Wonder if Buba will mistake him for an ATM machine?

“Enlighten Me”

Since: Dec 08

USA

#29 Jun 30, 2009
Bubba? Either way. I hope so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lansford officer Shubeck gets probation 1 hr badone07 10
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 5 hr danny 21
Santa Cruz court procedure examined in appellat... 5 hr DBS 4
Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigat... (Apr '10) 6 hr Creeped out 332
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 6 hr no fatties 4 me 377
Voter ID ordinances fails to pass 7 hr Nobody 11
Massena woman who threatened boyfriend with ste... 9 hr LAIDoffWELFARE 13

Criminal Defense Law People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE