Can You Lie in Politics? Supreme Cour...

Can You Lie in Politics? Supreme Court Will Decide

There are 48 comments on the Roll Call story from Apr 14, 2014, titled Can You Lie in Politics? Supreme Court Will Decide. In it, Roll Call reports that:

The Supreme Court will consider a case about lying in politics, revisiting a fight from Chabot's 2010 campaign in Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#1 Apr 14, 2014
Well, of course you can lie. Just look at Øbama; he's been doing it for seven years now (including '07-'08 campaign) and even perfected it in 2013 and won "lie of the year".
fatbacks x

Spokane, WA

#2 Apr 14, 2014
Yeah! And look at AWOL georgie and his band of forked tounge cockroaches of which obama rehired or retained for his half assed cabinet.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3 Apr 14, 2014
fatbacks x wrote:
Yeah! And look at AWOL georgie and his band of forked tounge cockroaches of which obama rehired or retained for his half assed cabinet.
Your lies and stupidity show the liberals for what they are. Morons.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#5 Apr 14, 2014
You men like ..........

Iraq has WMD's .........or, do you mean

Iraqi oil will pay for the war .......... or do you mean

We'll be greeted as liberators ?????
Barack Four Pinocchios

Mount Pleasant, SC

#6 Apr 14, 2014
Barack Obama. The Joe Isuzu of political liars.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#7 Apr 14, 2014
Just ask Obama and Holder, they lie everyday.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Apr 14, 2014
Billy Ringo wrote:
You men like ..........
Iraq has WMD's .........or, do you mean
Iraqi oil will pay for the war .......... or do you mean
We'll be greeted as liberators ?????
No I mean the average family will save $2500 a year under my plan. I promise the most open transparent government, I'll bring the country together, your taxes will not go up, I knew nothing about it.
B.Obama

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Apr 14, 2014
Billy Ringo wrote:
You men like ..........
Iraq has WMD's .........or, do you mean
Iraqi oil will pay for the war .......... or do you mean
We'll be greeted as liberators ?????
You be tarnished as traitors. Your old junk you've spouted for years will not save your Failure In Chief.
GOP-Saboteurs

Highland Park, MI

#11 Apr 15, 2014
Far Away wrote:
Well, of course you can lie. Just look at Øbama; he's been doing it for seven years now (including '07-'08 campaign) and even perfected it in 2013 and won "lie of the year".
Fox New would go out of business if Supreme Court were to decide against lying in politics
Some of Fox News recent lies:

_ ACORN corruption: Fox News lie
_ Obama's birth place: lie
_ Death Panel: lie
_Shirley Sherrod hurt white folks: lie
_ Obama hates white people like his mother and his cabinet: lie
_ Polls showing Mitt was losing to Obama was fake: lie
_ MJ child molester: lie
_ Unemployment rate would not go down under Obama: lie
_ Obamacare would bankrupt America: lie
_ Black man resembling Obama raped Ashley Todd: lie
_ WMD in Iraq: lie

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Apr 15, 2014
GOP-Saboteurs wrote:
<quoted text>Fox New would go out of business if Supreme Court were to decide against lying in politics
Some of Fox News recent lies:

_ ACORN corruption: Fox News lie
_ Obama's birth place: lie
_ Death Panel: lie
_Shirley Sherrod hurt white folks: lie
_ Obama hates white people like his mother and his cabinet: lie
_ Polls showing Mitt was losing to Obama was fake: lie
_ MJ child molester: lie
_ Unemployment rate would not go down under Obama: lie
_ Obamacare would bankrupt America: lie
_ Black man resembling Obama raped Ashley Todd: lie
_ WMD in Iraq: lie
Call us if you want an opportunity to explain your lies.
GOP-Saboteurs

Highland Park, MI

#13 Apr 15, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Call us if you want an opportunity to explain your lies.
Wish I could take credit for those lies; unfortunately, they belong to them crooks on Fox News and GOP supremacist Congress...
GET A CLUE

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Apr 15, 2014
GOP-Saboteurs wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox New would go out of business if Supreme Court were to decide against lying in politics
Some of Fox News recent lies:
_ ACORN corruption: Fox News lie
_ Obama's birth place: lie
_ Death Panel: lie
_Shirley Sherrod hurt white folks: lie
_ Obama hates white people like his mother and his cabinet: lie
_ Polls showing Mitt was losing to Obama was fake: lie
_ MJ child molester: lie
_ Unemployment rate would not go down under Obama: lie
_ Obamacare would bankrupt America: lie
_ Black man resembling Obama raped Ashley Todd: lie
_ WMD in Iraq: lie
You done with that Kool-Aid yet. I would say 90% of what you called lie are the truth and the rest is in you deluded mind. I would post on all the lies the Left -Wing media has told and the lies of Obama, Reid Pelosi and that idiot Holder have told, but there isn't enough web space to post it. Good day and keep drinking that Kool-Aid that keeps you from thinking for yourself.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#15 Apr 15, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>At least they can vote in Afghanistan now for the first time in HISTORY. Jackass..
.
That's the biggest deal since WWII and it's all being recorded in history as a great victory for George Bush and Dick Cheney ALL OVER THE WORLD, Dopey.. How do you like that, Lappy? It is a tremendous accomplishment and the Armed Forces are very proud to have made it all happen.. It makes your stupid butt and your family much safer and it's saving a LOT of lives.
.
Go stick Obama where the sun don't shine. All he's caused is trouble and unrest everywhere.
.
You should kiss the ground Bush walks on, you degenerate liar.
Wow! Old rupert and his gang of endoctrinators got your pea brain washed to the enth degree. You should have your mom drive down to the Wht Sup hall where you can j o to adolphs portrate.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#16 Apr 15, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>At least they can vote in Afghanistan now for the first time in HISTORY. Jackass..
.
That's the biggest deal since WWII and it's all being recorded in history as a great victory for George Bush and Dick Cheney ALL OVER THE WORLD, Dopey.. How do you like that, Lappy? It is a tremendous accomplishment and the Armed Forces are very proud to have made it all happen.. It makes your stupid butt and your family much safer and it's saving a LOT of lives.
.
Go stick Obama where the sun don't shine. All he's caused is trouble and unrest everywhere.
.
You should kiss the ground Bush walks on, you degenerate liar.
Voting at the end of a gun barrel is no accomplishment.
beers

Somonauk, IL

#17 Apr 15, 2014
GOP-Saboteurs wrote:
<quoted text>Fox New would go out of business if Supreme Court were to decide against lying in politics
Some of Fox News recent lies:

_ ACORN corruption: Fox News lie
_ Obama's birth place: lie
_ Death Panel: lie
_Shirley Sherrod hurt white folks: lie
_ Obama hates white people like his mother and his cabinet: lie
_ Polls showing Mitt was losing to Obama was fake: lie
_ MJ child molester: lie
_ Unemployment rate would not go down under Obama: lie
_ Obamacare would bankrupt America: lie
_ Black man resembling Obama raped Ashley Todd: lie
_ WMD in Iraq: lie
I don't even know where to begin. You've already drank the kool aid, so there's point in trying to debate your "list". I guess I'll just go with, good luck in life. You're going to need it.
Your Ex

Grand Junction, CO

#18 Apr 15, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>At least they can vote in Afghanistan now for the first time in HISTORY. Jackass..
.
That's the biggest deal since WWII and it's all being recorded in history as a great victory for George Bush and Dick Cheney ALL OVER THE WORLD, Dopey.. How do you like that, Lappy? It is a tremendous accomplishment and the Armed Forces are very proud to have made it all happen.. It makes your stupid butt and your family much safer and it's saving a LOT of lives.
.
Go stick Obama where the sun don't shine. All he's caused is trouble and unrest everywhere.
.
You should kiss the ground Bush walks on, you degenerate liar.
By christ, you're fcking stupid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Afg...
GOP-Saboteurs

Highland Park, MI

#19 Apr 15, 2014
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know where to begin. You've already drank the kool aid, so there's point in trying to debate your "list". I guess I'll just go with, good luck in life. You're going to need it.
Stunned by the truth?

_ None of those Fox News so-called scandals are pure red meat; outside of the damn racist bubble, none can stand scrutiny.

My bet to Palin:
_ If Issa can prove any of those scandals and get an indictment against any White House staff, I pledge to accept a T-bggng session from Sarah!
GOP-Saboteurs

Highland Park, MI

#20 Apr 15, 2014
Stunned by the truth?

All of those Fox News so-called scandals are pure red meat based on crazy conspiracy; outside of the damn racist bubble, none can stand scrutiny.

My bet to Palin:
_ If Issa can prove any of those scandals and get an indictment against any White House staff, I pledge to accept a T-bggng session from Sarah!
Nan

Clark, NJ

#21 Apr 15, 2014
Fox cable "news" does it every day, 24 hours a day!
Bee Eff Dee

Webster, MA

#22 Apr 15, 2014
GOP-Saboteurs wrote:
Stunned by the truth?
All of those Fox News so-called scandals are pure red meat based on crazy conspiracy; outside of the damn racist bubble, none can stand scrutiny.
My bet to Palin:
_ If Issa can prove any of those scandals and get an indictment against any White House staff, I pledge to accept a T-bggng session from Sarah!
You act like Fox is the only news station that has a bias. Tell me this, the SC is considering a case of lying in politics. When was the last time Fox news ran for office? Exactly. Try to stay on topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justice Dept. warns sanctuary cities in immigra... 37 min CodeTalker 4
News Massena man gets prison for October burglary 2 hr true 4
News Burke Ramsey, JonBenet's brother, sues CBS in $... 8 hr Yeti 86
News Lawyer: Cosby expects to be cleared and resume ... 13 hr Rob 4
News Gay Rights Group Slams Judge Who Called Rapist ... 19 hr Christardy 5
News What Ohio's paid for Rhoden family funerals 4 m... 19 hr Bad Boy 6
News 3 in Hardin Co. face prescription drug charges (Mar '10) 20 hr Crapley McFartington 37
More from around the web