Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Comments
1,361 - 1,380 of 3,771 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2013
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet it's the liberals who are ending wars and stopping the financial bleeding cons caused.

The conservative hypocrisy has gone beyond astounding and entered the realm of the twilight zone!
how are they stopping the financial bleeding? The debt is higher than ever and going up

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to the parents of the child killed in Delaware by yet another gun idiot.
Tell it to the millions of children that will never be becuase of liberal butchers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet it's the liberals who are ending wars and stopping the financial bleeding cons caused.
The conservative hypocrisy has gone beyond astounding and entered the realm of the twilight zone!
Are you writing a stand up routine for Letterman.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:

Marcus Lutrell, forme member of Seal Team Five, author of 'Lone Survivor' and recipient of the Navy Cross said they could end the war in Afghanistan in a few weeks if it wasn't for policies of bleeding heart liberals backed by the liberal press. He also blames stupid rules of engagement written by people that are nowhere near the front lines on the deaths of his three companions as well as the deaths of many other American soldiers.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Gun dealers have sold enough guns, and extra ammo to arm a small Army. When your Government fears their people you have democracy, When the people fear the Government you have tyranny.
Amen!!!

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
since it is against the law already to fire a weapon in such a manner then the law should have already prevented the death.
secular progressives adore use less laws

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I grew up in south Chicago.....PROVE, IT IS THE MOST REGULATED CITY IN AMERICA?
I here that Obama plans on banning forks and spoons for everyone except him. Is this true?
Because I read that Mikey Moore owns assault rifles!
Isnt he a secular progressive?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

ToIgaOguz wrote:
<quoted text>
are you real girl?
Let me take a peak.....yep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

oops, wrong peek.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

WARNING

Another Rothschild Comes Forward to Speak on The Economy…Is this the Hegelian Dialectic Researchers Predicted?

For years activists and researchers have been predicting that the ruling class would begin coming out of the shadows when the world was on the verge of economic collapse, to offer the preplanned solution to the problem that they themselves created....

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/04/another-rot...

- ALSO -

Alternate Unemployment Charts

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/une...
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>secular progressives adore use less laws
so true Vance. I have always wanted to make a law that says for every new law ten old laws have to be taken off the books. For every new regulation ten old ones have to be repealed. For every new tax ten old ones have to be done away with.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
ELKTON ——
Aaliyah Boyer had hoped to watch the New Year's ball drop on TV, but when she learned she had missed the stroke of midnight by 32 seconds, she returned to the front yard with her friends to watch her neighbors light fireworks.
Nearby, someone apparently fired a gun into the air to add to the celebration. Amid the jubilation, the 10-year-old fell to the ground, the warmth and color draining from her body after she was hit by a falling bullet. Her family initially thought that she had fainted, but the wound would prove fatal.
Aaliyah was pronounced dead Thursday at a Delaware hospital after two days on life support.
Such injuries and deaths from wayward bullets are all too frequent, experts say, especially on holidays such as the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve. In Baltimore, a 4-year-old boy was wounded when a stray bullet hit him in the thigh after a 2011 Independence Day celebration.
The Cecil County death prompted Aaliyah's family to urge people to consider the consequences of firing into the air. "When you shoot a gun, a bullet has to go somewhere," said Crystal Blackburn, Aaliyah's mother. "Don't do that. Don't shoot guns for any reason."
Cecil County sheriff's investigators have no suspects in what appears to be an unprecedented homicide case for the small department. "Nothing like this has ever occurred in Cecil County in my career and to my knowledge," Lt. Michael Holmes said.
Aaliyah's family members said they have not had time to dwell on the long odds that the bullet would hit her. They spent the past few days concentrating on hope for her recovery, then beginning to mourn.
"It's just making it through the next minute," Cheri Blackburn, the girl's step-grandmother, said in her living room as Crystal Blackburn quietly made funeral arrangements on a laptop.
Crystal, 30, and Aaliyah, of Newark, Del., had been visiting Blackburn's father and stepmother on AJS Court in Elkton, a town about an hour northeast of Baltimore. Neighbors in the rustic, wooded community say violence is uncommon. But people do occasionally shoot off guns during the holidays, said Ryan Doyle, 23, who lives a house away from the Blackburns.
Tom Foley, who lives down the street, recognized the sound of gunshots mixing with fireworks early Tuesday but couldn't tell where it was coming from. "You'd hear faint pops and then you would hear what wasn't firework explosions," he said.
The Blackburns had moved into their yellow home, tucked behind giant pine trees down a long driveway, in August and thought they were far from the gunfire of major cities. "I wouldn't have thought anything like this could happen," said James Blackburn, Aaliyah's grandfather.
Such incidents of "celebratory gunfire" causing injury or death are not uncommon in the United States, according to Joseph Vince, director of Mount St. Mary's University's criminal justice program and a former chief of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' crime gun analysis branch.
In the July Fourth shooting from 2011 in Baltimore, city police said the boy was hit in the thigh by a bullet, possibly from celebratory gunfire. He survived his injury.
"This is a plague in the United States, especially on New Year's Eve," Vince said. "There are so many people who are shot or killed because people fire their firearms into the air. If you fire a projectile into the air, it's going to come down."
Vince said the practice among irresponsible gun owners kills dozens of people a year on New Year's and the Fourth of July, and goes back centuries. It began as a superstition, he said.
A fluke tragedy caused by stupidity...... Wonder how many Arabs are killed by THEIR firing in the air on every little occasion? In large crowded cities........

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree that the government doesn't need to know everything about be or what I own unless I've given good reason for them to.
Lots of moonshiners, meth-lab operators, and terrorists no doubt feel the same way.:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
The most defenseless, senior citizens are being targeted by the thugs for home invasions, of course they can't defend themselves from young criminals.
Thank liberals
They can't? Why? Because someone's talking about an assault weapons ban?

I've seen plenty of stories about old people using baseball bats or rakes or some such weapon to drive away some young punk. You must therefore be wrong.:)

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they revised the Nov 7.7% unemployment rate up to 7.8%
Unemployment rate remains unchanged.

155,000 jobs added.

And Romney still lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The SC finally had to bitch slap Chicago into allowing guns, don't you ever read a paper? Or watch Fox news?
Logic is not his native language, mantra is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I here that Obama plans
Poor Vince: just hasn't been right since Herman Cain kicked him in the head. Hearing voices again...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of moonshiners, meth-lab operators, and terrorists no doubt feel the same way.:)
Let's keep Kentucky out of this!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Marcus Lutrell, forme member of Seal Team Five, author of 'Lone Survivor' and recipient of the Navy Cross said they could end the war in Afghanistan in a few weeks if it wasn't for policies of bleeding heart liberals backed by the liberal press. He also blames stupid rules of engagement written by people that are nowhere near the front lines on the deaths of his three companions as well as the deaths of many other American soldiers.
Luttrell is a professional liar and criminal (arrested for assault in a bar fight in NYC, which he subsequently bragged about to his NRA buddies). He's been repeatedly called out for his exaggerations and misstatements on his actions in Afghanistan as well.

Nothing he says should be considered reliable. He's part of the reason this country is drifting slowly into fascism and never-ending war and violence.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
So do MILLIONS of law abiding citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••