Man robs Ky. bank tellers at gunpoint

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: WKRN 24

Police are continuing to search for a man who robbed bank tellers at gunpoint on Thursday afternoon in Franklin, Kentucky.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
StateLine

Portland, TN

#1 Nov 16, 2012
This is the second time this has happended to this bank. last month also.. I work very close to it.
wow

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Any ideas who it might be
CONCERNED

White House, TN

#3 Nov 16, 2012
which bank??????????
Joe

Duluth, GA

#4 Nov 16, 2012
A bank robber in a ski mask
Kcm

Peachtree City, GA

#5 Nov 16, 2012
Please be careful!
wbko

White House, TN

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Clayton Bixby

Portland, TN

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Good for him.
Good Enuf

Portland, TN

#8 Nov 17, 2012
They have spent years and honed it into a fine art of robbing us. As long as the employees were not hurt, the bank got what it deserved.
OH my

Adolphus, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Somebody a little upset with the bank (Good Enuf). You must be a former employee that got fired for something. So does the same go for if I shoplift at walmart and no one gets hurt it is good for me. And when they raise the prices there bad for you to buy stuff. Makes sense to me.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Everything will be good the Franklin Police are putting their "special forces" or whatever they call it back together. Wait a minute...back together? Why did they take it down anyway? No offense in anyway intended to the officers, as they are doing what the higher ranking dumbasses are telling to do. They are going to talk to all employees of the banks in town and they'll say the same stuff that needs to be said to anyone that is robbed...go along with the robbers requests. Here's one from me...if you get the chance put a .40 caliber round or maybe two in them and it will cut back on the number of robberies. Here's proof...Nashville and Tennessee in general have car jackings every day...they are tough on people in general having handguns. Kentucky has looser laws on handguns...when did you read or hear of a car jacking around here?
Rose

Portland, TN

#11 Nov 18, 2012
YOU WONT LIKE THIS wrote:
Everything will be good the Franklin Police are putting their "special forces" or whatever they call it back together. Wait a minute...back together? Why did they take it down anyway? No offense in anyway intended to the officers, as they are doing what the higher ranking dumbasses are telling to do. They are going to talk to all employees of the banks in town and they'll say the same stuff that needs to be said to anyone that is robbed...go along with the robbers requests. Here's one from me...if you get the chance put a .40 caliber round or maybe two in them and it will cut back on the number of robberies. Here's proof...Nashville and Tennessee in general have car jackings every day...they are tough on people in general having handguns. Kentucky has looser laws on handguns...when did you read or hear of a car jacking around here?
Even with that being said it's still a bit disconcerting to suddenly turn the isle at Walmart and find someone with handgun strapped to their waist

Location hidden

#12 Nov 18, 2012
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Even with that being said it's still a bit disconcerting to suddenly turn the isle at Walmart and find someone with handgun strapped to their waist
In real life that has never happened to you or me, but if were gonna look at stuff like that, look at a situation like this...all of a sudden there is a person randomly shooting in the store, and he's getting closer to where your at. Now whats the guy with the handgun strapped to his side look like to you?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 18, 2012
wow wrote:
Any ideas who it might be
I can't answer for anyone else, but if I knew I wouldn't put it on Topix, I'd call Crimestoppers and get my cool $10,000.00.(Just in case someone tells you who it was.):)
Rose

Portland, TN

#14 Nov 18, 2012
YOU WONT LIKE THIS wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life that has never happened to you or me, but if were gonna look at stuff like that, look at a situation like this...all of a sudden there is a person randomly shooting in the store, and he's getting closer to where your at. Now whats the guy with the handgun strapped to his side look like to you?
The problem is that crazy people carry guns also, and yes I have seen several people at Walmart with sidearms strapped to their wasit. Everyone does not need to carry a gun.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 18, 2012
I agree with you on some crazy people with guns...can you believe some of these people also drive cars! In Kentucky it is perfectly legal to carry a weapon on your side if it is exposed. I don't think management would let you last very long doing that in a Wal-Mart though, but I'm not calling you a liar, but if they have a sign up that says "NO WEAPONS ALLOWED", like most places do, then you sure enough would not last long. We really do not know who is packing and who is not because we have "conceal and carry" laws, which mean with the right training, you can carry a concealed weapon. This takes us back to my original point...see any car jackings going on where this woman or man may have a gun since the laws in this state allow it? I have no problem with everyone who is properly trained carrying a weapon of their choice. In fact I'll add to my last post that if that "crazy" person came in Wal-Mart shooting at everyone, I'd want every one in there carrying a gun wouldn't you?
mike

White House, TN

#16 Dec 3, 2012
i am one of those people in walmart ,and everywhere else, that has a gun strapped to my waist. walmart took their signs down long ago. Please remember, MOST criminals will NOT openly carry their firearm. So the majority of the time, if you see a gun on someones waist, they are probably a law abiding citizen who will protect all those around him if need be. That being said, i also carry in banks. If it gets robbed while im in there, if i felt someones LIFE was in danger and i had the chance, i would shoot. There needs to be more law abiding citizens who carry and would do the same.
mike

White House, TN

#17 Dec 3, 2012
To "YOU WONT LIKE THIS". even if there is a sign that says NO WEAPONS ALLOWED those are the places that you SHOULD CARRY. Just conceal it instead of out in the open. Those places are usually the first place criminals target because there is not suppose to be anyone else with a gun inside. It IS LEGAL to carry a concealed weapon into those places as long as it is concealed. NO criminal or civil charges can be placed against you if you are seen.
Newcomer

Nortonville, KY

#18 Dec 3, 2012
The fact that you have to go for training is good but remember, you still have to be approved through the sheriffs office and a background check is done. Not just anyone can get a concealed permit. I had one in Tenn. but when I moved here, it became invalid. Now I have to pay all over again. it is not cheap.
mike

White House, TN

#19 Dec 3, 2012
to newcomer. its cheaper than you think. I am a KY instructor and i do the classes for 60 dollars per person. alot of instructors are charging up to 125 dollars but that is against KY law. I do not do it for the money. I do it because i want to inform all KY residents of the laws and i think ALL law abiding citizens should carry a weapon. After the class you also have to pay 65 dollars to your sheriffs dept. for the background checks.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 3, 2012
mike wrote:
To "YOU WONT LIKE THIS". even if there is a sign that says NO WEAPONS ALLOWED those are the places that you SHOULD CARRY. Just conceal it instead of out in the open. Those places are usually the first place criminals target because there is not suppose to be anyone else with a gun inside. It IS LEGAL to carry a concealed weapon into those places as long as it is concealed. NO criminal or civil charges can be placed against you if you are seen.
Thanks for this info Mike!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 7 hr Donica bill the s... 44
Massena woman admits committing welfare fraud 9 hr Alo68 34
Madrid teenager jailed on sexual abuse charge (Jul '13) 9 hr you know nothing 23
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 10 hr L Morales 23
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 19 hr Alice 31
Lincoln PSD troubles ease Fri The Chicago Way 3
Mayor-elect Schaaf: Now is 'Oakland's time' Fri Disgusted with Oa... 1
More from around the web