Jury selection underway in Franklin County trial

Day one of jury selection for the sexual abuse trial of Charles T. Jefferson Jr.

Read more
nygirl

Carthage, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2012
I remember this dirt bag Charlie Jefferson from when I lives in Malone. He was disgusting then too. Always making the girls feel eerie around him.

Hope he rots in jail!!
your mama

Syracuse, NY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
How can a parent not do something when this is happening to their child. How could they pick a man over protecting their child
SICK
nygirl

Carthage, NY

#3 Nov 6, 2012
I agree that is sick. She should be charged too. And hopefully her child gets taken away and she never sees the child again. Disgusting
juju

Syracuse, NY

#4 Nov 6, 2012
This happened to a girl I went to school with. The uncle molested her, her sister and her cousin.
The aunt and the mom knew and did nothing. The man "Marty" that did it, is in prison at this time. But I think the mom and the aunt should be there too. Any one who does not protect their child is just as bad as the person who did it.
disgusted

Hadley, MA

#5 Nov 6, 2012
If this is who I'm thinking of the mother of the girls did not know. Marty's skanky nasty wife Sheri absolutely did know. I know these people too as the girls are my family. Marty also molested his own son. I completely agree that his wife should be in prison too. She's a rotten piece of crap.
northofnowhere

New York, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2012
I f you remember right he was brought right up in it. His family member did the same thing.
When he was in school he was a decent kid . Great basketball player .
He never had a chance at a decent life never taught anything about self pride,
Im not sticking uo for him but kids need supervising parents and he had nothing whatso ever.
If he serves 20 yeARS MAYBE WHEN HE HETS OUT HE WILL LEARN ABOUT DECENCY WHEN HE GETS OUT.
disgusted

Hadley, MA

#7 Nov 6, 2012
northofnowhere wrote:
I f you remember right he was brought right up in it. His family member did the same thing.
When he was in school he was a decent kid . Great basketball player .
He never had a chance at a decent life never taught anything about self pride,
Im not sticking uo for him but kids need supervising parents and he had nothing whatso ever.
If he serves 20 yeARS MAYBE WHEN HE HETS OUT HE WILL LEARN ABOUT DECENCY WHEN HE GETS OUT.
My parents were never there for me. I moved in with my boyfriend and his drug addict mother when I was 14, I have NEVER been in jail, you make your OWN choices in life. This is not on his parents this is all on him.
northof nowhere

New York, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2012
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were never there for me. I moved in with my boyfriend and his drug addict mother when I was 14, I have NEVER been in jail, you make your OWN choices in life. This is not on his parents this is all on him.
Im so sorry I didnt mean it was ok I only said incest was in his family. I certainly am not sticking up for him I think its terrible . I apologize to you.
Life is hard for us all some worst than others ,
So true

New York, NY

#9 Nov 6, 2012
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well honey, moving in with your boyfriend and living with him when you're only 14 doesn't exactly say that much about you except that you were a victim of statutory rape. And it doesn't say much for your life if you thought so little of yourself that you had to move in with someone at such an early age. Not what I'd call a very mature decision. Sorry toots. Maybe the "my parents were never there for me" BS is an excuse to act out and get away with it. I have a niece who used to tell her counselor the same BS and that is exactly what it was - BS. Her parents were there every step of the way but her little teen attitude never saw it. Perhaps this is true of you too??
disgusted

Hadley, MA

#10 Nov 6, 2012
So true wrote:
<quoted text>Well honey, moving in with your boyfriend and living with him when you're only 14 doesn't exactly say that much about you except that you were a victim of statutory rape. And it doesn't say much for your life if you thought so little of yourself that you had to move in with someone at such an early age. Not what I'd call a very mature decision. Sorry toots. Maybe the "my parents were never there for me" BS is an excuse to act out and get away with it. I have a niece who used to tell her counselor the same BS and that is exactly what it was - BS. Her parents were there every step of the way but her little teen attitude never saw it. Perhaps this is true of you too??
I left a home where I was abused by my father and completely ignored by my mother as she was too busy with any man she could get her hands on.

I was 14 and so was my bf. I wasn't a victim of statutory rape. I was a teenager who needed out of my home and was taken in by people who actually gave a damn about me, His mom wasn't perfect, but she at least cared.

I'm 34 years old now and really don't have a reason to spew teenage BS. You don't know me, so I don't see where you think you have the right to basically call me a liar.

Maybe it wasn't the most mature decision, but what the hell do you expect from a 14 year old girl who had parents who could have cared less about her?

I could keep going and tell you how awful my parents really were and my father still is, but your opinion of me really means nothing to me so why bother.

I have a great life. I'm married and have been with the same man for 10 years. We both have full time jobs, own our own house, and have a very happy life together. I chose to make a life for myself, no one helped me or forced me to do anything.
engineer

New York, NY

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Turns out the Dr found no evidence of abuse. The DA had no evidence and offered a plea. Guess he didn't want to take his chances and took the deal (can understand- facing 43 counts/charges and jail is rough for convicted child abusers). Seems he was railroaded and should have never been on trail to begin with. There was never any evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 3 hr Len is Disgusted 64,548
News Vallejo woman among three charged in methamphet... 6 hr Doh 1
News DPS joins call to restart border-security contr... 7 hr asi tu madre 4
News Half million bond set for Dustin Maleski 8 hr Molly 1
News 17 Indicted for Drug Trafficking in Pickaw... 9 hr BG 13
News Claim: Michael Jackson Paid at Least $200M to S... 10 hr goodvibrations 330
News Help watch over your neighborhood (Aug '12) 11 hr Sharon 5
More from around the web