Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1602 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

Jason

Stockton, CA

#1386 Nov 25, 2012
Jennie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Jennie, you refer to me as daughter in-law. I was told about these posts and just thought I would ease your mind that not every one runs around doing whatever they want. I was ordained in 2006, and while yes there are many people in this world who run around choosing to live life how it pleases them, I desire to please the Father. I'm not sure what benefit it would be to anyone to be married by someone who couldn't officiate a wedding.
I'm sure after reading some of these posts that someone will want to say things about our family, but I'll tell you this..... Time is short and the Father is coming quickly, and while I can see that it would be easy to be sucked into wanting to read, comment and defend a thousand things on here, I just don't desire to spend my time that way. There are so many people who still dont know the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I would rather spend my time preaching the good news in these times than bickering.
I hope that you find some peace and are one day able to move on from whatever hurt you and sent you to this site.
Jennie, you need to stop it. Its 2012. Tell me your not still rolling with this crowd. I would say I feel sorry for you, but I cant. You have seen much over the years. Even the Father that you pray to is shaking his head. For everyone else on this site, I was once with this group of people, been to Silly Matthews place, been to Eddie "pimp daddy" Dushbag place. Its not shocking that this type of stuff happens. That is who they are. For the group that still follow these people, sometimes you have to go thru it to get to the truth. Its a harsh understanding when your eyes are open, and it takes time to recover. For the name calling of Eddie and Billy, its okay. They know exactly what it is they are doing, cant plead ignorance. Andrew, and the truth will set you free. Its to bad it cost much.
Truth

Elk River, MN

#1387 Nov 25, 2012
It is the truth that sets you free...well said Jason.
Lisa

Chino Hills, CA

#1388 Nov 27, 2012
This is a horrible situation for all involved. It puts a cloud once again on "Christians" it is embarrassing and offensive to "real" believers. I knew Bill and Mary Matthews, they use to travel with my former pastor and would minister in our church from time to time. This is just another sign that we are living in the last days as the Bible says: "Fathers will turn against their sons", in the name of God. Bill, stop hiding behind the name of GOD, this is all you, you have let your carnality take over and blind your judgement, I suppose to you it is fine, because you really believe what you are doing is right, and if you believe it than you are not lying, but, there is something definitely wrong on a moral stand of what you did and continue to do especially to your own flesh and blood, you should be ashamed of yourself and anyone else who supports these decisions should check their spirit, it is wrong!!!
I have traveled with the Matthews' as a group, and have sat at the same dinner table and ate with them, had conversation with Bill and the late Mary, and would have never known what truly lied under this man's facade. A true wolf in sheep's clothing. Andrew, I have never met you but I am praying for you and YOUR daughter that victory will prevail on your behalf.
calling all Saints

Oregon, WI

#1389 Nov 28, 2012
Lisa wrote:
This is a horrible situation for all involved. It puts a cloud once again on "Christians" it is embarrassing and offensive to "real" believers. I knew Bill and Mary Matthews, they use to travel with my former pastor and would minister in our church from time to time. This is just another sign that we are living in the last days as the Bible says: "Fathers will turn against their sons", in the name of God. Bill, stop hiding behind the name of GOD, this is all you, you have let your carnality take over and blind your judgement, I suppose to you it is fine, because you really believe what you are doing is right, and if you believe it than you are not lying, but, there is something definitely wrong on a moral stand of what you did and continue to do especially to your own flesh and blood, you should be ashamed of yourself and anyone else who supports these decisions should check their spirit, it is wrong!!!
I have traveled with the Matthews' as a group, and have sat at the same dinner table and ate with them, had conversation with Bill and the late Mary, and would have never known what truly lied under this man's facade. A true wolf in sheep's clothing. Andrew, I have never met you but I am praying for you and YOUR daughter that victory will prevail on your behalf.
See from your location that you are located close to another of these 'wolves in sheep's cloathing' who are self proclaimed 'DRs','Prophets', and 'Apostles', the leader of the pack, Ed DuFresne. Just a couple of months until another of his big meetings in your area.
Jason

Stockton, CA

#1390 Nov 28, 2012
please wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you are trying to clarify things but what you wrote makes absolutely no sense
Cant stop laughing
Jason

Stockton, CA

#1391 Nov 28, 2012
Praying for you wrote:
To the two ex-members of Genesis (Susie and ex member of Genesis) you seem to have become so filled with offense you have completely forgotten the word. Remember "judge not lest you be judged", there is no man perfect, no man that hasn't been innocent but accused of being guilty a time or two in their life, no man that has been guilty but said they were innocent a time or two in their life, no man that hasn't apologized for their mistake but still been ridiculed for what they did, no man is perfect, no pastor is perfect they just are called differently and have different responsibilities. Have you ever noticed it's in mans nature to accuse someone of doing wrong even though that person was just ignorant in that area.
We need to remember and not be distracted from the word, I'm sure the devil would love to get you so caught up in offense that you forget that one of the seven things God hates is discord among the brethren, and yet here we are bashing the body of Christ. No one is being helped.
You must ask the question, you attended the church with no issue never having a complaint until you walk out the door, you go on trips, say "I love you pastor I'll never leave God has called me here"," I
know that God has blessed me so that I can support the vision"; but remember whatever we sow we shall reap, you should that someone doesn't open up a site and begin to judge you for the wrongs you have committed in your lives, hypothetically what if you were on disability but not reporting that you had opened a cleaning business and were earning money, hypothetically what if you didn't keep your business license current because you were collecting disability, or what if you built a room in the back of your house and didn't get permits from the city to do so, or what if you hired men to do work on your house an then didn't pay them, or what if you hired contractors who had no license to work on your house, or hypothetically what if you had marijuana in your home for medical purposes but were sharing with your family illegally, or hypothetically what if you were on section 8 and weren't reporting your income, or if you got married to a man who makes good money but didn't report the changes to section 8???
Anything can be twisted and made to sound like it favors them, Iam sure the alcoholic loves the verse that says Jesus first miracle was he turned water into wine.
I hope that someone doesn't turn all your mistakes into a public debate for all to see and judge, or twist them into something that they are not. Or use your ignorance in an area to fault you.
We must be very careful not to be lead away unknowingly, such as calling churches a cult and saying it's witchcraft their being brainwashed, but what are you doing ? Gossiping which is witchcraft.
First of all, shut the HELL in you, up. This junk you just typed, sounds like Ed Dufresne sermon or one of his books. I'm not feeling one bit of fear, when I say this. Yeah we all got things that we have done that were not proud of, even when we know right and wrong. But the things that have gone on in these churches have gone on to long. Its one thing to repent and ask for forgiveness. But they just keep going down the same road, hurting the next victims. Bottom line is this, they are all self appointed pastors. For surely God did not call them. Susie and ex member, go ahead and say it, and yell it from the roof tops. Its not like you two are offended and talking trash. It seems to me this stuff is going on world wide. Its time for us to link up, not to destroy the people who are involved with this, but to expose the danger of this stuff.
knows better now

Toulon, IL

#1392 Nov 30, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, shut the HELL in you, up. This junk you just typed, sounds like Ed Dufresne sermon or one of his books. I'm not feeling one bit of fear, when I say this. Yeah we all got things that we have done that were not proud of, even when we know right and wrong. But the things that have gone on in these churches have gone on to long. Its one thing to repent and ask for forgiveness. But they just keep going down the same road, hurting the next victims. Bottom line is this, they are all self appointed pastors. For surely God did not call them. Susie and ex member, go ahead and say it, and yell it from the roof tops. Its not like you two are offended and talking trash. It seems to me this stuff is going on world wide. Its time for us to link up, not to destroy the people who are involved with this, but to expose the danger of this stuff.
So right Jason. This is straight from Ed DuFresne. All these self appointed Drs. and Apostles and Prophets use this same message to keep their control of others. The Drs. DuFresne, Matthews, Powers, Jacobs, Webb, etc. are all self serving. It is time for them to be exposed for what they really are, A bunch of ego maniac charletons. Live the rich lifestyle and always scamming from those that can least afford it. Then prey on the unsuspecting females in the 'church'.
Jason

Stockton, CA

#1393 Dec 1, 2012
Man oh Man. Let the truth be told. Always wondered how a cult becomes a cult. Well I don't no more. What happened in Waco Texas was real sad. How the people refused to come out. What's real sad, is that its happening to a lot of people in churches across this country, and its called brainwashed. Maybe there is no military, federal, or local police outside your church doors on a loud speaker, commanding people to come out. But there are those family, friends, and others who are yelling, GET OUT! So Sad. When I was a member with this type of church, I saw much. Awful things. I was in leadership, got to see things behind close doors. I was young in the faith. Just wanted to do the right thing. Wanted my life as a husband and a father to be better. Walked into a church door, to seek out Jesus. At first, it was all good. You see when your naive to whats really going on, you don't know. So this is what happens: you lay down your guard and began to trust the information that is being fed to you.{church service}. You start to open yourself up. Mentally and spiritually. You make friends with those who are members. The pastor and those who are in leadership began to keep an eye on you. They want to see if you tithe and give offerings weekly. They introduce you to the plan of {Ministry of Helps}. They promote you into some sort of leadership. Before you know it you are in a relationship with these people. Then after awhile you began to see things that you would question. But remember, your brainwashed not to question the leadership, if you do want to question some things, its the voice of the enemy, they need to lay hands on you, cause your under attack from the devil. Your under attack cause you have a strong call on your life. I want to throw up just typing this stuff. As you keep company with this kind of people, it gets worse. I feel great now that I am out, it took a toll on my personal life, went back to my old ways, when I first left these churches. But I am Back and better, with my wife and kids. I know why I went thru that awful time, the same reason why all you went thru it. Jesus told us, Beware. I hope this helps someone.
calling all Saints

Oregon, WI

#1394 Dec 3, 2012
Jason wrote:
Man oh Man. Let the truth be told. Always wondered how a cult becomes a cult. Well I don't no more. What happened in Waco Texas was real sad. How the people refused to come out. What's real sad, is that its happening to a lot of people in churches across this country, and its called brainwashed. Maybe there is no military, federal, or local police outside your church doors on a loud speaker, commanding people to come out. But there are those family, friends, and others who are yelling, GET OUT! So Sad. When I was a member with this type of church, I saw much. Awful things. I was in leadership, got to see things behind close doors. I was young in the faith. Just wanted to do the right thing. Wanted my life as a husband and a father to be better. Walked into a church door, to seek out Jesus. At first, it was all good. You see when your naive to whats really going on, you don't know. So this is what happens: you lay down your guard and began to trust the information that is being fed to you.{church service}. You start to open yourself up. Mentally and spiritually. You make friends with those who are members. The pastor and those who are in leadership began to keep an eye on you. They want to see if you tithe and give offerings weekly. They introduce you to the plan of {Ministry of Helps}. They promote you into some sort of leadership. Before you know it you are in a relationship with these people. Then after awhile you began to see things that you would question. But remember, your brainwashed not to question the leadership, if you do want to question some things, its the voice of the enemy, they need to lay hands on you, cause your under attack from the devil. Your under attack cause you have a strong call on your life. I want to throw up just typing this stuff. As you keep company with this kind of people, it gets worse. I feel great now that I am out, it took a toll on my personal life, went back to my old ways, when I first left these churches. But I am Back and better, with my wife and kids. I know why I went thru that awful time, the same reason why all you went thru it. Jesus told us, Beware. I hope this helps someone.
Well said Jason. I hate that you had to go through what you did at the hands of these 'Men of God' but I am glad to know I was not the only one that has been taken in and manipulated by these DRs. I too went through a rough period when I left the 'church' but I found a real church that teaches the principles of Christ and does care about the sinner, not the money. I am still hesitant to let my guard down and truly trust any 'man of God' but I know true Christians are there and I know my Lord and Saviour. These bottom feeder scumbags will get what is coming to them but they are taking so many otheres with them. I feel sorry for the women and children of these churches.
keeping it real

United States

#1395 Dec 7, 2012
It's so funny how Bill Matthews and his small weak band of followers continue to hide behind the pulpit and in the walls of that church (the one he stole and refinanced so him and his daughter wife can live there extravagant lifestyle) so true that God will be the judge, I do feel sad for those that choose to feed there own ego by staying there and getting there ears tickled just as long as they pay money to the church. It's pretty interesting when u see that even a judge decided it was unhealthy for Drews daughter to attend dollar bills school. #getaclue
Lol

Elk River, MN

#1396 Dec 7, 2012
I don't know why people here think they have an extravagant lifestyle. They don't own their own houses, all the cars they drive are cars they are trying to sell and are on notes from the bank. Their everyday life is hard labor at a greasy, run down shop. It is back breaking dirty work. Dollar Bill has to beg from the pulpit every service just to pay all the debt. He might as well be sitting on a street corner with his hat held out, it would be just as glamorous. I don't know about you but I don't envy their life at all. If I was Dollar Bill at over 60 years old I would be pretty depressed to look at my broken life. He has a felony charge, not much for earthly possessions, he is leaving a legacy of shame, a family that he destroyed. The "friends" he thinks he has talk bad about him behind his back and only stay with him because he gives them offerings and he let's them beg in his pulpit. He had to brain wash his daughter in law into marrying him and she probably throws up a little every night. They preach that you will know men by their fruit. They look like a bunch of rotten fruit. They are reaping some of what they have sewn and I would say the worst is yet to come.
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1397 Dec 8, 2012
Lol wrote:
I don't know why people here think they have an extravagant lifestyle. They don't own their own houses, all the cars they drive are cars they are trying to sell and are on notes from the bank. Their everyday life is hard labor at a greasy, run down shop. It is back breaking dirty work. Dollar Bill has to beg from the pulpit every service just to pay all the debt. He might as well be sitting on a street corner with his hat held out, it would be just as glamorous. I don't know about you but I don't envy their life at all. If I was Dollar Bill at over 60 years old I would be pretty depressed to look at my broken life. He has a felony charge, not much for earthly possessions, he is leaving a legacy of shame, a family that he destroyed. The "friends" he thinks he has talk bad about him behind his back and only stay with him because he gives them offerings and he let's them beg in his pulpit. He had to brain wash his daughter in law into marrying him and she probably throws up a little every night. They preach that you will know men by their fruit. They look like a bunch of rotten fruit. They are reaping some of what they have sewn and I would say the worst is yet to come.
'Dr" Bill may not live an exxtravagant lifestyle now because of all his other problems. I think a lot of the reference to extravagant lifestyles is aimed at the socalled DRs such as DuFresne, Powers, Jacobs, Webb, etc. and Dr Bill at one time. Yes Bill should be living in a life of shame but he is too much an ego maniac, self serving, scum to feel any shame. And that daughter in law wife is just a slut, proven by her actions. Yeah Bill should never have approached his then daughter in law but she was a willing participant and old Bill should be watching her closely because she may be 'counseling' some of the younger men in the church about how to 'please thier wives'. This is a sick group, as is most of the followers of the 'Fresh Oil' group. Look at the leader DuFresne's past, both ED's and Nancy's. And Powers is no better. Great examples of Christians, men and women of God.
Great and terrible days

United States

#1398 Dec 10, 2012
former follower wrote:
<quoted text> 'Dr" Bill may not live an exxtravagant lifestyle now because of all his other problems. I think a lot of the reference to extravagant lifestyles is aimed at the socalled DRs such as DuFresne, Powers, Jacobs, Webb, etc. and Dr Bill at one time. Yes Bill should be living in a life of shame but he is too much an ego maniac, self serving, scum to feel any shame. And that daughter in law wife is just a slut, proven by her actions. Yeah Bill should never have approached his then daughter in law but she was a willing participant and old Bill should be watching her closely because she may be 'counseling' some of the younger men in the church about how to 'please thier wives'. This is a sick group, as is most of the followers of the 'Fresh Oil' group. Look at the leader DuFresne's past, both ED's and Nancy's. And Powers is no better. Great examples of Christians, men and women of God.
If bill would stop spending the churches money on his ridculasly expensive trips all the time and start putting the money where it belongs like on their bills and to help the members and hey what about reaching out into the community and winning the lost they may not be in such mess! But as we know it is far more important to feed egos and "look" and "sound" like your prosperous than it is to do the Lords work! The only winner here is the devil these last days are filling up with many who once believed with all their heart but were taken for everything they had and are beginning to fall away. It may be difficult but we have to fight our way back to when we were first told the truth in the scriptures...forget about the mess keep our eyes on His coming!! HE IS COMING SOON HOLD FAST AND GRAB AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN TO COME WITH!

Since: Feb 12

Elk River, MN

#1399 Dec 10, 2012
Great and terrible days wrote:
<quoted text>
hey what about reaching out into the community and winning the lost they may not be in such mess!
Actually, in Bill's case, I would rather that he left the community alone. If it was a healthy ministry, I would be all for it "reaching out into the community", but in the case of Solid Rock, it is better that they keep their hands off of the community, lest they do more damage and bring more shame to the gospel of the Christ.
Eyes To See

Tucson, AZ

#1400 Dec 11, 2012
Hoogenboom was seen with a slim short blond female at a high school football game without his wife in Tucson, Arizona. His wife is said to have moved back to Indiana. It is unknown if they are still married. Hoogenboom is preaching from a small store front with 10 people attending.

Since: Sep 11

out on the lone prairee

#1401 Dec 12, 2012
Sounds like gratuitous gossip to me, Eyes. Where is this storefront?
True Messenger

Tucson, AZ

#1402 Dec 12, 2012
Eyes To See wrote:
Hoogenboom was seen with a slim short blond female at a high school football game without his wife in Tucson, Arizona. His wife is said to have moved back to Indiana. It is unknown if they are still married. Hoogenboom is preaching from a small store front with 10 people attending.
is it the same blond female that leads worship at his church servances? Rumors were always flying about him and her ever since he opened the doors in Tucson.
Eyes To See

Tucson, AZ

#1403 Dec 12, 2012
The Ol Wagonmaster wrote:
Sounds like gratuitous gossip to me, Eyes. Where is this storefront?
Call it what you want..Hawaiian Restaurant Harrison and Golf Links - In the Big Lots shopping Center
Question

Tucson, AZ

#1404 Dec 12, 2012
Why is hoogenboom in Tucson And his wife is somewhere else? Didn't he come from Indiana ? Why doesn't he go back there? Who is this blond chick anyways. Is she why he is staying in Tucson?
Repentance

Tucson, AZ

#1405 Dec 12, 2012
According to the Book of Enoch, the watchers were sent to the earth to teach mankind and ended up lusting after the women and fell. Demons have been roaming rampant since the beginning of time tempting man with the beauty of women. Without repentance and deliverance, the demons will lay dormant inside their victims, both pastors and laypeople alike. The men being spoken about on this blog sound very much like they are under a demonic influence because of a female! Wake up guys! You need deliverance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions' tough on crime talk could lead to ful... 4 hr Retribution 16
News CBS seeks dismissal of $750M defamation suit br... 6 hr Steve Eller 123
News Former U.S. Border agent sentenced in attempted... 7 hr killer 436
News JonBenet Ramsey ransom note was written by her ... 12 hr KCinNYC 29
News Profile of a Pedophile: Does Michael Jackson fit? (Dec '08) 13 hr Spotted Wee 64,791
News Dylann Roof's friend is going to prison for lyi... 14 hr Adelson knows 1
News Diane Dimond: Still No Justice for JonBenet Ram... 16 hr kauna 152
More from around the web