Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1601 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

Jennie

United States

#1366 Oct 26, 2012
Karina wrote:
Does anyone know why the Rojas were dismissed from Dufresne Fresh Oil? I heard it had something to do with the daughter in law marrying the Powers son n the Rojas daughter how could this be shes not ordained I tell you these people will do whatever they want.
This is Jennie, you refer to me as daughter in-law. I was told about these posts and just thought I would ease your mind that not every one runs around doing whatever they want. I was ordained in 2006, and while yes there are many people in this world who run around choosing to live life how it pleases them, I desire to please the Father. I'm not sure what benefit it would be to anyone to be married by someone who couldn't officiate a wedding.
I'm sure after reading some of these posts that someone will want to say things about our family, but I'll tell you this..... Time is short and the Father is coming quickly, and while I can see that it would be easy to be sucked into wanting to read, comment and defend a thousand things on here, I just don't desire to spend my time that way. There are so many people who still dont know the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I would rather spend my time preaching the good news in these times than bickering.
I hope that you find some peace and are one day able to move on from whatever hurt you and sent you to this site.
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1367 Oct 27, 2012
Jennie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Jennie, you refer to me as daughter in-law. I was told about these posts and just thought I would ease your mind that not every one runs around doing whatever they want. I was ordained in 2006, and while yes there are many people in this world who run around choosing to live life how it pleases them, I desire to please the Father. I'm not sure what benefit it would be to anyone to be married by someone who couldn't officiate a wedding.
I'm sure after reading some of these posts that someone will want to say things about our family, but I'll tell you this..... Time is short and the Father is coming quickly, and while I can see that it would be easy to be sucked into wanting to read, comment and defend a thousand things on here, I just don't desire to spend my time that way. There are so many people who still dont know the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I would rather spend my time preaching the good news in these times than bickering.
I hope that you find some peace and are one day able to move on from whatever hurt you and sent you to this site.
I hope that you too will find some peace and are one day able to move on from whatever sent YOU to this site. Go forward preaching the good news just like the DRs, Powers, DuFresne, Webb, Jacobs, etc. When do you get to be DR also, seems you fit right in with the rest of the self serving money grubbing group that you associate with. Go forward and BE BLESSED, BE BLESSED
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1368 Oct 27, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about being dismissed, but I do know I the daughter in-law married them she is ordaine I was at the service when they were all ordained in Merced.
yeah, anyone can be ordained and anyone can become a DR and anyone can be an APOSTLE, just bring in enough money and a DR will ORDAIN you and you can also be a PROPHET or an APOSTLE. Just as DR Matthews became a DR because of his years of CHRISTIAN work and his exemplory
CHRISTIAN example.
old timer

Portland, OR

#1369 Oct 27, 2012
Jennie wrote:
<quoted text>
Jennie,

It's a good thing that you desire to spend your time preaching the good news, but it is a fact that the "good news" is being profoundly compromised by evil people. People who pretend to be God's servants when, in reality, they are only interested in furthering their own agendas, which are so despicable that no one, especially God, could never approve of! Please realize that the things going on in these, so called, churches draw more people away from God than you can ever begin to reach in several lifetimes!
Karina

Manteca, CA

#1370 Oct 29, 2012
I am sorry I meant to say "The Rev Righteous Jenny" cause isnt that what you and your husband are called now
Jimmy Jo

Manteca, CA

#1371 Oct 29, 2012
You know the thing with all these pastors or Reverends is that once members start to leave from these churches majority of the Pastors speak curses over their lives excuse me how can you curse something that God blessed just because someone left their churches so sad
calling all Saints

Oak Creek, WI

#1372 Oct 30, 2012
Jimmy Jo wrote:
You know the thing with all these pastors or Reverends is that once members start to leave from these churches majority of the Pastors speak curses over their lives excuse me how can you curse something that God blessed just because someone left their churches so sad
I would not be too concerned about the 'curses' these so-called pastors or reverends or DRs speak over anyone. They are a bunch of ego maniacs and speak these 'curses' in an attempt to frighten others from opening their eyes and leaving also. Just as the self proclaimed 'Saint' has refused to openly admit he was wrong and apologize, these 'men of God' are self absorbed and ego driven.
Elk River Mallard

Albertville, MN

#1373 Oct 31, 2012
There is a not-so-friendly discussion going on between the Mathews and Hoogenboom families:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/solid-rock-chur...

or:

https://www.facebook.com/arhoogenboom...
calling all Saints

Oak Creek, WI

#1374 Nov 9, 2012
Elk River Mallard wrote:
There is a not-so-friendly discussion going on between the Mathews and Hoogenboom families:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/solid-rock-chur...
or:
https://www.facebook.com/arhoogenboom...
this is so funny. And both these 'men of God' and 'christian congregations' wonder why folks turn away from 'the church'. Fine examples here. I just hope Andy, his daughter, and sisters can make a better life and move on from this travesty and 'den of sin'. It is time folks and congregations like Matthews, DuFresne, Webb, Jacobs, Powers, Silva, Rojas, Edwards, etc. get a real 'DR.' to treat them and the sickness they have. Stealing is wrong whether it is from the old or not. Taking another man's wife is wrong, whether it is your own son's wife (sick, sick, sick) or not. How any person, especially another woman could condone what Lorena has done and view her as a Chritian example for their children, is beyond comprehension. I wonder how the other Matthews daughters and sons 'really' feel about Lorena and their dad's so called marriage. A word to any of the other men in the church, especially family members, watch out for the 'counseling' your women folk are getting from the 'Dr.' Just saying.
Lol

Elk River, MN

#1375 Nov 9, 2012
Did they remove the conversation? I can't see it at either of those links.@calling all saints- very well said!
calling all Saints

Oak Creek, WI

#1376 Nov 11, 2012
@ Saint: Apostle DR Jimmy Powers aka Saint
You have been outed so I don't expect an open apology from you because you are such an egotistical, money grubbing, power seeking, narcissistic indvidual. But it was fun outing you for the person you are, posting on here as Saint.

Enjoy yourself here on earth cause your after life will be much less pleasant.
former follower

Davenport, IA

#1377 Nov 17, 2012
Yep Mr Apostle Dr Jimmy Saint Powers it does appear you have been exposed again. You and your elk have done tremendous damage to so many churches and have driven away thousands of people. You and the rest of those ego driven DRs will be the cause of many turning their backs on the church and God. May you and the other Drs (Matthews, DeFresne, Jacobs, etc.) burn in hell along with those you have stolen from and casued to turn their backs on God because of your examples. Best of luck to Andy and the rest of the Matthews family. May you find peace and reconciliation within your family, even if it does not include Dr Bill and Lorena.
time to tell it all

United States

#1378 Nov 19, 2012
Wondering how many other women like myself have been pursued and violated by bill Matthews?
Saddened

Saint Paul, MN

#1379 Nov 19, 2012
time to tell it all wrote:
Wondering how many other women like myself have been pursued and violated by bill Matthews?
How long ago did this happen to you? Was Bill married at the time?
NOT AT ALL SURPRISED

Sartell, MN

#1380 Nov 20, 2012
Well, i'm not shocked at all, if he can sleep with his daughter in law and treat his family and wife the way he has, nothing surprises me anymore.
calling all Saints

Oak Creek, WI

#1381 Nov 20, 2012
By DR Matthews and any of the other self proclaimed 'DRs". They prey on women while supposedly they 'pray' for women. Give themselves big titles to appear more important so others will succumb to them.
old timer

Portland, OR

#1382 Nov 20, 2012
Just how far could these so called "pastors, apostles, DRs" get without exploiting women? I don't think very far, and the problem is that women are taught from the beginning that they must submit to everyone, their parents, their husbands, their pastors-no questions asked! In addition, women are told that they should not gossip, but what does that really mean to a woman in this situation? Don't speak out when you or someone you know has or is being violated? Women are worse than dogs in this system because they are, not only, mistreated but asked to perpetuate the same doctrine of mistreatment! They must teach other females how to submit to the same ideas that have enslaved them! All the while, they are being told that this is God's will! This is an outrageous betrayal. We would all do well to take another look-with clear eyes-at just what Jesus wants for women. I can guarantee he never intended for this **** to be happening!
Stubby

Hazen, ND

#1383 Nov 21, 2012
After the Hoogenboom trials, MN law was changed so that a pastor cannot have sexual relations with a member of his congregation. Similar to a doctor-patient relationship. A priest in the metro was recently charged, but I do not know the outcome.

As far as I am concerned, James Hoogenboom is a sexual predator.
calling all Saints

Oak Creek, WI

#1384 Nov 21, 2012
Stubby wrote:
After the Hoogenboom trials, MN law was changed so that a pastor cannot have sexual relations with a member of his congregation. Similar to a doctor-patient relationship. A priest in the metro was recently charged, but I do not know the outcome.
As far as I am concerned, James Hoogenboom is a sexual predator.
The laws were put in place making it a crime but that doesn't stop or prevent it from happening. Just as student \ teacher relations. These so-called 'men of God' are living a pretty good life, scamming /stealing / and extorting from others that are submissive because that is how they have been indoctrinated. Women are used and abused. And the young girls become women and are subjected to the same teachings and treatment.
Such a mess

Elk River, MN

#1385 Nov 21, 2012
I am so sorry for you and all you may have gone through. I hope you get some help for yourself and don't walk away from God. I too have experienced some of that from bill matthews and his wife was alive at the time. I would strongly suggest that you do not give out your name for your own sake. But do get some help, find someone you can trust outside the whole fake church shit and save yourself. I thank you for letting everyone know but be sure to keep yourself protected. Sending prayers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena man faces 10 days in jail for punching ... 2 hr Forrest 4
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) 2 hr Friend 23
News Hogsett proposes free or reduced-cost housing f... 4 hr Wish 1
News Peggy Hubbard Exposes Hypocrisy of #blacklivesm... 12 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Alarming Tale of L.A. Sheriff's Officers 13 hr hoodcats 2
News Prosecutor: Slain mom, girl were witnesses agai... 17 hr About time 1
News Shackling Juveniles in Transportation: Hobbling... Fri eddie haskel 1
More from around the web