Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1602 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

no longer blind

Madison, WI

#1346 Sep 19, 2012
Mindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my dad has said the same about us. That he would like to have a relationship with us and he is believing for us to come back. Dufresne says the same about his kids. It's a bunch of hog wash.
Seems these ego control freaks all have the same story to tell, blaming those that they have hurt, and 'believing for them to come back'. Seems the one that needs to come back is still putting on a sham. Very interesting live stream the last couple nignts. Yes I watched, just to see if anything had changed. Same phrases used, same script, same bunch of 'hog wash' being doled out. Mindy, lots of luck to you, Andrew, etc. Prayers for you, sincere prayers.
Karina

Stockton, CA

#1347 Sep 19, 2012
I not ever said powers disowned his son I just wanted to know why the Rojas were dismissed by Dufresne what they didn't give enough money or what
calling all Saints

Oregon, WI

#1348 Sep 21, 2012
Karina wrote:
I not ever said powers disowned his son I just wanted to know why the Rojas were dismissed by Dufresne what they didn't give enough money or what
DuFresne had to choose between Rojas (who had been with Fresh Oil longer) and Powers (who brought in more money) and you have the answer. Rojas and Powers family at odds because of the marriage of the Powers son and Rojas daughter of which Powers did not approve. Seems love won out for the newly married couple and money / greed won out for Powers / DuFresne.
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1349 Sep 29, 2012
Sad situation for everyone. Hope the Granddaughter is not scared too bad by this. Matthews is a phoney and should be in prison. Lorena should be ashamed. Best of luck Andy,
old timer

United States

#1350 Sep 29, 2012
former follower wrote:
Sad situation for everyone. Hope the Granddaughter is not scared too bad by this. Matthews is a phoney and should be in prison. Lorena should be ashamed. Best of luck Andy,
Of course she WILL be scarred by this! All of Bill's children have been scarred by his misappropriation of authority as their father and pastor. Whether they all understand this is another question, but they all have suffered, including his daughter-in-law who is now his wife. Oedipus Rex has nothing on this guy! At least he was unaware of what he was doing! Premeditated sins are tricky to obtain forgiveness for, especially when you are trying to drag others down the hell hole with you!
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1351 Sep 30, 2012
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she WILL be scarred by this! All of Bill's children have been scarred by his misappropriation of authority as their father and pastor. Whether they all understand this is another question, but they all have suffered, including his daughter-in-law who is now his wife. Oedipus Rex has nothing on this guy! At least he was unaware of what he was doing! Premeditated sins are tricky to obtain forgiveness for, especially when you are trying to drag others down the hell hole with you!
. It is sad that so many people can be blind to such things, put their faith in such people, and are received but brainwashed to the point they can not see the truth. I was one such person for a number of years. From personal experience, I know how it can happen and how hard it is to finally admit to oneself that you have been fooled bye a charming, self serving individual or 'team' of such people. Any attempts to expose what is really happening is explained away as 'attacks of the devil' on the so called minister and ministries. Best of luck to all those involved in this sick situation and any of the other associated 'ministries' that prey on those seeking Christ.
old timer

United States

#1352 Oct 2, 2012
The problem is the inability to question authority. We see this time and time again in many forms--pastors, priests, teachers, coaches, husbands, parents, and on and on. Most of the time, there is a chain of command involved, too, so someone feels compelled to do things that are in violation of his or her personal beliefs and values. If we are taught that it is a sin to disobey our husbands and leaders, we are constantly compromising our better judgment. Sooner or later, we stop listening to conscience! Looking back over the years of my life, the things I regret the most are the times I felt compelled to implement someone else's bad idea just because God supposedly placed them in authority over me! I no longer believe that we should EVER violate our conscience, and I refuse to listen to and act on behalf of evil, self-serving people. Respect must be earned, and if someone is not honorable, they must be ignored. All of our actions affect others, so we should never follow blindly. There has to be dialog. Even children should have a voice and must be heard! If we do follow blindly, we are just as guilty as these so-called leaders!
todd

Aktau, Kazakhstan

#1353 Oct 7, 2012
A good healing book for some of you that have been wounded is teh rejoicing of herman smith. it's free on the net. written by a missionary. free!
Lol

Elk River, MN

#1354 Oct 7, 2012
old timer wrote:
The problem is the inability to question authority. We see this time and time again in many forms--pastors, priests, teachers, coaches, husbands, parents, and on and on. Most of the time, there is a chain of command involved, too, so someone feels compelled to do things that are in violation of his or her personal beliefs and values. If we are taught that it is a sin to disobey our husbands and leaders, we are constantly compromising our better judgment. Sooner or later, we stop listening to conscience! Looking back over the years of my life, the things I regret the most are the times I felt compelled to implement someone else's bad idea just because God supposedly placed them in authority over me! I no longer believe that we should EVER violate our conscience, and I refuse to listen to and act on behalf of evil, self-serving people. Respect must be earned, and if someone is not honorable, they must be ignored. All of our actions affect others, so we should never follow blindly. There has to be dialog. Even children should have a voice and must be heard! If we do follow blindly, we are just as guilty as these so-called leaders!
So true. Even a child counselor would tell you to never teach your child that they can't question authority. The fact they teach kids to blindly follow and obey without question is why so many children in those environments are sexually abused. They think they have to obey the adult without questioning. They are also trained not to share information do they don't tell anyone about the abuse. It is a very sad way to train a child. The child is then also I'll-prepared for society (or the world, as they call it).
former follower

Bettendorf, IA

#1355 Oct 13, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. Even a child counselor would tell you to never teach your child that they can't question authority. The fact they teach kids to blindly follow and obey without question is why so many children in those environments are sexually abused. They think they have to obey the adult without questioning. They are also trained not to share information do they don't tell anyone about the abuse. It is a very sad way to train a child. The child is then also I'll-prepared for society (or the world, as they call it).
Agree. When individuals, especially children, are exposed to this type indoctrination, it opens the door for many types of abuse. And with the children recieving their 'schooling' at the church schools, they are never allowed to mingle with the 'outside' world and are ill prepared to meet the challenges they will face later in life with work and personal relationships. Even if the teachers at the school are qualified to teach, what is the curriculum the children are taught? Children need to be protected from harmful influences but that includes some of the things they are or could be exposed to at the 'church'. We see first hand the immoral way the pastor, the spiritual leader, of this group views women. Any man or woman that would take the spouse of their child is not an example children should be taught to respect and to blindly follow. Just my opinion, but I would be careful with allowing children near this group and their leader.
old timer

United States

#1356 Oct 15, 2012
former follower wrote:
<quoted text> Agree. When individuals, especially children, are exposed to this type indoctrination, it opens the door for many types of abuse. And with the children recieving their 'schooling' at the church schools, they are never allowed to mingle with the 'outside' world and are ill prepared to meet the challenges they will face later in life with work and personal relationships. Even if the teachers at the school are qualified to teach, what is the curriculum the children are taught? Children need to be protected from harmful influences but that includes some of the things they are or could be exposed to at the 'church'. We see first hand the immoral way the pastor, the spiritual leader, of this group views women. Any man or woman that would take the spouse of their child is not an example children
should be taught to respect and to blindly follow. Just my opinion, but I would be careful with allowing children near this group and their leader.
SRC's website states that they use ACE curriculum, which in my experience is substandard. The program is set up for student-directed rote learning, and the "teacher" only monitors progress and checks the work. It's VERY heavily slanted to one world view (you can guess which one). I enrolled my children in an ACE school when they were young, but they were so frustrated by the lack of mental stimulation there that I took them out after a few weeks.

These school did not require qualified teachers back then, I'm not sure about now, but I do know that they are still based on the idea of isolating children from the outside world. Children who graduate from these schools are ill-equipped to go on to higher education outside of the realm of Christian and ministerial schools. They usually end up teaching in church schools themselves or working in the church in some other capacity. So, yeah, it's a perfect system for keeping children in the "fold" forever since they often must stay in order to have an occupation. This could explain, in part, why many have not left SRC in spite of all of the crap that goes on there.
calling all Saints

Toulon, IL

#1357 Oct 16, 2012
former follower wrote:
<quoted text> Agree. When individuals, especially children, are exposed to this type indoctrination, it opens the door for many types of abuse. And with the children recieving their 'schooling' at the church schools, they are never allowed to mingle with the 'outside' world and are ill prepared to meet the challenges they will face later in life with work and personal relationships. Even if the teachers at the school are qualified to teach, what is the curriculum the children are taught? Children need to be protected from harmful influences but that includes some of the things they are or could be exposed to at the 'church'. We see first hand the immoral way the pastor, the spiritual leader, of this group views women. Any man or woman that would take the spouse of their child is not an example children should be taught to respect and to blindly follow. Just my opinion, but I would be careful with allowing children near this group and their leader.
Someone stated that one of Matthew's daughters is in charge of the school and teaches, and is qualified. That does not mean she is not indoctrinating these children and that the children are getting a good education. Maybe they can become a 'DR' like Matthews did. This is a real shame and a total sham. I feel sorry for the parents but even more sorry for the children. Of course people like Saint, alias The Apostle Dr Jimmy Powers, thinks this is the proper way to keep your kids in line. Matthews found out that some actually can think for themselves and don't like to share their spouse.
Kerry West

Perham, MN

#1358 Oct 18, 2012
Victoria Medrano wrote:
My name is Victoria. Jim Hoogenboom is now a pastor in Tucson, Arizona. Up until recently I was his employee for 12 years. I quit/got fired. I knew of "some" of the history back home where he came from but not much. I read the court reports on-line and the family basically kept things quiet. "The Lord has forgiven him and we should too," is what I told my husband, "who are we to judge?" Well, it's not for me to judge any of this that I have read, I'm so sorry for all of you that you had to go through what you did, sincerely. I'm sorry that people hide in a church and abuse the precious Word of God. Shame on them. They will suffer a painful consequence one day for their foolishness. Tell me, was a book written about this tragedy?
Whatever happened to Jim. I've known him since 1979 and I sat through every agonizing moment in the courtroom. The evidence that was brought against him was contrived, inflated and physilogically impossible. We were frinds and since there are certain tradgedies in my family of late, I've been trying to get hold him.
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1359 Oct 18, 2012
Solid Rock Church billboards are now up in St Cloud for meetings in a theatre. Think this is Bill trying to dupe another unsuspecting community?
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1360 Oct 18, 2012
http://www.solidrockmn.com/home

Someone should check this out. Probably not $Bill Matthews, but the choice of the name might have been better. Wonder if they are affiliated or know Bill's Solid Rock Church and its misery providing history.
Barbara

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1361 Oct 18, 2012
Bill's kids are suffering from his discretion. My Cousin suffered from his discretion. My cousin's son's wife (I'm sure) is suffering from his discretion. Stop the madness. Don't support this man and his lies.
Time To Tell It All

Maple Grove, MN

#1362 Oct 18, 2012
Found out that Solid Rock Family Church (SRFC) in St Cloud is NOT affiliated with Matthews' SRC in Elk River. The church is 1 1/2 years old according to its pastor and is not affiliated.
calling all Saints

Oregon, WI

#1363 Oct 19, 2012
Barbara wrote:
Bill's kids are suffering from his discretion. My Cousin suffered from his discretion. My cousin's son's wife (I'm sure) is suffering from his discretion. Stop the madness. Don't support this man and his lies.
Bill and his 'spiritual father' and all the others that condone and accept his behavior as ok and actually encourage this type behavior by encouraging and supporting this sick con man should be exposed for the sham they are. No true God loving Christian would do what this man has done. No proof but very very possible Bill and Lorena were 'togather' while Mary lay on her death bed and Andy was away. And then to steal from his elderly mother in law. The man that his 'spiritual father' DuFresne sponsored for the title 'DR' because of his Christian living and example. These men have a lot in common. Throw in Powers, Edwards, Webb, Jacobs, and the rest of the 'Fresh Oil' crowd and you have a real fine group of self serving egomanic con men and women.
Info

United States

#1364 Oct 26, 2012
Karina wrote:
Does anyone know why the Rojas were dismissed from Dufresne Fresh Oil? I heard it had something to do with the daughter in law marrying the Powers son n the Rojas daughter how could this be shes not ordained I tell you these people will do whatever they want.
I don't know about being dismissed, but I do know I the daughter in-law married them she is ordaine I was at the service when they were all ordained in Merced.
Info

United States

#1365 Oct 26, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about being dismissed, but I do know I the daughter in-law married them she is ordaine I was at the service when they were all ordained in Merced.
Ya, I was there too alot of members went. So if they wanted to get married and asked to be married what does it matter. I'm happy for them think about how much criticism they must have gotten. I say leave them alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of undocumented immigrants removed fro... 19 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
News FBI raids home of ex-College Board official in ... 1 hr Zuiko 3
News a Promises to - Swiftly' Remove Criminal Illega... 3 hr Broken Arrow 2
News Boulder's notorious JonBenet Ramsey case sees T... 4 hr pinker 12
News Show Me the Money! California's Underfunded Courts 6 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Texas hit man gets second stay of execution 7 hr Ben Ghazi IV 1
News I talked to a former special prosecutor about D... 18 hr Lawrence Wolf 17
More from around the web