Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1602 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

Stubby

West Fargo, ND

#565 Apr 2, 2011
Besides picketing another tactic that could be used to help end bill's "ministry", would be to put up fliers stating facts about matthews and src. Put them up on the bulletin boards in the area.(the ones in stores where people advertise their free kittens) Deny them new members. I don't see how the 40 or so people left can keep the bills paid.
cant make this stuff up

Kansas City, MO

#566 Apr 2, 2011
There aren't "40 or so people left" at src. more like a couple dozen and bill matthew's character content is doing its' very best to deny src new members all on its' own. We just have to continue to pray for those left that they one day come to understand the truth that will set them free. When you are involved in a cult you cannot see outside of it.
unbelievable

Zimmerman, MN

#567 Apr 2, 2011
Ed, read my second post very carefully again. I am NOT RELATED to the Matthews family. Really, you expect me to come public so you and others can drag me through the trash like you have trashed those who don't believe the way you do? I've said my piece, the Lord my God is my witness everything I've said on here is the truth. Some well meaning people on here just needed to hear the other side. The rest of you don't care about the truth. You won't see me here again.
unbelievable

Zimmerman, MN

#568 Apr 2, 2011
Actually one last thing. I haven't talked to Pastor Matthews for some time. The Matthews family did not put me up to this and have no idea I've even posted anything on here. I do not speak for them.
Andrew

Belleville, IL

#569 Apr 2, 2011
Unbelievable, lol you keep believing what they tell you. I would bet you have never once tried to talk to me after I left SRC, and if you think he didn't sin or she didn't you should read your own bible. Here will be the kicker, I am guessing they lie and twist what happened in the case that I filed to get my rightful parenting time and say they really had favor or something, I'm done with all this bashing and hearsay that you so called Christians from src are doing. I have all I care about and that is time with my daughter and I am going oversees to defend my great nation. The truth will prevail.
Yeah

Willmar, MN

#570 Apr 2, 2011
Unbelievable-I don't know if you will still read this. I found your post intersting because you have your concepts correct such as God doesn't change his mind but Bill has twisted all of those Biblical principles in his favor. Do you remember that Ed Dufresne prophecied that God wanted Andy to marry Lorena? Then supposedly God told Bill Matthews that he was supposed to marry Lorena? Did God change his mind? No, Bill made up that God told him to marry Lorena to trick poor vulnerable followers like you. God would never tell you to do something that #1 is against the Bible and #2 would destroy your family and church. Do you remember when Ed Dufresne prophecied to Ryan that he had to marry Chrissy even when Ryan didn't want to? Oh wait, God changed his mind again and wanted her to marry Rene. You think everyone on this forum is "in the flesh". The sad thing about SRC is everything the leaders do is for their flesh but they hide behind saying that God told them to do it. Sadly all of you who are there fall for it without looking for the truth
Emily

Willmar, MN

#571 Apr 2, 2011
Unbelievable- I am so sorry for you and what you are going through. I know that you really believe that your church is being attacked and you must feel a tremendous amount of stress and lack of peace in your life. You want to be left alone to worship God and "save souls" but that isn't happening at SRC anymore. All the sermons are just an agenda and no souls are being saved. You say if Andy would not have turned from God none of this would have happened and to put the blame where it belongs. Every person is responsible for their own actions. No matter what Andy did or did not do, my dad and Lorena still made the selfish choices they made. No choice anyone made would have prevented my mom from dying of cancer. Andy never turned away from his wife, daughter, siblings, mom, or dad. He was on orders for the military when my mom was sick but he wrote to her and spoke with her almost daily. My mom was working to reconcile Andy and Lorena's marriage. My mom stated to me that Lorena had already "hardened her heart" towards Andy even though Andy attempted to work things out. Kelly, Billy and I were the first to notice the relationship between my dad and Lorena was more than father in law and daughter and law. We noticed it the day my mom passed away. Not Mindy or anyone else has ever said there is proof of an affair. We have many factual events that happened that do cause suspicion. For us kids to have noticed the relationship the day my mom died tells you that it did not just start that day.(not to mention that my dad told me on April 14th one day after my mom passed away that God had already spoken with him that he would marry someone much younger than himself and told me the whole story about Ed Dufresne and Nancy in an attempt to prepare me for the announcement) I already suspected he meant Lorena and I told him that it couldn't be anyone I know. He answered that I know a lot of people and it sure could be someone that I already know.
Emily

Willmar, MN

#572 Apr 2, 2011
I have many other facts I could tell you that substantiate my belief that my dad had decided to marry Lorena long before my mom passed away. If they were actually committing sexual sin I don't know and I don't care, it was still inappropriate for any man let alone a Pastor-how long had he been lusting after her? After less than 2 months of us confronting my dad, Billy babysitting my dad everyday to try and keep him from being alone with Lorena we finally called Ed Dufresne for help. My sister Chelsea told Ed Dufresne that my dad marrying Lorena felt like he was marrying me or Mindy or Rachel and that it was incest. Don't think that all my brothers and sisters really think what me, Mindy, and Andy are saying is hooey. They knew exactly what happened and Billy was even planning on taking over the church once everyone found out what my dad was doing. I don't know why they made the choice to cover for my dad and twist the story. Maybe they had too much to lose by leaving. Chelsea would lose her job and Ken would lose his family. Kyle and Rachel would lose their jobs and their home. Billy would lose his job and Kelly would lose her family. Now they are in survival mode just saying what they have to say to keep the few people that are left at church and keep the offerings coming in. If they have to make Andy look bad in order to justify what they have done then they will. Think about it? What motive do Mindy, Andy, and I have to lie? None. What motive do they have to lie? All of their life and incomes are tied into that church. The church is viewed as a family business that they will leave to their children. Without it they would have nothing. This is a very sad story for everyone involved. My intention has never been to destroy my dad or his church. He has done a great job of that on his own. I no longer live under the fear based sermons that I grew up under. It is not ungodly or gossip to tell the truth and I have never lied to anyone about this. God has blessed me and my family in every way since we left. Don't be afraid to seek the truth. You said you should hear both sides but you aren't allowing yourself to hear both sides. I have lived in both sides and I can tell you that you are blinded and deceived. Of course you don't think your church is a cult or you wouldn't go there.
Emily

Willmar, MN

#573 Apr 2, 2011
(THIS IS PART 1, SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. ABOVE IS PART 2) Unbelievable- I am so sorry for you and what you are going through. I know that you really believe that your church is being attacked and you must feel a tremendous amount of stress and lack of peace in your life. You want to be left alone to worship God and "save souls" but that isn't happening at SRC anymore. All the sermons are just an agenda and no souls are being saved. You say if Andy would not have turned from God none of this would have happened and to put the blame where it belongs. Every person is responsible for their own actions. No matter what Andy did or did not do, my dad and Lorena still made the selfish choices they made. No choice anyone made would have prevented my mom from dying of cancer. Andy never turned away from his wife, daughter, siblings, mom, or dad. He was on orders for the military when my mom was sick but he wrote to her and spoke with her almost daily. My mom was working to reconcile Andy and Lorena's marriage. My mom stated to me that Lorena had already "hardened her heart" towards Andy even though Andy attempted to work things out. Kelly, Billy and I were the first to notice the relationship between my dad and Lorena was more than father in law and daughter and law. We noticed it the day my mom passed away. Not Mindy or anyone else has ever said there is proof of an affair. We have many factual events that happened that do cause suspicion. For us kids to have noticed the relationship the day my mom died tells you that it did not just start that day.(not to mention that my dad told me on April 14th one day after my mom passed away that God had already spoken with him that he would marry someone much younger than himself and told me the whole story about Ed Dufresne and Nancy in an attempt to prepare me for the announcement) I already suspected he meant Lorena and I told him that it couldn't be anyone I know. He answered that I know a lot of people and it sure could be someone that I already know.
Ha Ha Ha

Garden City, MI

#574 Apr 2, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
Ed Palmer:
To say that Solid Rock Church (SRC) is a cult is a reach at best. I guess if Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Creflo Dollar, Lester Sumrall, John Hagee, etc., are cult leaders, then I guess they are but only in your eyes. You though are the example of a cult leader.
Why do you hate the people of SRC and Pastor Matthews so much? Is it just because they left the Assemblies? Let me remind you, the congregation voted OVERWHELMINGLY to leave the denomination. The decision was made by capable, praying people. Pastor matthews didn't steal SRC like you claim. It wasn't yours to begin with. It belonged to the people. The courts affirmed this. You have stolen hard earned money from the people of SRC with your frivilous lawsuits. A district judge even commanded you to stop harrassing SRC. What a selfish man you are! All the people want is a place to worship God the way they want.To be left alone. This is supposed to be a free country. Who made you God? I remember you getting up in church and giving a testimony of how God gave you an idea for an invention so the profits could be used to pay off the church. Then you got offended and changed your mind. Did God? It's always amazing when people take a deep offence how their thinking changes. How all of a sudden "God" suddenly tells them something completely different.
Do you really think that on judgement day that when you see Jesus he will say to you "well done thy good and faithful servant" because you tried to destroy SRC? A place where God is truly worshipped and people get born again? Do you really believe that when your works are burned before God that they will be like refined gold? Are you that deceived?
If you don't hate the people but hate only the Pastor, all the people of SRC want is to be left to worship the way they want, to be left alone. Again, the people are more than capable of making their own decisions. You act like they are all blinded and deceived. THAT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE!

Unbelievable,You are so funny! What garbage you write you are uninformed and have no facts! I am laughing....
Rhea Beaudry

Elk River, MN

#575 Apr 2, 2011
I am definitely NOT laughing. I stand weeping, with Emily, Mindy, Andy and Mary. This is tragically sad. I feel grief--deep grief for all those whose lives have been changed because of these situations. Please don't laugh. Weep. And Pray...
Forever ex-src

Garden City, MI

#576 Apr 2, 2011
'Unbelievable' you have to understand that Rachel's family, Billy's family and Chelsea's family are all fully financially dependent upon SRC/bill matthews. In Rachel's case even their home is rented from her dad. For them to leave src has huge ramifications. They know the truth, they have all decided to look the other way.
Also, if it upsets you so much why do you read the forum?
Rev Edward G Palmer

Willmar, MN

#577 Apr 2, 2011
FYI - So Unbelievable and others still stuck in the cult can study and get informed.

The Theft of the Elk River Assembly of God [how it was done] is summarized at this link
http://www.james417.org/court/proof.html

The timeline Bill Matthews deployed to STEAL THE CHURCH is shown at this link
http://www.james417.org/court/timeline.html

The 100% Cult Rating of Bill Matthews is shown at this link
http://www.james417.org/gw19.html

The bottom line is that Bill Matthews came to the Elk River Assembly of God with the full intent on stealing the church through the con process called conversion by falsely modifying church articles of incorporation to make himself the sole owner and voting member of the church. Today, it is Bill Matthews who owns all of the church and it's property.

The cult members are given the impression they have voting rights, but the actual articles and bylaws of the church reveal they have no legal say in the operation and/or ownership of the church. IF you think this isn't true, just ask Bill to see the ministry's Articles and Bylaws. BTW - Be prepared to get thrown out of the church if you do ask.

The July 1993 business meeting was the con's [Bill's] proverbial sucker punch as he tested the waters to see if he could get illegal state filings past the board and congregation. It worked, as no one believed on the heals of Pastor James Hoogenboom's sex scandal that the next pastor claiming to be righteous [Bill] would THEN steal the church. He refused to show the entire state filing to the board of directors who trusted him. Bill only offered the signature page. See affidavits.

Bill's fatal mistake was that God had planted me in the congregation as an observer and worshipper sent to help reestablish the church HE wanted in Elk River. I have a corporate law background and was able to identify what Bill had done to steal the church.

Full details are online at James417.org and it includes complete details in the chapter in the Book of Edward that I wrote about Solid Rock Church about how Bill pulled off his con. It would have been easier for me to just turn my back like many others did. Of the estimated 100 eyewitnesses to the business meetings, only 13 righteous people were found who would stand for God's truth. I was also fined $18k for my attempt to hold Bill accountable.

I paid the entire fine later. At the time of settlement, Bill offerred me about $8k to take down the James417 site. This information is also on the James417.org site in the form of his lawyer's documents. You might gather that money does NOT motivate me and you would be correct. TRUTH motivates me. AND, it is NOT a sin to tell the truth. The SIN is to hide the truth you know and allow others to be manipulated and taken advantage of. WOE to everyone who turns there back on God and allows people to sin and be taken advantage of.

To those still STUCK in Bill's cult, get educated. Listen to what people who are willing to identify themselves have to say. Those with first hand knowledge of the cult that are not just repeating hearsay information.

Blessings,
Edward
Wes

Willmar, MN

#578 Apr 2, 2011
Congrats Andy.Emily very well put and you too Mindy.Your mom would be proud of you all 3 ,and your dad should be . I am very proud of all 3 of you.In all that has been said on here you 3 are the most level headed and probably hurt the most.You have stayed on the side of righteousness .do not sway from that path and with the hope that we have some how God will bring repentance and forgiveness. For this should be what we are all praying for.
Unbelievable none of use hate you or any one at the church.And I have read every post and seen no lies,we love you and pray for you.
Mindy

Mankato, MN

#579 Apr 2, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
I've only read some of the comments from today. Just enough to know what happened at trial. I don't need to read the rest of the trash.
What you people seem to not comprehend is that if Andrew had not backslid away from God none of this would have happened. If he had not turned his back on his wife, daughter, mom, dad, and siblings, and turned back to drugs, alchohol, and the rest that goes with it, none of this would have gone on. Let's put the blame where it really belongs, just go back to the root. To blame Pastor Bill for this is unfair to say the least. No sin was committed. The marriage between Andrew and Lorena was LONG over, even before Pastor Mary died. It isn't at all uncommon for divorce formalities to be put off for even years. Lorena had had enough of all of Andy's garbage. Mindy said she had "proof" there was an affair. If she does, then why wasn't it good enough for the other three siblings? They all said it's a bunch of hooey. A story was fabricated by one of you, because YOU wanted it to have taken place. It never happened. How ridiculous to even think it did. You all try to make Andrew an innocent victim here. Well, he's not.
I actually have never said I think my dad and Lorena had an affair, let alone proof of one. Whether they did or not, I don't think is the issue anymore. There are many, many things I have proof of that I would love to discuss with you. Things that my dad has been telling his version of the truth about, such as, my Grandma's bank records, that are the evidence in the case against him, and the police records that Lorena tried to use against Andy.
One more thing I have proof of is my dad's bouncing checks. The most recent one being from Christmas. The version of the "truth" he has been telling, is that I wouldn't cash it. The "other side" of the story, or what I like to call the "real truth" is that there has never been money in his account to clear it. I have tried several times to bring it to the bank, and I even once called the church, talking to Ryan, and asked when there might be money in the account to cover this check. Ryan said he would talk to my dad and call me back. Of course, he never did call back.
Again, "unbelievable", if you really want to hear the truth, backed up with proof, not opinion, let me know. If you are afraid to meet me in public, I will meet you at your house, or mine. Our meeting will be kept confidential, and you can make a decision for yourself what to believe.
I would also like to say, every single member of my family, except Rachel, had a problem with the relationship between my dad and Lorena from the start. I can't tell you why they changed their minds. I have some ideas, but I don't have any proof of their reasons. All I know is, leaving was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I had to make a decision to do what was right for me and my children. It is really hard to hear your dad and siblings trash you from the pulpit. It is devastating to hear your siblings, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins, not to mention many friends, tell you they will no longer associate with you because of what your dad told them about you. The hardest part is knowing you were a part of something for so long that hurt so many people, and destroyed so many families and marriages. Yet, if I had to go back and make the decision to leave again, knowing what I know now, I would do it again. And again, and again. The only thing I might do differently, is leave sooner.
Barbara

Sierra Vista, AZ

#580 Apr 2, 2011
Minday, Emily and Andrew: I think you're all very awesome!
Barb

Willmar, MN

#581 Apr 3, 2011
Unbelievable, to say that the church members voted overwhelmingly to leave the assemblies does not tell the whole truth. We would not have voted that way had we known the entire truth. Mr Matthews told us we would be associated with the AFCM the association of faith church and ministers so that there would be a system of checks and balances a covering of some sort. However, after we voted to leave the assemblies he withdrew from the AFCM and conveniently forgot to inform the congregation of that fact. I found out from a first time visitor while I was ushering months later, they asked who we were affiliated with, when I told them the AFCM they informed me that that never happened. Wes then had to go to Mr. Matthews and ask if we were associated. Do you not see what he did? There is none so blind as he who will not see. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Funny how all the people who overwhelmingly voted to leave the assemblies are no longer at Solid Rock. He took a church that was built up by a strong group of people who loved God, removed ownership from them and systematically drove them all away.

Andy, congratulations and once again we here are all proud of you, Emily and Mindy for keeping your integrity while dealing with such a difficult situation. Anyone who has left SRC that had family involved with the cult at all knows how difficult it is. Wes and I had a very difficult time after I chose to leave. It ripped our family apart.

I thank God that He is a God of restoration and almost all of my family has been restored. I pray that your father and siblings will repent and ask your forgiveness for their own sake and yours. Once again to paraphrase Mr. Matthews you will know a ministry by it's fruit. Cults tear apart families, faith based, bible believing churches restore them. Consider the fruit!!!
Barb

Willmar, MN

#582 Apr 3, 2011
One last word for Unbelievable. You did get one part right, the church belonged to the people, past tense. It now belongs to Mr. Matthews, how is that not theft? Do you honestly believe that if Mr. Matthews stood before the congregation and said by your voting to leave the assemblies that you will be giving up all of your voting rights and that Mr. Matthews would be the sole owner of the church and all it's property that WE would have voted for that. We were told that we would lose our voting rights, but we would have board members in place that would represent us. He did not tell us that the board would be stacked with all his yes men and family members. Many of the original board members have left because they could not stomach to see what was going on. You talk about seeing both sides, but anyone at SRC is not allowed to hear any side but the cult leaders, and would be reprimanded if they made it known they were looking at this blog. It is SRC and it's leaders that are hiding the truth.
Cant make this stuff up

Garden City, MI

#583 Apr 3, 2011
Check out this youtube link or do a search at youtube.com for 'funniest movie line ever'

Attended SCR Years Ago

Eau Claire, WI

#584 Apr 3, 2011
I attended SCR years ago in the summer and during breaks while attending college out of state. My heart goes out to you Mindy, Emily and Andy. My deepest sympathies also. Your mother was an amazing woman that oooozed love and compassion. I will never forget her beautiful eyes. I did not know of her passing until last week, I live in Wisconsin and have not kept track of SRC. One thing I will say is, I was turned off by the emphasis on material goods and money. Your father was very controlling and over the top about everything!
I am proud of you all for getting out. Stay encouraged and know that you are being prayed for...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield Mayor Daniel Bianchi, challenger Lin... (Jul '15) 47 min cops are degener... 25
News Bail set in Hartle rape case, jury selection to... 4 hr Uhuh 54
News Legal Memorandum Jun 26 DARPA 1
News U.S. Attorney issues statement on assault of Tw... Jun 25 blindjustus 1
News Children's Mercy Hospital Honored for Combating... Jun 25 Nmc 2
News Alarming Tale of L.A. Sheriff's Officers (May '15) Jun 25 hood-cats 3
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Jun 25 Paddling has its ... 4
More from around the web