Elk River pastor charged

Elk River pastor charged

There are 1602 comments on the Star News - Home story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Elk River pastor charged. In it, Star News - Home reports that:

The Rev. William Neal Matthews, the pastor of Solid Rock Church and World Outreach Center, allegedly transferred money out of his mother-in-law's account while acting as the 94-year-old woman's power of attorney, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star News - Home.

unreal

Minneapolis, MN

#465 Mar 20, 2011
solid rock is back on livestream
Dean

Zimmerman, MN

#466 Mar 20, 2011
"Unreal" Thanks for the information on Live Streaming. Hope you got to watch it all. We only saw the last half hour. Hope everyone can access SRC web site an watch the free live streaming of church services. Heres hoping they broadcast 10AM and 7PM service each day through Thursday. Tomorrows speakers will be joint preaching by Rachel & Chelsea at 10Am service. But tonight the man called Ed from CA will be the main speaker at 7Pm service.

Bill said at 10Am service this morning that members go home, have a nice lunch, get some rest this afternoon to regain their energy, to come back to SRC early before 7PM for a Holy Ghost blow out with Dr.Ed, and to Expect big things tonight? If the live streaming is working those that are curious an want to see all the doings, heres your chance to see the latest at SRC.

Chad, hope you can access SRC web site and watch it all too!

What did you think of this morning services "Unreal?" Thanks again "Unreal"!
Get a life

Mankato, MN

#467 Mar 20, 2011
Dean wrote:
"Unreal" Thanks for the information on Live Streaming. Hope you got to watch it all. We only saw the last half hour. Hope everyone can access SRC web site an watch the free live streaming of church services. Heres hoping they broadcast 10AM and 7PM service each day through Thursday. Tomorrows speakers will be joint preaching by Rachel & Chelsea at 10Am service. But tonight the man called Ed from CA will be the main speaker at 7Pm service.
Bill said at 10Am service this morning that members go home, have a nice lunch, get some rest this afternoon to regain their energy, to come back to SRC early before 7PM for a Holy Ghost blow out with Dr.Ed, and to Expect big things tonight? If the live streaming is working those that are curious an want to see all the doings, heres your chance to see the latest at SRC.
Chad, hope you can access SRC web site and watch it all too!
What did you think of this morning services "Unreal?" Thanks again "Unreal"!
I'm so glad you are all watching livestream!! Make sure you count all the cars in the parking lot quickly tonight so you can be sure to get home in time to watch! PTL!
Andrew

Swanton, OH

#468 Mar 20, 2011
I'm sure ed will have a great prophesy about all the "attacks" from the devil and how bill will go through it and everything will be perfect, I still don't know why making wrong and illegal choices are an attack. If I get a speeding ticket it is because I was speeding not an attack. If I can't pay my bills it is more likely I am not budgeting correctly, not an attack. Just my thoughts.
Funny

Willmar, MN

#469 Mar 20, 2011
"get a life" that's funny because you are obviously reading this forum to find out what people are saying about your church. Does that mean you need to get a life too?

I was surprised to hear that livestream is back on. After Bill's situation being so public people are bound to be curious what is going on at that church and cults don't usually like to let people see what goes on there if you are not a member. Now everyone can log on and watch starting with the off key music and bad instrumentals to the brainwashing and made up doctrine of the message and then continue to see no souls saved at the end of the service. It will confirm what everyone is already saying about that church. If I were them I would be embarrassed to broadcast live.
Truth Prevails

Garden City, MI

#470 Mar 20, 2011
If you have nothing to hide why did you shut it down, if everythings working so well, why not share your truth with everyone? If those of us that have left are so blind, why not enlighten us with your revelation and allow us to hear what you all are preaching about? People who have nothing to hide are open...why all the secretcy?
Chad

United States

#471 Mar 20, 2011
@Dean..Thanks but I had better things to do then watch SRC...LOL...I went to the Motocross races with my guys today..Ya it was a beautiful 70+ degree weather and well over 200 cars and trucks in the parking lot..LOL...Now I have over 700 pics to sort through and post..Oh and Im sunburned..LOL..Sorry my Minnesota friends..just had to say it..LOL

On a more serious note I got to chat today with a young Motocross Racer that just got out of jail..Thats where ministry is at..I love what God has called me to do..

Since: Nov 08

Wherever kindness fails

#472 Mar 21, 2011
OK, I'm watching live, Mon. night. This is what passes for "revival"? This old preacher's staggering around like he's about to die.
Nate

Garden City, MI

#473 Mar 22, 2011
Watching? Nothing changes! Airplanes and offerings.
Funny

United States

#474 Mar 22, 2011
So Bill gives an example of a man that didn't "obey God" and pay off Ed Dufresne's airplane and he went through horrible, awful things in his life because of his disobedience. I would say that Bill is going through some pretty horrible things in his life right now. Does this mean he would admit to disobeying God? Would he ever admit any of his actions of marrying his daughter in law, stealing money, destroying his family, causing Christians to stumble are disobeying the Word of God?
Nate

Garden City, MI

#475 Mar 22, 2011
I read it as he is pushing for someone to step in and pay his fine, er I mean pay for the "attack " on their pastor so they won't go through a horrible situation. Been there, done that, got the foreclosure papers to prove it. Been guilted into paying off his attacks myself. Dude's diluted!
Nate

Garden City, MI

#476 Mar 22, 2011
Omg! I finally truly see it! I thought I knew what this was, I mean I knew it was off, but I really get it now. They have created their own parables to preach and teach their very own Gospel! In essence, becoming Jesus to their followers! Yay me!
Just thought I would share. Good night
Obvious

United States

#477 Mar 22, 2011
There is one simple explanation to why they are able to keep some people believing that everything happening is an attack on their church or their man of God. These techniques they use are nothing new. There is a good article about cult leaders here: http://www.anandaawareness.com/cult_leaders.h...

Part of it says: Cult leaders have an
outstanding ability to charm and win over followers. They beguile and seduce. They enter a room and garner all the attention. They command the utmost respect and obedience. These are "individuals whose narcissism is so extreme and grandiose that they exist in a kind of splendid isolation in which the creation of the grandiose self takes precedence over legal, moral or interpersonal commitments."(l8) Paranoia may be evident in simple or elaborate delusions of persecution. Highly suspicious, they may feel conspired against, spied upon or cheated, or maligned by a person, group, or governmental agency. Any real or suspected unfavorable reaction may be interpreted as a deliberate attack upon them or the group. It often seems as if these leaders come from a common mold, sometimes jokingly called the "Cookie-cutter Messiah School."

These similarities between cult leaders of all stripes are in fact character disorders commonly identified with the psychopathic personality

Since: Nov 08

Wherever kindness fails

#478 Mar 22, 2011
So, what is it - like every 20 years your pastor gets busted for some ungodly behavior?

Whatever happened to Dexter Mapson? What was his trouble?
cant make this stuff up

Kansas City, MO

#479 Mar 23, 2011
Every 'attack' upon them is seen as an opportunity to get their followers to cough up more money. Don't wanna be labeled 'disobedient'
LOL

Pequot Lakes, MN

#480 Mar 23, 2011
How about those blackbirds?! Maybe Bill left the back door open. hmmmm.
Oh, that's right - Dufresne apparently told Bill those evil birds were there from before he came. It just took Dufresne all those years to see 'em and clear 'em out. So much for SRC being a safe house.
Rita

Pequot Lakes, MN

#481 Mar 23, 2011
Obvious wrote:
There is one simple explanation to why they are able to keep some people believing that everything happening is an attack on their church or their man of God. These techniques they use are nothing new. There is a good article about cult leaders here: http://www.anandaawareness.com/cult_leaders.h...
Part of it says: Cult leaders have an
outstanding ability to charm and win over followers. They beguile and seduce. They enter a room and garner all the attention. They command the utmost respect and obedience. These are "individuals whose narcissism is so extreme and grandiose that they exist in a kind of splendid isolation in which the creation of the grandiose self takes precedence over legal, moral or interpersonal commitments."(l8) Paranoia may be evident in simple or elaborate delusions of persecution. Highly suspicious, they may feel conspired against, spied upon or cheated, or maligned by a person, group, or governmental agency. Any real or suspected unfavorable reaction may be interpreted as a deliberate attack upon them or the group. It often seems as if these leaders come from a common mold, sometimes jokingly called the "Cookie-cutter Messiah School."
These similarities between cult leaders of all stripes are in fact character disorders commonly identified with the psychopathic personality
The link you sent is pretty interesting. I always understood about cult leaders having charisma, but didn't understand the psychopathic part. This quote from the same link sums that up pretty well....

Dr. Robert Hare, one of the world's foremost experts in the field, estimates that there are at least two million psychopaths in North America. He writes, "Psychopaths are social predators who charm, manipulate, and ruthlessly plow their way through life, leaving a broad trail of broken hearts, shattered expectations, and empty wallets. Completely lacking in conscience and in feelings for others, they selfishly take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret."(9)
C D Prince

Nampa, ID

#482 Mar 24, 2011
A couple of thoughts...Dexter Mapson was a good man...he had a heart of gold...he was always trying to help someone...he may not have done the best with managing his finances, but that does not make a man evil or a cult leader...he did alot to help build a church that was a witness at one time. Those crows, maybe there are still some up there in the rafters by the sound system speakers! And maybe they've been nesting and reproducing...sometimes a fertile atmosphere can give them lots of reproductive opportunities and rights!
C D Prince

Nampa, ID

#483 Mar 24, 2011
Hey friends....Dexter Mapson was a good man...he had a heart of gold...he was always willing to help others...he had a heart to help build a local church that would win the lost...he may have been sloppy in his management of finances, but he was not a thief. He helped build a good local church, at the time. Concerning the crows...they have probably been nesting up there for about 18-19 years! They start out a few, but then in a good, warm atmosphere, they multiply! When they get fed regularly with "crow bate", they continue to grow, multiply and nest. It takes more than one man noticing them and calling them out! It takes the present leader of the house to bind them and dispell them...that starts with honesty, humility, repentance, etc...none of which seems to be present at the front of the church!
Curious

Garden City, MI

#484 Mar 24, 2011
Who is Dexter Mapson? Was he a preacher there years ago? I have never heard of the man. I went to the rock for 13 years, and have yet to hear of a preacher that was able to carry the anointing and calling of God with their character in tact!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evil exists in our world; it must be confronted (Jun '14) 39 min Slenderman 6
News CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O... 6 hr Sheriff Wydell 925
News El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Clay County man sentenced to 90 years for drugs (Feb '14) 9 hr deputydawg 7
News Matthew Muller pleads guilty in bizarre Vallejo... 14 hr Knock off purse s... 4
News East Baltimore man charged in shooting over dir... 16 hr juice 1
News UAlbany student facing trial in Halloween sexua... 18 hr Brace Fam 2
More from around the web