Official: Shooting suspect's status undecided

There are 13 comments on the NewsandSentinel.com story from Sep 7, 2012, titled Official: Shooting suspect's status undecided. In it, NewsandSentinel.com reports that:

The Doddridge County Sheriff's Department said officials have not decided whether a juvenile accused of killing three family members will be tried as an adult.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsandSentinel.com.

Ru for real

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2012
R u kidding me!!
sandie49

Fairmont, WV

#2 Sep 9, 2012
He is 16 years old and to shoot and kill 3 people is saying he knew what he was doing and should be held accountable for his actions.
Dont be hurtful PLEASE

Weston, WV

#3 Sep 10, 2012
Before you post --- Please take into consideraation the surviving children and family members.
Maybe we adults whould be concentrating on preventing this from ever happening again in our community isntead of backseat driving the the outcome after the fact!
STOP the cycle

Farmington, WV

#4 Sep 10, 2012
It truely amazed me that we are judging this boy's punishment instead of finding out WHY this happened and preventing it from ever happening again!

Parents are shocked, our kids are scared and in pain and there is nothing good (if that is what we can call it) that will come of this unless WE make it happen---

You better understand right now that this will never go before a judge and jury --- He confessed --- They have brought in the children's crime unit -- So now his attorney is trying to hammer out a plea ---

But WE as citizens need to look at the cause --- AND FIX WHATEVER IS BROKE because if we don't we will see a repeat of last weekend --

Was it DRUGS??? IF it was we have a PRO Officer in the School and how many deputies in the county???? These drugs (like the alcohol/fake ID's for the underage drinkers) are coming from somewhere so WHY aren't these police arresting the dealers?????

Was it caused by abuse???? Every school employee and gov worker is bound by law to report suspected cases of child abuse/neglect -- How many of those have been turned in through the years?

Was it due to a twisted religous belief ---- We have the right to worship whatever but we need to be teaching our kids that LIFE IS SCARED ---- the difference from right and wrong can't be excused away and we need to be REAL in our belief ---(If it's wrong -- wrong is wrong and doesn't become right by making excuses for your actions or who you are!)

Tonight, when your kids come home turn off the TV -- games ---- their cell phones --- set down for an hour (maybe to a meal) and talk about what is going on in their and their friend's lives -- You ARE their PARENTS and you DO have the right to tell them NO and that they WILL be there every evening at the same time for that time together.

I thought life was hard when I was a kid but until you really talk to our kids today you have no clue to how they are bombarded every day with choices that we didn't even know about in our time!(NOT AN EXCUSE -- just sayin that it would be good to know what they are facing and lead them through it in a positive way!)
Salem_Residents

Weston, WV

#5 Sep 10, 2012
If he is charged as a juvenile his record is erased at 21 Correct?
GitterDone

Weston, WV

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Drugs are big business,Pushers ,Runners,Cops,Lawyers,Judges,D octors,Clinics Councilors,Jail and the Prison System live off Drugs the system will only pay
Lip service to get rid of their bread and butter Citizens must take it on themselves
To rid their communities of both drugs and the Politicians who won't act.
Lost for words

Findlay, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2012
Dont be hurtful PLEASE wrote:
Before you post --- Please take into consideraation the surviving children and family members.
Maybe we adults whould be concentrating on preventing this from ever happening again in our community isntead of backseat driving the the outcome after the fact!
I'm so sorry for the other family members however this person should be punished to the full extent. It is inexcusable what he has done and he is old enough to know better. If our law just slaps him on the wrist he will do this again.
Former Resident

Jefferson, MD

#8 Sep 10, 2012
If you look at his FB page it shows that people who inspire him are: "Infantry Riflemen" and "Marine Snipers". This tells me that he was thinking about shooting people before the event happened. Sadly, noone will ever really know unless he says what his motivation was.
dont just vote your party

Baltimore, MD

#9 Sep 10, 2012
sure has me wondering too. heck in the past we've had people trying to run for things with firearms convictions, bankruptcies, battery charges on record, dwi's, and now even a republican judicial candidate running who is under investigation for misappropriation of funds? omg, can't we find some better candidates now and then? this has been a pattern in Doddridge for a long time. No wonder we don't have a good reputation for being some of the brightest light bulbs in the state when it comes to looking at who we elect. check out all the candidates before you vote and know how they operate!
Jeremy

Bronx, NY

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Did they ever find out the motive
DC Resident

Richmond, VA

#11 Sep 21, 2012
dont just vote your party wrote:
sure has me wondering too. heck in the past we've had people trying to run for things with firearms convictions, bankruptcies, battery charges on record, dwi's, and now even a republican judicial candidate running who is under investigation for misappropriation of funds? omg, can't we find some better candidates now and then? this has been a pattern in Doddridge for a long time. No wonder we don't have a good reputation for being some of the brightest light bulbs in the state when it comes to looking at who we elect. check out all the candidates before you vote and know how they operate!
Why is this post on this thread? Shouldn't it be on the "Don't just vote your party" thread? What does this have to do with the shooting?
guitar man

Barnesville, OH

#12 Sep 21, 2012
guess it is a mistake that it posted on this thread instead of another? I see stuff drift off topic all the time on threads. who knows?
Doddridge News

Pennsboro, WV

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Multiple media sources have reported that according to court documents, 16-year-old Joseph Spencer has now been charged as an adult with fatally shooting both of his parents and youngest sister.

http://www.doddridgenews.com/2012/10/16-year-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Criminal Defense Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge delays sentencing in Logan kickback scheme 24 min jeesss 16
News Vacaville to pay $1.3 million over fatal police... 35 min Freedia 20
News Top NY lawmaker's arrest sends session, Senate ... 36 min see the light 2
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 1 hr Reverend Alan 168
News Jetmore man charged with murder, child abuse 7 hr angelbaby 2
News Second round for Arizona sheriff's case against... 21 hr tomin cali 1
News Political fallout from Baltimore riots 21 hr fyi 1
More from around the web