Georgetown man and woman accused of a...

Georgetown man and woman accused of abusing 14-month-old

There are 57 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from May 19, 2013, titled Georgetown man and woman accused of abusing 14-month-old. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A Georgetown man and woman have been arrested and charged with first-degree criminal abuse of a 14-month-old girl, Kentucky State Police said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
So sad

Radcliff, KY

#41 Jun 13, 2013
Well it's no excuse but they were both sick on drugs and that's what happens. I'm sure if they weren't in their addiction it would be a different story. My husband wanted them gone and I was trying to figure out how to help. My husband actually left. When he left all of a sudden Matt made her tell me that Josh was coming in the shower on her. I told her to call the police thinking it was not true but to have a record of the occurance. The cop even looked her in the eyes and said did he touch you she said no never and was telling the truth. She had nothing to be scared of. I was on family leave and home. They were never here and when they were they were together. Then there were telling more stories of tape recorders in trash cans that were never there and then I was suspecting it was the drugs. I never did find any searched the room to make sure but when they left found pill capsules in the air conditioner vents while I was cleaning up that room. We got texts later saying the rape stuff after they left but the story kept changing and it was not true. I just told them to get some help. They did not want help. It's sad that a child had to suffer through this and I will say if I had known I would do everything in my power that they did not have that child.
So sad

Radcliff, KY

#42 Jun 13, 2013
Yes they did take my cannon camera I got for Christmas to take pictures of my children. It's a small price to pay nothing else. I kept everything up and locked away.
no name

Chicago, IL

#43 Jun 13, 2013
So sad wrote:
Well it's no excuse but they were both sick on drugs and that's what happens. I'm sure if they weren't in their addiction it would be a different story. My husband wanted them gone and I was trying to figure out how to help. My husband actually left. When he left all of a sudden Matt made her tell me that Josh was coming in the shower on her. I told her to call the police thinking it was not true but to have a record of the occurance. The cop even looked her in the eyes and said did he touch you she said no never and was telling the truth. She had nothing to be scared of. I was on family leave and home. They were never here and when they were they were together. Then there were telling more stories of tape recorders in trash cans that were never there and then I was suspecting it was the drugs. I never did find any searched the room to make sure but when they left found pill capsules in the air conditioner vents while I was cleaning up that room. We got texts later saying the rape stuff after they left but the story kept changing and it was not true. I just told them to get some help. They did not want help. It's sad that a child had to suffer through this and I will say if I had known I would do everything in my power that they did not have that child.
Are you saying while they were staying with you Audrey was not with them.
no name

Georgetown, KY

#44 Jun 13, 2013
Does anyone no what happened in court today?
So sad

Radcliff, KY

#45 Jun 13, 2013
no name wrote:
Does anyone no what happened in court today?
Yes they left close to the end of February they were not here long.
no name

Georgetown, KY

#46 Jun 13, 2013
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they left close to the end of February they were not here long.
So this was before she came and got Audrey from her dad? Just trying to understand ?
no name

Georgetown, KY

#47 Jun 13, 2013
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they left close to the end of February they were not here long.
So this was before she came and got Audrey from her dad ? Just trying to get the time line straight and understand.
So sad

Louisville, KY

#48 Jun 14, 2013
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
So this was before she came and got Audrey from her dad ? Just trying to get the time line straight and understand.
Yes that was before. I never saw the child and did not know she had plans on getting her.
amc

Lexington, KY

#49 Jun 14, 2013
because she didnt want the baby till matt talk her in to geting her for taxes and food stamps . if it wasnt for that shes wouldnt even care , she never talked about any of her kids,
amc

Lexington, KY

#50 Jun 14, 2013
not much happend it court , the bond is still the same they go back the 27 for a hereing on matt and kim, the juged was gonna let kim out on the $2,500 and house watch till the cop and a few other told her why she stoped it last time so shes gonna hold off till the 27th at 1:30
former co worker

Lexington, KY

#51 Jun 14, 2013
yea ur right when she was working with me he would sit out in the parking lot and watch her... and ur right they are both to blame bc whichever one was doing it to that baby the other one shouldve reported it... i also cant believe that she hasnt even shed a tear during her hearings about what was being done to her child i dont understand how anybody could stand by and not say a word to anybody that the stuff was happening or how a mother could allow that happen or to do it herself she doesnt deserve to be healthy she didnt give that inoccent baby a chance to be happy and healthy which i understand that she was and even still is being with her daddy... Women like her dont deserve to be happy or healthy when they didnt even care if her own baby was i just cant understand if she was going to do or let what has been done to that poor baby go through why she even cared to try to get her custody back she shouldve let her stay with her daddy where she was happy healthy and took very good care of her.... MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO AUDREY AND HER DADDY I HOPE THAT THEY ARE HAPPY FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE THEY DESERVE IT!!!!
just wondering

United States

#52 Sep 10, 2013
I know she had court sometime last week or so. Does anyone know if she got out?
no name

Georgetown, KY

#53 Sep 10, 2013
just wondering wrote:
I know she had court sometime last week or so. Does anyone know if she got out?
Goes back to court Monday the 16th I think. Should put them under the jail.
kimberly trusty

United States

#54 Nov 4, 2013
Recent wrote:
What is the status on these two and more importantly, the 14 month old?
How many kids do Clifton & Riggs have?
kim is still in jail..and matt is still in jail he got his ass beat in jail..
sickening

Scottsburg, IN

#55 Nov 7, 2013
I knew of this and reported it to police twice AND C.P.S twice!! And nobody did anything about it when I reported it!! The little boy was getting the worst of it. I don't usually mess with cops bit when it comes to children being abused that's the right thing to do. It makes me sick that neither times I told police they did nothing even with marks on the child and CPS didn't even investigate. I told Spicer with CPS and she didn't do a damn thing smdh!! I don't know how that woman sleeps at night shes a heartless evil bitch.. and to all law enforcement and CPS people I notifier about the abuse taking place to those poor children rot in he'll it would have never gotten to that point if y'all would have gotten off your lazy asses when I reported the abuse the first or even the second time!!
sickening

Scottsburg, IN

#56 Nov 7, 2013
The father thee a steel toed boot at the little boy just for looking at his dad while he ate!! And they would drop the kids of at these peoples house and disappear for weeks at a time they're both pieces of shit that deserve whatever happens to them I could NEVER imagine doing that to my baby or ANY child. I'm pretty sure they held the little boy under water too because he was scream and cry if you said anything about taking a bath to him. That poor little boy had no kind of escape from abuse wherever he went. Its so sad that kind of shit is what creates serial killers. Its gonna be hard for him growing up. Hes going to think that all that is normal since it happens to him that long. It breaks my heart I know many close people who were trying to take him in and away from all that evil but atlest its over now
upset

Richmond, KY

#57 Nov 8, 2013
Exactly wrote:
She's got a long way to go... She's unrecognizable! She was such a beautiful and happy child. But she is out of ICU. So baby steps but hopefully she will be ok and there won't be any permanent damage... It's bad. Poor baby.
<quoted text>
Why want the people of this town do something about that judge.There has got to be a way before her sorry ass hurts another baby.I wonder how many more children she has put in harms way.I hear she only listens to one side.If the child is old enough to tell whats going on she want listens or even ask.She hurt the baby as if she had been there.Praying for this baby and any others that she has in harms way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US investigating allegations on Albuquerque pol... 6 min Manuel L 2
News KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supr... 37 min Frogface Kate 3
News Saunders faces child abuse charges in Ballard C... 51 min ? 4
News Trump victory sets off a tsunami of lobbying ac... 1 hr davy 11
News Face tattoo identifies man in Ruidoso home inva... (Oct '10) 1 hr FED 27
News Former U.S. Border agent sentenced in attempted... 2 hr FBLM 47
News President-Elect Trump Will Deal Quickly With So... 2 hr Wildchild 1
More from around the web