Carrollton Free Press Standard Letter...

Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Tina Lewis

There are 20 comments on the Carrollton Free Press Standard story from May 22, 2013, titled Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Tina Lewis. In it, Carrollton Free Press Standard reports that:

I moved to Carrollton after I had cancer surgery and to have another surgery. I also wanted to be with my dying father.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carrollton Free Press Standard.

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 May 22, 2013
Dear Tina,
Somehow you are allowing yourself to be a victim. Apparently you are a wonderful loving caring person and bad things keep happening to you!
Why is that?
Are you sure you aren't bringing this upon yourself? How is it that you're a victim of police brutality on one city and then in another city you are bullied by city officials? How and why were you evicted twice by two different landlords?
When the same things keep happening over and over again to you...it's time to look in the mirror.
denise

United States

#2 May 23, 2013
Evidently EURO you have NO CLUE just like the law in Carrollton !!! It isn't just Tina, I have been trying to write about this for last 19 years in June !!!! The reason I couldn't get the Free Press to print my OPINIONS is they didn't have the guts to do it back then......

When I brought my family to live here in Carrollton, to get them out of the gangs and drugs that were around in Canton, sometimes I ask was it worth it? But we moved here and were treated like shit.... the neighbors all knew about 'THE FIRST TO CALL THE SHERIFF WAS VICTIM', something we found out later after being threatened with gun on public street (when truck broke down), told to get off our property until we got it surveyed and found out it WAS OURS, and not the neighbors as THEY TOLD US, having charges placed on us for FALSIFIED REPORTS TO SHERIFF, AS THEY WERE CONSIDERED VICTIMS,(and filed a FALSE REPORT stating that we threatened the neighbors and told them we were going to blow up their home and kill them) something that NEVER HAPPENED....this was back in 94, against 3-4 neighbors who surprisingly aren't here anymore because they were OFFERED A DEAL TO SELL OUT INSTEAD OF FACING CHARGES THAT THE LAW FOUND OUT IT WASN'T US DOING EVERYTHING TO THESE PEOPLE, and guess what it is still happening on same road with same sheriff department and County Prosecutor (moved up from Ass't).. February 25, 2013 scrapyard punk, that just started a business, without permits, Rammed another truck, suppossidly was there to purchase part from SCRAPYARD GUY, he is listed in Craigslist auto parts from carrollton, he started ramming him at scrapyard and continued to ram him almost a mile, the guy he rammed was on phone to sheriff calling for help, was seen by quite a few residents of this road, but it didn't matter even if the arresting officer seen what happened because the punk NEVER FACED CHARGES THAT FIT THE CRIME....and it is considered VEHICULAR ASSULT when you take your vehicle and ram someone elses vehicle for almost a MILE DOWN PUBLIC ROAD...
same guy has FALSIFIED STATEMENTS, but all records of people filing statements on this guy ARE GONE, and that has happened before too, bullets that came out of our truck and home disapearing from property room, pictures of accident with cement truck, getting ticket for having a truck ran over by cement truck that was delivering .7 of a mile from State Route 39, and then traveling down a 17' wide road barely wide enough for 2 pickups to pass, and now letting someone (2) that really shouldn't have a license drive down road hauling scrap, dropping most of it down road, who thinks people should move out of their way, he even hit a guy that pulled off road for him to pass, then told sheriff that they exchanged information to relieve himself of not having charges put on him....????

TINA, it isn't just you, it is ALL that move here from other counties, people, I will say SOME PEOPLE, that are originally from here, as they say it BORN HERE, say others DON'T BELONG HERE, well they can kma....I started learning about LAW from the first time we were put in jail for a FALSIFIED sheriff report, only 2nd time in life of being there,but since have been there 4x's. Have read whole Ohio Criminal Law Enforcement book, given to us by lawyer, evidently Carroll County goes by something else, and getting things done by myself.

And EURO, YOU DON'T HAVE CLUE !!! I am going to write book, there is one written to how GOOD carrollton is, lol, this one is going to be truth of carrollton.....
miss_behaving

Massillon, OH

#3 May 23, 2013
Sorry you've had a bad experience with "Carrollton" Denise. I have lived here for almost 30 years and didn't realize it was that "bad".... Honestly there is no other place I would want to raise my family. Maybe there's somewhere else you'd prefer to raise yours?
Honestly Speaking

Blissfield, OH

#4 May 23, 2013
Welcome to Carrollton! Where you can deal heroin, beat your wife, drive drunk, and get a big old pat on the back! But please don't ONLY place blame with the police department. MOST of them do their job, its the court and legal system that drops the ball. Its not who you know, its who you... well, you can finish that sentence.
I'm so sorry for your experiences dear. I hope that your health is better and that you can get out of here as soon as possible. I know that when my children graduate, I'm gone. This place is a sinkhole and is nothing like the nice town that I grew up in. Greed and the good old boy system has taken over and there's no coming back. Pathetic.
Resident

Sunbury, OH

#5 May 23, 2013
And sometimes it's simply a matter of what the LAW in the State is. OR, that "beaten wife" comes in wants everything dropped / refuses to testify. Ever think of that?
Toni

Dover, OH

#6 May 23, 2013
Landlords do what they do to make money. They don't do it as a mission. It's not a landlord's fault or responsibility if you are sick or unable to pay. They have bills too, like property taxes.

I feel sorry for landlords. The law favors renters. They have more rights than the property owner who worked for, maintains and has all the bills. I wouldn't do it. I see many in small claims court trying to get their money. No way.
denise

United States

#7 May 23, 2013
Honestly Speaking wrote:
Welcome to Carrollton! Where you can deal heroin, beat your wife, drive drunk, and get a big old pat on the back! But please don't ONLY place blame with the police department. MOST of them do their job, its the court and legal system that drops the ball. Its not who you know, its who you... well, you can finish that sentence.
I'm so sorry for your experiences dear. I hope that your health is better and that you can get out of here as soon as possible. I know that when my children graduate, I'm gone. This place is a sinkhole and is nothing like the nice town that I grew up in. Greed and the good old boy system has taken over and there's no coming back. Pathetic.
must not be that wrong, it isn't the deputies, they do their part, as I watch this town sink more and more, thank god for the kids that did get out... they have a chance, the ones that can't, are the kids that get picked on the most, the ones that don't know right from wrong who get hammered, the ones that just think they can do anything they want, then call you and tell you not to write about your experiences with them or they will write, if they can, about you.....waiting for it !!!
Bill Rosenberger

Erie, PA

#8 May 24, 2013
Seems to me that if someone is having problems with the police and legal system, the problem is not necessarily them but the ones who keep into trouble. I've lived here for 13 years and have never had any problems with the police OR the legal system...oh wait...that's because I haven't done anything to break the law and be forced to deal with these people. I'm not saying they don't have issues, they may very well have lots of them, but it seems to me the best way to avoid them is to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble.
Gone

Grove City, OH

#9 May 24, 2013
Yep, I'm GONE!!
These home breads can have there shi* hole.
In 5yrs you won't even be able to drink the water.
This town don't deserve people with teeth and a brain. The junk yard dogs can have it!!
Mindy

Medina, OH

#10 May 24, 2013
Gone wrote:
Yep, I'm GONE!!
These home breads can have there shi* hole.
In 5yrs you won't even be able to drink the water.
This town don't deserve people with teeth and a brain. The junk yard dogs can have it!!
Buy bottled water then!!!!
Get a Clue

David, KY

#11 May 25, 2013
Honestly Speaking wrote:
Please don't wait for graduation...get out now! You will not be missed by those of us that love this town and are working to make it better.
Archie Bunker

Ocala, FL

#12 May 26, 2013
Tina,

What I see happening is that you are dependent on people you should not want in your life. Face it when you are calling out statutes then you are looking to the government to control your life. You should want them out of your life and you should not be going to these agencies for help. You don't want the authorities in your life then don't give them cause to be in it!

Do the American dream thing. Work, make a way for yourself, build a home, owe no one, and expect nothing from anyone or anything to live your life.

You have a lot of holes in your story, and I believe you probably came here because someone or something was offering something more. I have commented on several stories like this and it becomes the same statement. Get off government assistant. I also blame this county for putting out the welcome signs for these options.
But the reality is we have the same people running these offices so nothing will change.

Our best and brightest leave and never come back and we replace them with welfare recipients. We are all to blame because most truly don't want this county to change.
Annynomous

Dover, OH

#13 May 26, 2013
I was born here, went to school here, moved away and would come back. Is it perfect? No. Is it okay? Yes. There are a lot of the same issues here as there are in other small towns. If you don't like it here, please feel free to move somewhere else and help them out.

Tina-It is sad that you had some illness to deal with it and for that I wish you the best, but that is no excuse to not properly maintain a property, whether you are renting or not. You are the cause of yourself being evicted.

To the other comments regarding the condition of the water in this county. GET EDUCATED! I have been in the oil and gas industry for 25 years. There are some bad along with the good just like a lot of other industries. Do you know anything about the water testing that a company does before they even move any dirt? This industry will cause changes in Carroll County. Will all be good? No. Will all be bad? No. These companies are here to make money, just like every other industry in the world. Should they trash the land to do that? No. Don't jump on the band wagon of how bad oil and gas is, learn more about it and be proactive. Don't sign a lease without having a professional review it. Yes, it costs but would you go to a doctor for surgery without reviewing what was going to be done and what to expect for recover? No.

We need to be more accountable for out actions and don't act like a herd of cows. No offense to the cows or their owners! Get informed, be responsible for yourself and help out a neighbor. The world would be a better place.
Tired Of It

Salineville, OH

#14 May 27, 2013
If you dont like it here ... LEAVE!!!
TennesseeKate

Gallatin, TN

#15 May 29, 2013
I'm sorry bad things have happened to you, but don't give up. If Carroll County isn't the place for you, then find someplace that is. There's crime everywhere, some places worse than others. I think Carroll County is probably safer than a lot of other small towns out there SO FAR. And don't even start thinking about the big towns. With more people comes more problems, that's just how it is.

That being said, this oil&gas boom will be a good thing economically for Carroll County, but I can already see the other repercussions that will come of it. If you don't like the way things run with as many residents as there are now, then get out before everybody and their brother moves into town due to the economic growth...

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#16 May 29, 2013
Some people just don't (or can't) work (or play) well with others. Size of the city won't matter to those folks.
Tired of the Game

Magnolia, OH

#17 May 29, 2013
Resident wrote:
And sometimes it's simply a matter of what the LAW in the State is. OR, that "beaten wife" comes in wants everything dropped / refuses to testify. Ever think of that?
How True. Things would be different if the namsy panzy judges would do THIER job . The cops are surly doing things right at their end but when the judges have them handcuffed what else can they do .
Honestly Speaking

Shauck, OH

#18 May 30, 2013
Wow.... that's all I can say. Are you people that blind? Do you NOT read the newspaper? Stay in your fantasy wonderland. They like you there.:)
Resident

Nova, OH

#19 May 30, 2013
Tired of the Game wrote:
<quoted text>How True. Things would be different if the namsy panzy judges would do THIER job . The cops are surly doing things right at their end but when the judges have them handcuffed what else can they do .
You so totally missed the point. Judges and the rest of "the system" as everyone seems to love to call it, can only work within the law and on the facts they have.
Back Country

United States

#20 Jun 7, 2013
To all you whining sob's. If you don't like it here then why don't you get the hell out and go live somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds 20M would lose health coverage unde... 5 hr Patriot 114
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) 7 hr RezWarrior 52
News Pilot who led Trump's police backers fired afte... 9 hr Captain Yesterday 5
News CBS' "The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey" Premieres O... 9 hr Jolamom 851
News UPDATE 1-Obama power plant rules face key test ... 12 hr He Named Me Black... 1
News Teachers' union overwhelmingly votes to authori... 14 hr former democrat 1
News Obama Kept His Promise, 83,000 Coal Jobs Lost A... 15 hr Slade surfer Thom... 176
More from around the web