Erie lawyer charged with bilking $191,000 from estate

There are 20 comments on the Mar 18, 2009, GoErie.com story titled Erie lawyer charged with bilking $191,000 from estate. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

An Erie lawyer has been charged with theft after he went to the Erie County District Attorney's Office on Wednesday to report that he had drained approximately $191,000 out of an estate he represented.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Giv

Mercer, PA

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Just like Mizner, I'm sure he'll get a slap on the wrist & continue to practice law.
Learned Hand

Oil City, PA

#2 Mar 18, 2009
Is this the same guy who represented a father in a child custody case, then prosecuted the same father for starting a house fire and killing his kid. And didn't realize that might be WRONG! Or is this a different Attorney Moore?

He sounds like another Erie attorney/judge, Mike Joyce.
TBT

Bolivar, OH

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Another Democrat criminal.
Learned Hand

Oil City, PA

#4 Mar 18, 2009
now I know why lawyers belong to a "bar" association... so many end up locked behind them.
Bowmonk

Erie, PA

#5 Mar 18, 2009
This Erie County Bar Assn. is a bunch of crooks and kooks. I wouldn't wrap fish with any advice they give. Mizner and now this guy. keep on protecting them Bar Assn. bunch of phoney's!
S Ann Soetoro

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2009
that's what lawyers do... just look at all the lyin' and thievin' my little boy is into...

this guy wouldn't have fessed up unless he was about to be exposed either!
Learned Hand

Oil City, PA

#7 Mar 18, 2009
the "bar" recommends the judges for elections. This is why PA must stop electing judges by popularity contests.
Ronald

Erie, PA

#8 Mar 18, 2009
let me guess he's gonna claim a mental disability and get away with it!!!!
outside senior observer

Harborcreek, PA

#9 Mar 18, 2009
pro bono my butt - how many others was he bilking? No better that AIG, Citibank, etc - put em all in jail with three hots and a cot. I thing he hired the "Kelly" girl from Wattsburg area who embezzled funds through his law office and Jeff Connelly's office.
outside senior observer

Harborcreek, PA

#10 Mar 18, 2009
Learned Hand wrote:
Is this the same guy who represented a father in a child custody case, then prosecuted the same father for starting a house fire and killing his kid. And didn't realize that might be WRONG! Or is this a different Attorney Moore?
...different Moore. That one was John Moore who, ironically, lost his house in a fire and is so crippled up, he can't walk. What goes around comes around.
outside senior observer

Harborcreek, PA

#11 Mar 18, 2009
TBT wrote:
Mizner was head of the Republican Party, us dems had the God-fearing Ian Murray (the Thunderbird man who Mizner loaned ilegally obtained $$$ to) What a community of thieves (Bar Association.)
2Bits

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2009
Learned Hand wrote:
Differant Moore, Smead. I know Greg on a personal level and find it hard to believe he did this. But then again, he more or less confessed to the crime. I feel deep sadness for his family. I guess one never knows what is in a persons heart. BTW, he was a Republican.
lakerman1

Edinboro, PA

#13 Mar 18, 2009
Sounds as if this man is ready to join the other thieves and tax cheats appointed by the kenyan, stanley ann's son.

“6 times baby! Count 'em!”

Since: Feb 09

Meadville

#14 Mar 18, 2009
When will idiots learn it's not about the party? They are ALL crooks!! Don't you get that? They enjoy benefits most can only dream of yet pass laws that hurt us. The spend other peoples money with no regard to the consequences, that's why they don't care. There is no accountability. Especially once they are established past a few elections. VERY hard to get them out then.
I have no time for politicians. ALL crooks.
butrash

Erie, PA

#15 Mar 18, 2009
Wow, I bet the bar association is crying in their beers tonight.Remind me that if they reccommend or endorse someone for the judge race to vote for they guy they DON'T recommend. That way, I'll know he's not a part of the good old boys network.
J Riley

Akron, OH

#18 Mar 18, 2009
It really says a lot about Erie legal community when the guy with the most hours of pro-bono work only donated 84 for the entire year in 2007.
Haugee

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2009
He has what it takes to be a politician now!
mrkihn

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Mar 18, 2009
TBT wrote:
Your ignorance is nothing amazing
Formerly Unemployed

Erie, PA

#21 Mar 18, 2009
At a time when I was still figuring out what I was gonna' be when I grew up after a 23-year career at Hammermill, Greg Moore helped me with a legal matter - and for free. I have always found him to be an honerable man - and until he is found not to be by a jury of his peers, will continue to support him.
renee b

Pasadena, TX

#22 Mar 18, 2009
I have known Mr Moore and family for decades. I caution all readers to remember there are two sides to a story. Mr Moore is a dedicated lawyer, family man and all around great person while compared to judge Joyce, lives in a middle class neighborhood, not an excessive person by any means. He is a good person with a
good heart and I truly believe there is a reason for this. Out of respect for his family and friends, do not leave nasty posts until the whole story is revealed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fugitive of the Week - Jarred Peters of Clearfield (Feb '11) 1 hr Ron hatesclearfie... 59
News The fight against blight 2 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
News Amid Texas psychiatrist shortage, plan offers l... 2 hr HumanSpirit 2
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 3 hr Berry Lewis Obumma 31
News Vacaville City Council to revisit medical marij... 6 hr Latricia 13
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 25
News Charges filed in Victorville teen slaying (Jul '09) 10 hr anonymous 31
More from around the web