Long Beach council gets proposed rules on chickens, goats and bees from comittee

There are 3 comments on the Mar 20, 2013, insidebayarea.com story titled Long Beach council gets proposed rules on chickens, goats and bees from comittee. In it, insidebayarea.com reports that:

Urban gardener Theresa Johnson tends to her plants at Hudson Park in Long Beach, Calif., on March 20, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at insidebayarea.com.

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
During the early days of the revolution, revolutionary political activists used hard earned taxpayer money to fund all sorts of Big Government sponsored NGO's. The purpose of those NGO's was to fund the looney's fight against normalcy and thereby keep the hard working taxpayer off balance so his pockets might be more easily "picked".(so to speak)

This revolutionary economic based scheme has been so successful that in "progressive" revolutionary controlled cities such as Long Beach, the now hated taxpayer has now become a minority. Real damage is now being done. One needs only look at schemes such as the disease spreading popularization BY TAXPAYER FUNDED REVOLUTIONARY LAW! to see the damage being done to children, their single moms, and our old folks.

The revolutionaries are not satisfied to do a little harm and then stop. To the contrary. Every success only inspires the looney's operating taxpayer supported NGO's go on to bigger and better things. Now it is chickens and goats. That should satisfy the Voodoo practitioners, but what will be next? Cattle being given the right of way on our taxpayer owned city streets?

Ronald
Long Beach Yacht Club

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2013
Bike lanes, "Service Animals", Sec 8, Ghetto Express, etc. Good intentions is the road that leads to...
Questioneer

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
I didn't catch it... are these people going to be allowed to slaughter the animals in their backyards? If not, what's to stop them?

There are a number of immigrants living in this city who are quite dedicated to the religion left behind in their old country, and certain religious rituals... die hard.

Have any of the council members ever hear a goat being sacrificed? I can't tell you how unpleasantly loud it is.

Also, if I'm attacked by Africanized bees from my next door neighbor's poorly managed hive, can I sue the city, as well as the bee keeper? It seems as though if the city okayed a practice formerly banned to protect it's citizens, then it should be liable for allowing dangerous practices like beekeeping to be all of a sudden allowed. Especially now that the city has experienced deaths due to Africanized bees in the past.

Any attorneys in the audience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: We failed to get Freddie Gray timely me... 2 hr Be nice 1
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 2 hr Be nice 16
News The Fate Of Nearly 5 Million Immigrants Rests W... 4 hr Earl 7
News Vacaville City Council to revisit medical marij... 5 hr A Thought 4
News Texas Police Chief's Association Opposition To ... 9 hr Sneaky Pete 10
News Claim: Michael Jackson Paid at Least $200M to S... 13 hr Len is Disgusted 338
News Nurse faces felony charges after 'driving half ... 18 hr girltoshytocry 2
More from around the web