Efforts to relax pot rules gaining momentum in US

Jun 10, 2012 Full story: WTVG-TV Toledo 214

Catharine Leach is married and has two boys, age 2 and 8. She has a good job with a federal contractor and smokes pot most every day.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Sam

Olive Branch, MS

#222 Jun 16, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Relax this, allow that AND WHAT THE FREAK DO YA HAVE...A crime ridden country..WHERE the bad guys outnumber the good guys..
It's legal in many other countries. Are they crime ridden?

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#223 Jun 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>It's legal in many other countries. Are they crime ridden?
Great point. As a matter of fact, aren't those countries known to be more welcoming and tolerant than most other countries?
donestoopid

Pompano Beach, FL

#224 Jun 17, 2012
steveo wrote:
help the sick people who are addicted, nothing wrong with that. In this state in the private sector at least even if it was legal you still wouldn't be able to be employed.
Marijuana is not addictive....goshdamn...i know you are just trying to help but you need to help yourself to a dang science book cuz you sound like a freakin tardo!
donestoopid

Pompano Beach, FL

#225 Jun 17, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Relax this, allow that AND WHAT THE FREAK DO YA HAVE...A crime ridden country..WHERE the bad guys outnumber the good guys..
They already outnumber the "good guys"...but you would take away their profit and control thus eliminating the need for the violent behavior that is associated with the selling of drugs.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#226 Jun 17, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
(they said the same thing about alcohol.
common sense

Glen Ellyn, IL

#227 Jun 17, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
(they said the same thing about alcohol.
Could be some truth to it. I think MADD would say so as an example.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#228 Jun 17, 2012
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be some truth to it. I think MADD would say so as an example.
during prohibition people still drank bootleg booze at speakeasy's and the only profit made was in the pockets of organized crime. prohibition caused unprecedented violence.
the repeal of prohibition did NOT lead to a nation of alcoholics.
the prohibition of MJ has led to black market profits and a privatized prison system over-run with non-violent drug offenders.
the repeal of MJ prohibition will not lead to a nation of "stoners".
if anything it will lead to a public that's been properly educated about the adverse effects of MJ, as opposed to the "reefer madness" information that's being doled out.
in addition, lifting the ban on hemp has the potential to save our country from economic ruin; through refinement, industrial hemp can be used in a myriad of ways.
Mike

Temple, TX

#229 Aug 13, 2012
Should we legalize everything just because there are a lot of people doing it and it could generate tax revenue? Is that the criteria? I don't think so.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#230 Aug 13, 2012
X Obama supporter wrote:
After today I really think this will be the topic for Obama's next pathetic attempt at re-election. Let's see.....the LGBT issue, today the immigration issue, next will be the pot issue.
The man has done nothing to improve our economy, actually he's made our debt far worse. He didn't touch the LGBT or illegal immigration issue like he promised to deal with first thing and when he found out he was losing their desire to go to the polls for him in November, all the sudden guess what the begger for votes does???? You watch.....next will be the pot issue.
O can't since his federales have been tougher on medical marijuana than any other administration...
it would expose him as the "say this but do that" that he is...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#231 Aug 13, 2012
Mike wrote:
Should we legalize everything just because there are a lot of people doing it and it could generate tax revenue? Is that the criteria? I don't think so.
how about for starters we take the things that no matter how much and how often you use them you DON'T DIE...
and make them un-illegal...

given its not true for booze and that is legal!

no matter how you do it, pot will not kill you...
on what grounds, then, is it not legal?

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#232 Aug 13, 2012
Mike wrote:
worked for portugal.
even Chris Christie sees the truth.
it costs $44k per year to incarcerate a single person.
it costs $27k per year to send that same person to a rehab facility.
it's simple math.
wayne

Davenport, FL

#233 Aug 13, 2012
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is good for one's health, but I don't believe it is particularly harmful. At least not anymore harmful that a great number of things which are legal.
And for those with cancer like me,it is a very good alternative to narcotics.It works very well to not only help with pain,but nausea,appetite etc etc.Look it up,do a little research,and know what your talking about before you say or write anything.
Mike

Temple, TX

#234 Aug 13, 2012
wayne wrote:
<quoted text>And for those with cancer like me,it is a very good alternative to narcotics.It works very well to not only help with pain,but nausea,appetite etc etc.Look it up,do a little research,and know what your talking about before you say or write anything.
I really am sorry you have cancer. I expect you have researched this. Have you done any research on a person using it who is suffering from anxiety and depression and is already taking prescription SSRI's? I wonder if those people should use both, or if they should discontinue the SSRI's, just as you discovered it was better to use than narcotics? Do you have any thoughts on this?
Mike

Temple, TX

#235 Aug 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
how about for starters we take the things that no matter how much and how often you use them you DON'T DIE...
and make them un-illegal...
given its not true for booze and that is legal!
no matter how you do it, pot will not kill you...
on what grounds, then, is it not legal?
Should we criminalize booze? Sounds okay to me. We do know that alcohol not only causes deaths simply because it robs people of their better judgement when overused, but it also causes complications when used along with taking many prescription medications; often even with over the counter medications as well.
I wonder if pot ever causes complications used in conjunction with SSRI type anti-depressants?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Law Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 10 min Maggielou 108
Michael Jackson's mom taking lawsuit to Calif. ... 1 hr Octopus 6
Jindal blasts congressional Republicans for a p... 2 hr Le Jimbo 3
Barry Beach--Montana Needs to Clear the Air (May '09) 3 hr montuckybangers 122
What life is like for Casey Anthony (Jul '14) 3 hr Lon Spector 263
Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) 3 hr SmhSameBoat 337
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 3 hr Lon Spector 304
More from around the web